It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Delta Airlines  (Read 6069 times)

Offline joe24

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Delta Airlines
« on: July 27, 2015, 02:11:40 AM »
This is not a trip report, dont know where to post it

going from the US to Ukraine, the flight in the delta flight in the US was delayed due to mechanical problems for 2+ hours and then another 1+ hours to lack of fuel, by the time it landed in Amsterdam the connecting flight from Amsterdam to Kiev was gone

From Ukraine to US, once again the delta flight from Amsterdam to Minnesota was delayed for over 3 hours due to mechanical problems, once again missed my connecting flight and had to stay in Minny for one night

Offline STaty

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Delta Airlines
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 03:24:22 AM »
Hello joe24! Everything will be OK!  Don't worry about flying! You were late, but you awake live and healthy!! I think, it is more important!
Actions speak louder than words

Offline TagUrIt898

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 03:29:11 AM »
Did they offer you any type of compensation or reimbursement?

Offline joe24

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 03:30:07 AM »
just wanted to see if others have had this problem with delta recently
i usually use KLM and never had have a problem

Offline joe24

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 03:34:03 AM »
Did they offer you any type of compensation or reimbursement?

they rebooked the flights thats all

what bothered me the most was from ATL to AMS, first the flight was delayed for about 1.5+ hours for mechanical problems after that is fixed the captain says we also need more fuel and it was delayed for another 1.5 hours while all the passengers were inside the plane, so i dont understand dont they have a checklist to at least check to see if there is enough fuel before boarding

Offline Wayne

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 09:55:26 AM »
It sounds like the fuel gage was the mechanical problem.

All airlines have delays. They usually over book.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 12:44:02 PM »

Unless you were making a direct non-stop flight, delays likely would be common in traveling to Russia or Ukraine. It would be wise to expect them. They are also far to common inside the U.S. with minimal stops. My destination into Russia usually includes 4 separate flights to and 4 more fro from my location in the U.S. and usually 3 separate airlines and 8-16 hours layover time depending on the day. 3 hours delay you can do on your head

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 04:32:22 PM »

Sometimes you buy a ticket with KLM and you fly Delta and sometimes you buy a ticket with Delta and you fly KLM. They're partners. The problem you had with Delta isn't an everyday thing. I've never had a problem with them. The mechanical problem could happen with any plane and the lack of fuel in their plane was probably the airport's fault.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Chicagoguy

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 06:54:49 PM »
I have taken Delta by default to Paris, Warsaw and Amsterdam. Air France, LOT, KLM.  Lost luggage returned from 1 week up to 2 whole weeks. Not to worry though because they are dropping JFK - SVO route in Sept. Leaves KLM which seems OK to me.

I won't fly Lufthansa though. Too many problems for me with them.

Offline chooter

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 09:00:57 PM »
My wife and I have always flown Delta to Russia. The only problem we've ever encounter was going over one time the plane had a problem at JFK. We sat on the plane for about an hour before they unloaded us. We sat waiting another hour in the terminal before they told us no fly to Moscow tonight. It was after 10:00 pm then.

They load us on a bus and carry us to a hotel and gave everyone rooms to themselves. We could look out our window and see the Islanders stadium. We got up the next morning and had a good as it gets breakfast in the hotel on Delta. We sat around in the hotel until about 2pm and they took us back to JFK.

They had to give us new tickets and had booked us in economy. My wife being close to 5'11" tall said NO, we paid for business class. My legs don't fit in economy. The young Delta attendant looked at her height and said I understand and said a mistake was made re booking us and he put us back in the same seats in business. Those are the only glitches we've ever had with Delta. They also gave us travel vouchers for our next flight with them and added some Skymiles to our accounts.

We haven't heard about Delta dropping the flight to Moscow. What few times we've flown anywhere on KLM it was a good experience.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:09:37 PM by chooter »
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.
Take the risk or stay lonely?

Offline TagUrIt898

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 12:43:21 AM »
My wife and I have always flown Delta to Russia. The only problem we've ever encounter was going over one time the plane had a problem at JFK. We sat on the plane for about an hour before they unloaded us. We sat waiting another hour in the terminal before they told us no fly to Moscow tonight. It was after 10:00 pm then.

They load us on a bus and carry us to a hotel and gave everyone rooms to themselves. We could look out our window and see the Islanders stadium. We got up the next morning and had a good as it gets breakfast in the hotel on Delta. We sat around in the hotel until about 2pm and they took us back to JFK.

They had to give us new tickets and had booked us in economy. My wife being close to 5'11" tall said NO, we paid for business class. My legs don't fit in economy. The young Delta attendant looked at her height and said I understand and said a mistake was made re booking us and he put us back in the same seats in business. Those are the only glitches we've ever had with Delta. They also gave us travel vouchers for our next flight with them and added some Skymiles to our accounts.

We haven't heard about Delta dropping the flight to Moscow. What few times we've flown anywhere on KLM it was a good experience.

Chooter thanks for sharing that story, I was honestly thinking that's the way Joe should have been treated after his ordeal. I think we can all understand mishaps and unexpected mechanical issues when it comes to something as complicated as an airplane. I think it is imperative that the airline go above and beyond to make up or compensate their passengers for the invconveince though.

You're wife is 5"11" Chooter? So is my fiancé!  I love that she's so tall 😊. And yes absolutely if you all paid for business class you should have been seated there. I'm 6"3" and I almost always fly economy, but I think I'll try pay the extra fees for the leg room next to I go to Ukraine.

Tag

Offline Rick4G

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 08:10:33 AM »
Ive flown Delta since 2009 after dropping American.  Delta stands for Doesnt Ever Leave The Airport.  Ive long since given up on having short layover times as the flights are always late and the longer layovers usually gives enough buffer to cover the delays.  As a medallion member, Delta ALWAYS takes care of its members when there is a problem and has excellent customer service.  On the 2 occasions that Ive missed my long haul portion of the flight due to delays, they have always given me as good as or better seat than I had previously which is hard to do as I always pick the premium seats when selecting my flights

Offline joe24

Offline LAman

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 03:42:54 AM »

Hmmmmm, lost my luggage
Someone said recently here that 30% of luggage gets lost...well thanks to me, your % has gone down a little!!

KLM...Delta an Air France are in kahoots!!!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline calmissile

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 04:13:03 AM »
Having to take on additional fuel can be for a number of reasons.  Either what was burned up while sitting on the tarmac or a change in alternate airports due to weather predictions.  It is one excuse I have no problem with accepting. It would be pretty rare for it to be a screwup on the initial fueling.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline cc3

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 05:06:58 AM »
Hmmmmm, lost my luggage
Someone said recently here that 30% of luggage gets lost...well thanks to me, your % has gone down a little!!

KLM...Delta an Air France are in kahoots!!!

Retired airline captain here. 25+ roundtrips to UA (KBP, DOK, SIP, ODS, and LWO) in last 3.3 years. Zero lost luggage, and believe me, airline employees' luggage gets much less consideration than paying passengers' luggage. All trips on Star Alliance: United, Lufthansa (and CityLine, LH's regional), and Austrian.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:10:49 AM by cc3 »

Offline Barnes

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 06:02:32 AM »
@CC3 HooRah Sir
thanks for posting

I'm second guessing the old "fly Delta die Delta" thing now))

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701