It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 304578 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #1325 on: August 12, 2020, 12:02:21 PM »
"Buk for the downing of MH17"

how can Russia be considered the culpable party, when the event happened in Ukraine and NOT Russia?
if a plane was shot down in Canada, would you blame the USA?
this is fake news spread by liberal news media

Offline Gator

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1326 on: August 12, 2020, 01:12:49 PM »

this is fake news spread by liberal news media

No.  This is the findings of a 6-year scientific investigation conducted by the joint team of Netherlands, Australia, Belgium, Malaysia and Ukraine.   Three suspects from Russia and one from Ukraine have been identified as responsible for downing the plane.  Their absentia trial is underway. 

Here is an interesting video with your hero Putin saying what you just wrote. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/60-minutes-producer-henry-schuster-explains-the-evolution-of-the-story-on-mh17/

Online krimster2

« Reply #1327 on: August 12, 2020, 01:39:09 PM »
"Here is an interesting video with your hero Putin saying what you just wrote."

he's more than MY HERO, he's my "bolshoi poppa"
my big daddy
you live with your heroes and I will live with mine...
mine will be remembered as the greatest Russian in the last 100 years..
how will yours be remembered?

Offline Gator

« Reply #1328 on: August 12, 2020, 03:47:09 PM »

how will yours be remembered?

Being a Tennessee lad,  my hero was Davy Crockett.  And I guess  if I were the same age today living in Russia, I would consider Putin my hero.    ;D 

Suffice it to say at an early age I grew out of devoted admiration of people I didn't know.   

True confession, there were more than Davy Crockett.   I progressed to Tennesseans Nathan Bedford Forrest and Cordell Hull.  Moved to North Carolina, changed to Billy Graham, then spent the rest of my life enchanted more by women.   Whom did you expect me to name, Anwar Sadat? 

Online krimster2

« Reply #1329 on: August 12, 2020, 04:08:57 PM »
Davy Crocket is LONG GONE my friend
take a look at the 18 yr olds today...
what kinda future do you think THIS generation is going to create
what kind?
one with a MUCH LOWER standard of living than today’s...

the living standard in the USA is LOWER today than it was a generation ago
and it will be MUCH, MUCH lower a generation from now, based on the expected rate of productivity of today’s 18 yr olds, most of em are gonna be lucky just to be able to feed themselves a few years from now, let alone make ANY kind of social contribution...

there will be little manufacturing left
no restaurants, salons,
no travel, hotels
commercial aircraft orders
1/3 of all retail stores will be bankrupt in a couple of months

american business has been crippled by paying hundreds of billions in tariffs and is losing the trade war with China
businesses pay for the  tariffs out of their profits as well as raising prices

now businesses have to pay various penalties for Corona
depending on the nature of their business
for some businesses the Corona penalty is 100%

every week, over a million new people apply for unemployment

prices on bonds have collapsed, while the prices on gold, silver, bitcoin have SKYROCKETED!

meanwhile Rednecks, do not loose heart, no...
for I bear GOOD NEWS!!!

for only $30 you can apply for a class 6 FFL License
and it is $30 to renew

and you can make and SELL ammunition...
my Dillon press is good for 800 rounds per hour
but if I can build sales, I can get a commercial reloading 5500 rounds per hour machine...

then I will get a high end bullet swager to get that kinda volume
and swage my own high performance bullets

I can easily make  50 cents per round profit, probably much more...
think about that with a 5500 round per hour machine means!!

I will specialize in very light weight hollow point +P rounds in more common calibers
for example a 70 grain 38 special hollow point, that has a velocity of 1,800 fps out of a 2 inch barrel
the challenge for this bullet was to get a bullet with such light weight to NOT disintegrate on impact, but to expand and STILL exit exit either a head or straight on torso shot
out of a 2" 38 a bullet like this can have OVER 400 ft lbs which is pretty impressive for such a small sized pistol!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 04:19:33 PM by krimster2 »

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #1330 on: August 12, 2020, 04:30:59 PM »

the living standard in the USA is LOWER today than it was a generation ago
and it will be MUCH, MUCH lower a generation from now, based on the expected rate of productivity of today’s 18 yr olds, most of em are gonna be lucky just to be able to feed themselves a few years from now, let alone make ANY kind of social contribution...

there will be little manufacturing left
no restaurants, salons,
no travel, hotels
commercial aircraft orders
1/3 of all retail stores will be bankrupt in a couple of months

american business has been crippled by paying hundreds of billions in tariffs and is losing the trade war with China
businesses pay for the  tariffs out of their profits as well as raising prices

The American standard of living has taken a large hi during the trump era, from underwear to my favorite cookies, I don't have the same choices I did 2 years ago.  Some of it is trump's fault, other parts are not.  Our national debt is getting so unbelievably bad that I question how much longer the music can play. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1331 on: August 12, 2020, 11:09:21 PM »

My wife's uncle in Ukraine has COVID. He's from a smaller town and he's the worst condition of all the patients in the hospital. They don't have ventilators. Lungs full of liquid so they put him on his stomach and give him oxygen. Socialized health care means he doesn't get medicine but what they recommend costs $140 a day. My Mother in Law buys what she can for him. MIL wants to transfer him to a better hospital but the hospital in Ivano Frankivsk is full too. Only way to get him a bed in a better hospital is to bribe doctors when one is available. I bet she's not the only one trying to bribe doctors.

If you look at Ukraine's COVID numbers, it doesn't look so bad but hospitals are full. A lot of countries are deceptive about their numbers.

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/ukraine/
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1332 on: August 12, 2020, 11:12:26 PM »
If we don't know, why trust it?   

Considering His disastrous record handling the coronavirus should we trust Trump?  Really?

Do you really believe a vaccine will be available on election day?  Maybe set up immunization stands at polling places with little round 'Saved by Trump' stickers?

If Trump were given the choice of releasing a vaccine today, without phase 3 trials he would do so in a heartbeat.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1333 on: August 13, 2020, 06:11:45 AM »

Davy Crocket is LONG GONE my friend.

When Davy was my hero, we did not own a TV in our small town.    My girlfriend's family down the street had a TV and a 20-ft antennae for fuzzy reception, and the  kids in the neighborhood piled in every afternoon to watch Howdy Doody.    Disney's Davy Crockett series came later. 

Little did anyone realize that the world created by Brenton Woods and American business had opened up a run of prosperity and unimaginable innovation.  The good life did not unroll in a straight line , e. g.,  that girl friend with the TV became infected with polio. 

That was two generations ago, as my granddaughter is now about my age ...somewhat longer than two generations considering both my son and I were were older than the average age for new fathers. 

A generation after Davy Crockett and Howdy Doody, most of the world was speaking English, not because of some British legacy, not because of the US government, but because of the international success of American business. 

Change is constant.   Americans started buying Japanese cars, and with that Detroit started to decline.   The tech boom came along and created new opportunities for prosperity.  I succeeded in business beyond my wildest dreams. Government grew too.   

take a look at the 18 yr olds today...
what kinda future do you think THIS generation is going to create

Its up to them.   What is different today than when I was 18, and my son was 18?   

-  Today's 18-yo  have the same idealism I had, except their idealism is more in the form of idealistic contempt. 
    -  I contend they have been coddled more than other generations.   
    -  The world does not belong to American business.
    -  America is shifting to the left, which is to say it is focusing inwardly.

That latter point needs to be changed.  The critical battle is not within America, but our position in the world.  America first.  To the contrary, I assert a  Democrat sweep in November will be debilitating.     

Offline Gator

« Reply #1334 on: August 13, 2020, 06:14:31 AM »
Considering His disastrous record handling the coronavirus should we trust Trump?  Really?

Political rhetoric intended to deflect.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1335 on: August 13, 2020, 06:29:22 AM »

-  The world does not belong to American business.
    -  America is shifting to the left, which is to say it is focusing inwardly.

That latter point needs to be changed.  The critical battle is not within America, but our position in the world.  America first.  To the contrary, I assert a  Democrat sweep in November will be debilitating.     
The US is moving to the left for the most part.   

If we are forced to compete on a more level playing field in business we are going to be in trouble.  Our foreign policy often is designed to give us a huge and often unfair advantage over other nations.  Despite this, we are losing ground.

Fathertime! 

Online krimster2

« Reply #1336 on: August 13, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »
America's rise to be a super power was a by-product of WWII...
the world has changed since then

we don't NEED to be the world's super power
we can easily be THE regional power in the Western Hemisphere
let China have the rest, no need to fight them for it, let em have it

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1337 on: August 13, 2020, 07:54:40 AM »
The US is moving to the left for the most part.   

If we are forced to compete on a more level playing field in business we are going to be in trouble.  Our foreign policy often is designed to give us a huge and often unfair advantage over other nations.  Despite this, we are losing ground.

Fathertime!

Moving left is towards totalitarian government, moving right is throwing off tyranny.

2tallbill can correct you on terminology.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Offline Confederate

« Reply #1338 on: August 13, 2020, 07:56:50 AM »

Do you really believe a vaccine will be available on election day?  Maybe set up immunization stands at polling places with little round 'Saved by Trump' stickers?

If Trump were given the choice of releasing a vaccine today, without phase 3 trials he would do so in a heartbeat.

Fake news, false narrative.

Trump was called a "ray cist" because he wisely stopped flights from China.
George Orwell 1984

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1339 on: August 13, 2020, 09:41:56 AM »
Moving left is towards totalitarian government, moving right is throwing off tyranny.

The people's attitudes are more left than they used to be.  the government doesn't seem much different. 

Fathertime!   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1340 on: August 13, 2020, 12:13:32 PM »

Change in plans folks. After the Filipino Food and Drug Administration reviewed the newly released Russian vaccine, The president decided he won't take it first but take in next year in May after they do a phase 3 trail on it among the Filipino people. Phase 3 should  should be completed in April.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/duterte-skip-philippine-trial-russia-092348187.html

41% of Americans have depression due to pandemic. For those who want to tell everybody to sit home and hide, you're going to mess up the lives of the living just to prevent a few deaths.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-is-devastating-americans-mental-health-cdc-says-170026332.html

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1341 on: August 13, 2020, 03:03:52 PM »
Change in plans folks. After the Filipino Food and Drug Administration reviewed the newly released Russian vaccine, The president decided he won't take it first but take in next year in May after they do a phase 3 trail on it among the Filipino people. Phase 3 should  should be completed in April.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/duterte-skip-philippine-trial-russia-092348187.html

41% of Americans have depression due to pandemic. For those who want to tell everybody to sit home and hide, you're going to mess up the lives of the living just to prevent a few deaths.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-is-devastating-americans-mental-health-cdc-says-170026332.html

Any idea how things are going in Ukraine Billy?

The official stats reckon virus numbers have increased to around 1500 cases per day now.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1342 on: August 14, 2020, 10:08:03 AM »
Any idea how things are going in Ukraine Billy?

The official stats reckon virus numbers have increased to around 1500 cases per day now.

America has 7.5 times the population of Ukraine yet we have 125 times the amount of people in serious or critical condition due to COVID based on the data for nations below. America's hospitals aren't overloaded but Ukraine's hospitals don't have any room to take COVID patients, at least from my MIL's observation of Western Ukraine's hospitals.

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

A lot of governments are massively lying about the conditions within their nation. Even America under reports but not intentionally. Historians will estimate the death toll of COVID-19 not based on data supplied by governments but based on expected death toll and how much the world has gone over that expected amount.

http://finance.yahoo.com/m/170d7b1c-806c-3001-a8c2-34620a02803d/the-‘excess-deaths’-tally-in.html

Offline Confederate

George Orwell 1984

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1344 on: August 14, 2020, 11:33:35 AM »
Thoughts?

http://thenationalpulse.com/news/un-expert-says-covid-19-bioweapon/

Why not? Many nations do have biological weapons programs. Some pathogens have escaped in the past so why not again? Chinese labs allowed SARS to escape at least 6 times since it showed up on earth in 2002.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1345 on: August 14, 2020, 12:01:16 PM »
America has 7.5 times the population of Ukraine yet we have 125 times the amount of people in serious or critical condition due to COVID based on the data for nations below. America's hospitals aren't overloaded but Ukraine's hospitals don't have any room to take COVID patients, at least from my MIL's observation of Western Ukraine's hospitals.

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

A lot of governments are massively lying about the conditions within their nation. Even America under reports but not intentionally. Historians will estimate the death toll of COVID-19 not based on data supplied by governments but based on expected death toll and how much the world has gone over that expected amount.

http://finance.yahoo.com/m/170d7b1c-806c-3001-a8c2-34620a02803d/the-‘excess-deaths’-tally-in.html

How come this info isn't getting out into the online news sites. Surely if hospitals are packed out with Covid cases in Ukraine some news of it would get through?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1346 on: August 14, 2020, 09:07:47 PM »
How come this info isn't getting out into the online news sites. Surely if hospitals are packed out with Covid cases in Ukraine some news of it would get through?

I believe the media is more free in Ukraine than Russia but I do know there's questionable reporting by the doctors.  Although my wife's uncle has COVID, the cheap notoriously inaccurate made in China test kit they gave him said he was negative so he is not counted in nationwide count for cases.

Worldwide, I suspect there's a lot of national pride among medical workers and pressure for politicians to manipulate the numbers to protect their image and keep their jobs. Other times medical workers keep quiet otherwise they may fall out of windows like what happened in Russia. Nobody ever seems lucky enough to fall out of the 1st story window of a building.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1347 on: August 15, 2020, 04:47:18 PM »
I believe the media is more free in Ukraine than Russia but I do know there's questionable reporting by the doctors.  Although my wife's uncle has COVID, the cheap notoriously inaccurate made in China test kit they gave him said he was negative so he is not counted in nationwide count for cases.

Worldwide, I suspect there's a lot of national pride among medical workers and pressure for politicians to manipulate the numbers to protect their image and keep their jobs. Other times medical workers keep quiet otherwise they may fall out of windows like what happened in Russia. Nobody ever seems lucky enough to fall out of the 1st story window of a building.

Lol, that's funny Billy. I saw that an Olympic ice skater girl recently fell out of a window, I think she may have opened her mouth and criticised the regime. Anyway it was the end of her, seems that they have no scruples over how far they will go.

Well the 'official' Covid figures are up to around 1500 today so the official trend is upward. If the situation is even worse on the ground like you say Billy then they must be getting into a bit of a state out there. Surely it will all break out into the open soon as usually a real bad state is difficult to hush up for long. I'm guessing their mortality rate for Covid is also a lot higher than they state. Would be handy to see some more on the ground info. Think myself I will have to steer clear for the time being the prospect of ending up in some Ukrainian hospital with it is not an enticing one.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #1348 on: August 16, 2020, 06:08:25 PM »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Gator

« Reply #1349 on: August 17, 2020, 07:48:13 PM »
HERD IMMUNITY IS REAL

We all expect by the beginning of 2021 a safe vaccine or two or more will become available.  Effectiveness will be an issue.  As an alternative to a vaccine, albeit an undesirable alternative,  the COVID pandemic can be reduced to an endemic level if enough people become infected, i. e. herd immunity. 

It was originally thought that herd immunity would require infection of 70 percent of the population.  NY Times is reporting that scientists now believe "herd immunity probably lies from 45 percent to 50 percent" because people are not uniformly susceptible to the virus. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/17/health/coronavirus-herd-immunity.html?campaign_id=9&emc=edit_nn_20200817&instance_id=21332&nl=the-morning&regi_id=99411211&section_index=1&section_name=big_story&segment_id=36280&te=1&user_id=aac555ac0b5bc3dd685117e9d67533db

Considering the July and August high rates of new infections in the US and also the fact  that asymptomatic cases represent a high percentage of COVID infections, we may be closer to herd immunity than imaginable a short time ago.    It is believed such is already the case for some "pockets" of the world.  "In some clinics in hard-hit Brooklyn neighborhoods, up to 80 percent of people who were tested at the beginning of the summer had antibodies for the virus. Over the past eight weeks, fewer than 1 percent of people tested at those same neighborhood clinics have had the virus."  Something similar has been reported for Mumbai. 

If such is the case, the virus will be spreading more slowly in 2021 than what happened in early 2020.  Needless to say, we all prefer a safe, effective vaccine.  And who wants to live in Brooklyn?!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1970
Total: 1980

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM