It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Tribute to Jack Bragg - R.I.P.  (Read 36812 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Tribute to Jack Bragg - R.I.P.
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 01:42:54 PM »

I'm sure that Jack would have a real chuckle about how the numbers of Certificates on the left-hand side don't match up!

HAHAHA... thanks for pointing that out.  He's probably rolling right now.

Jack and I 'went at it' for quite some time, but I am happy we made peace, even if only in the form of tolerance long ago.

I did learn from him one thing.. - that it is impossible for opposing sides of a coin to reduce it's worth.

A nickel is a nickel, a dime will always be a dime regardless which side you choose to view it from.

We never met, but one day will, God willing not too soon.

Take care Jack.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 07:27:52 PM »

Never had any problems with Jack. We were on the same side most of the time especially when bashing bad agencies.

I never took it as Jack bashing other competitors. He truly wanted to get rid of the bad in this business for everyone's benefit. I've never read a complaint from a customer but read lots of recommendations. No matter if you hated his online personality, one has to respect that he does his customers good and that says a lot about his soul.

Anybody know what's going to happen with his business? Here is a link to it with Jack's words.

http://www.firstdream.com/

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SteveOR

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 06:34:19 PM »
Jack was a decent guy with a good heart.  A truly larger than life Texan who didn’t always translate well to the online world.  He wanted to help everybody even if doing so didn’t make him a dime.  He was genuine.

My last conversation with him was in May before I left for Ukraine.  It was a difficult call as he was hard to hear and sometimes struggled for breath.  His words painted a grim picture:  “in the hospital for more than two weeks”. . .”white cell count not good”. . . “they can’t give me chemo right now”. . .”maybe some stray cancer cells still in my system”.  And in spite of all of this what he really wanted to know was how my mother was doing with her own recent struggle with cancer.  Are her quarterly tests still good?  Is she still cancer free?  He wanted to know about my travel plans and if Val had found an apartment for me.  Ever the optimist, he said was that he would be out of the hospital in a couple of weeks and wanted me to call him as he would have access to his computer and resources and he would be able to help me more then.  I wished him well and sent my hopes for a speedy recovery.  Told him that I would be thinking about him.  I called as we discussed but only got voice mail.  I tried every couple of weeks after that but it didn’t surprise me that there was no answer.

My first trip to Ukraine was with on one of Jack’s New Year’s trips.  The first full day in Kyiv was bright, sunny, very cold with some blowing snow.  A lady who I had written to on Elena’s Models met me at the big Christmas tree at Independence square and we walked to a place for lunch.  While walking with her along Khreschatyk in the bright sun, blowing snow and the haze of my jet lag I saw what I was sure was a bear walking towards us in the distance.  As we got closer I realized that the “bear” was actually Jack lumbering towards us dressed in heavy winter clothes, Sorel boots and one of those big “Russian style” fur hats.  An imposing sight.  He stopped and introductions were made.  He was warm and friendly and respectful and asked my new friend all the right questions about her and her family all while smiling from ear to ear.  He wished her and her family a very Happy New Year and then resumed his lumbering walk down Khreschatyk and soon was again blurred by the blowing snow.  It was one of those brief encounters that leaves an impression and left us both warmer on such a cold winter day.

Those of us who were lucky enough to know Jack are better for it.  He was just that kind of guy.  I’ll miss him.  I’m sure that he’s in a better place now, hopefully with a good camera and lots of pretty ladies to photograph.  Rest in peace Jack and thanks. . .
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:36:37 PM by SteveOR »

Offline Valera Kiev

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 11:13:22 PM »
Jack was as my oldest brother. I always help to Jack take care about guys with many little and big things in Kiev. I still can't believe, that will never see Jack again...what a sad story.
Val Kiev

Offline XMan

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2013, 05:15:37 PM »
Deeply regrettable. 
I did not know Jack.  He always had a unique viewpoint.
R.I.P.

Online supranatural

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 02:11:15 PM »
I just heard this news from a friend of mine whom I'd met on one of Jack's tours way back in 2007 and came on this forum to see if there was any news.  I am greatly saddened to hear of his passing - I'd hoped to meet him one day but never got around to it.  We'd spoken quite frequently on the phone and the conversations were always interesting and stimulating. 

I would have not met my wife (we are celebrating our 5 year anniversary next week and I had planned to call Jack and let him know) if it wasn't for going on his tour and I am forever grateful for the tour he put together.  In fact, due to a mix up I'd missed the flight to Kiev to meet with his tour group for the tour and with some creative work and help of his staff and booking another flight a few days later I was able to get to meet the tour in Kharkov and eventually meet my (to be) wife.

Jack, I hope one day to shake your hand in heaven as I am sure that is where you are now...someone who was responsible for so many people getting together, IMHO, must have made it up there.  Rest In Peace my friend and may there be lots of RW to chase for you up there! (Jack had a lot of female UW/RW friends and was not embarrassed to admit it as far as I knew.)

Offline TwoBitBandit

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 05:27:14 AM »
I worked some with Jack Bragg years ago when I was just starting out.  He was always generous with his time on the phone with me, and his advice was great.  He always helped me solve my problems: getting flowers delivered to obscure places, renting flats, whatever.  He was a straight-up guy and always a pleasure to deal with.

We finally met in Kiev a couple of years later and spent time together just chatting.

I can totally understand SteveOR's comment:
Jack was a decent guy with a good heart.  A truly larger than life Texan who didn’t always translate well to the online world.  He wanted to help everybody even if doing so didn’t make him a dime.  He was genuine.

He was always so controversial on these fora, yet my own experience of him was nothing other than helpful.

Offline civi68

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 06:02:59 AM »
Although I never met Jack, I always enjoyed his posts. We emailed a few times. His comments and advice were always welcome. I remember a time when I corresponded with one of the women on his site. When she asked for money, Jack immediately looked into it and took her off of his site within days. He really was concerned about all of us and wanted us to succeed.

Offline Vaughn

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »
I am saddened to read of Jack's passing. We shared limited exchanges over the course of a few years. Perhaps there was none as colorful and passionate here in his contributions.

"But if you only met one, how will you ever know if she's the right one?"

I will never know, Jack, but I've never looked back.

Offline IAmZon

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 10:39:50 AM »
Jack lived boldly.  Life is fragile. 

RIP

Offline RacerX

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 06:48:29 AM »
Never come on these sites anymore, but just happened to find this...

Jack was a tough guy but one of the most honest and genuine people I've ever known...

He will be missed - rest in peace, my friend...

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2013, 10:40:44 PM »
I rarely read the board anymore and the first thing I saw tonight was this post.
I spoke with Jack at least twice on the phone. Even though I never used his services, he gave me his contact information should I need help in Ukraine. He seemed to be truly interested in helping guys out with their search for the right woman. From his posts he appeared to be very intelligent. He was too young to die. RIP Jack and thank you for offering your help.

Offline Patrick

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »
Same here Clyde.. I spoke to him several times on the phone. I for one had no problem with Jack. He was always nice to me. I came on today just to see what was going on and Damn got hit with this..RIP My Friend

Offline KenC

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 01:14:20 PM »
Wow!  I'm so sorry to hear of Jacks passing.  Jack was one of the GREAT "characters" in the Russian bride business and a LEGEND on the Russian bride forums.  He truly was a "mans man" and it is no wonder why the FSU gals were so attracted to him.  Love him or hate him, you had to admire his decisiveness, fortitude and HONESTY.  Jack's 59 years were action packed and full of experiences (not to mention women too)  I am proud to have been his friend and the world will miss him.  I know I will.  I would say RIP but whereever Jack is, I am sure he is chasing tail and having a party.
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 05:30:39 PM »
Double wow KenC..it's been a couple of years since your last posting visit.
Doing OK?

Karl
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline HiTech

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2014, 04:33:01 PM »
I just found out about Jack, I had met him many times at picnics he had every  April, and he was one of the first people I met ,before my first trip, when I started this adventure.

Goodby Jack.

HiTech
If you like aviation check out http://www.flyaceshigh.com

Offline st6devgru

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2014, 01:28:13 PM »
I have been off the grid for the past year and was not aware that Jack had passed away until today.  The last time we spoke he was in Texas recovering from Surgery.  Apparently his recovery did not go well.  I tried calling him recently and of course his number was no longer in service.  Tried his Facebook page which is still active and no luck there.  When I googled him today I came across his obituary.  It was a sinking feeling.  We never met but he was priming me to make a trip to the Ukraine.  He told me that I would do well there.  Like I said I dropped off the grid the past year and was sad to read of his passing.  I trusted Jack and thought he was the real deal and gave me the best opportunity to meet someone in the Ukriane.

Rest In Peace Jack,

Kent

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2015, 05:15:58 AM »
Somewhat late :

Didn't much go for Jack's photos but much enjoyed our banter.

RIP

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2015, 09:51:40 AM »

Bump

For newbies who aren't/weren't familiar with Jack's tips and service...start with his first post and browse backwards.
Lots of still pertinent info.....................................
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline smartcat

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2018, 10:14:47 PM »
Hello to all the oldies who still remember Jack.

In tribute of him - his birthday is today, November 7,  and he would be 65 - old enough, young enough.

5 years have passed, there s still that enigma of close people who passed away, you never believe it is for real.
I am sure there are many people here who knew him in real and who knew me (his right hand in Ukraine) and who were familiar with that epoch that is past now.

I have been truly missing Jack who was my good friend and a business partner. He was like a relative to me, an adventurer, a playboy, a sharp exploring mind (acting goofy sometimes:)), zest of life, full of emotions, very kind and generous. That is how I remember him and I hope some of you too.

I have been living in Canada for ten years and am totally back to my main UN education field... but a lot of pictures and episodes from my work with Jack got arisen in my memory today...
You are gone but not forgotten, good buddy, many can tell you thank you for happening in our lives!

Galina.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2018, 01:39:58 AM »
I spoke to Jack a few times on the phone. This about ten years ago. He seemed like a nice guy. He was what my mother used to called a "character." I like characters.

R.I.P. Jack!

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2019, 01:55:02 AM »
Jack was big, Huge even.He had an appetite and a heart to boot. He loved sports, especially basketball, he loved his Mom and was decimated by her passing. Jack Bragg genuinely loved Ukraine, its history, its culture, its food and customs, and oh he so loved the girls.
Jack drew many to him. His naturally effusive enthusiasm was contagious to nearly all who found themselves circling among and around Jack's orbit

Jack could be obstinate. Look only at his feelings about the OJ Simpson trial. Jack was NOT the reasonable person whom another reasonable person might find common ground. Jack's mode was Jacks Way or the highway. Interesting fact about that ...it is rare, indeed, to be able to find anything he took a strong stand on, to be wrong. It may, and probably will, be controversial, but that is far from wrong.

Jack loved ... a lot. He loved talking to people about subjects he found interesting. He loved the tours and working with guys to educate them and counsel them. Some will say he loved bashing his competitors ,,,, and he did. It was not of malice. He could easily forgive and resume working with people. For him it was usually done just for sport and on rare occasion it was because he stumbled onto information that proved, to Jack, that someone was behaving hypocritically. Jack had no tolerance for hypocricy.

I miss Jack. Miss him every day. We did not talk every day, but we talked a lot. Some were arguments. Some were admonitions....either to me or to him .... some were just casual sharing of our lives .... some, especially toward the end, were more meaningful ....and morbid.
Even tonight, he reached from the depths of his grave to grab my leg and cramp it to the point of agony and then led me to this site. A site I own. A site I haven't posted onto for some years ... and he makes me think .... about Jack. My great friend Jack. You were the best of them, and you were the worst of them, but I would not trade you for any 10 others of them. You are/were the best Jack. I will see you soon my friend .... I love you Buddy.
Dan

Offline jone

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2019, 02:09:01 AM »
Jack was big, Huge even.He had an appetite and a heart to boot. He loved sports, especially basketball, he loved his Mom and was decimated by her passing. Jack Bragg genuinely loved Ukraine, its history, its culture, its food and customs, and oh he so loved the girls.
Jack drew many to him. His naturally effusive enthusiasm was contagious to nearly all who found themselves circling among and around Jack's orbit

Jack could be obstinate. Look only at his feelings about the OJ Simpson trial. Jack was NOT the reasonable person whom another reasonable person might find common ground. Jack's mode was Jacks Way or the highway. Interesting fact about that ...it is rare, indeed, to be able to find anything he took a strong stand on, to be wrong. It may, and probably will, be controversial, but that is far from wrong.

Jack loved ... a lot. He loved talking to people about subjects he found interesting. He loved the tours and working with guys to educate them and counsel them. Some will say he loved bashing his competitors ,,,, and he did. It was not of malice. He could easily forgive and resume working with people. For him it was usually done just for sport and on rare occasion it was because he stumbled onto information that proved, to Jack, that someone was behaving hypocritically. Jack had no tolerance for hypocricy.

I miss Jack. Miss him every day. We did not talk every day, but we talked a lot. Some were arguments. Some were admonitions....either to me or to him .... some were just casual sharing of our lives .... some, especially toward the end, were more meaningful ....and morbid.
Even tonight, he reached from the depths of his grave to grab my leg and cramp it to the point of agony and then led me to this site. A site I own. A site I haven't posted onto for some years ... and he makes me think .... about Jack. My great friend Jack. You were the best of them, and you were the worst of them, but I would not trade you for any 10 others of them. You are/were the best Jack. I will see you soon my friend .... I love you Buddy.
Dan

Not too soon, Dan.   And remember, you have other friends on here.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2019, 04:32:34 AM »
I have had some writing Jack long time ago. It's necessary to say that even today i don't see anybody capable of replacing him.
He was totally trustable, with a good heart, hold his ground.

I would like to meet a guy like him and rely on him to make a tour. I would be ready today to sign with him. And that's a big applaud because for the ones who don't know me i made my own "tours" :P many times in FSU WMVM, VO and WAVM (write any visit many), and finally marry one.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2019, 11:03:10 AM »
I would like to meet a guy like him and rely on him to make a tour.
I would be ready today to sign with him.

I sent you a PM
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1976
Total: 1986

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM