It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Update - 13 years later  (Read 212971 times)

Online northkape

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Update - 13 years later
« on: January 13, 2013, 05:57:45 PM »
I went looking the other day for Planet-Love, only to find that the russian part of it had been moved here.

Some might remember my nick from back then; Danneskjold Ragnar out of Norway. At least I remember Dan dating his Olya from Kremenchug at the same time I found my wife in a neighbor city. 

Here is how it all started:
(A copy of a trip report I posted at Planet-Love back in the year 1999)

Anyway, if you feel like it, take a seat and listen to my story about prostitution among MOB girls in St.Petersburg.

I lived together with a young stunningly beautiful girl from SPB part of the summer last year.

I knew from the look in her eyes, in less than an hour after meeting with her, that she probably had a professional career behind her, even though she had a high education and a good job. I didn't care too much about that at that time, since there were so many things that I liked about her. She was intelligent, classy and had great taste. As it was, I had one of the best summer months in my entire 44 year life, together with this fascinating 22 year old Amazon. I didn't ask her however, about the dark side of her history until the third time we met. This is what happened. Living together with her in her flat, she told me that I would have to be on my own the next evening as there was something she had to straighten out with her ex-boyfriend. There was no way for me to come along. Neither did I want to, as I knew from what she had told me earlier that he was a Mafia "business" man. I always enjoyed life on the dangerous side, but there is a line I don't want to cross. As I expected she didn't return home that night. But I did some thinking and then it all dawned to me. What a fool I was. From my experience and all the tell-tale signs, I knew she was lying to me, and that she was still working in the trade. She didn't go to see her ex-boyfriend. There was a customer so important for her that she risked breaking the relationship with me for him. I promptly moved out of her flat the very next morning. Later in the day she called my mobile phone and wondered why I had moved, and if I could come to meet with her so she could explain to me what had happened. I agreed upon meeting with her in her flat a couple of hours later, as I wanted her to admit to me what I already knew. I entered her flat only to meet her more beautiful than I had ever seen her. She had really done her homework with the makeup.  I told her to sit down, light a smoke and promise to keep her mouth shut for twenty minutes, as I was going to really crush her heart. I started telling her how easily I had been able to understand about her history and how and why I had known all the time. Even though I could see that it was very difficult for her to keep her promise about keeping her mouth shut, she did so till I was finished. By now the tears were ruining her makeup and she finally gave in and told me the truth about everything in her history, and about many of her beautiful girlfriends which I had met with. And what a history, I had been guessing correctly about almost everything. But she wouldn’t admit about the previous night. That was more of a defeat than she was able to take at the moment. And she knew of course that this was the final play, and that everything was coming to and end at this time. And from there on it was finished, even though I took her out for dinner one more evening before I left. The last time I spoke with her on the phone in November, she told me she was probably going to marry with an American man from Chicago that had visited her twice. But as she told me he wasn’t as clever as I had been, and she wouldn’t ever want to tell him the truth. She also has two of her girlfriends married in the USA. I can’t know for sure if everything she told me about prostitution among the young beautiful students was true or not, but a Swedish businessman that I met with verified her story. He had been living part time in SPB for the last seven years. Later this winter I had a girl from south of Moscow living at my home for a month. Occasionally she goes to hairdresser trade shows in SPB. And she told me also that as many as one out of three of the girls she has met with there and gone to parties together with, has been involved more or less with prostitution at some time in their history.

Just for the record, the three other girls I have met with in SPB have not, as far as I have been able to tell been involved in this trade. And I’m very sure about that.

The agency that had this girl didn’t know about it, neither did her family and many of her friends. But as I told, many of her girlfriends were involved in this trade also. One evening when I was alone at Hollywood Nites, one of the most popular prostitute places in SPB, I paid twenty bucks to one of the young hookers for half an hour of information about this trade among the young students. It was quite an interesting story. It’s easy to understand how tempting it can be for these girls. One girl I know from Novgorod south of SPB makes twenty US$ a month while a one hour stunt in SPB can go as high as 300 US$ if you are really beautiful and find a hot foreign tourist. I for one can’t really blame them for what they are doing. And a lot of these girls can be found in the agencies. They have got used to a regular income, but want to get out of the trade. Interesting that AFA has their socials in Hollywood Nites, even if I have no reason to believe that any of the prostitutes are present at their socials.

End of copy!

Well I got my feet wet on that one.

In the following year I wrote with many and travelled to meet with some. Inviting those I really liked to come live with me for a couple of weeks while continuing to write all the time.
The end of a visit was terrible. Felt like an asshole dropping these beautiful, sincere young ladies off at the airport with a final goodbye, after having lived together with them for weeks. At least one was deeply hurt.

Took this 25 year old beauty along for a vacation in southern France. Sorry she was, when leaving for home after a month together.

I continued calling and writing sporadically with her till she finally met with another man she was planning to marry in Sweden.

Stumbled onto Lena in August 99 through a young entrepreneur named Anna who posted her university girlfriends on the internet. Lena was to become one of those I continued writing with, even when she was on her way to meet with other men in Europe. Impressed I was; not only by her beauty, but the fact that at age 22 she was finishing her university education while working full time as a manager in a private bank with 20 employees below her. An irresistible young lady with the energy of dynamite for me to handle.
Eight months later on my 45th. birthday I picked her up at the airport an hour late.
(an incident never to be forgotten and used for all its worth whenever she is mad at me;
"I was so stupid standing there waiting instead of catching a return flight back home")

Next day we went skiing in the mountains with some of my friends for a week.

It was the first time ever for Lena
And she struggled hard just standing still without falling.

Couple of days later she was able to start moving in a straight line till she hit something.
Had most of her body colored red, blue and green before the end of the week.

Before we could set a date for the wedding I had to meet with her parents.
Two weeks later I arrived at Borispil airport.

On the bus between Borispil and Dnepropetrovsk.

Buying flowers for her mother.
So there I was at their doorstep, more than a little nervous to meet parents my own age.
Whatever doubts I had however, were blown away upon getting to know Lena's mother.

A beautiful lady filled with unlimited energy. The last one in bed and first in the morning.
And my wife to-be was probably full of the same genes.

Let's backtrack some years to understand where I was coming from. Throughout my late teens and early twenties I had been dating a large pool of category ten girls without falling in love, except for this stunning beautiful 16 year old with a mysterious burning flame deep inside her eyes. The following ten years was a roller coaster life, traveling all over the world, driving race cars and building a business while playing out the plot for her career. We lived our dreams by doing them, never to worry about the consequences, just backpedaling when necessary. She started out with only basic education, sorting the daily mail and serving coffee in a small office. To become the financial director of a large corporation before we parted. Later on "Business Woman of the year in Norway" with a six digit salary (and still a stunning beauty).

Aged 33 at the end of this adventurous relationship I vaguely realized that my next love would have to possess that flame in her eyes for me to fall in love. Something that would prove elusive for years to come.

To be continued
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:46:19 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Phil757

• Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Update - 13 years later
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »
Good read.  Can't wait for the rest....

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:16:33 PM »
Hi, Cutie!!!!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 07:23:07 PM »
 :popcorn:   

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 07:25:00 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 07:30:53 PM »
Northkape,

Welcome after 13  years.  Because you have been married for over 10 years, I assume the story you are telling is a happy one about life with a good RW.  I look forward to your next posts.

I understand Ranetka's feelings about the photos and I have mixed feelings myself.  However, I suggest the photos stay because they are part of the story plus it was 13 years ago.  If you were reporting a recent trip, I would suggest that the photos be deleted.  Time takes care of most concerns.

The allegations of prostitution must be taken with a grain of salt.  How large is the difference between a woman taking $200 for an evening's work and another woman deciding to leave her boyfriend because he doesn't give her the amount of money she expects?   In 1999 there were many, many young RW accepting money from "boyfriends" in loveless relationships. Times were difficult and women were oppressed.

One situation where the women's photos should not be released is the dark and dreadful case in which some RW are forced to prostitution, essentially working in servitude to crime bosses.   Northkape, do you believe the first woman in your story  was forced to be a prostitute, compelled to leave you for a night to meet her major client?   If so, you should delete her photo.  It is good that you did not name her.

Online northkape

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
Sorry that some are offended by that first picture.

I didn't post it along with the story back in 99 for that same reason.
But now it's almost 14 years later.
And this lady was changing her looks all the time with makeup and hair.
On top of that I slightly changed her look in Photoshop before posting it.

I my opinion I wouldn't think even her mother would recognize her from this picture alone.

For the rest of the pictures I really don't understand it, as they are harmless pictures of my lovely wife in public places.
Maybe some are complaining without reading the full story.

Personally I like reading stories with pictures and I would want others to enjoy my stories also.

Best Regards

Jan

Offline I/O

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »
Class action happening here? Jumping to conclusions again people - he may not be keeping any photos, he did mention a thread on another site from years ago - perhaps he just copied the photos in from there?

Offline AnonMod

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »
For the time being the photos stay. For those of you who oppose the story and/or the photos I would suggest you start a thread for that discussion. In the mean time, please stop polluting this thread with your repeated objections. Most by now understand you object. Your point is made. The OP has a story to share, allow him the latitude and the opportunity to get the thread back on topic
This account does NOT accept PM's. If you need to contact the RWD Staff, please use the 'Report to moderator' link.

Offline Gator

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 09:46:16 PM »
For the time being the photos stay. For those of you who oppose the story and/or the photos I would suggest you start a thread for that discussion. In the mean time, please stop polluting this thread with your repeated objections. Most by now understand you object. Your point is made. The OP has a story to share, allow him the latitude and the opportunity to get the thread back on topic
Yes, maybe sans response, and putting all of this crap in a second thread.  I wish everyone would examine the title of his thread 

"Update - 13 years Later"

and now consider what the word "update" entails.  .

Offline His wife

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 09:50:58 PM »
Just wondering how would topic starter felt about his wife if she sat somewhere on some Russian –married-US  forum and tell the whole world about every American/Indian/German/Italian she met and what they did and didn’t , posted their pics, so on…

He must be bored to death living in his memories….

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 09:51:43 PM »
northkape, hopefully it ended up being a happy ending.  I understand if you don't want to finish your story after being attacked before you could finish.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:55:20 PM by LiveFromUkraine »

Online northkape

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 10:32:52 PM »
Thanks AnonMod

Jan

Offline jone

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 10:45:50 PM »
Jan - your wife is beautiful!!!!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:39:52 AM by mies »

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:32 AM »
This thread definitely needs to go in the sans response section. I would really like to read this story without all the garbage added in!!!!!
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline mies

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 07:44:00 AM »
This thread definitely needs to go in the sans response section. I would really like to read this story without all the garbage added in!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=z2H_KpOf0Bc#t=103s

Offline Ranetka

• Back to Earth from Cloud Nine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 10:38:26 AM »
Class action happening here? Jumping to conclusions again people - he may not be keeping any photos, he did mention a thread on another site from years ago - perhaps he just copied the photos in from there?

No, he tested it first. Yesterday or a while this thread contained only first woman's photo with the words "test" :-)
There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.

I do resent the fact that most people never question or think for themselves. I don't want to be normal. I just want to find some other people that are odd in the same ways that I am. OP.

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 11:20:51 AM »
Sorry that some are offended by that first picture.

For the rest of the pictures I really don't understand it, as they are harmless pictures of my lovely wife in public places.

As I understand it northkape, all the pictures except the first are of your wife.
Is that true?

Did not anyone else catch this?

But northkape, if the pictures are of your wife, why did you scatter them among the stories of the other women, which you surely knew would confuse readers?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 12:47:55 PM »

No, he tested it first. Yesterday or a while this thread contained only first woman's photo with the words "test" :-)

He was testing on how to post photos. Is that too, worthy of protest? :D

There are no laws or forum rules against posting photos. It's a personal decision of the author. Methinks thou do protests too much. Let it be

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 12:49:52 PM »
As I understand it northkape, all the pictures except the first are of your wife.
Is that true?

Did not anyone else catch this?

But northkape, if the pictures are of your wife, why did you scatter them among the stories of the other women, which you surely knew would confuse readers?

No. The first two are women he'd known previously to his wife. One pic is of himself and another is of energetic MIL. Did you just look at the pictures and not read the post?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »
Posting pictures, IMO, is per the OP's discretion.

The only thing I don't quite agree with, maybe do not understand, is what's the point of posting a picture(s) of an ex-GF who was supposedly a prostitute...couldn't the story be just as viable without the picture? I doubt this lady would be thrilled to know her picture is posted on a WM/FSUW dating forum showcased as a hooker.

I supposed this goes in the same vein as AD's posting of photos of sex touring Romeo's of the days of yore.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline jone

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »
Moderator -

Could we move all discussion on Pictures - for whatever reason - to the other thread.  They are not needed as the issue has already been decided.  Let's try to coax our now reluctant story teller into finishing his story.

Offline ML

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 01:26:57 PM »
No. The first two are women he'd known previously to his wife. One pic is of himself and another is of energetic MIL. Did you just look at the pictures and not read the post?

I am just going by what he posted, which I requested clarification from him.

Quote from: northkape on Yesterday at 08:50:43 PMSorry that some are offended by that first picture.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online northkape

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 03:18:07 PM »
The wedding

From age 33 I searched low and high for a soulmate with that flame inside. All of ten years before I threw in the towel. Thats when I decided to try writing instead of dating.
And clearly the best choice for writing with available, intelligent and strong women was the FSU. But even when writing several letters each and every day, it took me more than two years before finally marrying with Lena.

Now, let's go back to Lena's hometown again.

Before leaving I wanted to meet with Anna, the lady who had introduced me to Lena and persuaded her to keep writing with me through all those months. Anna liked my letters and was sure I would be a good husband for Lena even though I was more than 20 years older.

Anna together with Lena when we went for a barbecue outside the city.

After the date for the wedding was decided, Lena followed me to Kiev where we spent a couple of days together before I left for Norway.

We were going to marry at Zagz in Lena's hometown two moths later. No church wedding the way Lena wanted it, as there were no available dates for the next 6 months.

For Lena and her mother there was such an endless list of things to arrange before the first of July.

For me was preparing all necessary paperwork at home plus the expenses.
Her bank alone wanted 3000 US$ for releasing Lena, as they had paid for her university education. Arranging all the bribes for immediate paperwork was 1000 US$ including a new international passport with a new family name to be ready the day after wedding.

Renting the best restaurant in town for the wedding day, another restaurant for the brunch the next day, the food, the drinks, the band to play in the evening party, the connoisseur, the photographer, the video guy, and so on was another 3000 US$
It was to be my first and hopefully last wedding so I wanted all available options.
(All in all it turned out fantastic at a price almost to good to be true)

I decided to drive by car to Lena for the wedding, while my parents and brother got on a plane. It was practical for many reasons, Lena had a lot of personal belongings she wanted to take along and we could do the honeymoon as a long and exiting trip through all of southern Europe.

At Lena's home before the wedding.

The ceremony at Zagz

That lady in red, in charge of the Zagz, did everything possible to help us in the short amount of time before the wedding.
I offered her a 100$ note for all she had done for us, but she refused to take it. On the last day when we visited her, Lena asked her for a copy of a document.
While she went to the copy machine I went behind her desk and buried a 20$ note in the bottom of the bottom drawer.
When we received our wedding certificate a few days later the 20$ note was neatly taped to the inside with a smile on it.

After Zagz we took a walk in the park and had a photo session before the evening party.

For the evening party I had written a great speech in english. Lena had a professional translator convert it to russian, which I worked hard to memorize word by word in the week before the wedding. Enabling me to make a speech in front of my audience in their native language.

Dancing with my new "mother in law"

And for those doubting my sincerity and the story.

Here is fast forward eleven years.
A tribute to the discipline of many Ukraine women when it comes to taking care of their body and appearance.
Lena in the summer of 2011 with our twin sons when we revisited Novy Sviet (a hidden pearl) on the Crimean coast.
And a tribute to their power and determination when it comes to the fulfillment of their dreams.
Taking care of her family first and foremost, Lena waited until recently before reeducating for a high level career. As of today she is working as an auditor in the tax department of the Norwegian government.
That flame i found inside her mind 13 years ago is still burning bright.

To be continued

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 03:30:46 PM »
Beautiful Lena! Fantastically done! Love the report and photos!!
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1882
Total: 1893

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM