It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: At what point did you involve your family and friends?  (Read 1332 times)

Offline YoungBuck

At what point did you involve your family and friends?
« on: February 27, 2013, 11:04:16 PM »
Usually when I date, I dont involve my family until a few months into the relationship; usually after it's serious. I just dont want to have a parade of women go through my parent's. I know that my family will wonder about a trip to Russia though. So, at what point is it appropriate to involve your circle, and what was their reaction when you told them?

I think my mom will feel like I could get scammed, my dad would think I'm after pretty p*ssy and my brothers and sisters would tease me about it. Does it sound pretty typical? I'm really close to my family so that's why I ask.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: At what point did you involve your family and friends?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 12:53:33 AM »
YB,

I have found that I always need one rational friend to bounce things off of.  It is not always the same person.  It does not necessarily need to be a family member.  But someone needs to know your itinerary, be able to get hold of you in the event of an emergency and be your overall sounding board.

I told one of my sisters immediately of my plans.  Did she tease me?  Absolutely.  Did she tell the rest of the family?  Still hasn't.  Choose your contact wisely. 

My family is very close.  And I own the company that employs almost all of the family so they are keen on my undertakings.  But I am my own man and live my own life.  You should too. 

-j
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Ade

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 01:34:37 AM »
Whatever you feel comfortable with. Personally, I wouldn't tell them anything other than you're going on holiday to the FSU - why bother telling them you're wife hunting until you've found a person they may actually get to meet one day?

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:03:20 AM »
Usually when I date, I dont involve my family until a few months into the relationship; usually after it's serious. I just dont want to have a parade of women go through my parent's. I know that my family will wonder about a trip to Russia though. So, at what point is it appropriate to involve your circle, and what was their reaction when you told them?

I think my mom will feel like I could get scammed, my dad would think I'm after pretty p*ssy and my brothers and sisters would tease me about it. Does it sound pretty typical? I'm really close to my family so that's why I ask.

Just like dating at home. You have to meet a girl and get some face time with her before you develop feelings for her. So, why tell your parents anything about girl friends that you don't yet have.
Yes , they will think that you can get scammed, and that you are going there for  pu$$y.  well,  they would be correct.
Mine had the same reaction when  I told them I was dating a foreign woman. * she was already here though. But after introducing them , they thought she was the bees knees.
It sounds like you have a good relationship with your parents, and you want to keep it that way. So, just tell them what they need to know.  They will probably not be very keen to your plan. But, if you should actually meet someone,  make several trips back to foster a real relationship, and fall in love and consider marrying her, I think at that point you will have the necessary moxie to tell your folks about your activities with no fear of embarrassment and they will see the depth of your resolve and persistence and you can be proud of your success.

If you choose to tell them or not, one thing you should never consider is going and not telling anyone.
Always cover your ass by having a contingency plan and have in worked out before you go.

Like a reserve parachute, it's a hassle until you actually need it.

good to have you here Buck

Jason

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2665
Total: 2675

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM