It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Agency Questions  (Read 3017 times)

Offline treadmilldude

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Agency Questions
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:06:03 PM »
    I said it in previous post and will repeat it-- the red highlighted part is VERY STUPID "ADVICE"
A guy getting involved in any dealing like this with an agency is a very dumb thing to do . What you show BB here is how ignorant you really are -- your comment is as dumb as it gets. What is worse-- you seek to dispute what I said in the most naive way. You are clearly clueless as to why I am so emphatic --yet you still want to attempt to criticise me over it.

Do you have any idea who may well "own" an Odessa agency? Who may take exception to some guy attempting to interfere in their business?  That is just one part--then the girl--who lives there-- has to deal with whatever -- and long after a guy has left . It goes on & on .
      The stupidity of your push to remove a profile at a premature stage  is also nonsensical in general.

Then you really do channel TC idiocy --you know nothing about my background and history ( regardless of how many backposts you "research"-you will only ever see snippets) . You react to being told you are sprouting bull shit -- which is exactly what you advice is-- and your comments directed at me .Your comments are just as negative  ignorant as  TC's.

Apologies to OP for diversion -- but-- BB's comments aimed at OP are also mostly bullshit. BB is stuck on HIS pre-conceived concept that  an AD girl connected to an agency can't be genuine. I posted earlier in the thread on this precise point  -- and virtually everything in the OP's interaction supports my comments .

I said it in previous post and will repeat it-- the red highlighted part is VERY STUPID "ADVICE"
A guy getting involved in any dealing like this with an agency is a very dumb thing to do . What you show BB here is how ignorant you really are -- your comment is as dumb as it gets. What is worse-- you seek to dispute what I said in the most naive way. You are clearly clueless as to why I am so emphatic --yet you still want to attempt to criticise me over it.

Do you have any idea who may well "own" an Odessa agency? Who may take exception to some guy attempting to interfere in their business?  That is just one part--then the girl--who lives there-- has to deal with whatever -- and long after a guy has left . It goes on & on .
      The stupidity of your push to remove a profile at a premature stage  is also nonsensical in general.

Then you really do channel TC idiocy --you know nothing about my background and history ( regardless of how many backposts you "research"-you will only ever see snippets) . You react to being told you are sprouting bull shit -- which is exactly what you advice is-- and your comments directed at me .Your comments are just as negative  ignorant as  TC's.

Apologies to OP for diversion -- but-- BB's comments aimed at OP are also mostly bullshit. BB is stuck on HIS pre-conceived concept that  an AD girl connected to an agency can't be genuine. I posted earlier in the thread on this precise point  -- and virtually everything in the OP's interaction supports my comments .

Jayh, I am asking you this Q as there really is no better authority on Ukrainian matters than you and Boe. Of course, I have read tons over the last 4 years of my search about La Cosa Nostra running the Southern Ukrainian Port cities of Nikolaev and Odessa, just another reason (out of about 10 million) I will never pursue a girl in Kherson, Nikolaev, or Odessa (reason #1 is I spent the first 2 1/2 years of my search racking up over $8,200 in debt to Adate, using ADate. Almost 90% of the girls I contacted on ADate were from Odessa or Nikolaev (a few here and there were from  Kherson, but not that many from Kherson. I knew Kherson was so desperately poor, that I tried to steer clear of Kherson as
 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine#/media/File:Ukraine_salary_by_region_2016.svg

I just felt too sorry and too ashamed to even bother the women in Kherson as I knew, due to the crushing poverty and unemployment in Kherson Oblast, the girls in Kherson would view me with complete contempt, hatred and disgust if I ventured there in search of establishing a loving, caring Marriage with a sweet Kherson girl genuinely wanting to marry a Western Man and leave Ukraine for a better life). The women in Kherson, from everything I have read, are so incredibly, unbelievably poor, that as a man from the West, I just did not think it was a good idea for me to be looking at women that were so poor that they would do literally anything, even prostitution probably, to get out of their financial quagmire there in Kherson. I thought I would find less than genuine girls in Kherson, and basically only girls that would certainly marry me in a heartbeat, but they would never love me, and once they moved with me to the US, they would continue to never love me, but instead only be marrying me to get out of their dire financial straits. When these Kherson women were faced with the prospects of starvation or extreme hunger by remaining in Kherson....vs marrying a Western Man (Me) they probably hated vehemently and despised because he was infinitely more wealthy than they were....they would swallow their pride, undoubtedly be willing to marry a man (me) they actually truly hated simply to get out of the nightmare that is Kherson and marry an American Man with a nice home, nice car, well-educated, good salary and I could take care of them and provide a very nice, comfortable life for them. And who knows, maybe even after 10 years of marriage to me, perhaps these Kherson women could even learn to love me just a "tiny bit" instead of only calling me their Green Card Mule and hating me, their husband. As AndrewFi told me through many PM's over on RU, there comes a point where a FSU woman is so desperately poor, that "Trust me, you don't want her"....pretty positive AndrewFi was referring to the girl being involved in prostitution for sheer survival.

Where was I? Damn, I was rambling on and on and I dunno what point I was trying to even make? Let me regroup and see what point I was trying to make??

Oh yeah, JayH, obviously Ukraine is under immense pressure from the IMF and EU to get rid of the corruption in the government....and along these lines, isn't having the Ukrainian Mafia in the south Port Cities of Odessa and Nikolaev brandish so much authority and power, and having such a huge hand in the cookie jar of the "grey Economy" of Odessa and Nikolaev....isn't this exactly what the IMF and EU do NOT want and are demanding Ukraine to get rid of??  Isn't having these local Ukr. Mafias who essentially "run" these individual small local feeder agencies, for ADate and the like, in Odessa and Nikolaev doing great damage to the future dreams and aspirations of the Good, Honest Ukrainians who actually do want to clean up the many years of endemic sleaze, graft and corruption in their country's political system so that they may one day join the EU as well as receive the much needed billions of $$ US in financial aid from the IMF??

If so, then why doesn't the Kiev government come into these shitstains, Odessa and Nikolaev, and with force, power, the law on their side and fully automatic weapons, completely eradicate the Mafia from these 2 towns??

I completely believe you JayH when you talk about how OP's girl's life would be in danger from La Cosa Nostra if he demanded the local feeder agency remove her pics and profile from their database of girls. So why isn't something done by the Ukrainian gvnt. to eradicate La Cosa Nostra fron these regions of Ukraine? I'll go out on a limb and take a wild guess and say some of the ultra-corrupt oligarchs in these regions receive kickbacks from the Mafia in these regions, so the oligarchs (who really run the show in Ukraine) truly do not want to see the Mafia run out of town?? This is just a guess on my end, no idea if it is a good guess or a bad guess??

Thanks in advance JayH, I appreciate you answering my question. Boethius, if you want to chip in here too, please do. You know just as much as JayH Boe.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:52:32 AM by treadmilldude »

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Agency Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 07:34:53 PM »
I spent the first 2 1/2 years of my search racking up over $8,200 in debt to Adate, using ADate

Is that true?
Debt --  like gambling --this is not something you should be using debt funding for!
The amount-- you got off lightly --plenty of guys have spent multiples of that on sites like AD and similar.Spending &60-$70 a week is chicken feed compared to some.That equals not much cam time at all.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline treadmilldude

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Agency Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 02:42:35 AM »
Jay, I used the wrong word when I said "Debt". I should have said I racked up $8200 in "Fees" to ADate. I have many, many multiples of $8200 in the bank and 401K's...I did not touch any of my savings when I spent the approximately $8200 in ADate fees several years ago. I am not a guy who believes in going into debt, I listen to Dave Ramsey on the radio frequently, and Mr. Ramsey is a brilliant man - I take his word as Gospel.....erase any and all debt you have as quickly as possible as that is a black cloud that will hover over you and eat you alive eventually.

No, I have a good salary and I used my income to pay for the ADate fees.

Manny (He is a VERY good guy) told me a long time ago through PM that searching for a FSU Wife is not an endeavor that a Western Man with a salary of less than $85K / year should ever embark on. Landing a FSU Wife is darn expensive, according to Mr. Manny, and he went on to itemize all the expenses I would face from the the very beginning of my search....to the very end of my search when the marriage and honeymoon were complete, Marriage Visa obtained and the FSU Woman I would marry was finally in the US with me as my Wife. Manny was very thorough and he pretty much listed every expense I would have. It makes total sense that there is no way that any man with a salary of less than $85K/year should ever embark on this endeavor, and if I actually did make less than $85K, trust me Jay, there is no way I would ever pursue this avenue of marriage.

Anyways, I just think about your post, about how the Mafia in Odessa and Nikolaev might come after the OP if he demanded his girl be removed from their local feeder agency database. And I am thinking to myself, with all of the financial mess Ukraine is in, wouldn't it make a lot of sense for Kiev to come after the Mafia in Odessa and Nikolaev and get rid of them, perhaps impressing the powers that hold the purse strings in the EU and IMF?

Thanks JayH. Thank you Jay for all of your great help, wisdom and knowledge. You and Boethius have a good Sunday! Boethius, as always, thank you for everything you do here at RWD. I as well as everyone else on RWD greatly appreciate all that you do for us here on RWD, Boe!!

My prayers and well-wishes go out to those in the Houston area (my Uncle and his Family is among those) and Florida / East Coast.

Offline Yogomonoyanaka

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 08:25:36 PM »
From this information, we will be the agency that is involved.

Offline msmob

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 12:48:05 AM »
The 'very' good guy never wasted money on pay per letter agencies ...

A fool and his money are soon parted

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 12:59:46 AM »
TMD,  you may be able to afford the $8,200K but you're just fueling the problem with rogues getting involved in the FSW dating scene as are all the others that use ppl sites. The more money they get the more of a problem they become and the more scamming will spread as a general ploy to use on foreigners, it will be seen as easy money to scam a foreigner and I think there is enough of a problem with that already. That and you're wasting time that you could be spending on more sincere girls - or on a girl rather than hairy Boris.

I don't see you need $85K a year to make this venture work, costs will likely be higher from the US than UK because of air fare and you pay for stuff privately that we Brits pay through tax to receive. Bounder (Canadian) is out there at the moment in Russia and has been since early part of this year. He has told us that he has no real assets, no independent income, just savings a lot of which he used to get out to Moscow and set himself up as an English Language teacher. He has told us previously that there was a lady that he seemed to be getting on well with, I suspect that may have fizzled out now since her has said no more on that one but none the less he is getting on with the task with little in the way of financial resources.

I would not suggest that as an easy path for people to follow, I would not undertake that without an independent source of income plus decent savings. I would suggest while this is not a poor man's endeavour you could do it on a lot less than $85k a month. Its not so much about being able to throw money at the problem but more about how you go about the problem as I see it. I have misstepped a couple of times in this endeavour but I feel I am making progress and am with the help of this forum understanding the situation I am facing as a whole better. In fact while you need some wealth to make this process work showing any sort of wealth from the money you have, earn or where you live seems to be very detrimental to a guys efforts made in this venture as I see it. If you say in any way directly or indirectly to a FSW - 'hey do you want to be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams' you will never know if she is truely into you into way down the road when it may be too late. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jumper

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 10:22:50 AM »
Kherson is not significantly different than most other oblast or provincial cities.

I've been to ukraine since 99.
Things have changed,yet stayed the same.
The people are accustomed to their way of life
and there is not a huge difference in a foreign mans
search now than then other than ease of communication.

Sorry I hear all these changes ,  but in the big picture of boy meets girl,  I see very few.

On the topic of salary,  there are way too many variables to set some number .Disposal income is likely the best measure,but even that is flawed.

Most of you are meeting adult women, established in their life there.Hopefully you are financially responsible adult as well. Typically if those bare conditions are met, finances arnt an issue.

I've made a good salary, and I've made zero. It never effected any romantic interests anywhere I lived or dated.

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 02:46:02 PM »
TMD,  you may be able to afford the $8,200K but you're just fueling the problem with rogues getting involved in the FSW dating scene as are all the others that use ppl sites. The more money they get the more of a problem they become and the more scamming will spread as a general ploy to use on foreigners, it will be seen as easy money to scam a foreigner and I think there is enough of a problem with that already. That and you're wasting time that you could be spending on more sincere girls - or on a girl rather than hairy Boris.

I don't see you need $85K a year to make this venture work, costs will likely be higher from the US than UK because of air fare and you pay for stuff privately that we Brits pay through tax to receive. Bounder (Canadian) is out there at the moment in Russia and has been since early part of this year. He has told us that he has no real assets, no independent income, just savings a lot of which he used to get out to Moscow and set himself up as an English Language teacher. He has told us previously that there was a lady that he seemed to be getting on well with, I suspect that may have fizzled out now since her has said no more on that one but none the less he is getting on with the task with little in the way of financial resources.

I would not suggest that as an easy path for people to follow, I would not undertake that without an independent source of income plus decent savings. I would suggest while this is not a poor man's endeavour you could do it on a lot less than $85k a month. Its not so much about being able to throw money at the problem but more about how you go about the problem as I see it. I have misstepped a couple of times in this endeavour but I feel I am making progress and am with the help of this forum understanding the situation I am facing as a whole better. In fact while you need some wealth to make this process work showing any sort of wealth from the money you have, earn or where you live seems to be very detrimental to a guys efforts made in this venture as I see it. If you say in any way directly or indirectly to a FSW - 'hey do you want to be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams' you will never know if she is truely into you into way down the road when it may be too late.

Trench

I DO wish you'd stop hypothesising - and making an ass of yourself - about folks private lives ..

I have met Bounder - personally - and so has at least one other contributor to this forum...

It is HIS business whether he chooses to post about his life - but I can say that you are just plain WRONG ..in your assumptions and he may - or may not choose to respond..

Most posters probably have you on ignore and that is were you would be - with me - but I fear a passing newbie might think you know what you are talking about and grant your 'assumptions' some credence....

You told us you had given up on the FSU W search and would be seeking out non too local UK ladies... 

There's plenty of Polish lasses ( who have been proven to have more similarity ( genes-wise) to their UA / RU neighbours than they might wish  ) in the UK - for now ....   But then I'm guessing you were the 'vote leave Europe' type - so you've even got THAT wrong, too !

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541379
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1400
Most Online Ever: 12701