It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 445474 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Some real bad economic news out today for the UK, a MASSIVE drop in the economy in April:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53019360

I think the government made a big mistake not keeping people at work with social distancing measures but instead paid for them to be out jogging around the block.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Bargain to be had today, houses to be snapped up for €1 in Italy:

I notice you're still using amp hyperlinks to crappy tabloids with a reading age of nine yrs old...

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 02:54:35 AM by msmob »

Offline BC

I notice you're still using amp hyperlinks to crappy tabloids with a reading age of nine yrs old...

He also fails to understand that selling abandoned houses in the US for a dollar was a 'thing' in the 80's and in other countries to promote restoration of city areas long neglected.  Has nothing to do with the economy or virus.

Ol' Trench, trying again to make himself feel better by attempting to find fault in others.

Offline msmob

http://metro.co.uk/2020/06/12/coronavirus-seasonal-may-spread-easily-winter-12841904/

Another theory that may hold merit, but the Rep of Georgia is in the Caucuses..

Is Texas cold at the mo?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦

I didn't want to make it too difficult a task for you old man ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
He also fails to understand that selling abandoned houses in the US for a dollar was a 'thing' in the 80's and in other countries to promote restoration of city areas long neglected.  Has nothing to do with the economy or virus.

Ol' Trench, trying again to make himself feel better by attempting to find fault in others.

I never said it did, I just said it was Covid free, if anything a reason for it to go for more than a €1.

There seems to be other cases of this recently in Italy to regenerate areas falling short in population. Just think it could be a cheap way to get a holiday property in the sun in a picturesque area abroad. A FSW would be impressed and be none the wiser :D

Offline msmob

A FSW would be impressed and be none the wiser

..and there you have it ... 

She'd only be impressed so long ..( then discover your misogyny)  ..and you think 'getting her up the duff' will keep her .. :wallbash: )

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
http://metro.co.uk/2020/06/12/coronavirus-seasonal-may-spread-easily-winter-12841904/

Another theory that may hold merit, but the Rep of Georgia is in the Caucuses..

Is Texas cold at the mo?

I don't think it's seasonal, it's more to social distancing that numbers have decreased for the moment in western Europe.

It is interesting how Eastern Europe has been less affected so far, but then that may be about to change:

http://www.intellinews.com/coronavirus-infections-in-ukraine-set-daily-record-of-689-cases-185260/

Good to enough link for you Mobe? ;)

Also apparently President Zelensky's wife has caught the virus.

Offline BC

Just think it could be a cheap way to get a holiday property in the sun in a picturesque area abroad. A FSW would be impressed and be none the wiser :D

Irrelevant.  Even at 1 EUR you can't afford it.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Trenchcoat is 'more' right than wrong about Italy's economic state. Even before the pandemic, Italy's economy is basically dead on the water. Its economic state by 2024 is projected to be even lower than it was back in 2007.

EU bailing them out will be very limited, if any. Italy's debt at 130% of its GDP is catastrophic, and with the prospect of dimmer recovery due to the pandemic, they're in for a very steep climb to just be in the same 2007 level.

Hence, the Chinese dependency.

http://econlife.com/2020/03/6-facts-on-the-italian-economy/
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

Trenchcoat is 'more' right than wrong about Italy's economic state.

Trench supports 'Brexit' ..that makes him an IDIOT ..

Even before the pandemic, Italy's economy is basically dead on the water. Its economic state by 2024 is projected to be even lower than it was back in 2007.

The UK has already regressed over 20% ... Italy will still be in THE biggest trading block, while clueless BoJo attempts to help those betting short on a huge GBP collapse and has confirmed 'no extension of transition' and crashing out of the EU ,, despite the pleas of Commerce and Industry and the objections of Scotland, Wales and N;.reland

Trench's property will crash in value

EU bailing them out will be very limited, if any. Italy's debt at 130% of its GDP is catastrophic, and with the prospect of dimmer recovery due to the pandemic, they're in for a very steep climb to just be in the same 2007 level.

I wish Sandro was around... I feel quite sure, he'd be putting your right ..  EVERYONE is in for a steep curve, given the layoffs and plant closures.

Now, I get it .. you're quoting from a 3-month old article ..

China is a big player in the UK economy .. funding major infrastructure protects like nuke power stations ..in fact the UK was THE biggest recipient of Chinese investment, last year.

Your 'expertise' on things Europe always astounds ..

Offline Gator

If over half of UK's voters are idiots, there is no hope for UK's future.   From where will the creativity, individual initiative,  communication, problem solving, competitive drive, etc. derive needed to make UK a leader among nation?   

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
destroy everything you touch, today
join me
this way
everything you touch

Confederate, old friend!
look here’s some advice!
throw out ALL your old underwear!!
the ones with the “off-color” bottoms
you know what  I mean...
and get brand new underwear!

yes!
NOW, you’re too sexy for your hat,
too sexy for your hat
whatcha think about that?

are you too sexy for your shirt?
too sexy for your shirt?
So sexy it hurts?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 01:11:39 PM by krimster2 »

Offline GQBlues

Funny....

My post said:

>>Trenchcoat is 'more' right than wrong about Italy's economic state.1 Even before the pandemic2, Italy's economy is basically dead on the water. Its economic state by 2024 is projected to be even lower than it was back in 2007.

EU bailing them out will be very limited, if any. Italy's debt at 130% of its GDP is catastrophic, and with the prospect of dimmer recovery due to the pandemic, they're in for a very steep climb to just be in the same 2007 level.3

To which the usual suspect, despite the post having nothing to do with him, said:

The UK has already regressed over 20% ... Italy will still be in THE biggest trading block, while clueless BoJo attempts to help those betting short on a huge GBP collapse and has confirmed 'no extension of transition' and crashing out of the EU ,, despite the pleas of Commerce and Industry and the objections of Scotland, Wales and N;.reland

Trench's property will crash in value

He talked about 'Brexit', Boris Johnson, the UK, Scotland, Wales, a sheep pasture, trenchcoat's property value.....

Then, in the end, he said: 
Your 'expertise' on things Europe always astounds ..

:ROFL:

It's really is clinical, folks! He just can't help it. It's beyond hope.

I wish Sandro was around... I feel quite sure, he'd be putting your right ..  EVERYONE is in for a steep curve, given the layoffs and plant closures.

Well, FWIW...simply having Sandro around would be wonderful, period! May he rest in peace...

Now, I get it .. you're quoting from a 3-month old article ..

SURPRISE!!! What gave it away from my post? When I said "even BEFORE the pandemic"? LMAO!

China is a big player in the UK economy .. funding major infrastructure protects like nuke power stations ..in fact the UK was THE biggest recipient of Chinese investment, last year.

It was about ITALY, 'homes...I-T-A-L-Y!!! Are you okay? All faculties functioning?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 01:30:17 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

If over half of UK's voters are idiots, there is no hope for UK's future.

I'd agree

From where will the creativity, individual initiative,  communication, problem solving, competitive drive, etc. derive needed to make UK a leader among nation?   

Good question ... IF you knew.. most financial institutions have been moving key staff to Ireland, Germany Luxembourg ..and even 'Brexiteers' have been busy opening offices in ( say ) Dublin )  or Germany to prove they are full of it ..

Offline Gator

Good question ...most financial institutions have been moving key staff to Ireland, Germany Luxembourg

Why would these countries accept someone with a 50% probability of being an idiot?   ;D

Online krimster2

bunker Art

in the floor above my bunker...
out in the sunlight
a barely remembered Texas summer

tomorrow....

I have to leave the bunker
to fetch groceries ordered for
curbside pickup...
I leave an envelope with a tip
for the person who loads it into the back of my wife’s Acura (now armor plated!)
and I do this once per week

then,
I go to the hardware store
and buy wire, nails, motion sensing lights, more rechargable battery’s, lights
and also go to the closest sporting good store once per week
and buy the maximum limits of ammo
and keep stockpiling 9mm, 22 LR, 38 special/357

debating whether or not I should do things
like buy 10,000 high quality BIC lighters
and put them in long term sealed storage for two years
and then sell them for a HUGE profit or trade

I’ve made a few good silver deals lately!
when will precious metal refinery’s open again?

15 KW Generac on its own concrete pad
gives me two freezers and one full refrigerator with 100 % guaranteed power with HVAC and lighting, internet and TV and 24/7 Security Monitoring!!
automatic switch to power from natural gas during extended blackouts
takes a couple of seconds to boot on/off
almost maintenance-free

fire-proof roof, tile with with underlying insulation/retardant material
next up is shatter-proof armored windows
and then new reinforced door frames
and new steel doors

followed by a multi-floor fire protection system

this is called being at least semi-prepared
will have a minimum of 6 months of food, but probably closer to a year's worth, six months from now
a LOT of supply chains are gonna snap

I'm expecting huge riots over things like food, massive looting and fires
it will be dangerous to leave your house during this period

last week, when I was driving in downtown Houston
I saw a huge group of protestors
and I decided to drive around them!!
but it was a crowd of thousands!

imagine this many people coming at you at once
and they're armed with baseball bats, knives, guns
and molotov cocktails

but that could never happen...

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:11:00 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
That's some great artwork Krim :)

Anyway, bad news for Italy and possibly the rest of us today:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/06/13/italys-covid-19-cases-rise-again-infections-throughout-the-country/amp/

More amp stuff for you Mobers, I know how you love it ;D

This news means that from when lockdown started to be eased their cases went up. That means their easing of lockdown didn't work in getting the economy back on track while keeping infection rate below R. Their official numbers might have suggested they were but they were wrong. There is some big pointers here on what our gov needs to do to avoid the same. Essentially we should be looking to go a lot more gingerly with easing lockdown than what we are. We should immediately curtail all social gatherings and focus like a laser on just getting the economy up and running, that is most important.

Italy is essentially finished, their debt to GDP ration was dangerous close to being too much to stand any chance of repayment before the crises. Now it will be so high and their economy so weakened as to be impossible for them to repay. The EU will be unable to help Italy, they have their own debt and won't have the scope to bail Italy out, unlike Greece, Italy will be too big of a problem to bail out. Italy will have no option other than to default on its debt, declare bankruptcy and move on that way. The won't get any more credit and so will be forced into severe cuts in their budget. It's not going to be a pretty sight out their apart from the picturesque views from many €1 homes.

If Ukrainian girls will be getting desperate just think of the level Italian girls will have to go to, to get a few coppers in!

Offline BillyB

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
New cases in China:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-53034924

Apparently after 50 days of no sign of virus and linked to a wholesale market. If this is a new source then it might help explain how the virus started.

Online krimster2

the American economy is crashing
the federal reserve is giving banks unlimited loans at almost zero percent cost
and it has bought most of the top 6 tech stocks to keep the market prices up
and to keep all asset prices up
I am going to try and sell one of my rental properties for about 10% off peak
this was a foreclosure HUD property I bought in 2008 for $89,100 at auction  + closing costs and spent about 20K in renovations
until recently this house rented for $2,000 per month
and property tax/insurance came to about $400 per month
with a 90% occupancy rate, this property paid for itself in under 7 years
while appreciating in price all the way to $300,000 now
if I sold at this price, I could net 150 OZ of GOLD!!
and bury this sh^t in the forest
with that kinda coin, I could get into ANY kinda post crash economy I want to
and when “law and order” starts to break down
there will be “many new opportunities” for opportunists with some coin
who are keen to the changes in the wind
and what future events these changes foretell

but it will be hard and brutal for many
in the days to come

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
the American economy is crashing
the federal reserve is giving banks unlimited loans at almost zero percent cost
and it has bought most of the top 6 tech stocks to keep the market prices up
and to keep all asset prices up
I am going to try and sell one of my rental properties for about 10% off peak
this was a foreclosure HUD property I bought in 2008 for $89,100 at auction  + closing costs and spent about 20K in renovations
until recently this house rented for $2,000 per month
and property tax/insurance came to about $400 per month
with a 90% occupancy rate, this property paid for itself in under 7 years
while appreciating in price all the way to $300,000 now
if I sold at this price, I could net 150 OZ of GOLD!!
and bury this sh^t in the forest
with that kinda coin, I could get into ANY kinda post crash economy I want to
and when “law and order” starts to break down
there will be “many new opportunities” for opportunists with some coin
who are keen to the changes in the wind
and what future events these changes foretell

but it will be hard and brutal for many
in the days to come

Almost complete meltdown is likely in many countries economies I think. Retail shops have started opening here in the UK today, big queues outside & Boris has been urging people to go out and spend to aid the economy. I think a lot of the damage has been done and now it's a case of waiting to see how far and how deep it will go on for. I'm somewhat fortunate so far as being in a sector not so susceptible to economic trade. However, even I would not change count my chickens as economic woes can hit anyone in many ways.

Offline fathertime

Well after dodging the bullets of coronavirus for this long, the family has been struck.  Mother in law caught the virus and is battling it in Colombia. 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

FT-

I hope your MIL gets well...and soon!

Offline BillyB

Well after dodging the bullets of coronavirus for this long, the family has been struck.  Mother in law caught the virus and is battling it in Colombia. 

Fathertime!

Hope she gets well. Do you know how bad it is in Columbia? What kind of treatment is your MIL getting in the hospital if they even have room for her?  The closest it hit home for me is my step father's sister in law passed away from the virus.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541317
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3934
Most Online Ever: 12701