It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The November Man  (Read 1167 times)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
The November Man
« on: September 01, 2014, 07:21:07 PM »
This new film with Pierce Brosnan has a very interesting take on the Chechen War.  In this plot a Russian General comes to power by blowing up an apartment building in order to start the second Chechen War (Eerily similar to allegations made about V. Putin) but according to this plot the building is blown up with the help of a rogue CIA officer who wants to have the General in his pocket.  Olga Kurylenko is beautiful as always but plays the part of the femme fatale with depth.

Those who believe in conspiracy theories such as "the USA is behind every war in the World" will like this movie.

Olga K's boyfriend in real life is 52 years old and she is just 34 years old, yet another age gap relationship.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402157/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:26:09 PM by AC »

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: The November Man
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:29:38 AM »
Interesting time to release the movie. When did production start?
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: The November Man
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 12:10:30 PM »
Interesting time to release the movie. When did production start?

Development
Prelude

"When Pierce Brosnan was retired from playing the role of James Bond in 2005, it was reported that along with his business partner, Beau St. Clair, through their Irish DreamTime production company, he will be producing a down-to-earth spy thriller based on Bill Granger's book series called "The November Man", focusing on one particular novel in the series titled There Are No Spies, with shooting scheduled to begin in 2006.[4] The project, however, ended up either being cancelled or was put on hold in 2007, as there were no news or any sign of an action coming out of that direction. But, Brosnan decided to keep the screen rights to the novel which would permit him to produce the film adaptation of the book.
Revival

Eventually, in 2012, it was reported that Brosnan had the project resurrected and was put back on the trail with Dominic Cooper reportedly joining the production shortly after its announcement.[5] In April 2013, whilst promoting his latest romcom, Love Is All You Need, Brosnan told the media: "I am about to go off to Serbia and do my own spy movie. Finally I have the director I want in Roger Donaldson and we’re gonna do a piece called November Man so I shall jump back into that arena".[6]
Casting

Brosnan revealed that Olga Kurylenko, who had a leading role in Quantum of Solace and the recent Oblivion, will co-star alongside him, commenting "I think there’s another room on the stage for another spy! Daniel [Craig] can’t have it all to himself. My co-star is a lovely actress called Olga Kurylenko, who seems to be going through leading men like hot dinners. She started with Daniel Craig and she’s gonna end up with Brosnan! She’s a gorgeous actress, beautiful woman. She’s in and it’s the older spy, younger spy".[6] A month later, it was announced that shooting on the film would begin on 20th May 2013, with Luke Bracey and Bill Smitrovich joining the cast.[7] Dominic Cooper, however, left the project to star in Need For Speed, and was replaced with Bracey in the role of the main antagonist. In June 2013, it was reported that Will Patton and Caterina Scorsone joined the cast, the former will be playing an old-school senior CIA operative while the latter is being described as "ambitious up-and-comer".[8]

source:  imdb
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:13:48 PM by AC »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1896
Total: 1907

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM