It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Now for a real war story  (Read 11141 times)

Offline Jeff Mowatt

Now for a real war story
« on: May 08, 2007, 02:03:58 AM »
Those like myself who've been on the circuit a while will know that there are predators out there and they're not always RW. Sometimes they're disaffected expats as I found to my cost in Kharkov. He's been living there now for around 7 years and quickly latched on when he learned of a plan to leverage development funding. Regrettably, this was after having shown him a printed summary. His mistake was to ask for business visa support which meant supplying passport details, so there's no doubt of his identity. His request was denied as we learned more.

For the last year, My colleague and I have been under constant bombardment. It started with hoaxing forum logins to create the impression of substance abuse. A host of anonymous id's then began defaming us, to the point of him being barred from a major news site forum though they were unable to lock him out of the news commentary. He's still there posting abuse every weekend which the site now deletes every Monday morning as they return to work.

By October last year I became aware that he was now blogging his abuse which included a scanned copy of the document he'd been offered in confidence. I took it up with Google who would do nothing, so I started my own blog in defence. One of the posts contained his passport number which he complained about and got Google to remove, though they would take no action against the blog commenced earlier that defames me, my colleague our organisation and publishes our work without permission.

As a small time politician he publishes a professional blog with code now embedded to redirect Ukrainian viewers to the smear blog. It offers the impression of local activity in a place he's not been living in for the last 7 years.   

I've been telephone in England by his "legal advisor" informing me of their intention to sue, for publishing his name online. It turned out to be someone using a former marriage name which she doesn't use professionally. She's a UK   
barrister, and her professional name reveals that she's his sister. Her own web traces on genealogy forums state that she's been out of touch with her disfunctional family for 20 years. He now  appears to be using her former marriage name to write intimidating letters to web editors. I suspect she's being used too, in the hope of reestablishing lost family contact. 

As a barrister she'd be hauled over the coals for approaching the public, so I have to assume that it's his own hand at play. I have copies of this and another communication in his own real name as do a group of about six other people who have pledged support, should he really pursue his threat of legal action.

With Google failing to support me and deal even handedly, we are stuck. What he's doing would render him liable for criminal prosecution in the country where he claims to be residing. As many know, in Ukraine law enforcement is often a matter of purchase.

Should we sue in Ukraine, no doubt it would be a newsworthy item and he'd be exposed whatever the outcome.

As it is, we've made some progress in spite of his efforts but there's no doubt that harm will continue to be done.

Is it worth it?           

Offline I/O

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Now for a real war story
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 03:42:30 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I/O

Offline Gator

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 03:52:19 AM »
Jeff,

The connection to women eludes me.  This seems more like a personal vendetta.

Offline Jeff Mowatt

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 05:12:00 AM »
Gator, yes that's what it's turned into it seems and why I avoid mentioning any names.

Essentially this is all about women, especially those with children, who have most to gain from poverty reduction programmes. In Tomsk for instance it has been demonstrated that more than 80% of those who took the opportunity to create SMEs under microfinance initiatives were women.

Empowering women makes for the economic equality that does not currently exist between those that we may want to make our partners, the very essence of what brings the White Knight factor into being.

Were you aware for instance, that of all children in institutional care, approximately 90% have families who are unable to provide for them, that those who escape such places preferring to live on the streets are a breeding ground for HIV infection rates 15 times greater than Western Europe?

Now It might appear that doing something like this was against the interests of what's been dubbed the MOB industry, but if nothing is done about it Ukraine won't be a place anyone wants to seek a bride or adopt children from. If they do nothing to address the state of institutional childcare, they'll be excluded from joining Europe on human rights grounds.

So, in one sense it's nothing to do with the immediate and romantic relationships, yet in another it's everything to do with the future of women in Eastern Europe.

Jeff   

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 06:27:32 AM »
I am sorry- this thread makes no sense. What is being said here?

defamation, substance abuse, Kharkov. . . . . Could you start over from the beginning and give enough FACTS so that the uneducated like myself can get a handle on what this story is all about?

Offline I/O

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 06:34:40 AM »
substance abuse

William: I maybe wrong and I hope I am but I suspect my extract from your post might well be the key to the thread.  :-\ :-\

I/O

Offline Jeff Mowatt

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 06:52:31 AM »
I can't really guys, not without naming names and this isn't the place I want to bring a battle 

What I'm saying about substance abuse is that first instances of harrassment came in the form of anonyomous messages using a forum login (not here I should add) which closely resembled that of a colleague. The content was such that it indicated someone looking for narcotic supplies.

Having been rumbled by other participants, there were then a variety of aliases making allegations about criminal intent. They were eventually all blocked by moderators. At the same time our reports on human rights issues were deleted to remove the source of provocation. it didn't stop the continued claims however offering links to a defamatory blog

The site owners complained publicly about their site being flooded with abusive comments. The bogus lawyer identity  was then used to apply pressure to have that removed.  Meanwhile the blog abuse continued with no response from Google to complaints. When he was then identified in my own blog, Google acted to remove his identification.

So. that's where we are now, being run down by something we're powerless to act against.   

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 08:03:55 AM »
not enough information here to determine what you are talking about.  :wallbash:

Not recommended reading. . . . .

I/O- you are probably right in your surmise

Offline WmGO

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 08:38:18 AM »
If they do nothing to address the state of institutional childcare

A serious issue. And you may be aware but there is a tremendous amount of Western and American effort to help alleviate the problems in this area...........it is much much worse in Russia than in Ukraine...........

Other than that, I don't see how this thread is relevant to RWD.

Offline Jeff Mowatt

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »
OK, let me try to make it clearer.

Though this wasn't the beginning, all hell broke loose when we released this story below. We'd gained the trust of the leading citizens activist network in Ukraine who gave us editorial permissions on their English language portal:

http://eng.maidanua.org/node/581

As you probably know there's a political battle going on in Ukraine right now, with oligarchic interests wanting to retain control and the status quo at all costs. Many people don't want a story like this to be told, though Maiden still backs us up as you can see from its continued existence there. There are some good people who don't want it know fearing for their own humanitarian efforts and being excluded, others with personal interests in adoption and a darker contingent who find it politically threatening.   

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 03:44:20 PM »
Thre is a bit of a hidden agenda going on here, guys.  I did some research and learned  some interesting things about Jeff and his associate, whose initials are TH.

You may want to check out a couple of sites, including a thread in For-UA.com and the following link:
http://www.publiuspundit.com/wp/index.php/?p=444

Bear in mind that his business associate runs the Maidan website when you read his link.

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 05:38:20 PM »
Good grief!

Nice detective work Scott....  now we can all get back to the real intent of participating in RWD.

Kuna

Offline Jeff Mowatt

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 01:46:29 AM »
Not really Kuna, no detective work at all in fact in uncovering an instance of a smear campaign. Does this explain why the leading citizens rights group in Ukraine have not removed the report from their website? Yes, we have editorial permission to post there, but we cannot claim to be in personal control of the Orange Revolution.

What you'll find all over the internet, in fact are my contributions in my own name and those of an anonymous detractor who is terrified of being identified. So terrified in fact that using the name of a bogus lawyer he's managed to persuade Google to remove his name from my defense against his actions while continuing to publish his smears.

OK, read the smear blog, with its manifest allegations, then perhaps the link below will be understandable:   

http://stopcyberbullying.ning.com/profile/JeffMowatt

Now, try some of my detective work. You may not like it because it points to Australia. Open the link below and examine the javascript code in the page source. Can you then explain why someone with ambitions of political office would want to conduct an anonymous campaign such as this?

http://tinyurl.com/2utuq7

Now you can say "Good Grief!" and if you want to follow what this disturbed mind has been doing in his last 7 years in Ukraine while masquerading as an Australian resident.  If you're that interested you can even follow his progress as the assault continues and his own critics tear him to shreds on his news commentary and the forum where all his known aliases have been barred.

http://en.for-ua.com/

Offline Kuna

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 07:50:15 AM »
Errrr...  Not really Jeff.  I don't see what any of this has to do with Russian Women or discussion about the same.

I've read some of the "gumf" from both sides and think there's some people with WAYYYYy too much time on their hands.

Personally... I like the fact that RWD is focused on discussion about Russian women and I'm glad we don't get involved in petty cyber disputes.

All the best...

Kuna

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 08:05:33 AM »
Jeff,
     I have my own opinions about what is happening with you and your colleagues and I don't really think you would be happy to hear them.  My point is that this is a board, as Kuna wrote, whose purpose is the discussion of the pursuit, understanding and love of Russian women.  If you want to post about personal issues and your experience, comments and questions related to this, you are welcome here, but please don't attempt to bring a diffeent agenda onto this board.  There are plenty of other places for that.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 08:07:26 AM »
Not really Kuna, no detective work at all in fact in uncovering an instance of a smear campaign. Does this explain why the leading citizens rights group in Ukraine have not removed the report from their website? Yes, we have editorial permission to post there, but we cannot claim to be in personal control of the Orange Revolution.

What you'll find all over the internet, in fact are my contributions in my own name and those of an anonymous detractor who is terrified of being identified. So terrified in fact that using the name of a bogus lawyer he's managed to persuade Google to remove his name from my defense against his actions while continuing to publish his smears.

OK, read the smear blog, with its manifest allegations, then perhaps the link below will be understandable:   

http://stopcyberbullying.ning.com/profile/JeffMowatt

Now, try some of my detective work. You may not like it because it points to Australia. Open the link below and examine the javascript code in the page source. Can you then explain why someone with ambitions of political office would want to conduct an anonymous campaign such as this?

http://tinyurl.com/2utuq7

Now you can say "Good Grief!" and if you want to follow what this disturbed mind has been doing in his last 7 years in Ukraine while masquerading as an Australian resident.  If you're that interested you can even follow his progress as the assault continues and his own critics tear him to shreds on his news commentary and the forum where all his known aliases have been barred.

http://en.for-ua.com/

Jeff,

Admittedly, I have not (and do not plan to) take the time to fully-appreciate the 'issue' you are raising.

Please provide a condensed version - and, in particular, how it ties into the theme and mission of RWD.

Thanks,

- Dan

Offline Jeff Mowatt

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 08:31:39 AM »
Dan, Elsewhere in this forum I find threads which discuss the abuse of children and the economic circumstances which prevail in the former Soviet Union. Like many others here, I have participated in the search for a partner in this region and am as aware as most that these economic conditions are the primary motivation for Russian women to seek out a life overseas. Perhaps this one is misplaced in this category, but I sought to describe the experience which led me from being there to take part in the "MOB" selection process, gain a deeper understanding of the social environment and commit myself to efforts that would bring about change and level the playing field.   

If that's inappropriate, then by all means consider it off topic and remove the discussion.

Believe me Kuna, this is entirely about Russian, specifically Ukrainian women. It may be inappropriate in this section or not suit your interest, but it's about a human rights effort to improve conditions for Russian/Ukrainian women and children.

You've proclaimed "Great detective work" so you've been interested enough to comment but when presented with something which contradicts this, you don't want to know.

This isn't leisure for me, it's a full time effort in which all resources are directed, my business revenue and my time.

How I decide to spend that time is entirely my own concern and if it requires fending off allegations from "anonymous"  detractors, then so be it. You aren't obliged to participate.           

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 08:42:22 AM »
Dan, Elsewhere in this forum I find threads which discuss the abuse of children and the economic circumstances which prevail in the former Soviet Union. Like many others here, I have participated in the search for a partner in this region and am as aware as most that these economic conditions are the primary motivation for Russian women to seek out a life overseas. Perhaps this one is misplaced in this category, but I sought to describe the experience which led me from being there to take part in the "MOB" selection process, gain a deeper understanding of the social environment and commit myself to efforts that would bring about change and level the playing field.   

If that's inappropriate, then by all means consider it off topic and remove the discussion.

Believe me Kuna, this is entirely about Russian, specifically Ukrainian women. It may be inappropriate in this section or not suit your interest, but it's about a human rights effort to improve conditions for Russian/Ukrainian women and children.

You've proclaimed "Great detective work" so you've been interested enough to comment but when presented with something which contradicts this, you don't want to know.

This isn't leisure for me, it's a full time effort in which all resources are directed, my business revenue and my time.

How I decide to spend that time is entirely my own concern and if it requires fending off allegations from "anonymous"  detractors, then so be it. You aren't obliged to participate.           

Jeff,

I think the concern is that RWD has just come through the experience of organized groups with agendas different from our own - worked to distract/derail the site. They sought to pursue their agendas and wanted to leverage the popularity built at RWD for their platform.

While there is *some* room for that - the concern is that we end up with a diminution of the mission of RWD to cater to the agendas of others - and that is not healthy for RWD in the long-term.

I hope you see my point.

RWD has the mission to be (and it is) the premier site for men to gather and share information about the pursuit of a life-partner from the FSU countries.

To the extent your agenda falls within that space, or is complementary, it is welcomed. If it is too far afield, then you will find the responsible members of RWD (like Kuna and Scott and others) will rein in the discussions. This is normal for RWD.

- Dan

Offline Jeff Mowatt

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 09:05:58 AM »
Dan, I understand and accept your point. I'm a seasoned participant in RW discussion groups going back to the old RWL group at St Johns and a moderator of many groups myself. I deal with precisely the same problems and sought only to describe experiences in a generalised form. In doing so here, I've been asked to be specific and pointed to the source of the most difficult problem I've encounted to-date.   

I still have an active interest in RW discussions which extends to the work I've described already, a support group for the victims of Beslan a campaign for recognition of the Holodomor, a campaign to raise awareness of HIV prevention in Ukraine and support for the Nastenka fund for children with cancer in Russia.

These are my declared interests, part of me and my experience arising from relationships with Russian women. I will desist from bringing them into discussion as advised.

Jeff     

Offline WmGO

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 09:56:30 AM »
Jeff,
     I have my own opinions about what is happening with you and your colleagues and I don't really think you would be happy to hear them.  My point is that this is a board, as Kuna wrote, whose purpose is the discussion of the pursuit, understanding and love of Russian women.  If you want to post about personal issues and your experience, comments and questions related to this, you are welcome here, but please don't attempt to bring a diffeent agenda onto this board.  There are plenty of other places for that.

Agree totally...........but I want to add this: I have been waiting a couple of days to let all this sink in. Particularly after reading the maidan web link that this VERY ODD Jeff fellow posted about Ukrainian orphanages being some kind of naziisk death camps.

I have been inside over two dozen orphanages in Ukraine delivering humanitarian and other aid. I have never seen anything remotely akin to what Mowatt's maidan aritcle suggests. Now I am sure that I have not been to the worst of the worst orphanages, but what I *have* seen is that the vast majority of Ukrainians working in these places are very serious and conscientious to do their best with limited resources. They keep the buildings immaculately clean and organized. They do their best to care for these kids. That is what I have seen with my own two eyes. I have friends that have been inside over one hundred Ukrainian orphanges delivering aid and that is also what their collective experiences have been, and yes we never provide out right cash aid because yes it is known that *some* administrators might put it in their pocket........but.....

In the cases of severe retardation or deformity, yes it is a sad picture, but with limited resources it is never going to be an Alice in Wonderland scene........but to suggest that these orphanage workers are engaging in some type of Joseph Mengela death camp activity on a nation wide scale is outrageous and beyond the Pale.

Now, I have seen in some documetaries someseverly retarded kids in a few Russian orphanages kept in cages.....one of the U.S. news shows like 60 Minutes or 20/20 had a show about that a few years ago....so there seem to be a few pockets of really bad orphanaaes in Russia, but I have never seen nor heard of any such places in Ukraine, nor does the maidan web link article OR THE PHOTOS prove or reflect any such activity..............FWIW.

Now I agree with Scott and Kuna that this Mowatt fellow needs to take his political or whatever it is agenda somewhere else.............

Offline Jeff Mowatt

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 12:13:57 AM »
OK, coming back here having sorted out one or two issues because I thought we'd agreed that this wasn't appropriate to the forum.

I thank Gator and Dan for their civil contributions to the discussion. Some may not find what I relate either credible or palatable, but all the same I haven't misrepresented myself.

I have my own impressions about a lawyer making snide remarks here about me indulging in some form of substance abuse or indeed anyone representing themselves in business whose first instinct is to offer abuse to support their viewpoint.

This parting shot above, delivered in a patronising third person style obliges me to remind you, WmGo, that you're on a discussion forum, not a pulpit from which you may opine.

Was it not you, elsewhere, who said "I think this Mowatt guy is a lazy bum"? I may be wrong, but the style seems familiar.

It's the style of the moral coward. The creep that relishes the confrontation that he'd never have the courage to take a stand on personally, but will sneak in for a kick when he senses defeat. The "Ugly American" at his most unattractive.

I can see I won't be able to enlighten you. You'll insist that I wrote that article and that Maidan is my own site which doesn't say a lot for your power of comprehension What I will be able to do, homie, is teach you some manners.

I'll do it here, no charge and look forward to meeting you one day to deliver some real home truths.

Offline DKMM

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 12:30:39 AM »
I'm starting to see where the subtance abuse allegations came from.

Offline Jeff Mowatt

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »
Please say what you mean DKMM. Bring it on, rather than sniping as yet another anonymous critic.

The name is Jeff Mowatt, as ever, try addressing me, make your introduction....

A case of "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" perhaps?

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 05:59:40 AM »
So please tell us "The name is Jeff Mowatt" what is your purpose in coming back here?

Yes, yes! Please tell us Jeff Mowatt, what could it possibly be?

More investors needed?

More misinformation to impart?

More snippy posts to be made?

What do you have to offer here now that you have things worked out?

Inquiring minds want to know...
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline I/O

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 06:08:39 AM »
OK, coming back here having sorted out one or two issues because I thought we'd agreed that this wasn't appropriate to the forum.

Rather paradoxical statement.

I/O

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541277
Total Topics: 20859