It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: There and back again.  (Read 12065 times)

Offline whynotme

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: There and back again.
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 10:10:31 PM »
Isn't it great to have more ladies contributing and offering THEIR perspectives? 

Especially when they are pouring honey all around  :P

Offline Dell

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 04:28:11 AM »
How they'll know that $2000 per month is a poverty here?   ;)
It's no matter how much money you make... husband files six numbers amount every year... but where're all that damn money?  8)
Btw, for many Russian women your lifestyle will be downshifting, but they'll recognize that only after marriage.

Whose making $2000 a month, and this is poverty where? Why would anyones lifestyle downshift?

Offline whynotme

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 04:43:06 AM »
Whose making $2000 a month, and this is poverty where? Why would anyones lifestyle downshift?
If I remember correctly , $24000 per year is a minimum for K1 petition. For Ukraine it is a lot of money,  but not for US. Downshifting means that the woman can't afford many things she had before in her country (I don't mean diamonds and brends).

Offline Dell

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 05:23:59 AM »
If I remember correctly , $24000 per year is a minimum for K1 petition. For Ukraine it is a lot of money,  but not for US. Downshifting means that the woman can't afford many things she had before in her country (I don't mean diamonds and brends).

I don't think people that are pursuing this endevor are in that finacal bracket. I know the meaning of downshifting. :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:49:37 AM by Dell »

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 07:33:25 AM »

K-1 minimums are $16,240 for the visa, $20,300 for visa and green card.

http://www.k1approved.com/k1-visa-tips/fiance-visa-income-requirements/
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 12:14:42 PM »
How they'll know that $2000 per month is a poverty here?   ;)

$2000 a month feels like poverty because you live in the Seattle area where cost of living is skyrocketing thanks to local government interference.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline osis

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2017, 11:15:12 PM »
Hello dell.Is that woman M.L in kharkov?because i had a similar experience.

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 01:05:27 PM »

More than likely, that is who it is. We have had several men state this same experience as well.
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Jumper

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 01:25:23 PM »
I don't think people that are pursuing this endevor are in that finacal bracket. I know the meaning of downshifting. :)

And I know of a  man ,mid 40's that had to have his father sponsor his wife as he doesn't meet the requirements.

Insult to injury, he has been back in the fsu wooing another woman, without telling his current wife.

She ,suspected something, and he has finally come clean that his plans are to divorce her and marry the new one.

That kind of stuff goes on way more than you think.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 10:21:46 PM »
he has been back in the fsu wooing another woman, without telling his current wife.

I guess his father can afford to sponsor more than one daughter in law?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline osis

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 01:24:37 AM »
Hi Hammer2722.The sad thing is while a guy ''advertised'' M.L. in this forum (that's how i found about her)nobody who knew warned us.

Offline Dell

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 05:59:48 AM »

Osis, If someone takes the time to read this forum, it's not hard to figure out who's offering introduction services in Kharkov.  Everyone should avoid anyone that offers introductions to FSW, stick with the website that is suggested on this forum and you will be alright. For me, I didn't waste a lot of money on KH services and it was a good learning experience for me. Mainly of what not to do, and what to watch out for in the future. 

And I know of a  man ,mid 40's that had to have his father sponsor his wife as he doesn't meet the requirements.

Insult to injury, he has been back in the fsu wooing another woman, without telling his current wife.

She ,suspected something, and he has finally come clean that his plans are to divorce her and marry the new one.

That kind of stuff goes on way more than you think.

This just goes to show you can find a good that wants to with you even if you make a little amount of money. :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:01:52 AM by Dell »

Offline wallm

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 06:18:51 AM »
Hi Hammer2722.The sad thing is while a guy ''advertised'' M.L. in this forum (that's how i found about her)nobody who knew warned us.

So, you used her services and you haven't said much about your experience. Why? Are you warning anyone? Perhaps you and Dell should write in detail about your experiences so others in future will know. I was warned privately by multiple people that she is a scammer.

Don't take what you read on this forum as gospel. Think for yourself.

Offline Dell

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 06:44:07 AM »
So, you used her services and you haven't said much about your experience. Why? Are you warning anyone? Perhaps you and Dell should write in detail about your experiences so others in future will know. I was warned privately by multiple people that she is a scammer.

Don't take what you read on this forum as gospel. Think for yourself.

Wallm, I stated my expereince with KH services in my first post. Did you not read it!

Offline wallm

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 07:18:34 AM »
Wallm, I stated my expereince with KH services in my first post. Did you not read it!

Yes, I read it. You think that is useful to newcomers in the future? You didn't name the scammer. What are you afraid of? Do the newcomers have to read through thousands of posts to figure out who that is?

Offline Dell

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 08:22:12 AM »
Yes, I read it. You think that is useful to newcomers in the future? You didn't name the scammer. What are you afraid of? Do the newcomers have to read through thousands of posts to figure out who that is?

I clearly stated in my initial post that everyone should avoid introduction services and here's why.  It doesn't matter if it's in Kharkov or Moscow... don't use them they're not worth it in my experience. If they stick to the list of websites that is suggested on the forum they will be fine. I think this should be stated on the starting out page. http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:46:45 AM by Dell »

Offline osis

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2017, 10:01:19 AM »

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:18:36 AM by osis »

Offline osis

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »
wallm i flew back from Kharkov late October so it's still fresh.It's not a scam per se where she doesn't deliver the paid services.She can claim that at the meetings  "it didn't worked out" "there was no chemistry" etc.So one must be very careful when accusing somebody else.Probably that's why you where warned privately.I'll post a trip report shortly.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:17:15 AM by osis »

Offline osis

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2017, 12:45:19 PM »
"stick with the website that is suggested on this forum and you will be alright"

Dell,i'll try them too.

" I didn't waste a lot of money on KH services and it was a good learning experience for me. Mainly of what not to do, and what to watch out for in the future."

Same here.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:47:19 PM by osis »

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2017, 12:49:48 PM »
I'll chime in as I've personally used the lady's service twice in the past, assuming we are all on the same wavelength. Admittedly, I didn't have any success in my search, but I can vouch that I felt like I had met some genuine ladies who, for the most part, were interested in meeting me and could hold a conversation and I had a positive experience in Kharkov. I would regard her and her husband as friends now.

Did I think I was overcharged on one or two things that I didn't think was reasonable? Sure. But I understand that although she's genuinely trying to find happiness for people, she's also a businesswoman. I do wonder how some of these guys that complain about $20 for someone's car and time have gotten so far in life. Not happy? Then discuss the issue or move on. Want to take an Uber next time? Tell her. Not happy with the first 2 ladies of the 4 you are due to meet? Address the issue and explain your position. When I hear the way some guys talk in restaurants, that may never have left their country before...about things like women, life, work...it truly baffles me.

One small example; when I was coming over the lady said to me "I have a perfect apartment for you, and its $70 a night." I replied: "no need, I found a great apartment on Airbnb for $50 a night." Her: "The apartment is brand new, you won't find as good on Airbnb. I can get you it for $55 a night, great location, here are the photos." Me: "Perfect, no problem, looks great."

I had 3 options: 1) Be polite/a sucker and take the first price. 2) Negotiate it down to what I thought a fairer reflection was. 3) Decide to get my own apartment, for a cheaper price, which I'd have had no qualms in doing.

You complain that she introduced you to her 'friends'. Would you rather she introduced you to some random ladies from Anastasiaweb? The service didn't work for you, utilise other options. Trust me, I've dealt with far worse in places like Kiev. It's all part of the experience and developing your independence. Know what works for you and when you are or aren't happy with something, say so. Kharkov is a great city with an abundance of amazing women and things to do.

Will I personally use her service again? Doubtful, now that I have a good orientation of Kharkov and other cities in Ukraine and I've been there enough times to spread my own wings. YMMV, but understand that this is one method of searching in your armoury and there are some people who have had good experiences, leading to success in their search. You can't criticise introduction services entirely based on a few days in Kharkov and meeting 4 ladies at last minute.

No need to be nasty on either side, but name the service and explain your considered position. The person has the right to reply, as do others that have used the service - whether positive or negative.

Offline Dell

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2017, 07:20:18 AM »
Did I think I was overcharged on one or two things that I didn't think was reasonable? Sure. But I understand that although she's genuinely trying to find happiness for people, she's also a businesswoman. I do wonder how some of these guys that complain about $20 for someone's car and time have gotten so far in life.

I don't care if someone wants to charge a $1,000 for a service, good businees etiquette is you give them full dissclore of all cost of services before they use it, not after. 

You complain that she introduced you to her 'friends'. Would you rather she introduced you to some random ladies from Anastasiaweb?

Someone KH introduced me to I found on a scammer site. I would rather be introduced to women who are looking for relationships, not friends helping KH make some money.

No one is being nasty. I am giving my experience, poeple can take what they want from it.

lyndontom, good luck with you search!:)

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2017, 11:35:31 AM »
I don't care if someone wants to charge a $1,000 for a service, good businees etiquette is you give them full dissclore of all cost of services before they use it, not after. 

Someone KH introduced me to I found on a scammer site. I would rather be introduced to women who are looking for relationships, not friends helping KH make some money.

No one is being nasty. I am giving my experience, poeple can take what they want from it.

lyndontom, good luck with you search!:)

Full disclosure works both ways; you ask what you're receiving and how much it will cost if you're unsure. If you're not happy, you make it known and prevent it from happening again, or you decide to go separate ways. Personally I didn't face any such problems, but I asked the full cost and breakdown in advance - having learnt lessons from other services in other cities, etc.

I never accused you of being nasty; I said you can express your opinion here and do so without it becoming so, as can the person in their response on both sides.

What is a "scammer site"? As has been said here time and time again, you will find disingenuous ladies on 'good' websites  and 'women who are looking for relationships' on websites that we regard at this forum as not especially favourable. Trust me, I've seen most tricks in the book in Odessa and Kiev.

I'm not here to actively defend anyone on either side or bash anyone either and I aimed to bring some balance to the argument, as I've used the service twice before; I don't have an active horse in the race.

Whilst I obviously went back for a 2nd attempt for some positive reasons, I also stated that I probably wouldn't use the service again. I agree that things aren't flawless, but I also think things can be blown out of proportion. People here will have positive and negative opinions to impart.

I'm not currently searching now, but thanks and same to you.

Offline LAman

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »

Careful if you find a women on scammer sites. There are plenty of men who were rejected or didn't get their money's worth who are quick to label a women a scammer. And you hear one side of story.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline JayH

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2017, 05:05:38 PM »
Careful if you find a women on scammer sites. There are plenty of men who were rejected or didn't get their money's worth who are quick to label a women a scammer. And you hear one side of story.

100%   reinforce these comments.
Jumping to a conclusion based on those sites is fraught with danger.
The huge majority of men who use sites, look at fsuw in all the variations available -- are not in the "normal" category themselves. Even on this site --everyday- there are posts from guys that need examination before their "story" or conclusions can be accepted .

I also support the view expressed in earlier posts about naming the alledged wrong doers and give them the right of reply -- and others to chime in with good/bad etc All to often-- there is 2 sides to a story.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Dell

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2017, 10:04:55 PM »
I clearly stated this in my first post...."I would like to warn users on this forum if someone is recommending a person that can introduce you to a good woman, and they have not used this service before, don't listen to them!"

We are all grown-ups here, you can do whatever you want. I am just suggesting if someone is telling you to use a service they have not tried before I would just take what they say with a grain of salt.

As humans, we learn more from our failures than we do from our susses. Even if you have a bad experience there's a lot to be learned from it.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1875
Total: 1886

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM