It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Prospects for Crimea return  (Read 42322 times)

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Prospects for Crimea return
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2017, 04:07:50 PM »
A summary of events. It is worth revisiting what did take place -- to this day we still see people that take pieces of discredited Kremlin propaganda and trot it out as a historic fact !
Quoting-
"Feb. 22, 2014

Yanukovych was extracted from Ukraine by Russian Special Forces. Vladimir Putin has admitted that he oversaw this operation and when it was over, in the early hours of the morning, he personally ordered the takeover of Crimea.

Feb. 26, 2017

The Russian military fanned out from their bases on Crimea and moved into positions to allow them to swiftly move to grab key infrastructure on the peninsula once the operation started in earnest."

Crimea, an explainer

Feb. 20, 2014

After the military operation to take over the peninsula, medals were issued to the Russian soldiers who had participated in these events, and Feb. 20, 2014 is the date stated on that medal as the beginning of the Crimea operation. For those not paying attention, these are the soldiers that Russia denied were Russian soldiers, but to reporters on the ground in Crimea (like Simon Ostrovsky, then with Vice News) it was quite obvious that the men without insignia were Russian soldiers.

On the same day, protesters were being brutally slaughtered by sniper fire on the streets of Kyiv.
http://www.kyivpost.com/article/opinion/op-ed/paul-niland-crimea-explainer.html?utm_content=bufferdc72d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Crimea Bridge
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2017, 11:40:53 AM »

Offline JayH

Russia’s suicide by Crimea
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2017, 02:56:07 PM »
Despite the Kremlin publishing positive numbers for the economy the real facts are that it is close to being on it's knees . If Trump plays the correct  cards now he can create a situation where he can dictate the future -- potentially even inside Russia.

The massive support of Russians for the annexation has much more serious and immediate consequences than a display of deeply rooted chauvinism. Having signed off on “Crimea is ours,” Russians have deemed their own power above the law and sanctioned its use in violating all laws and treaties for the sake of higher interests or “justice.” The Russian authorities had behaved this same way previously, but now they have obtained the relevant mandate from society. Quite naturally, the crackdown following the seizure of Crimea has been chockablock with spectacular acts of lawlessness.

With Crimea in tow, Russia has no positive alternative to the current regime. And as long as the Russian opposition is concerned only about regime change and avoids discussing Crimea, the only thing it can offer is a Putinist Russia sans Putin. Whoever ends up in his place, however, the changes won’t be too noticeable.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2017/03/20/three-years-later-russias-suicide-by-crimea/
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Bounder

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2017, 05:50:48 PM »
Despite the Kremlin publishing positive numbers for the economy the real facts are that it is close to being on it's knees . If Trump plays the correct  cards now he can create a situation where he can dictate the future -- potentially even inside Russia.

The massive support of Russians for the annexation has much more serious and immediate consequences than a display of deeply rooted chauvinism. Having signed off on “Crimea is ours,” Russians have deemed their own power above the law and sanctioned its use in violating all laws and treaties for the sake of higher interests or “justice.” The Russian authorities had behaved this same way previously, but now they have obtained the relevant mandate from society. Quite naturally, the crackdown following the seizure of Crimea has been chockablock with spectacular acts of lawlessness.

With Crimea in tow, Russia has no positive alternative to the current regime. And as long as the Russian opposition is concerned only about regime change and avoids discussing Crimea, the only thing it can offer is a Putinist Russia sans Putin. Whoever ends up in his place, however, the changes won’t be too noticeable.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2017/03/20/three-years-later-russias-suicide-by-crimea/

on and on and on and on and on again from you Jay.  Same old nonsensical garbage.  You are beyond redemption. 

Did you hear that Crimea is staying in Russia?  Did you hear that as long as Ukraine wants war with Russia it will never develop properly?  Keep fighting Russia, you Ukrainian Patriot!!!!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:26:03 PM by Brasscasing »

Offline wallm

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Russia’s suicide by Crimea
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2017, 07:37:10 PM »
Did you hear that Crimea is staying in Russia?  Did you hear that as long as Ukraine wants war with Russia it will never develop properly?  Keep fighting Russia, you Ukrainian Patriot!!!!

smh.....
did you become citizen of Russia yet?  ;D

Offline msmob

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2017, 02:44:58 AM »
Did you hear that as long as Ukraine wants war with Russia it will never develop properly?  Keep fighting Russia, you Ukrainian Patriot!!!!

Whilst JayH's copy and pastes do not help his cause, this comment had me stopped in my tracks ..

WHICH nation has militarily created the circumstances for a 'referendum' on the territory of another ? ...

Thank you - sanity returns ..

Offline jone

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2017, 11:05:34 AM »
on and on and on and on and on again from you Jay.  Same old nonsensical garbage.  You are beyond redemption. 

Sandro -

Look at this post above.  Do you see the edit notes?  I don't believe Brass is posting any more here on the forum.   If he is, I would be very happy.  But I believe he is not.  How is it that Brass's tag (and the ability to modify another's post) occurs here?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2017, 12:17:17 PM »
Sandro -

Look at this post above.  Do you see the edit notes?  I don't believe Brass is posting any more here on the forum.   If he is, I would be very happy.  But I believe he is not.  How is it that Brass's tag (and the ability to modify another's post) occurs here?

It was I, Jone.

I'm still a member, I still have responsibilities (to the forum) and until someone better comes along or I'm fired I'll continue to fulfill those obligations.

Now, if memory serves my appointment was let out of the bag quite some time ago...

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21545.msg454532#msg454532

...As to my lack of posts - I'm on hiatus. ;)

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline jone

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »
Well, that makes me happy.  Although it is tradition, on this forum, that activities by the moderator are disguised.  That, I, suppose, is what threw me. 

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline calmissile

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2017, 02:52:59 PM »
Welcome Brass.   Glad to see your edits with your name rather than anonymous.
Cheers!
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline JayH

Prospects for Crimea return
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2017, 02:21:28 AM »
Typically ludicrous Russian comments. Nothing is ever Russia's fault. Not the Kremlins,not Putins etc-- similar to the Trump chaos in America--it is always someone else to blame.
Funny how turning Crimea into a Russian military base is killing the tourist season !

"It is now more than halfway through July, however, and the Russian Security Services (FSB) claim Ukrainian chicanery might be to blame for the lackluster tourism figures this year. Russian tourism operators said earlier this month that just over a million Russians had visitted Crimea in the first half of 2017—around a fifth of government annual projections—while demand is down versus last year by 30 percent. "

RUSSIAN SECURITY FORCES SAY UKRAINE'S SPIES ARE RUINING SUMMER IN CRIMEA

Russia’s security services are accusing Ukrainian spies of trying to recruit Crimeans en masse for a nefarious purpose: ruining the tourist season on the annexed peninsula.

http://www.newsweek.com/russian-security-forces-say-ukraines-spies-are-ruining-summer-crimea-642386

Offline msmob

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2017, 08:06:14 AM »
Typically ludicrous Russian comments. Nothing is ever Russia's fault. Not the Kremlins,not Putins etc-- similar to the Trump chaos in America--it is always someone else to blame.
Funny how turning Crimea into a Russian military base is killing the tourist season !

"It is now more than halfway through July, however, and the Russian Security Services (FSB) claim Ukrainian chicanery might be to blame for the lackluster tourism figures this year. Russian tourism operators said earlier this month that just over a million Russians had visitted Crimea in the first half of 2017—around a fifth of government annual projections—while demand is down versus last year by 30 percent. "

RUSSIAN SECURITY FORCES SAY UKRAINE'S SPIES ARE RUINING SUMMER IN CRIMEA

Russia’s security services are accusing Ukrainian spies of trying to recruit Crimeans en masse for a nefarious purpose: ruining the tourist season on the annexed peninsula.

http://www.newsweek.com/russian-security-forces-say-ukraines-spies-are-ruining-summer-crimea-642386

If the truth be told, those that do know what they are talking about know that Turkey is open for biz to Russians on package hols ..... Crimea v Turkey's s.coast ?   Service without a smile v with ?   ..   

There you go ....

Offline JayH

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2017, 12:10:18 AM »
This video is part of an English cretin named Graham Phillips  work -- a paid propagandist of the Kremlin.
For those who may be interested -- also a "mate" of the cretin fellow Englishman and prolific poster over on the  RT sponsored rua ( and very occassional poster here)

I dont think he got the answers he wanted !

Perhaps Moby can translate for us?

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 12:13:24 AM by JayH »

Offline JayH

« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2017, 12:21:46 AM »
This video is part of an English cretin named Graham Phillips  work -- a paid propagandist of the Kremlin.
For those who may be interested -- also a "mate" of the cretin fellow Englishman and prolific poster over on the  RT sponsored rua ( and very occassional poster here)

I dont think he got the answers he wanted !

Perhaps Moby can translate for us?

For those that can't wait while Moby figures this out !!

Phillips, known for his  anti Ukrainian  and propaganda stories about LDPR, did a video interview in Alushta from a woman who introduced herself as Svetlana from Kiev.Phillips swam to the woman and began to ask questions about the Crimean affiliation. She answered him politely that Crimea is Ukraine and Russia took it away in violation of the International Agreements.
 Phillips began to talk about the fact that people voted for it, and she answered him that they did not really vote - without international observers and at gunpoint "...

The only question I have  is--what the hell was she doing there in the first place!!

Offline msmob

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2017, 12:55:13 AM »
For those that can't wait while Moby figures this out !!

JayH

Some of us had important events in their lives that took precedent...  like Formula1, friends, family ... Was your weekend SO boring ?

Offline JayH

« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2017, 01:04:23 AM »
JayH

Some of us had important events in their lives that took precedent...  like Formula1, friends, family ... Was your weekend SO boring ?

Cretin,Englishmen --hard not to think of Moby !

Weekend?
Since Friday  -- Moby posts on forum  = 31
                       JayH                           = 3 !!
 :ROFL:

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2017, 01:11:14 AM »
Ukrainians are still vacationing in Crimea. I know this as a fact.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2017, 01:15:36 AM »
Cretin,Englishmen --hard not to think of Moby !

1/ Referring to me as 'English' would be as accurate as referring to you as a New Zealander ...

Weekend?
Since Friday  -- Moby posts on forum  = 31
                       JayH                           = 3 !!
 :ROFL: :

2/ Indeed - I tend to post early in the morning and when 'others' are awake HAVE a life..   

3/ A true Cretin is iodine deficient and has resulting thyroid gland issues... I think your version was meant as an 'insult'...? ;)

4/ this is all the more surprising as whilst I don't condone how the Kremlin gained control of Crimea - I fail to see how your post suggests it's imminent return .. this IS the thread we're in, right ? ...

Offline JayH

« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2017, 01:35:34 AM »
1/ Referring to me as 'English' would be as accurate as referring to you as a New Zealander ...

My apologies to decent Englishmen everywhere for including Moby ! :)

Offline JayH

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2017, 01:43:50 AM »
Ukrainians are still vacationing in Crimea. I know this as a fact.

No doubt about it !

What is also certain-- it is only a small % compared to pre Russian invasion .

I can also report that  much of the Ukrainian coast has been packed !
I have just returned from Sea of Azov and near enough every hotel was booked out over the summer. Some demanding premium price and longer stays before accepting a booking .
In chatting withe quite a few people I heard many times what  equalled - " i used to go to Krym but will not be going there in the forseeable future" which generally evoked nodding heads from any and everyone who heard comment!

Offline msmob

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2017, 02:21:23 AM »
My apologies to decent Englishmen everywhere for including Moby ! :)

A 'good' start....  now perhaps you'll explain how your video has relevance to the 'return' of Crimea?  I'm guessing this is what has caused your latest 'hissy fit' ? ..

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41071800

Russia's controversial Crimea bridge gets giant arch

As I KEEP explaining - the 'return' is not going to happen....

( and it is bridges - plural  )

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:09:31 AM by msmob »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2017, 11:56:27 AM »
A 'good' start.... 

Come on, his best line was calling you a pommie git a few moons ago.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2017, 05:44:55 PM »

Well, it is our West Island, after all!  :devil:

Offline jone

« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2017, 05:47:22 PM »
Well, it is our West Island, after all!  :devil:

Does that make the US your East Island?

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2017, 06:14:13 PM »
Does that make the US your East Island?

Did you ever see a wonderful movie called "The Mouse That Roared?"  We're not that desperate, and, if you keep the Golfer-in-Chief, we never will be.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701