It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: She's into Sport  (Read 8692 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
She's into Sport
« on: January 15, 2019, 07:54:10 PM »
Ok, so I've been in contact with a girl from Belarus. Now like many out there she seems heavily into sport. The give away I guess is most if not all of the stuff she says she's into are basically sports. So she's into Swimming, Cycling, Tennis, Jogging, Gym, and no doubt etc, etc is tge impression I get.

Now that on the whole is not the worst deal going. She looks like she has a stunningly fit bod for a girl around 30. She pretty, I would probably say at least a good 8 but happily probably not quite model problematic 9 or 10. I'm happy with that if I find there is chemistry.

However, while Sport has the advantage of being a relatively cheap activity to do and always handy to fall back on - I have to date only an occasional interest in it. Yes more sport would help me get to a better physic I want to get to quicker, but it's finding the time. Also for longevity I think most outdoor stuff would have to be kept to summer and indoor stuff for winter. So gym is fine as I already go, though want to more. Possibly something like Badminton in the winter. I'm not really any sort of Tennis player, I've got a very basic grasp of the game, it's not really something I am into, badminton I don't usually do but I was ok at it at school way back plus it's indoors. Cycling I'm fine with but need a new cycle or at least new tyres. Swimming I used to be good at as a kid but am well out of it now - it's something I wouldn't mind occasionally. She is probably near Olympic standard, lol.

So it's something I could potentially work with unlike Opera, Ballet or Theatre going. Personally I don't mind sitting if out through Orchestra, the occasional performance of one of the others is doable but I wouldn't want to do it regularly nor am into any of it, nor have any real knowledge of the whole scene. So sport compared to that while having to be on your feet is generally a better fit for me. I have more to contribute on it and I think for a relationship to work I would need some sort of genuine involvement in a girl's thing in life. The performing arts scene well it's generally easy enough to attend and sit there but I feel like a bit of a phoney and not suited to being in that scene much at all.

I guess what I am asking is how best to go about sorting myself out, positioning myself if you like in Sport?

Normally my thing is Architecture and Heritage. Heritage is fine but not many girls seem to have it as there one 'thing' it's more often a side interest and perhaps it is for me also. Architecture is really my main thing but if a girl had views that clashed with mine we probably wouldn't get on. Most people that are into Architecture have strong views so did a girl it's probably best to avoid trying to find one that is also into it.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: She's into Sport
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:51:13 PM »
Trench suggesting he'll 'adapt' to win a lady ...?  :ROFL:

If you spent half the time you waste 'theorising' into improving your attitude to women, in general... a woman might choose you - for your character ?....

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 09:44:21 PM »
Trench suggesting he'll 'adapt' to win a lady ...?  :ROFL:

If you spent half the time you waste 'theorising' into improving your attitude to women, in general... a woman might choose you - for your character ?....

Very funny Mobers ::)

I don't put out any bad vibe when I'm with a woman, I watch what I say. Forum talk can differ from real life.

That said there are guys out there like me who will never be 'Mr Personality' I don't try to be as it's just not me and know even if I did try it wouldn't work, you're either one of those types or you're not. Entertainer of the Year Award I'm not up for.

So I've got to make a compromise somewhere. Fashionista I have already had and that wasn't a goer, a girl who's thing is clothes shops and expecting me to pay isn't sustainable for me plus if she's into little more than clothes shopping it gets old fairly soon. I don't mind the odd clothes shopping and a girl looking good in a new dress but there's such a thing as too much of a certain thing.

So I'm generally looking for a girl who is reasonably pretty say a 6-8 and in reasonably good shape. A girl who is a bit of a tart so likes to wear nice dresses but is not a fashionista i.e takes it too far. If she keeps herself in great shape all the better.

So I can see how a sports girl might fit in if I can get with it a bit more on that scene. If not then longer term such a girl might search for a guy that fits that mode a bit more. Other than that it's a question of what other girl would fit. There are intellectual girls but some have careers and get caught up in their career and other issues.

I guess I could ask the girl if we were to do sport together during a week how it would go down?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 11:59:49 PM »
Trench,

I very much doubt you'll find too many folks would agree that your 'attitude' wouldn't raise it's ugly head ..IF you even got a date of two ...

You are wasting your time until you realise this

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 12:50:44 AM »
If at 40 these are not things you do regularly, it’s not likely you will in the future. So she is probably not the woman for you.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 12:55:54 AM »
+1...if he is already making excuses for not having enough time, then it won't last.

This is a guy who works the least hours he can possibly get away with and spends most of his time on here. How do the rest of us get by?

Offline Blighty

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 01:13:04 AM »
@Trenchcoat You need to find a woman with compatible attributes and interests,  rather than scoring them out of 10! Just think in terms of a 2 circle Venn Diagram. and determine your areas of intersection. It is not rocket science!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2019, 02:06:12 AM »
@Trenchcoat You need to find a woman with compatible attributes and interests,  rather than scoring them out of 10! Just think in terms of a 2 circle Venn Diagram. and determine your areas of intersection. It is not rocket science!

Thanks Blighty, good to see you're back. I was working a bit towards similar in my mind but your point about the diagram makes it a bit clearer. So for example she is into Swimming, I don't mind a bit of that, however many swimming baths in the UK also have Saunas, steam room & Jacuzzis where we could take some time out if we got on of course.

So finding areas where we can overlap is a good suggestion as sometimes I find women that have exactly the same interests far from adding to attraction tend to be more of a turn off. I think a bit of difference tends to make it more interesting otherwise it's like dating yourself or at least the female version of you. Too much difference though can mean you're like chalk and cheese so no good.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 02:08:59 AM »
+1...if he is already making excuses for not having enough time, then it won't last.

This is a guy who works the least hours he can possibly get away with and spends most of his time on here. How do the rest of us get by?

I work on my house at weekends. My job during the week allows me to text on my phone here & there. So be rest assured I'm on the go nearly all the time.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 02:13:16 AM »
If at 40 these are not things you do regularly, it’s not likely you will in the future. So she is probably not the woman for you.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

Unfortunately you could be right Boe, if she is competitive in outlook rather than leisure with no overlap of interests it could be a struggle long term. I can get into sport a big but there is only so long I find whacking a ball or whatever over a bet interesting. Now if she wears one of those nice short tennis skirts, hmm. .. :)

Offline Gator

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 08:20:48 AM »
TRench,

I am married to a very athletic RW.  Her school friends refer to her as "sport woman,"  because she excelled at any sport. 

Her first job was a professional gymnast for two years before she became a model.    In the Soviet economy at age 18 she made 3x the salary of a graduate engineer

I like sports, so one might think we would do sports together.   She does not consider golf, my favorite hobby, a sport.  Also, she gets hot in the Florida sun.  So we found other hobbies to share such as travel, hiking, antiques, flower gardening, ...

In other words, sport is not her life at age 53.  She stays fit - regularly working out at our club's fitness center such as yoga classes, etc. where she goes all out, doing impossible stretches.  In my youth, I would not be able to stay up with her.   

So perhaps you can find common interests with this new woman outside the realm of pure sports.  However, if your Sport Woman is really serious about sports, I have three suggestions: tennis or horses or downhill skiing.  Very few FSUW have the opportunity to pursue them because they are sports for the wealthy, so she should be intrigued.   

How to pursue this?  Determine if she would have any interest.  If yes, meet her,  and then plan a second meeting at a resort that teaches your chosen sport to beginners.  You need to take lessons in the UK before you meet her because If you are physically inept, she will quickly advance past you  and may find the instructors more interesting than you.   :o

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2019, 08:56:09 AM »
Reminds me of a couple I met in Phoenix some 20+ years ago. He was the typical American dude with money and she was arm candy to the max. On a scale of 1 to 10 she was off the charts at 10,000. She turned heads just by entering a room.

He liked rock & roll and off-roading in the desert with new pickup trucks. She was a trained and accomplished concert violinist. He laughed at, made fun of her passion, refused to attend her performances with the Phoenix Symphony (she landed that position almost immediately) because he found it boring. But he was confident that she needed him due to the fact that he had "rescued" her from her drab (what he thought) life in the FSU.

Surprisingly, their union lasted over 5 years but at Russian Club functions where I would speak from time to time the disillusion and unhappiness in her eyes was obvious to anyone paying attention.

A few years back I heard she is first chair and featured violinist in a large Symphony in the Pacific Northwest. She is apparently well paid, and obviously very talented. I imagine that she remarried because her beauty was uncommon even by FSU standards.

Acquaintances told me some time ago that he still likes rock and roll, will tell anyone who listens how he was used as a mule by a scheming bitch who didn't appreciate all that he had provided for her, and has apparently found someone from Columbia.

One can only hope that his new lady is not talented and that she likes pickup trucks.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 09:36:02 AM »
Reminds me of a couple I met in Phoenix some 20+ years ago. He was the typical American dude with money and she was arm candy to the max. On a scale of 1 to 10 she was off the charts at 10,000. She turned heads just by entering a room.

He liked rock & roll and off-roading in the desert with new pickup trucks. She was a trained and accomplished concert violinist. He laughed at, made fun of her passion, refused to attend her performances with the Phoenix Symphony (she landed that position almost immediately) because he found it boring. But he was confident that she needed him due to the fact that he had "rescued" her from her drab (what he thought) life in the FSU.

Surprisingly, their union lasted over 5 years but at Russian Club functions where I would speak from time to time the disillusion and unhappiness in her eyes was obvious to anyone paying attention.

A few years back I heard she is first chair and featured violinist in a large Symphony in the Pacific Northwest. She is apparently well paid, and obviously very talented. I imagine that she remarried because her beauty was uncommon even by FSU standards.

Acquaintances told me some time ago that he still likes rock and roll, will tell anyone who listens how he was used as a mule by a scheming bitch who didn't appreciate all that he had provided for her, and has apparently found someone from Columbia.

One can only hope that his new lady is not talented and that she likes pickup trucks.

That's a great contribution Mendy and exactly what I mean when say a performing arts/classical music would unlikely be a good fit for me. The more better known (famous) pieces of classical music usually like and I can sit through any Orchestra 'but' I'm not really into it like someone who has a thing for it. I would be deluding myself to even try and get deeper involved in it as it's just not my thing. The guy I the example you gave could have gone along but I don't think it would have made any difference - they were just two different types people that didn't suit each other from thd outset. He no doubt wanted a trophy wife, she got with him for some reason I guess. I'm thinking a comfortable lifestyle and advancing her career but she probably didn't do it with deceitful intent.

With the classical music/theatre crowd it does tend to be all or nothing, either an shared obsession with it or you're an outcast, lol. I know people go once in a blue moon just our of interest/day out, I have but I'm not really into it at all. I think it would be disengenious to get with such a girl and ultimately counterproductive and a bad fit from what I have experienced so far of meeting such women.

The sports thing is a bit of a different ball game for me so to speak. It's not an exact fit and if a girl is very full on with it not a close fit. It could be something I could bring in more in a leisurely basis. I know in the US in particular it can have its upsides, a kid who us good at Basketball can get on very well in high school upwards. He can get laid with hot cheerleader girls and if good enough get good money if he's good enough to make it as a pro. I was uite good at basketball at school in the UK but here there is not the money in it, prestige, girls or played nearly enough to be of much use.

I would kind of like to have a family where there was some kind of natural bent towards sport but not obsessively dominated by it. I guess with the girl if she is obsessively dominated by it then it could get a bit tiresome. Again if she was too full on with it I don't know if I would fit in with her. If the sport could be made into a leisurely pursuit and lead into relaxing stuff then maybe it could work. I think I'll just have to enquire more with her to see how it all stands.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2019, 09:48:20 AM »
Sports, hhmmm..Let's see, allow me to take inventory of my garage...

Brand new tennis rackets, full set of taylormade golf setup with never worn pair of FJ shoes, Hybrid bike (we use occasionally-thank goodness for small favors), rollerblades, surf/boogieboards (3EA), snowboard (hers-got rid of. still have her suit and compliments-used once), never used tennis machine, 2 EA Trikkes, hiking boots, sunglasses for every activity. Yoga mat/s. Camping gear and stuf, stuff, stuff...I know I'm missing a few more, but who cares..

That's just in the 'her side' of the garage. Dick's Sporting Goods store's inventory have nothing on us. I took her ice skating over the holidays at LA LIVE and she really dug that. Methinks I'm now in the market for ice skates. Hiking, boogie boarding, biking sort of stick in our recreational activity....but still.

She loves going to see the Lakers, Kings and now the Rams as much as going to concerts and broadway shows. Company have suites and tickets for all the entertainment venues in LA for business, so that part of it is great.

Luv wifey to the bone, but 'sporty' she ain't baby! Although trooper 'nuff she'll try anything. Yup, try she will, the evidence are in the garage and closets.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2019, 09:52:20 AM »
TRench,

I am married to a very athletic RW.  Her school friends refer to her as "sport woman,"  because she excelled at any sport. 

Her first job was a professional gymnast for two years before she became a model.    In the Soviet economy at age 18 she made 3x the salary of a graduate engineer

I like sports, so one might think we would do sports together.   She does not consider golf, my favorite hobby, a sport.  Also, she gets hot in the Florida sun.  So we found other hobbies to share such as travel, hiking, antiques, flower gardening, ...

In other words, sport is not her life at age 53.  She stays fit - regularly working out at our club's fitness center such as yoga classes, etc. where she goes all out, doing impossible stretches.  In my youth, I would not be able to stay up with her.   

So perhaps you can find common interests with this new woman outside the realm of pure sports.  However, if your Sport Woman is really serious about sports, I have three suggestions: tennis or horses or downhill skiing.  Very few FSUW have the opportunity to pursue them because they are sports for the wealthy, so she should be intrigued.   

How to pursue this?  Determine if she would have any interest.  If yes, meet her,  and then plan a second meeting at a resort that teaches your chosen sport to beginners.  You need to take lessons in the UK before you meet her because If you are physically inept, she will quickly advance past you  and may find the instructors more interesting than you.   :o

Thanks Gator, yeah I know what you mean. Problem is this girl is around 30 and looks in peak physical fitness :o. She works in a bank but seems to do sport all around outside of work, before work, after work, etc. I have photos of her posing during a cycle ride - cert lean & mean. I on the other hand like sport in a casual manner, I like trying new sports but tend not to keep them up for long periods. If I was with a hot girl like she is maybe I would kept it up for far longer :D Thing is I am hitting 40 and counting, I've suffered no serious injury in those 40 years or even minor injury, but I know even though not fat I am not up to heavily keeping pace with younger girls who are competitive in sport. So in many some sports I may look inept compared to her and I get the impression she would excel at most sports quickly.

Other stuff to do is worth a thought bug I kind of also get the impression that would have limited milage with her. I think in hef profile age listed some generic stuff but generally I get the impression she gets off on sport a lot. I'm thinking though it may be worth finding out more from her and whether I could make such a relationship work where both of us would be satisfied and happy with an arrangement.

Offline Gator

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 10:06:17 AM »

Brand new tennis rackets, full set of taylormade golf setup with never worn pair of FJ shoes, Hybrid bike (we use occasionally-thank goodness for small favors), rollerblades, surf/boogieboards (3EA), snowboard (hers-got rid of. still have her suit and compliments-used once), never used tennis machine, 2 EA Trikkes, hiking boots, sunglasses for every activity. Yoga mat/s. Camping gear and stuf, stuff, stuff...I know I'm missing a few more, but who cares..

That's just in the 'her side' of the garage. Dick's Sporting Goods store's inventory have nothing on us.

For sure you are a good sport, and so is she for trying. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 10:07:48 AM »
Sports, hhmmm..Let's see, allow me to take inventory of my garage...

That's just in the 'her side' of the garage. Dick's Sporting Goods store's inventory have nothing on us. I took her ice skating over the holidays at LA LIVE and she really dug that. Methinks I'm now in the market for ice skates. Hiking, boogie boarding, biking sort of stick in our recreational activity....but still.

She loves going to see the Lakers, Kings and now the Rams as much as going to concerts and broadway shows. Company have suites and tickets for all the entertainment venues in LA for business, so that part of it is great.

Luv wifey to the bone, but 'sporty' she ain't baby! Although trooper 'nuff she'll try anything. Yup, try she will, the evidence are in the garage and closets.

Yeah, that stuff can add up a bit but still at a more reasonable pace that a fashionista girl with a dress, dress, dress, etc, etc mentality. I love girls that dress up but fashionista girls have too much drive on that front for my wallet to satisfy and without satisfying that I find they have not very much too them or the previous girl did anyway. At least with a sports girl I'm not feeling like a walking wallet even if I am paying or putting up with the whining then a 'what do we do now' situation as girl has little in the way of past times other than clothes. If I was a rich dude that sey up may or may not bother me so much. Psychologically though I think I still may feel put out after a while and wonder if she really felt anything for me or just saw me as a walking wallet. Possibly a girl who was into sport might make me more inclined to stick it for longer and attain a deeper level on it I'm thinking. It may actually be a positive move for me now as I think of it.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 10:26:41 AM »
Yeah, that stuff can add up a bit but still at a more reasonable pace that a fashionista girl with a dress, dress, dress, etc, etc mentality. I love girls that dress up but fashionista girls have too much drive on that front for my wallet to satisfy and without satisfying that I find they have not very much too them or the previous girl did anyway. At least with a sports girl I'm not feeling like a walking wallet even if I am paying or putting up with the whining then a 'what do we do now' situation as girl has little in the way of past times other than clothes. If I was a rich dude that sey up may or may not bother me so much. Psychologically though I think I still may feel put out after a while and wonder if she really felt anything for me or just saw me as a walking wallet. Possibly a girl who was into sport might make me more inclined to stick it for longer and attain a deeper level on it I'm thinking. It may actually be a positive move for me now as I think of it.

I can't comment on your personal choices or disposition, but in my case, the very fact wifey did in fact gave her honest 'effort' diving into things so utterly alien for her were enough for me to embrace and appreciate more so than she'll ever realize. That's gold, man. She wanted to partake in activities she knew I enjoyed to the point she actually sustained injuries trying...

I, OTOH, cannot be anything less than what she's shown for me, no? That's what relationships are about. Everything else is, or should be, irrelevant.

As for immigrating expenses/provisions, IMO, doesn't matter what a person/gal's interests are, the petitioner (you) still have to face general living provisions whether you like it or not. Don't expect anyone to hit the ground running and start contributing to the household or at least fend for her personal self. Ain't happening unless she's a daughter of a royalty. Best not equate your selection process with your perception of how much money will someone would likely cost you when they arrive.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:17:47 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 11:13:17 AM »
Almost all women I met in the FSU had diverse interests.  My sportswoman wife enjoys Russian literature and music, and in high school won the medal for best reciter of Pushkin.  [On occasion she will rattle some Pushkin lines to me; I love the sounds even though I don't have a clue.]   

The important point - Her diversity of interests did not guarantee a shared world with me.  Our building a new life together depended upon both of us having the flexibility, openness, sense of adventure, and willingness to explore new worlds, just as GQ's wifey did with the one world of sports. 

If this Belarus woman is indeed a black-and-white thinker about her life of sports, she is not a good match.    Many of your questions could be answered in a few minutes of conversation without brainsprinkling on RWD pages.   
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:14:53 AM by Gator »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 11:30:47 AM »
I can't comment on your personal choices or disposition, but in my case, the very fact wifey did in fact gave her honest 'effort' diving into things so utterly alien for her were enough for me to embrace and appreciate more so than she'll ever realize. That's gold, man. She wanted to partake in activities she knew I enjoyed to the point she actually sustained injuries trying...

I, OTOH, cannot be anything less than what she's shown for me, no? That's what relationships are about. Everything else is, or should be, irrelevant.

As for immigrating expenses/provisions, IMO, doesn't matter what a person/gal's interests are, the petitioner (you) still have to face general living provisions whether you like it or not. Don't expect anyone to hit the ground running and start contributing to the household or at least fend for her personal self. Ain't happening unless she's a daughter of a royalty. Best not equate your selection process with your perception of how much money will someone would likely cost you when they arrive.

Thanks GQ, its handy to know that if its an area where ther is a possibility of genuine involvement and that it will be apprieciated and not seen as not up to scratch, that, that can work.

I don't mind footing the general living expenses and visa costs and don't mind her not working for quite some time, that is fine with me, I've got my head arounf that more now so it should all be good :)

However, a Fashionists girl that wants me to pay up for a load of clothes for her each week, month is just a no go for me, it would destroy my finances within a few months and ruin the realtionship making it a no-go. I don't mind spending out a bit of money on a girl but Fashionista girls seem to have little in the way of a cut off switch.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 11:36:31 AM »
Almost all women I met in the FSU had diverse interests.  My sportswoman wife enjoys Russian literature and music, and in high school won the medal for best reciter of Pushkin.  [On occasion she will rattle some Pushkin lines to me; I love the sounds even though I don't have a clue.]   

The important point - Her diversity of interests did not guarantee a shared world with me.  Our building a new life together depended upon both of us having the flexibility, openness, sense of adventure, and willingness to explore new worlds, just as GQ's wifey did with the one world of sports. 

If this Belarus woman is indeed a black-and-white thinker about her life of sports, she is not a good match.    Many of your questions could be answered in a few minutes of conversation without brainsprinkling on RWD pages.

I messaged a girl who was black & white about the orchestra, lol. Some girls unfortunately are and I think its why they are still single in the FSU despite looking hot. The fashionista girl I was with previous had an odd few other interests but nothing substantial enough to do together in the long term. We had talked of learning to dance together but I don't know if we were really that suited, efforts can be mad but sometimes there's a mismatch. I don't know yet about theis girl, she wants children and may be willing to branch out a bit on interests. I don't mind the sport side and can partake in some of it, I'm just hoping she isn't too hard core and full on that it determines for us that we ill suit each other.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 11:40:11 AM »
Trench get down the gym.  What are you offering these women.  Male pattern baldness and a pot belly.  Then you worry about losing her.  What does this gym fit 8 see in you except walking ATM.  Luckily for you fast gains are made at the beginning plus sport for 2 combined is great fun .  Lots of FSU women are educated and like architecture and all the things you like but the fit ones are fit because they are fit, go figure

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 05:29:03 PM »
Trench get down the gym.  What are you offering these women.  Male pattern baldness and a pot belly.  Then you worry about losing her.  What does this gym fit 8 see in you except walking ATM.  Luckily for you fast gains are made at the beginning plus sport for 2 combined is great fun .  Lots of FSU women are educated and like architecture and all the things you like but the fit ones are fit because they are fit, go figure

You're right James I need to re-double my efforts down the gym, etc. Fortunately I don't have male pattern baldness nor really a pot belly, I can have a slight belly but it comes & goes. I go to gym once a week at present, need to get it back to four. Need to add to my repatoire, badminton strikes me as the way to go, it's clean, the racquets are light, it takes place in the warm indoors and it's easy to get going in it. Plus the girl can wear some tarty gear and I an mess around :D If FSW like architecture I've yet to meet one where I am convinced of this. Having long term fitness spliced into my genes sound appealing :) I can see the point where a fit girl would want similar back and vice versa. That means even an occasional sports guy may need to step things up a bit in a long term realistic way I think.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 06:00:30 PM »
Don't worry about baldness. Plenty of FSU guys are clean shaven, including myself. Last year in Georgia while on holiday the Angel Princess out of the blue, as we were walking down a street, asked if I wanted to go with a clean shave look on top.

I know her like a book so while the idea was new to me, she had been thinking of whether to make the suggestion so I asked if we could think about it. That evening over dinner she assured me of her love and admiration no matter the decision so I suggested that we give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The next morning on the way to the beach we walked past a barber. I paused, turned around, and the rest is history. She loves my Bruce Willis look as I call it, and each time she retorts that I am better looking that Bruce. That is not even close to truth, but she loves me and that is all that matters.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2019, 06:52:28 PM »
Don't worry about baldness. Plenty of FSU guys are clean shaven, including myself. Last year in Georgia while on holiday the Angel Princess out of the blue, as we were walking down a street, asked if I wanted to go with a clean shave look on top.

I know her like a book so while the idea was new to me, she had been thinking of whether to make the suggestion so I asked if we could think about it. That evening over dinner she assured me of her love and admiration no matter the decision so I suggested that we give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The next morning on the way to the beach we walked past a barber. I paused, turned around, and the rest is history. She loves my Bruce Willis look as I call it, and each time she retorts that I am better looking that Bruce. That is not even close to truth, but she loves me and that is all that matters.

I don't understand it. If a guy has male pattern baldness, receding hair, greying badly, etc I could understand it since it avoids those obvious old man looks. For me though I still have a great full turf of brown hair like any guy in his teens or twenties. I get the hard man look like Jason Stratton but those guys are famous film stars. For me I would be loathed to lose my youthful full turf if hair to become a baldy when I'm not one to start with. It would kind of feel like adopting not only something which I'm not actually am but something that is often perceived as a major disadvantage in the west.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM