It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: California May Ban Schools From Suspending Students For ‘Willful Defiance’  (Read 14189 times)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The California State Senate voted to ban schools and principals from suspending students for “willful defiance” of teachers, staff, and administrators.The Senate approved SB 419 Monday by a vote of 30-8. It moves to the Assembly next.A similar bill was vetoed by Governor Jerry Brown last legislative session.Under the new version (Senate Bill 419), students in grades 4-8 wouldn’t be suspended for disrupting school activities or willfully defying school authorities, including teachers and staff. The bill would also ban schools from suspending students in grades 9-12 for the same thing until January 1, 2025. The law would apply to both public and charter schools.
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/04/23/willful-defiance-bill-senate/

Teacher: Tyrone, what is the answer to the question?
Tyrone: FkYoMama
Teacher: Now- Now...Let's be nice.
Tyrone: FkU2
If they did this in Texas, teachers would be quitting left and right.

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
have you been in a Texas public school recently?
I have 2 children in one
the difference is that in Texas this policy is just not codified
but the results are the same
there is essentially zero discipline
if my daughters weren't in "Advanced Placement" with other "normal children" I would have to put them in a private school for their own physical safety
soon as they're out of high school - my oldest graduates next month - we're outta this state!!!
See ya!  wouldn't wanna be ya!!!
wonder what this society will be like in 20 yr???  will people then look back to this as "the good 'ole days"
the problem is our public institutions are failing because our society is failing
the public institution of last resort is prison

I'm doing everything in my power to advance AI so that the machines can take over...

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:58:03 PM by krimster2 »

Offline tfcrew

... as soon as they're out of high school...we're outta this state!!!
we're out of this state
Said people who have moved here from California. So what's left..the sunny coast of Nebraska?
But then if the kids are out of school, why bother moving? The same problem is everywhere.

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Online krimster2

• He/Him
everywhere to differing degrees
and the symptoms of America's deep sickness show up in more places than just the schools
I'm AMERICAN and have lived in many different parts of AMERICA...
some parts ARE better than others
ever been to Mississippi? (not the "bestest" state)
In the US, I'm partial to Pacific North West, Oregon, Washington or North East Maine, Vermont, I also like Colorado Springs
both my daughters intend to exit the USA after college, so we may join them...
trivial for me to exert my "birth right" and apply for UK residency (what a bargain the residency application just for me only costs $450!!! I pay half that for 3 yr Russian Visa)
looking into that this summer to see how my wife fits into that equation and how long before we'd be eligible for NHS
real estate in the areas of the UK where my family lives is quite reasonable
if I can get everyone there to see the merits of driving on the right
it will make it much easier for me and others to assimilate
but noooooo, too many of the "stick with tradition" types...

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:55:03 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Trips: > 10
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/04/23/willful-defiance-bill-senate/

Teacher: Tyrone, what is the answer to the question?
Tyrone: FkYoMama
Teacher: Now- Now...Let's be nice.
Tyrone: FkU2
If they did this in Texas, teachers would be quitting left and right.

This world is goind in flames,For example, already a decade ago in France, it had been voted a law who prevented prison guards to search the prisoners.  :cluebat:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:32:02 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
it seems to me that the most likely solution for western society's existentialist problems will be WW III
I think it will happen after some "tipping point"  which is several decades away

Offline tfcrew

it seems to me that the most likely solution for western society's existentialist problems will be WW III
I think it will happen after some "tipping point"  which is several decades away
which is probably more like about one decade away
Sorry, felt like fixing it again.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Children here don't get suspended for "wilful defiance".  If one thinks about it, if a child is at that point, a suspension is nothing more than a mini holiday, and most of those children are not coming from homes where the parent will care about the defiance. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Children here don't get suspended for "wilful defiance".  If one thinks about it, if a child is at that point, a suspension is nothing more than a mini holiday, and most of those children are not coming from homes where the parent will care about the defiance. 

You try different things with different kids. The kids who view suspensions
as holidays get detention and Saturday school, but you let the local teachers
principals and school districts make those decisions, you don't mandate it from
the state.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:21:24 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

I disagree.  States (and provinces here) set teacher salaries, overall education budgets, curricula, legislate days of schooling, strike rights, and discipline policies (no corporal punishment, for example).  This is just an extension of that.  There should be consistency across schools, and that can only occur if it is legislated.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• He/Him
there may be an actual reason why this is happening now
and if so, could be a HOT political issue
I think the reason is a federal dept of Education mandate that told schools to reduce the rate of suspensions because they were racially unequal
the school I presume would receive some kind of "sanction" if it suspended too many of a specific racial category
so since schools were essentially told to "stop doing it"
so no big surprise, they stopped doing it!

this is my take on it, from the little I read, check it out yourself on google
this is totally what I see in my children's school, what from the perspective of "my generation" would be a COMPLETE and TOTAL breakdown of classroom discipline
I hate to tell you guys the really, really, bad news, so ya better sit down, OK???
the only thing that's going to "straighten out" the young, will be the military...
and that might even include killin a few million of 'em

ya feel me?
so where does this thought lead to next?
it sure as hell won't be McDonald's now will it?
but if it is, could I get a quarter pounder with cheese and some frys?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:25:46 PM by krimster2 »

Offline BC

we're out of this state
Said people who have moved here from California. So what's left..the sunny coast of Nebraska?
But then if the kids are out of school, why bother moving? The same problem is everywhere.

Define 'everywhere'......

The number of US expats overseas is growing.
The number of US students overseas is growing with over half studying in Europe.
New enrollments of foreign students in the US is trending downward.
Outbound medical tourism has more than doubled in the last 10 years with the number of US accredited hospitals overseas growing at a 20% per year rate.

Some will call all this insignificant, others call it a clue bat.

Offline fathertime

we're out of this state

This is a US problem.  We may think we are 'exceptional' and other countries should follow our example.  Reality is far different.  So if we can't even properly educate/disciplinary our own youth, what are we doing being belligerent around the globe?  Maybe the children are imitating the adults in charge.  Not much of a difference  ;D

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
There should be consistency across schools, and that can only occur if it is legislated.

There would be mediocrity among schools, and that can only occur with your view.
Local control not state control is the solution.
FSUW don't do vague

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
..Outbound medical tourism has more than doubled in the last 10 years with the number of US accredited hospitals overseas growing at a 20% per year rate....

LMAO! And you were one of the most rabid fan of Obamacare on this board, eh? Now that you can plainly see the stupidity of that silly law., you somehow deflect the blame to something else other than people like yourself. Funny that.

Some will call all this insignificant, others call it a clue bat.

Define 'others'. Macron? Trudeau? maybe Merkel?

Quote from: 2Tallbill
There would be mediocrity among schools, and that can only occur with your view.
Local control not state control is the solution.

Exactly. The evil of having the federal government run the dept of education. Just like USPS. It is so screwed up we gave rise to the term to denote the actions of its emplyees - 'going postal'.

But have no fear, this is California after all. It's perfectly fine to have California kids grow up in the manner they are today. These idiotic liberals will most assuredly reap what they sow.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 11:56:31 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

You try different things with different kids. The kids who view suspensions
as holidays get detention and Saturday school, but you let the local teachers
principals and school districts make those decisions, you don't mandate it from
the state.

Other countries manage to do so, and they largely have better academic outcomes than does the US.

Offline BC

LMAO! And you were one of the most rabid fan of Obamacare on this board, eh? Now that you can plainly see the stupidity of that silly law., you somehow deflect the blame to something else other than people like yourself. Funny that.

Define 'others'. Macron? Trudeau? maybe Merkel?

Although medical tourism is mostly for dental, cosmetic and elective surgery, it shows other medical systems are far less costly. Accreditation levels the playing field.  Every effort being made to limit and kill Obamacare will push more and more non urgent care overseas.  The cost of a ticket is miniscule in comparison.

Remember Obamacare was a beginning and not an end.  Any cost efficient healthcare system will require that most folks are covered and paying into the program.  Lobbyists are fighting tooth and nail to prevent such.  Why should US folks simply wanting to get well be forced into bankruptcy?  Nary a problem here and most other places where healthcare is universal.

Impossible to define others, there are too many - even here on board.  You don't recognize when you get a bill or pay your insurance premium or even taxes that a good portion is paying for uninsured folks anyway?  That prescription prices are much higher than elsewhere?  That interest you pay on any loans whether card, house or car includes paying for losses due to bankruptcies?

You're getting screwed in so many ways you can't even recognize it.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
Quote from: BC

Although medical tourism is mostly for dental, cosmetic and elective surgery, it shows other medical systems are far less costly. Accreditation levels the playing field.  Every effort being made to limit and kill Obamacare will push more and more non urgent care overseas.  The cost of a ticket is miniscule in comparison.

Remember Obamacare was a beginning and not an end.  Any cost efficient healthcare system will require that most folks are covered and paying into the program.  Lobbyists are fighting tooth and nail to prevent such.  Why should US folks simply wanting to get well be forced into bankruptcy?  Nary a problem here and most other places where healthcare is universal.

Impossible to define others, there are too many - even here on board.  You don't recognize when you get a bill or pay your insurance premium or even taxes that a good portion is paying for uninsured folks anyway?  That prescription prices are much higher than elsewhere?  That interest you pay on any loans whether card, house or car includes paying for losses due to bankruptcies?

The mythical fairy tale driven by the Obama administration regarding the dossier/Russian collusion/obstruction of justice is over BC. You need to stop spreading basura guy. With the media we have, we really don't think our country need additional heap coming from someone who doesn't live here, no? Goodness, I wonder what life will be like for folks like you who doesn't live here had we not have internet these days. The only question left is, what shiny object you guys are going to grab unto next to continue these mindless antics? Subpoena Trump to see if he really have huge hands? Your decades-old 'America is Doomed' suit is out-of-date, bro.

People filing BK due to medical care is at BEST, a miniscule number of Americans previously indifferent about what may happen to them prior to their condition. Heck, our state governor would like to introduce a law to provide health coverage for illegal immigrants. Chew on the puppy a while and see if our state regarding our health care program is in as dire state as you think it is. LMAO.

The facts of Obamacare are:
 a) A subsidized sum of $700,000,000,000.00 was gone the first 3 years of Obamacare. POOF! Almost a trillion dollars gone in less than 900 days. That's a mighty handsome payback for those greek columns, man. Obama definitely made a lot of people 'happy', eh?
b) People in Medicaid today (free healthcare) is the same number of people on Medicaid PRIOR to Obamacre.
c) 29 million Americans are still uninsured as of 2018. Pretty much the same number your heroes tossed around prior to this silly law, eh.

Don't lose sleep over that, too without looking deeply into what that number really represent.

Almost 60% of American carry employer-provided healthcare. That's from a labor force that is roughly 70% of the population. Add in families of this 'insured' American, you sort of get a good idea that the vast majority of American have insurance, no? After all, I'm willing to bet a responsible working Dad or Mom would more than likely make sure their kid/s are covered, too - yes? That’s only on the civilian sector. Adding government-employed force (federal, state and local), which as you know provides top notched health coverages, you begin to get the drift.

Is healthcare expensive in the US? Hell yes!! Deservedly so. We have the best medical care in the world after all. Both the companies my wife and I work for have great healthcare program (PPO). Thus, only one coverage program covers our family. The other provides us a nice 'financial compensation' for opting out of coverage. So in essence, when balanced out, we don't pay any premiums for our covergae, period. $400.00 annual deductible with $10.00/visit co-pay, plus 5% co-pay with a $200,000.00 ceiling. Mighty thanks to Trump, prescription drugs are for the most part non-existent these days. Literally, at worst, our financial exposure is less than $11,000.00/catastrophic event. BK? LMAO! We have that amount in a piggy bank.

Quote from: BC

No BC, we're doing OK so far despite the actions of the obstructionist libs. We have no reason to don yellow vests yet like they do in some paradise from a galaxy far, far away. We're fine and happy where we are that I wish everyone else elsewhere is doing just as well. After all, if YOU and/or I are really happy people, YOU or I have no need to tell others their sad fate, no? ;)

It's just like those idiots who declared leaving the US if Trump became POTUS. Yup, guess what? They're still here.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 09:56:11 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Remember Obamacare was a beginning and not an end.  Any cost efficient
healthcare system will require that most folks are covered and paying into
the program.

Obamacare was making people that had health care pay for those
who didn't, unless you were politically reliable and gave sufficient
money to the party then you were allowed an exception.

It's typical Democratic corruption, getting payola from those who
had something and protection for those who paid into the DNC
coffers. It was all sold as a lie, saying it will cost less and that
he wouldn't rip off people who were already covered.

Exactly

FSUW don't do vague

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
I disagree.  States (and provinces here) set teacher salaries, overall education budgets, curricula, legislate days of schooling, strike rights, and discipline policies (no corporal punishment, for example).  This is just an extension of that.  There should be consistency across schools, and that can only occur if it is legislated.

Sounds like the Soviet economic system, they set the production and labor goals,
this is just an extension of that.  There should be consistency across the economy,
and that can only occur if it is legislated.

FSUW don't do vague

Online krimster2

• He/Him
Have you guys seen that blog that has a Filipino kid whose mom left his dad
and married some drunken high-school drop-out in the US Navy and she moves to California with him and then she files Form I-130, Petition for "Alien Relative", for her son to come to the USA??
y'know the one I'm talkin' about?

it is the funniest damned blog I have EVER READ!!!  WORD!!!
particularly, in it’s rich use of irony...
hysterically fockin' funny!!!!
OMG!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 10:33:15 AM by krimster2 »

Offline tfcrew

What else is happening in these California schools? This is really alarming.....
http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/education/item/32087-pedophilia-being-taught-as-sexual-orientation-in-california-schools
And as as a sideline...What is up with this Canadian dollar?----
 http://www.infowars.com/new-one-dollar-canadian-coin-features-two-men-kissing/

Online krimster2

• He/Him
I plan on purchasing human eggs from 10 individually screened high genetic potential Ukrainian women and having them sent to an in-vitro clinic in California, surrogates can be latino women in the USA with minimal paperwork needed for obtaining sole legal custody at birth...

they will be my future army of trained Ninja assassins
the two that I have trained so far have yielded much useful information for the next group
I shall lead an army of avenging children...
cry "havoc" and let slip the dogs of war...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:16:01 PM by krimster2 »

Offline mhr7

The Canadian dollar infowars is shi**ing themselves over is simply commemorative, it won't be used in general circulation. TFC you can buy yours here -

http://www.mint.ca/store/buy/new-releases_coins-cat410002
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline tfcrew

Outbound medical tourism has more than doubled in the last 10 years with the number of US accredited hospitals overseas growing at a 20% per year rate. Some will call all this insignificant, others call it a clue bat.
There's lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Mark Twain

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541440
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1928
Total: 1937

+-Recent Posts

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Today at 08:06:48 AM

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Today at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Yesterday at 02:16:29 PM