It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Inside the head of a 32 YO Pretty (an 8) Kiev Girl frustrated with Mamba Men.  (Read 11735 times)

Offline treadmilldude

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
I am just copying and pasting her Mamba Profile Intro of herself. Wow, it sounds like the Men she deals with regularly on Mamba are very Low-Quality Men!!  :(

This is what she actually wrote in Russian:
Абсолютное большинство мужиков в своих блогах, в комментариях на форумах, пишут, что женщинам нужны деньги, что они – меркантильны и расчетливы…
Только вот, скажу я вам, мужчины, по опыту своему и своих подружек:
эти же 80% на свидание не принесут девушке цветов, не сводят её не то чтобы в ресторан, а даже в дешёвое кафе.Моя маникюрша, рассказывала, как один интернетовский знакомый пригласил её на свидание. Анечка была с работы:в юбке, на каблуках,
в капроновых колготках.
Была осень. Вы думаете, он предложил ей хоть посидеть в кафе? Нет! Он 4 часа водил ее по холоду на шпильках по парку.К концу свидания она была промерзшая насквозь, как сосулька.Четыре часа распускал перед ней хвост, какой он на самом деле классный и как ему нужны высокие отношения! О чем вы, мужики, говорите, если многие из вас желание девушки выпить чашку кофе за 50 грн уже считают меркантильностью?
И абсолютное большинство мужчин, приходя к девушке в гости, будут, в лучшем случае, с 1 розой! Мало кто подумает о том, что она себе голову сломала над тем, что приготовить на ужин.
А ну-ка расскажите мне, кто из вас хочет видеть рядом с собой неухоженную девку с отросшими корнями, шелушащейся кожей, облезлыми ногтями, в дешевых китайских джинсах и хэбэшных трусах?!
Так нет же, вы желаете хорошеньких, красиво одетых феечек. При том, что абсолютное большинство из вас выглядят довольно стремно и неухоженно!
Вы считаете, что женщины ничего не вкладывают. А вы хоть понимаете, сколько стоит женщине быть красивой?!
Задумывались о том, сколько стоит нормальное нижнее белье? Я даже не заикаюсь о шикарном, просто красивое! Вы когда-нибудь смотрели цены на косметику? Сколько стоит приличная тушь, пудра, флакон духов?Помада? Украшения? Вы орете о том, что женщины меркантильны, но ни одному не пришло в голову, что они уже вложили в свою красоту столько, что вам и не снилось!
Поинтересуйтесь, сколько стоит в салоне покрасить волосы? Вы обалдеете. А маникюр? Педикюр? Косметолог? Вы знаете, сколько стоит хороший крем, от которого кожа такая гладкая? А шампунь, от которого волосы блестят?
И НЕ ГОВОРИТЕ, ЧТО ВАМ НЕ ВАЖНО, КАК ОНА ВЫГЛЯДИТ – ЭТО ЧУШЬ СОБАЧЬЯ!
Так вот, с чего вдруг, она, вложившая в себя столько денег и сил, должна дарить себя какому-то неудачнику?А многие из вас способны прокормить семью? Чтобы она могла спокойно жить дома, вынашивая ВАШЕГО ребенка, и не помереть с голоду?
Нет, это не меркантильность! Это нормальный инстинкт – оценивать мужчину по его возможностям. В конце концов, основная функция мужчины – добывать и уметь защитить, быть сильным.Вы предлагаете с@кс без обязательств и, якобы, удовольствие? Очнитесь, мальчики! Вы-то кончаете практически всегда, а женщина – нет! Потому что вообще женщине сложно получить удовольствие с малознакомым мужчиной. Мы так устроены. Вы все считаете себя хорошими любовниками и думаете, что вас должны разбирать всех, включая убогих, страшных, безденежных, а главное, понятия не имеющих, что такое хоть чуть-чуть ухаживать?
А вы это заслуживаете?

This is Google Translate's interpretation of her statement:
The vast majority of men in their blogs, in the comments on the forums, write that women need money, that they are mercantile and prudent ...
Only here, I tell you, men, from their experience and their girlfriends:
the same 80% on a date will not bring a flower girl, do not reduce her not to a restaurant, but even to a cheap cafe. My manicurist, told how an Internet friend invited her to a date. Anechka was from work: in a skirt, on heels,
in kapron pantyhose.
It was autumn. Do you think he asked her to at least sit in a cafe? No! He drove her for 4 hours in the cold on stilettos in the park. By the end of the meeting she was frozen through, like an icicle. For four hours, she spread out her tail, which is really cool and how he needs high relations! What are you talking about, guys, if many of you want to drink a cup of coffee for 50 UAH already consider mercantile?
And the absolute majority of men, coming to the girl on a visit, will, at best, with 1 rose! Few will think that she broke her head over what to cook for dinner.
Well, tell me, who among you wants to see next to a well-groomed girl with overgrown roots, flaking skin, shabby nails, cheap Chinese jeans and chebesh cowards ?!
So no, you want pretty, beautifully dressed fairies. With the fact that the vast majority of you look pretty dumb and nerdy!
You think that women do not invest anything. Do you even understand how much a woman should be beautiful?
Thinking about how much is a normal underwear? I do not even stutter about chic, just beautiful! Have you ever looked at the prices of cosmetics? How much does a decent mascara, powder, perfume bottle? Lipstick? Ornaments? You say that women are mercantile, but it never occurred to anyone that they have already invested so much in their beauty that you never dreamed!
Ask how much it costs to dye your hair in the salon? You will be stunned. A manicure? Pedicure? Cosmetologist? Do you know how much a good cream costs, from which the skin is so smooth? A shampoo, from which the hair shine?
AND DO NOT SPEAK WHAT YOU DO NOT IMPORTANT, AS IT LOOKS - THIS IS THE DOG OF THE DOG!
So, why, suddenly, she, who invested so much money and energy, should give herself to some loser, and how many of you are able to support the family? That she could live at home peacefully, carrying YOUR child, and not die of hunger?
No, this is not mercantile! It is a normal instinct to evaluate a man according to his abilities. In the end, the main function of men - to extract and be able to protect, be strong. Do you offer with @ ks without obligations and, supposedly, pleasure? Wake up, boys! You almost always end, but the woman does not! Because in general it is difficult for a woman to have fun with an unfamiliar man. We are so arranged. You all consider yourself to be good lovers and think that you should be disassembled by everyone, including the poor, the terrible, the cash-strapped, and most importantly, have no idea what it is to care for a little bit?
Do you deserve it?

Obviously, she is simply looking for a very high-quality, decent, "Normal", respectable Man. I can only think of one Man who fits that exact description.........

Bee Farmer.

Offline GQBlues

Personally, with that type of attitude, I'd say 'Move on'...she's a high maintenance 'princess-wannabe'.

If she needs that much crap to paint herself over for a date, then she deserved the type of men she had so far met and entertained.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
I am just copying and pasting her Mamba Profile Intro of herself. Wow, it sounds like the Men she deals with regularly on Mamba are very Low-Quality Men!!  :(

This is Google Translate's interpretation of her statement:
The vast majority of men in their blogs, in the comments on the forums, write that women need money, that they are mercantile and prudent ...
Only here, I tell you, men, from their experience and their girlfriends:
the same 80% on a date will not bring a flower girl, do not reduce her not to a restaurant, but even to a cheap cafe. My manicurist, told how an Internet friend invited her to a date. Anechka was from work: in a skirt, on heels,
in kapron pantyhose.
It was autumn. Do you think he asked her to at least sit in a cafe? No! He drove her for 4 hours in the cold on stilettos in the park. By the end of the meeting she was frozen through, like an icicle. For four hours, she spread out her tail, which is really cool and how he needs high relations! What are you talking about, guys, if many of you want to drink a cup of coffee for 50 UAH already consider mercantile?
And the absolute majority of men, coming to the girl on a visit, will, at best, with 1 rose! Few will think that she broke her head over what to cook for dinner.
Well, tell me, who among you wants to see next to a well-groomed girl with overgrown roots, flaking skin, shabby nails, cheap Chinese jeans and chebesh cowards ?!
So no, you want pretty, beautifully dressed fairies. With the fact that the vast majority of you look pretty dumb and nerdy!
You think that women do not invest anything. Do you even understand how much a woman should be beautiful?
Thinking about how much is a normal underwear? I do not even stutter about chic, just beautiful! Have you ever looked at the prices of cosmetics? How much does a decent mascara, powder, perfume bottle? Lipstick? Ornaments? You say that women are mercantile, but it never occurred to anyone that they have already invested so much in their beauty that you never dreamed!
Ask how much it costs to dye your hair in the salon? You will be stunned. A manicure? Pedicure? Cosmetologist? Do you know how much a good cream costs, from which the skin is so smooth? A shampoo, from which the hair shine?
AND DO NOT SPEAK WHAT YOU DO NOT IMPORTANT, AS IT LOOKS - THIS IS THE DOG OF THE DOG!
So, why, suddenly, she, who invested so much money and energy, should give herself to some loser, and how many of you are able to support the family? That she could live at home peacefully, carrying YOUR child, and not die of hunger?
No, this is not mercantile! It is a normal instinct to evaluate a man according to his abilities. In the end, the main function of men - to extract and be able to protect, be strong. Do you offer with @ ks without obligations and, supposedly, pleasure? Wake up, boys! You almost always end, but the woman does not! Because in general it is difficult for a woman to have fun with an unfamiliar man. We are so arranged. You all consider yourself to be good lovers and think that you should be disassembled by everyone, including the poor, the terrible, the cash-strapped, and most importantly, have no idea what it is to care for a little bit?
Do you deserve it?

Obviously, she is simply looking for a very high-quality, decent, "Normal", respectable Man. I can only think of one Man who fits that exact description.........

Bee Farmer.

Well sounds like she's met me already ;D

Seriously though it reminds me a lot of the attitude of the last girl I was with, she used to argue in a similar way. Yes I get that she's pretty and believe me all that stuff that the girl in her statement said does indeed cost - decent cosmetics, nice underwear, good hairdressing salons, etc. I also understand that for many girls on low salaries in Ukraine & FSU it is a struggle to do on their measly wage unless they happen to be in a more lucrative field of employment. IDK I never really squared it with the girl I was with on this one, we again had our opposing standpoints and never really reconciled it. Problem is TMD you can stand around all day in shops and the like with your credit card out for all the good it will do you. Girls such as this i.e the one I had will literally go from one store to another with the guy in tow looking to buy herself this, that and the other as if the guy is automatically responsible to make up for all the time she could not afford this stuff even though they have just met.

The girl in the state seems to suggest at one point that there is a half-way house, 'at least a cheap cafe' that's all very good but I find girls with an attitude shown here are not content with half-way house. Problem is the guy did not necessarily know that the shopping spree was the deal he was lining himself up for - he may have just wanted a girl to get to know and spend time with enjoying each others company and interests and hobbies. I get the distinct impression that girls such as these try to dump the cost of looking beautiful on there date so they are ready for the next one so they don't look shabby for the next one.

Thing is I don't think many guys would mind so much if the girl just turned up in something nice and inexpensive, same with cosmetics, etc. Most just want to see if there is natural chemistry there, none of the rest matters. The girl in the statement allures to the argument that she hits the guys wallet to see if he can provide for her/family. The guy is going to resent pretty quickly a girl that does this and think she is trying to punish him. The girls attitude to guys here looking 'dumb and nerdy' doesn't really strike me as getting off on the right foot with dating guys - we look how we look, some girls will get turned on by how we look others won't or will get turned off even. If she doesn't naturally respect the guy but is sees it as justification for hitting his wallet while hanging out with him its not going to end well.

That guys are going into this a bit tight fisted I don't blame them, its the only way of seeing if a girl has the right attitude towards a guy. Otherwise a guy is wasting much time and money on a girl who just wants to hit his wad to keep herself looking up to spec for the next guy. Is it really my responsibility to do that, hardly its her concern. Sure guys get turned on by a lot of these glam pics girls put up but they don't really expect that, well a few might but I am not one of them. The girl would be best off trying a low but decent looking expense approach as otherwise she is going to get nowhere with that attitude. The girl should try and see it from the guys perspective that he is there to meet someone and enjoy themselves together no spend day after day off, you pay, you pay, you pay...

Part of the problem here I think is cultural difference, the girl who often hasn't traveled out of Ukraine before has no idea of how life is really like in, UK, US, etc. Going off one persons bog standard salary is possible in our countries but if the girl has the attitude of you pay, you pay, you pay for every item and a load of stuff that are non essentials each day it is soon going to become very burdensome, no one apart for the very rich does that in the west else they end up in bankruptcy court very quickly and few want to be there :( Yet the girl thinks most westerners have a bottomless pit of money but the reality is very few westerners do. Most of us westerners looking abroad are somewhat more wealthier and can offer a decent home and economic stability and some spending out, but not to the extent that many Ukrainian girls like this one seem to envisage. However, try as I might I could not really get through to the girl I was with the situation, it was trying to talk to someone who had no understanding of the way the world is or how much money is worth. I'm not sure if there is any getting through to such a girl but they really need to understand to curtail their spending demands a bit if they are to get anywhere with guys.

Funny thing is this girl is apparently 32 and still in prima dona mode and delusional about western men. So its not just only the twenty somethings.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:00:54 PM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

<snipped and spared from the verbosity>....However, try as I might I could not really get through to the girl I was with the situation, it was trying to talk to someone who had no understanding of the way the world is or how much money is worth. I'm not sure if there is any getting through to such a girl but they really need to understand to curtail their spending demands a bit if they are to get anywhere with guys.

...yet you *boink* her and was in love in the ensuing days. What does that say about 'you'?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:26:27 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline treadmilldude

It would me much appreciated if some member of RWD, fluent in Russian, might be able to take the time to do a "Human - Quality" Translation of this young 32 YO Kiev Woman's statement. Google Translate obviously did an extremely poor electronic translation. Even that "dummy" Hillary Clinton could have done a better job than Google Translate (FTime, Boe and Pitbull are about ready to rip my head off with that statement!).

Offline pitbull

I completely agree with what she is saying, based on the Russian text not the Google translation.
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

...yet you *boink* her and was in love in the ensuing days. What does that say about 'you'?

There was signs that she could be truely into me but her actions since well they don't exactly show she is committed to me. I think it can easily be confusing for many what is going on when two meet. I think this statement really hots the nail on the head as to what happens in FSU dating. The girl if she isn't into the guy will either a) ditch the guy, b) try for a shopping spree, or c) go into tour guide mode. If she likes the guy a bit he may get some but that may depend on what she is after.

I think only if a girl likes a guy she would think situation be avoided where she feels like she is having to entertain a guy she doesn't really know.

Kind of makes sense a guy meeting many girls to try and avoid this situation occurring and getting caught in it a while. Also going out there for a while to do this also I would have thought.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

There was signs that she could be truely into me but her actions since well they don't exactly show she is committed to me. I think it can easily be confusing for many what is going on when two meet.<snip>

I don't quite agree with you TC. That was a very lame duck of an excuse.

Your statement suggests to me that you are no more or less like MOST of the men involved in the MOB. The vast majority of which are blue-balled travellers whose fragile prime objective very easily succumbs to their own personal frailties and social misgivings.

You never saw what was blatantly obvious had you had the presence of mind and the social experience in interacting with the opposite sex and stayed firm with your intent to begin with.

Instead, like the majority, you haven't gotten laid in a very long time at home so you travelled to places like Ukraine under the guise of searching for a candidate for the elusive wife material, all the while knowing you really were/are simply fooling yourself and everyone else you involve yourself with. Loneliness and social ineptness is the obvious symptom.

You'll never manage to be honest with anyone else, especially someone you long to be married with someday, if you can't even be honest with yourself today. NEVER. Many of men have crashed and burned in this saga because of this basic and simple reality.

Places like Ukraine, or any other MOB regions, can never change you or your life. You need to do that for yourself. Otherwise you'll find yourself in the same state of irrelevance you are today but with years gone by until you quietly fade away, resided only by fleeting moments of false reprieve in between...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:38:21 PM by GQBlues »

Offline treadmilldude

She is, however, a very proud Ukrainian Woman. She speaks often of her Ex-Husband and the beautiful young Child that resulted from her failed first marriage. She loves her little boy very much and even has a picture of him (with her Ex-Husband) on her Mamba profile.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:50:57 PM by treadmilldude »

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
I completely agree with what she is saying, based on the Russian text not the Google translation.

I can agree with here after reading the Google translation. The only thing she should've have done is say all that stuff in her profile. Some losers may change their behavior in communications to get a date with her. I remember Craigslist personal ads in America. Some women complained about the men writing them and asked them not to send dick pics. Now the perverted men on the internet who want to date the women will refrain from that behavior but will remain perverts. The ladies will have a harder time filtering out the wrong men.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

Re: Inside the head of a 32 YO Pretty (an 8) Kiev Girl frustrated with Mamba Men.
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »
TMD --is any of this legit> ? 
Or are you trying to illustrate  how foolish the forum can be? :wallbash:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BillyB

Re: Inside the head of a 32 YO Pretty (an 8) Kiev Girl frustrated with Mamba Men.
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »
TMD --is any of this legit> ? 
Or are you trying to illustrate  how foolish the forum can be? :wallbash:

So the whole forum is stupid now? Learn to Google and you will find various profiles of women at  Mamba or it's sister sites who adopted what was written in the first post. Couple of them below.

http://www.mamba.ru/ru/diary/mb748938547

http://www.polovinka.com.ua/ru/diary/post.phtml?user_id=1627967415&post_id=406&hit=8
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 07:18:48 PM »

So the whole forum is stupid now? Learn to Google and you will find various profiles of women at  Mamba or it's sister sites who adopted what was written in the first post. Couple of them below.

http://www.mamba.ru/ru/diary/mb748938547

http://www.polovinka.com.ua/ru/diary/post.phtml?user_id=1627967415&post_id=406&hit=8

Like I said SillyBilly -- you are hell bent on proving what a dill you are.

the basic story goes back to 2011 as far as I could quickly see.

http://antidotte.com/viewtopic.php?t=6716
http://gisher.org/nazvanie-pridumayu-potom-t31791.html

She is, however, a very proud Ukrainian Woman. She speaks often of her Ex-Husband and the beautiful young Child that resulted from her failed first marriage. She loves her little boy very much and even has a picture of him (with her Ex-Husband) on her Mamba profile.

http://web.catfly.com/post/awkward-family-photos-that-will-make-you-appreciate-your-family-pics

http://movieboozer.com/movie-review/frame-frame-2015-movie-review-life-shot/attachment/sometimes-a-picture-is-worth-a-thousand-words

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 07:23:46 PM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 08:03:57 PM »
The translation sucks. Nothing in that comment suggests a princess attitude or anything negative.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 09:18:27 PM »
the basic story goes back to 2011 as far as I could quickly see.

Like I said, multiple women adopted what TD said was on woman's profile at Mamba. You asked TD if it were legit and if the forum were fools. You didn't think it was legit. I see you finally did your homework.

Offline JayH

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 10:08:36 PM »

Like I said, multiple women adopted what TD said was on woman's profile at Mamba. You asked TD if it were legit and if the forum were fools. You didn't think it was legit. I see you finally did your homework.
You are the complete dunce -- you can't even figure it out when I made it obvious . :cluebat:

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 11:18:03 AM »
The translation sucks. Nothing in that comment suggests a princess attitude or anything negative.

So what does it say? I've had communication with FSU women that has come across a bit odd sounding like this when using Google translate but never too sure how close it is to how it is coming across. I still kind of get the impression that FSW find they are having particular problems with the western men that visit which is largely down to built up expectations rather than meeting each other in a more down to earth standard situation that we would do at home. I think this statement is very valuable in highlighting this assuming the translation is not all tosh, lol.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »
I think ...

No, you didn't .. that is your problem

I speak Russian enough to 'get' the news and ask for things / directions and to understand a lot of conversations ... BUT... I still use google translate - then 'compensate' - only a natural speaker can do that, well.

Isn't it enough to take the word of some ?

Frankly, I'm suggesting that your 'communication' with FSU women must be 'odd' to them, too... 

Their 'expectations' may be based on what you've alluded to ..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 01:22:33 PM by msmob »

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 12:52:55 PM »
Boe and Pitbull, may I ask a favor of you two great, fantastic, brilliant women who put a loser like me to shame....both of ya'll are superior to me in every way possible. I look up to both of you and admire you both. If I have 2 Daughters in the near future, I have already determined their names will be "Pitbull" and "Boethius" and I know my Belarussian / Ukrainian Wife will be 100% cool with us naming our 2 little girls that. I only hope that some day I might be even 1% the woman you two are.

OK favor time.....Boe - could you please translate the first 50% of that Russian Ukrainian Woman's statement .....and then Pitbull, could you please translate the second 50% of her statement? Thank you so much. I really am earnestly looking forward to an accurate translation.

Boethius, you kick ass. Pitbull, you kick ass too.

JayH has already been sent the link to the girl's profile on mamba so he can check her out for himself.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 01:16:13 PM »
...I only hope that some day I might be even 1% the woman you two are....

Holy guacamole Batman! Which restroom do you think TMD is using these days?!

Just wait and see, Boy Wonder. Wait and see...methinks in the meantime, we may need a 'translation' for that statement just to make sure!"

Offline BillyB

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 01:26:33 PM »
If TMD continues to get advice from the anobolic board forum he's a member at, he may get more than the 1% he wished for.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 04:35:10 PM »
If TMD continues to get advice from the anobolic board forum he's a member at, he may get more than the 1% he wished for.

:o

IINM, isn't the use of such that causes men their premature *tit*tallation and uncontrollable smiling face? I think that's what happened to Phil Mickelson.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 07:12:30 AM »
Even if translated, the "essence" of what she is saying will be lost. 

This shows a certain layer of the society.   On Manny's forum, I explained the reason FSUW dress up more - it is to attract men - think flower/bee.  She's correct on that front, and thousands of photos of FSUW on date sites aimed at WM proves the point too.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 07:44:53 AM »
. . . I explained the reason FSUW dress up more - it is to attract men - think flower/bee.  She's correct on that front, and thousands of photos of FSUW on date sites aimed at WM proves the point too.

And FSUW are more honest about this than WW.

WW deny they  are dressing for men and even angrily proclaim that they dress only for themselves.  And, of course, they bring lawsuits if men compliment them on their looks.

My wife and other FSUW have openly told me:  All we do (in terms of looks) is for men.

Each time before we go out, wife asks to make sure I am OK with how she looks.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 08:21:01 AM »
Women often dress up for other women, (no not pink ladies) its status and as old as the empereors new clothes.

That said , the demand for a solid good man in the FSU is a bit higher, so probably a bit more often dressing to attract.

There are a lot of good men in the FSU, but alcoholism being a factor in life and families there isn't some MOB myth.

As far as a girl copying the same text/sentiment a lot of girls have copied in their profiles, it's likely more to do with the online dating aspect and the method of meeting ,just  not sorting out guys much before meeting.
Same issue men here often have, with similar resulting complaints?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »
I don't think all FSUW dress for men. 

Most WW don't dress for men, although some do.  As Jumper stated, many dress for other women, others for themselves. 

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 09:10:35 AM »
Mmmmm...

The first time I read this was in a blog of a prostitute...so consider the source...

I can not post a link but it's easy to find the source  www.prostitutka-ket.livejournal.com entry august the 6th, 2011...

I think things are a little bit more complex than 'buy me a dinner because I look good'.

But yes there are plenty of cheapskates around.

As to who I dress for I think it's mainly for other women, my partner would say I look great even if I wore a bin liner and a bucket on my head :-)
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline ChickMagnet

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 07:30:04 PM »
Well sounds like she's met me already ;D

Seriously though it reminds me a lot of the attitude of the last girl I was with, she used to argue in a similar way. Yes I get that she's pretty and believe me all that stuff that the girl in her statement said does indeed cost - decent cosmetics, nice underwear, good hairdressing salons, etc. I also understand that for many girls on low salaries in Ukraine & FSU it is a struggle to do on their measly wage unless they happen to be in a more lucrative field of employment. IDK I never really squared it with the girl I was with on this one, we again had our opposing standpoints and never really reconciled it. Problem is TMD you can stand around all day in shops and the like with your credit card out for all the good it will do you. Girls such as this i.e the one I had will literally go from one store to another with the guy in tow looking to buy herself this, that and the other as if the guy is automatically responsible to make up for all the time she could not afford this stuff even though they have just met.

The girl in the state seems to suggest at one point that there is a half-way house, 'at least a cheap cafe' that's all very good but I find girls with an attitude shown here are not content with half-way house. Problem is the guy did not necessarily know that the shopping spree was the deal he was lining himself up for - he may have just wanted a girl to get to know and spend time with enjoying each others company and interests and hobbies. I get the distinct impression that girls such as these try to dump the cost of looking beautiful on there date so they are ready for the next one so they don't look shabby for the next one.

Thing is I don't think many guys would mind so much if the girl just turned up in something nice and inexpensive, same with cosmetics, etc. Most just want to see if there is natural chemistry there, none of the rest matters. The girl in the statement allures to the argument that she hits the guys wallet to see if he can provide for her/family. The guy is going to resent pretty quickly a girl that does this and think she is trying to punish him. The girls attitude to guys here looking 'dumb and nerdy' doesn't really strike me as getting off on the right foot with dating guys - we look how we look, some girls will get turned on by how we look others won't or will get turned off even. If she doesn't naturally respect the guy but is sees it as justification for hitting his wallet while hanging out with him its not going to end well.

That guys are going into this a bit tight fisted I don't blame them, its the only way of seeing if a girl has the right attitude towards a guy. Otherwise a guy is wasting much time and money on a girl who just wants to hit his wad to keep herself looking up to spec for the next guy. Is it really my responsibility to do that, hardly its her concern. Sure guys get turned on by a lot of these glam pics girls put up but they don't really expect that, well a few might but I am not one of them. The girl would be best off trying a low but decent looking expense approach as otherwise she is going to get nowhere with that attitude. The girl should try and see it from the guys perspective that he is there to meet someone and enjoy themselves together no spend day after day off, you pay, you pay, you pay...

Part of the problem here I think is cultural difference, the girl who often hasn't traveled out of Ukraine before has no idea of how life is really like in, UK, US, etc. Going off one persons bog standard salary is possible in our countries but if the girl has the attitude of you pay, you pay, you pay for every item and a load of stuff that are non essentials each day it is soon going to become very burdensome, no one apart for the very rich does that in the west else they end up in bankruptcy court very quickly and few want to be there :( Yet the girl thinks most westerners have a bottomless pit of money but the reality is very few westerners do. Most of us westerners looking abroad are somewhat more wealthier and can offer a decent home and economic stability and some spending out, but not to the extent that many Ukrainian girls like this one seem to envisage. However, try as I might I could not really get through to the girl I was with the situation, it was trying to talk to someone who had no understanding of the way the world is or how much money is worth. I'm not sure if there is any getting through to such a girl but they really need to understand to curtail their spending demands a bit if they are to get anywhere with guys.

Funny thing is this girl is apparently 32 and still in prima dona mode and delusional about western men. So its not just only the twenty somethings.

She did meet you. She stated you were awkward, aloof, and talked so much about things that bored her she didn't
want to be rude and leave. You didn't even know it was the girl above you were talking to. Later, she reported back to the other board about Trenchcoat. I'm a member there too. But folks have to come here to read about you. I'm just helping out the process.

Offline msmob

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 09:39:03 PM »
I don't think all FSUW dress for men. 

Most WW don't dress for men, although some do.  As Jumper stated, many dress for other women, others for themselves.

I used to think women dressed to please men when I was VERY young ... a wiser man learns that most women dress to please themselves first - they may be influenced by peer pressure -- esp. if moving to the west

I remember V was pleased with Italian bright red - fur lined high heel boots she bought in Siberia - went with  a red coat she wore - but she quickly stopped wearing them in a little town in the UK as 'someone' - NOT ME - told her she looked like a prostitute !? ( She most certainly didn't)

I recently read about a western guy bemoaning his FSU wife had taking to wearing flat shoes at work - because of the same peer pressure - and she eventually went back to high heels and skirts

Do women dress to please us men? - yes - but let's not kid ourselves ..  they mostly dress how THEY want ;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 11:01:22 PM »
, the demand for a solid good man in the FSU is a bit higher, so probably a bit more often dressing to attract.

Lots of losers out there so women are competing to attract the few best men out there. I doubt they are dressing up to catch women or just to feel good about themselves. Takes lots of time to put on cosmetics and wearing high heals aren't comfortable.

The first time I read this was in a blog of a prostitute...so consider the source...

I can not post a link but it's easy to find the source  www.prostitutka-ket.livejournal.com entry august the 6th, 2011...

It was written elsewhere before Aug 6, 2011

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 02:05:32 AM »
She did meet you. She stated you were awkward, aloof, and talked so much about things that bored her she didn't
want to be rude and leave. You didn't even know it was the girl above you were talking to. Later, she reported back to the other board about Trenchcoat. I'm a member there too. But folks have to come here to read about you. I'm just helping out the process.

Then PM me the details of the other board and I shall see.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 03:29:05 AM »
Their 'expectations' may be based on what you've alluded to ..

Yay me Mobe has finally agreed with one thing I have said :D

Yeah I get the impression mostly from the MOB industry that girls get told 'guys want girls looking like models so you need to dress well but don't worry if you can't afford much of it they are loaded so won't mind paying for it all it will be nothing to them'

So the MOB industry thinks most guys want models and most girls want a rich guy and propogate these misbeliefs. Over time it spreads into a given idea for most of the FSU dating scene.

I honestly am not looking for a model, I don't mind if she is but I'm not going to be funding her model image clothe shopping. I want a girl where we are naturally into each other. As long as girl is nicely/smartly dressed I not at all bothered with high fashion labels they mean nothing to me.

I get the impression this misunderstanding over what each other gender is looking for has caused a lot of relationships grief and fallings apart. The guy thinks the girl is a goldigger and not into him only into clothing/what she can get. The girl thinks she has to have this high fashion for the guy to be into her. It basically sets the two up against each other a bit like that prank two mobiles are put together and each caller thinks they've phone the other. Neither realises that the other isn't interested in what they think they are interested in. At least most aren't.

In future when starting out corresponding with a girl I will set this one straight from the get go to avoid any preconceptions the girl may have.

Offline msmob

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 10:46:55 AM »
Yay me Mobe has finally agreed with one thing I have said :D

Trenchcoat.. those who paid attention to their English lessons are now quietly smiling ..
As usual - you cannot even 'get' ( as in realise it was present )  highlighted irony in your native tongue .... :deadhorse:

Yeah I get the impression mostly from the MOB industry ..

And where did you pick up that 'term' as applying to dating sites where no agency is involved with the profile that a lady personally chooses to post ? ..

I HATE that term and those using it merely perpetuate the demeaning nature of those making a conscious decision to  broaden their horizons - when seeking a partner from a far away land.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 11:13:12 AM »
Trenchcoat.. those who paid attention to their English lessons are now quietly smiling ..
As usual - you cannot even 'get' ( as in realise it was present )  highlighted irony in your native tongue ....

I had a sneaking suspicion :( but thought on the off chance I have to hit on something you agree with sooner or later.

I wish it were so simple as to mail order me a bride ;D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »
Even if translated, the "essence" of what she is saying will be lost. 

This shows a certain layer of the society.   On Manny's forum, I explained the reason FSUW dress up more - it is to attract men - think flower/bee.  She's correct on that front, and thousands of photos of FSUW on date sites aimed at WM proves the point too.

So what is she saying other than that. Does she see the man being the one who should pay? Or is the thrust of quote merely a description of what she sees as going on in the FSU dating world - that men are attracted most to women that dress up - flower/bee. TMD seemed to take rhos quote very much as one displaying attitude from the girl. If this is incorrect and there really is none of that is shows how shockingly of target Google translate can be - imagine the sort of arguments or bad feeling that my result from a skewed translation if this is what we have here.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2017, 06:10:05 PM »
imagine the sort of arguments or bad feeling that my result from a skewed translation if this is what we have here.

Google translator has flaws. Intelligent people don't let their emotions get fired up and destroy friendships or relationships due to a bad translation.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 01:11:39 AM »

Google translator has flaws. Intelligent people don't let their emotions get fired up and destroy friendships or relationships due to a bad translation.

I would'nt get worked up by one off message particularly if I suspected translation might be an issue. Just saying it would be more smoother on the communication to get a message with the meaning as much intact as possible. A lot of off messages by someone unaware or in the early stages of messaging some one might write of that person unecessarily as a result is my thoughts.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 10:24:39 AM »
So what is she saying other than that. Does she see the man being the one who should pay? Or is the thrust of quote merely a description of what she sees as going on in the FSU dating world - that men are attracted most to women that dress up - flower/bee. TMD seemed to take rhos quote very much as one displaying attitude from the girl. If this is incorrect and there really is none of that is shows how shockingly of target Google translate can be - imagine the sort of arguments or bad feeling that my result from a skewed translation if this is what we have here.

It doesn't really matter.

Slavic languages tend to be more nuanced than English.  The whole meaning of a phrase can change, depending on word placement.  Google translate doesn't get that and can't, really.

In this case, the issue is more with understanding the culture.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2221
Total: 2232

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM