It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukraine is losing the war  (Read 129350 times)

Offline Изумруд

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Ukraine is losing the war
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2015, 02:07:16 PM »
Some, on their own Accord, to save women and children from Your Savage friends, the nazis.

I take it you haven't checked Pavel Gubarev's background then? 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
I take it you haven't checked Pavel Gubarev's background then?

Oh, he is a "freedom fighter", saving the Russian world from 20 year old "savage" boys from Central/Western Ukraine.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2015, 02:46:58 PM »
So much propaganda, so little time, Bo. Had my wife read Your response. Asked her what she thinks. Bullshit, she replied. Now we're gonna watch a Movie  ;)

For new RWD members reading the Natural, keep in mind his wife is from Crimea, the part closest to Russia.   Do you think his position is possibly swayed by her allegiance to Russia and her living in the part of Ukraine annexed by Russia?   I understand the desire of Crimean Russians to become part of  Russia because the Russian economy did far better than the Ukrainian economy for the 20+ years of Ukraine's independence (ignoring the Russian puppets in charge, their mismanagement, particularly  the political graft).  However, I do not believe Crimea will fare well under Russia over the long term, and it could easily become Russia's oddchild as well as something akin to Turkish Cyprus. 

As far as predictions, I recall Natural talking a few years ago when he first joined RWD that the world is doomed.  Yes, the Natural has a gloomy outlook for the world.  He stated then that the world was soon headed for hyperinflation and to buy gold.  I hope he did not follow that path.  Also to be considered are Natural's untraconservative views....however, I stop now because RWD is inclusive and Natural's views are respected as well as appreciated for bringing us a different perspective.  One just needs to know how he came to that perspective.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »
I understand the desire of Crimean Russians to become part of  Russia
because the Russian economy did far better than the Ukrainian economy for the
20+ years of Ukraine's independence (ignoring the Russian puppets in charge,
their mismanagement, particularly  the political graft).

Not really.  Russia's economy was buoyed by oil and gas.  Everywhere else, it is as inefficient, and, apparently, graft-prone as is Ukraine.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2015, 03:23:20 PM »

Not really.  Russia's economy was buoyed by oil and gas.  Everywhere else, it is as inefficient, and, apparently, graft-prone as is Ukraine.

It does not matter what buoyed the Russian economy, to the Crimean all they observed is that over 20 years of Ukrainian independence is that the lifestyle of their friends in Russia improved remarkably. 

Your point about the graft and corruption is good, because when (not "if")  such is reduced in Ukraine, the Ukrainian economy will grow and diversify, and meanwhile Russia will be dependent upon its single-commodity economy.  The Russian people, always dependent upon what the few oligarchs at the top allow to trickle down, may see less because when times get difficult, corrupt fat cats tend to take a higher percentage of the smaller pie.

Offline The Natural

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2015, 04:29:55 PM »

As far as predictions, I recall Natural talking a few years ago when he first joined RWD that the world is doomed.  Yes, the Natural has a gloomy outlook for the world.  He stated then that the world was soon headed for hyperinflation and to buy gold.  I hope he did not follow that path.  Also to be considered are Natural's untraconservative views....however, I stop now because RWD is inclusive and Natural's views are respected as well as appreciated for bringing us a different perspective.  One just needs to know how he came to that perspective.

Haha, well, we are doomed, it's just a question of time. Do YOU think the world economy looks more or less brighter that when I said something like that? Speaking of my own country, Our most important Revenue, oil, has dropped more than 50% and Our currency has tanked.

Ahh, the gold. It is obvious that you are an American Gator. Gold right now is lower in price ONLY in dollar terms. Around 1300 vs at the top at 1900. But let me tell you, gold has never been more expensive in NOK terms, or rubles, or many other currencies except for the US dollar and Swiss francs. It's all a matter of perspective.

Gator, and you other indispensible AmCans, do you really believe hardships is something that only happens to the other guys? The "backwards" damn foreigners, the "Museum" Europe, those damn Moslems etc?

There's a thin line between deflation and inflation. I might still be right. Who knows? USA has inflated 3 times, then Japan and now Europe and talk is that the US will do QE 4 in the Autumn, because a rate increase will tank the economy. We will all see and in the meantime you can be as sarcastic as you like as far as my opinion's concerned. What will happen will happen and nobody knows exactly because it's left to human intervention. But if the US and NATO keeps it up we will all have very hard times in the near future. Maybe we will have a big war to take some attention away from the economic Armageddon just waiting to happen....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2015, 04:34:54 PM »
Haha, well, we are doomed, it's just a question of time. Do YOU think the world economy looks more or less brighter that when I said something like that? Speaking of my own country, Our most important Revenue, oil, has dropped more than 50% and Our currency has tanked.

Ahh, the gold. It is obvious that you are an American Gator. Gold right now is lower in price ONLY in dollar terms. Around 1300 vs at the top at 1900. But let me tell you, gold has never been more expensive in NOK terms, or rubles, or many other currencies except for the US dollar and Swiss francs. It's all a matter of perspective.

Gator, and you other indispensible AmCans, do you really believe hardships is something that only happens to the other guys? The "backwards" damn foreigners, the "Museum" Europe, those damn Moslems etc?

There's a thin line between deflation and inflation. I might still be right. Who knows? USA has inflated 3 times, then Japan and now Europe and talk is that the US will do QE 4 in the Autumn, because a rate increase will tank the economy. We will all see and in the meantime you can be as sarcastic as you like as far as my opinion's concerned. What will happen will happen and nobody knows exactly because it's left to human intervention. But if the US and NATO keeps it up we will all have very hard times in the near future. Maybe we will have a big war to take some attention away from the economic Armageddon just waiting to happen....
+398

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gator

« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2015, 05:41:28 AM »

Also to be considered are Natural's untraconservative views....

I misspelled ultraconservative.  Maybe untraconservative should be a new word to describe Natural because I believe  ultraconservatives would be appalled by the opinions expressed by Natural in other threads. 

....however, I stop now because RWD is inclusive and Natural's views are respected as well as appreciated for bringing us a different perspective.  One just needs to know how he came to that perspective.

I felt a need to edit this remark, yet I was unable to edit - I guess that option expired.  So after Natural later revealed a rather disturbing side, I would like to say:

"I stop now because RWD is inclusive and some of Natural's views are respected.... "

Not all was wasted.  The episode at least did answer the question raised in another thread, "Who are the real Nazis?"

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:47:48 AM by Gator »

Offline The Natural

« Reply #308 on: February 01, 2015, 03:00:42 AM »

"I stop now because RWD is inclusive and some of Natural's views are respected.... "

Not all was wasted.  The episode at least did answer the question raised in another thread, "Who are the real Nazis?"

Listen, you take a shot at me first. Attack, not the arguments, but make personal insults. Then I respond and get moderated, whereas the fine gentleman Gator continue, and increase the insults by calling me a nazi. No warning for him though. Same rules apply to everybody. Yeah, sure  ::)

Offline jone

« Reply #309 on: February 01, 2015, 08:53:34 AM »
While I am not a Moderator, Natural, I suggest that you were moderated for making racial epitaphs and swearing at members.  You suggested that people were substandard because of the color of their skin.  You did so repeatedly.

I don't believe Gator has done anything like that.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2015, 09:50:49 AM »
While I am not a Moderator, Natural, I suggest that you were moderated for making racial epitaphs and swearing at members.  You suggested that people were substandard because of the color of their skin.  You did so repeatedly.

I don't believe Gator has done anything like that.

http://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/epitaph-epithet/

Offline Anotherkiwi

Offline jone

« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2015, 11:10:22 AM »
What am I missing?  It is the common vernacular here where I live to use that phraseology. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline jone

« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2015, 11:11:13 AM »
What am I missing?  It is the common vernacular here where I live to use that phraseology.

Oh, I could never figure those two words.  Stupid me.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2015, 11:43:13 AM »

Don't feel bad it's an easy mistake to make.  Besides somewhat on topic most of us hope that they will be writing an epitaph for Putin's grave marker in the next few years.  I suggest "he bit off more than he could chew".

Offline Larry1

« Reply #315 on: February 01, 2015, 11:44:29 AM »

Well, then it would advisable to have someone else plan your burial arrangements. ;D  Otherwise, your gravestone might be, err, nontraditional.

Offline jone

« Reply #316 on: February 01, 2015, 11:53:12 AM »
Here lies Jone
With a bad head stone.

Offline Gator

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2015, 12:07:13 PM »
Ladies and gents, that noise that you hear is a thread being hijacked.  :P
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Gator

« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2015, 12:09:46 PM »
Just in time for you Muzh, let us return to the happy realm of disagreements, insults, unfounded positions:

Listen, you take a shot at me first. Attack, not the arguments, but make personal insults.

Let us first get something straight.  I consider you like most of us at RWD to be a character.  I appreciate the fact that you are unpretentious, read much, speak your mind, and add your own flavor of spice to the RWD discussions. 

To help me address your post, please identify specifically how I insulted you.   

Also, you wrote you responded, yet I do not see where you responded to my post (Reply No. 302).  The next day I saw you had written many posts in other threads, none of which were directed at me.  The moderators had deleted a number of these subsequent  posts and had placed you on "Moderated" status.  You know why you were moderated, and it had nothing to do with me. 

Gator.... increase the insults by calling me a nazi. No warning for him though. Same rules apply to everybody. Yeah, sure  ::)

That was a play on the title of a couple of active threads.  I withdraw that comment, and extend my apology. 

Uh...before we shake hands I have a question.  Your support for Putin seemingly is based on reasons far more than your wife's Crimean homeland.   I assume you identify with Putin's values and style (and we all know you look like Putin).   True?  I do see some parallels between Putin's near totalitarian rule and Hitler's totalitarianism with regard to cultural activities and nationalism.   If you disagree and believe Putinism is much different, I would like to read your explanation. 

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2015, 12:14:00 PM »
Just in time for you Muzh, let us return to the happy realm of disagreements, insults, unfounded positions:

Let us first get something straight.  I consider you like most of us at RWD to be a character.  I appreciate the fact that you are unpretentious, read much, speak your mind, and add your own flavor of spice to the RWD discussions. 

To help me address your post, please identify specifically how I insulted you.   

Also, you wrote you responded, yet I do not see where you responded to my post (Reply No. 302).  The next day I saw you had written many posts in other threads, none of which were directed at me.  The moderators had deleted a number of these subsequent  posts and had placed you on "Moderated" status.  You know why you were moderated, and it had nothing to do with me. 

That was a play on the title of a couple of active threads.  I withdraw that comment, and extend my apology. 

Uh...before we shake hands I have a question.  Your support for Putin seemingly is based on reasons far more than your wife's Crimean homeland.   I assume you identify with Putin's values and style (and we all know you look like Putin).   True?  I do see some parallels between Putin's near totalitarian rule and Hitler's totalitarianism with regard to cultural activities and nationalism.   If you disagree and believe Putinism is much different, I would like to read your explanation.

This is a good point.  Most of the World has been making comparisons between Hitler and Putin.  However regardless of the Russian propaganda nobody has been making comparisons between Poroshenko and Hitler.  The pro-Putin bunch should do a bit of soul searching and ask themselves why.

Offline Steamer

« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2015, 02:24:01 PM »
However regardless of the Russian propaganda nobody has been making comparisons between Poroshenko and Hitler.  The pro-Putin bunch should do a bit of soul searching and ask themselves why.

Because Putin runs a nation and Poroshenko runs a candy shop.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Boethius

« Reply #322 on: February 01, 2015, 03:21:10 PM »

Because Putin runs a nation and Poroshenko runs a candy shop.

Putin and his cronies run a second rate oligarchy, rather than a nation.

Offline Steamer

« Reply #323 on: February 01, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »
Second rate still trumps third rate candy store.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Boethius

« Reply #324 on: February 01, 2015, 03:51:49 PM »
Russia is no different than Ukraine.  They're both basket cases, have been for over a century, and it won't change any time soon.  The only difference is, Russia still has nukes.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1968
Total: 1978

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM