It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Easter...and which nylon stockings to buy  (Read 1251 times)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Easter...and which nylon stockings to buy
« on: April 06, 2018, 08:06:53 AM »
It is not every day that I buy nylon stockings -- for myself. But today was different and moving forward I may buy them every year for Easter!

I have your attention now, don't I?

What better tradition on the day before Easter than the colouring of Easter eggs?!  With apologies to those who live in Roman Catholic calendar countries and celebrated Easter last week, Easter in the Eastern world arrives this Sunday, 08 April this year. If you have read my articles in previous years, you understand the use of red and brown onion skins in the colouring of Easter Eggs.

My personal favourite is to use red/blue cabbage to boil eggs because the bluish and purplish tints on the finished eggs are "da bomb!"

Earlier today a show on Moscow 24 television channel caught my attention as for a glorious half hour, I learned some new techniques for decorating eggs. That is where the nylon panty hose idea was introduced, for those of you really curious about my earlier comment. I recommend the cheap stockings, just in case you are ready to rush out and buy some for yourself. There is no reason to spend mega bucks on expensive nylons if the purpose is to cut them into sections and wrap them around eggs.

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to post a link to the television programme referenced above. (Pardon my use of tradition English spellings as it certainly confuses my American audiences, but they are oft confused about spelling anyway, so we will just move onward.)

I will publish a link to a video, but it isn't the Moscow 24 version. Still, it is useful. So, go out and buy some cheap nylons. Remember that paprika and turmeric are also useful for colouring. Pick up some dill, fresh oregano, and paper napkins with flower prints, and once back home crack an egg and whisk it briskly to use for glue. Start decorating some eggs today!

I wish you a colourful Easter. Christ has risen!

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Easter...and which nylon stockings to buy
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 09:13:47 AM »
Big advantage to those who celebrate Orthodox Easter in USA.

Candy is half price or less.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541299
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3550
Most Online Ever: 12701