It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How to Visit Many without lying?  (Read 122188 times)

Offline brownbeard99

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
How to Visit Many without lying?
« Reply #475 on: November 29, 2018, 07:36:43 PM »
You are familiar with the Baader–Meinhof phenomenon, yes? Though it is likely to cause you cognitive dissonance.

http://www.gravityideas.com/thinking/frequency-illusion

Good luck with your relationship but you are blinded by cognitive bias. If you type "ukraine male model" into a Google image search you'll see what is common.

I was once mistaken for a priest on a train, partly because I had a beard at the time. Sadly no donations were forthcoming.
Great article. I think some folks on here should take a look in the mirror and consider this.  I did... that’s why I started actually counting every man I saw. Who else can make that claim?  And, as predicted... I knew someone would say I went to the wrong neighborhoods.  I have stayed in two neighborhoods by girls I met ahead of time.  There are no tourists here... no attractions... just mostly working class Ukrainians.

I know it’s futile trying to change anyone’s mind on this... just like they will find evidence to support that I don’t have a chance with Ukrainian women, based on my beard and personality.... Fortunately, the sexy, 25 year old Ukrainian girl with two graduate degrees who was in my bed less than eight hours after I entered the country, would say differently.

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #476 on: November 29, 2018, 07:37:56 PM »
Quote from: Boethius on Today at 01:17:44 PM

I recently returned from 2 months in Russia and Ukraine, with half that time spent in Kyiv.  I don't think you are correct on the beards.  I saw a lot of unshaven men but relatively few with beards (other than priests and monks), far less than among hipsters here.  Most of the bearded men I saw were foreigners.

- - - - - - - - - -

It doesn’t matter if you are remembering back about two years in Ukraine and Russia.  I am here now... and you are conflating what is going on in Russia.

My comment has nothing to do with beards.
Rather it is about reading comprehension.

Boe said she recently returned from 2 months . . . .
You then commented on what she remembered back 2 years ago.

Boe said she spent half of her 2 months in Kyiv.
You then commented that she was conflating what is going on in Russia.

Your written comments on Boe's posting remind me a lot of the Fake News that is presented constantly in USA.

i.e. A person states that it was sunny every day when they visited Miami in July 2017.

The Fake News then reports the person is hiding something and attempting to deceive because it rained almost every day in Seattle during July 2017.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #477 on: November 29, 2018, 07:40:32 PM »
BB-

Doesn't really matter who is wrong, right or whatever regarding your beard. You already made the point you're sticking to it so win/lose or draw, your call. Move on from that regardless what other people say about it.

Just have fun out there...don't mind any of us on the board for a while... :devil:

Thanks for your advice and support!

Yea, I’m taking a break from this place.  I got much needed advice from everyone over the past few years and I scored a big victory this week.

I’ll try to get that trip report posted in awhile...

Hopefully, I won’t need much here for awhile... until I start needing advice with the visa process.

Peace out!

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #478 on: November 29, 2018, 08:32:44 PM »
Great article. I think some folks on here should take a look in the mirror and consider this.  I did... that’s why I started actually counting every man I saw. Who else can make that claim?
I don't think you read the article or comprehended the content. Because you were consciously looking for men with beards you saw them. It's a cognitive bias. If you think about orange cars you'll start seeing them everywhere.

I was most recently in Kyiv less than a week ago (returning with close to ten pounds of sirok!). Reflecting on the people I met, shop assistants, staff in restaurants, people on the streets, etc. I wouldn't say 10% or more had beards as you claim. Some yes, but far less. I've been to Moscow, Odessa and Lviv and other cities in the last three months and it has been the same.

There is still a cultural propensity in Eastern Europe/Russia for men to be clean shaven, moreso than in the West.

ML - the OP is obviously a dishonest individual, whether or not he's being honest here is guesswork.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #479 on: November 30, 2018, 09:13:26 AM »
I know it’s futile trying to change anyone’s mind on this... just like they will find evidence to support that I don’t have a chance with Ukrainian women, based on my beard and personality.... Fortunately, the sexy, 25 year old Ukrainian girl with two graduate degrees who was in my bed less than eight hours after I entered the country, would say differently.

No one posted you didn't have a chance.  They posted there was a bias against beards.  I don't recall anyone posting anything about your personality.

So you met a girl approximately half your age, in an economically depressed country in a state of war, and, within 8 hours of first laying eyes on each other, she had hopped into your bed.  And you consider her marriage material.  At least we know why she didn't wish to introduce you to babushka.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 02:31:14 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #480 on: December 01, 2018, 04:18:14 PM »
So you met a girl approximately half your age, in an economically depressed country in a state of war, and, within 8 hours of first laying eyes on each other, she had hopped into your bed.  And you consider her marriage material.  At least we know why she didn't wish to introduce you to babushka.

So what are you saying is the score here Boe?

What is the girl in it for? Passport out of a potential war zone? or just free gifts? or a bit of fun? or would she consider BB for a permanent relationship with perhaps children?

Clearly she has some reason to be with him.

What about BB is he seeing her as a realistic prospect for a permanent relationship? or has mission creep set in with a situation that has brought up the prospect of some good fun and time out living another life for a while?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #481 on: December 01, 2018, 10:11:10 PM »
So what are you saying is the score here Boe?

Once again, Trench cannot grasp the subtle use of his native tongue...

Try READING Boethius' response and BB's post that elicited it ..

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #482 on: December 02, 2018, 08:12:02 PM »
My trip report is pending, but I thought I would close the loop on the whole saga with the duchess.

She sent me a text asking how it was going with the other girl on Friday afternoon. I told her “ok” and then asked her if she could go to the front desk if her apartment later on because I got her a couple gifts that I still wanted to give to her. Since we were staying in the same apartment building, I figured I could just drop it off.

She suggested that I just give it to her in person, then invited me to lunch at a place right by the apartment. The girl I was seeing had to work late and wouldn’t be by until 9:00 pm, so I figured, “Why not?”

So, when I entered the cafe, she was on the phone and put up her finger as to say “Just a minute”, so I sat there for five minutes while she finished.  She probably did it as payback for cancelling on her.

Anyway, she was drop dead gorgeous, just like her pictures.  She wore very nice clothes.. she had a mink coat and three rings with very large diamonds.  We had a great conversation and her English was much better than expected.  I really thought she was going to be a snobby primadonna, but she was very sweet and soft spoken... she was a class act.  She even offered to pay for lunch at the end.  When she reached in her wallet for money, I couldn’t help but notice a fat stack of crisp $100 bills next to her Ukrainian money. 

There is a mall and grocery store next to the apartments and she had some shopping to do, so she asked if I wanted to walk with her.  I had nowhere to be, so I agreed.  We spent a couple hours at the grocery store and some other stores.  She was really enjoyable to be with.  Again, very classy.

We finally finished and I walked her to her apartment entrance (she was one entrance away from me).  I have her a hug and said goodbye.

Ten minutes after I was back in my apartment, she sends me a text laughing because she forgot to get bottled water at the convenience store attached to out apartment.  I asked her if she wanted me to walk with her again to go get it.  She said no, and asked if I wouldn’t mind picking it up and bringing it back to her apartment.  I agreed.

I was really impressed with her apartment. The furniture was beautiful, as was the wallpaper and very nice woodwork and custom cabinetry.  She had some nice kitchen gadgets... her espresso maker is like $1,000 in the US (I almost bought the same one last year).

Anyway, in return for bringing her water, she cooked up a batch of this warm wine with fruit and spices (I forget what it is called).  We drank the wine together and she also fed me this dish she made with cheese and raisins. 

We were enjoying the conversation so much that she offered to make another batch of wine.  We drank that and she started giving me “advice” about how this other girl is all wrong for me and how I need a real woman.  She then told me she also had a date at 9 pm. She showed me a picture of the guy and asked to see my date.  I refused and she got upset... I was too nervous about her approaching this girl outside the apartment.

I finished my wine and saw it was getting close to 9 pm, so I told her I had to go.  She walked down with me (said she needed something at the store). I suspect she wanted to see the competition...

She sent me a couple texts after that, but I never saw her again...

If anyone is looking to meet a beautiful, classy rich girl, I know one in Ukraine...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #483 on: December 02, 2018, 08:21:04 PM »
She even offered to pay for lunch at the end.  When she reached in her wallet for money, I couldn’t help but notice a fat stack of crisp $100 bills next to her Ukrainian money. 

You didn't let her pay did you? Never let a woman pay for the meal.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #484 on: December 02, 2018, 08:27:59 PM »
You didn't let her pay did you? Never let a woman pay for the meal.
Of course not!

She paid for all her shopping errand stuff though.  When I grabbed the bottles water for her, I also paid for that.

Offline jone

« Reply #485 on: December 02, 2018, 09:48:43 PM »
My trip report is pending, but I thought I would close the loop on the whole saga with the duchess.

She sent me a text asking how it was going with the other girl on Friday afternoon. I told her “ok” and then asked her if she could go to the front desk if her apartment later on because I got her a couple gifts that I still wanted to give to her. Since we were staying in the same apartment building, I figured I could just drop it off.

She suggested that I just give it to her in person, then invited me to lunch at a place right by the apartment. The girl I was seeing had to work late and wouldn’t be by until 9:00 pm, so I figured, “Why not?”

So, when I entered the cafe, she was on the phone and put up her finger as to say “Just a minute”, so I sat there for five minutes while she finished.  She probably did it as payback for cancelling on her.

Anyway, she was drop dead gorgeous, just like her pictures.  She wore very nice clothes.. she had a mink coat and three rings with very large diamonds.  We had a great conversation and her English was much better than expected.  I really thought she was going to be a snobby primadonna, but she was very sweet and soft spoken... she was a class act.  She even offered to pay for lunch at the end.  When she reached in her wallet for money, I couldn’t help but notice a fat stack of crisp $100 bills next to her Ukrainian money. 

There is a mall and grocery store next to the apartments and she had some shopping to do, so she asked if I wanted to walk with her.  I had nowhere to be, so I agreed.  We spent a couple hours at the grocery store and some other stores.  She was really enjoyable to be with.  Again, very classy.

We finally finished and I walked her to her apartment entrance (she was one entrance away from me).  I have her a hug and said goodbye.

Ten minutes after I was back in my apartment, she sends me a text laughing because she forgot to get bottled water at the convenience store attached to out apartment.  I asked her if she wanted me to walk with her again to go get it.  She said no, and asked if I wouldn’t mind picking it up and bringing it back to her apartment.  I agreed.

I was really impressed with her apartment. The furniture was beautiful, as was the wallpaper and very nice woodwork and custom cabinetry.  She had some nice kitchen gadgets... her espresso maker is like $1,000 in the US (I almost bought the same one last year).

Anyway, in return for bringing her water, she cooked up a batch of this warm wine with fruit and spices (I forget what it is called).  We drank the wine together and she also fed me this dish she made with cheese and raisins. 

We were enjoying the conversation so much that she offered to make another batch of wine.  We drank that and she started giving me “advice” about how this other girl is all wrong for me and how I need a real woman.  She then told me she also had a date at 9 pm. She showed me a picture of the guy and asked to see my date.  I refused and she got upset... I was too nervous about her approaching this girl outside the apartment.

I finished my wine and saw it was getting close to 9 pm, so I told her I had to go.  She walked down with me (said she needed something at the store). I suspect she wanted to see the competition...

She sent me a couple texts after that, but I never saw her again...

If anyone is looking to meet a beautiful, classy rich girl, I know one in Ukraine...

I'm sure you know it doesn't work like that:

I was corresponding with a great gal in Ukraine but had made up my mind that I liked another woman more.  I broke it off as gently as I could and still maintain contact with her.  However, I offered to introduce her to a friend of mine and she is mortally offended.   

To put it bluntly, she said her relationship was with me, and she would not be interested to date my friend.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2018, 09:45:46 PM »

The drink was probably Ukrainian Kompot or Compote and it is non-alcoholic.

The cheese was Syrniki which is like Farmer's cheese in USA (but not easy to find) and a cousin of Ricotta  cheese.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2018, 09:48:22 PM »
I would say you made a big mistake in spending this time with the duchess.

Your current gal is sure to find out about it (you will probably even tell her). 
She will never forgive you and will throw it up to you for eternity.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #488 on: December 05, 2018, 03:17:47 AM »

The cheese was Syrniki which is like Farmer's cheese in USA (but not easy to find) and a cousin of Ricotta  cheese.

I would think it was Glühwein as german calls it or in English mulled wine(?) (google helped me here)

I been treated to this several times in the wintertime in Ukraine, here in Sweden we add raisins and almonds and it's a typical Christmas drink, heated to perfection.

In Ukraine they seem to add other types of fruits, at least in 3 different homes this has been offered, so it's not just something local. But I have no idea what they call it there, here it's "Glögg"

Wikipedia says Russian calls it: глинтвейн

This post was composed with the help of google and wikipedia
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #489 on: December 05, 2018, 05:03:12 AM »
Never had warm sangria so methinks mulled wine. Cinnamon or maybe even nutmeg with a dose of apple/apple juice.

<snip>...Anyway, she was drop dead gorgeous, just like her pictures....

She even offered to pay for lunch at the end.  When she reached in her wallet for money, I couldn’t help but notice a fat stack of crisp $100 bills next to her Ukrainian money...

Why am I thinking ‘Trenchcoat’?  Might you mention if she’d consider U.K.?

Anyway, based on how you’ve become a feline tamer in Ukraine, it appears to me another peanut gallery tale is dispelled. Beard may soon find its popularity there sooner than later
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #490 on: December 05, 2018, 08:22:36 AM »
I don’t know what you call the drink, but I know it has alcohol in it.

She made it in front of me and we finished off two bottles of Italian red wine in the process.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #491 on: December 05, 2018, 10:42:32 AM »

I've had the same hot wine with fruit and spices. It was suggested by others
on the forums that it was Compote but it wasn't. I can't remember the name
either.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #492 on: December 05, 2018, 01:27:26 PM »
I can't remember the name either.
Nightwish is correct, it’s glintvein (глинтвейн), commonly referred to as glint (глинт). 

It's always made with a sweet wine (I've seen port and muscat used), and is lit on fire the first time, before drinking,  At parties, at some point, someone will pour a bottle of vodka into it, surreptitiously.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:54:22 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #493 on: December 05, 2018, 03:46:49 PM »
We drank that and she started giving me “advice” about how this other girl is all wrong for me and how I need a real woman.  She then told me she also had a date at 9 pm. She showed me a picture of the guy and asked to see my date.  I refused and she got upset... I was too nervous about her approaching this girl outside the apartment.

Good for the other girl that you didn't show her photo. The duchess would probably have her tracked down and daddies 'friends' fix her up with a nice new pair of concrete shoes :ROFL:

She seems a pretty sharp operator that one.

Definately seems from your description she is among the wealthiest social group in Kiev society. One wonders what goes on behind the scenes to fund all of that lifestyle!
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #494 on: December 05, 2018, 04:38:10 PM »
Nightwish is correct, it’s glintvein (глинтвейн), commonly referred to as glint (глинт). 

It's always made with a sweet wine (I've seen port and muscat used), and is lit on fire the first time, before drinking,  At parties, at some point, someone will pour a bottle of vodka into it, surreptitiously.

She used dry red wine and added honey and sugar.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #495 on: December 05, 2018, 05:50:13 PM »
It’s still glint.

Either:
(a) she couldn’t find the proper wine and hence, used a cheap dry wine which she enhanced; or
(b)  she’s a hick.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #496 on: December 05, 2018, 06:02:37 PM »
It’s still glint.

Either:
(a) she couldn’t find the proper wine and hence, used a cheap dry wine which she enhanced; or
(b)  she’s a hick.

I doubt it's b). I doubt a hick would spend $1k on an espresso machine particularly in Ukraine. That would probably make most Ukrainian folk stomachs churn at how much money was spent on just one object, where even a fraction of that money they could sorely do with.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #497 on: December 05, 2018, 06:06:05 PM »
You prove yet again you don’t understand Ukrainian or their mentality.

Offline brownbeard99

« Reply #498 on: December 05, 2018, 08:56:52 PM »
I can’t believe we are having this discussion about the type of wine or the recipe. She told me the recipe explicitly calls for dry red wine. We went to a nice store with a very extensive wine selection and she picked out two bottles specifically to make this recipe.

I haven’t really been talking to her (I have another girl), but I will see if I can get her to tell me what the name of this wine drink is. 

She didn’t come across as a hick at all... more like a debutante.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #499 on: December 06, 2018, 12:05:02 AM »
Mulled wines (glintvein in the FSU, known by other names in other countries), which is what you were served, is generally made with cheap wine because the spices and fruits added mean the undertones, the body, of a good wine, will be lost.  The best wines to use for glint are fruity and unoaked. 

Buying an expensive wine for glint is to show off, and in Ukraine, that screams hick.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:18:25 AM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1879
Total: 1890

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM