It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How do you feel about Russian Women dating in the US?  (Read 9416 times)

Offline Misha

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: How do you feel about Russian Women dating in the US?
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 01:37:49 PM »

The answer is simple...despite all the dirt that some members of this forum throw at men who look for RW, there are good men on the sites devoted to introduce RW to foreign men. At least, those RW think so.

I would be extremely suspicious, however, if she was looking only on agency sites and ignoring other options for finding potential dates/suitors...

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 02:28:27 PM »
vwrw,

Excellent analysis.  It's interesting that you know of the long list of requirements (Group 3).  I've heard it called "the 467 bullet point list". :)

Offline OmegaSupreme

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 02:33:06 PM »
I'm actually an old hat at dating FSUWs who lived in the US. I've dated three of them, and they all had different stories. I'll break them down from newest to oldest:

1. My most recent experience was with a Polish-Ukrainian girl named "V" living in AZ. Her mother was Polish, but she was born in the USSR and currently has Ukrainian citizenship. Her father was an American with Russian Jewish heritage who met her mother while he was a merchant marine. She was fluent in English, Russian, Ukrainian, and Polish, so there was never a communication issue with her. Or at least so I thought. She had some good qualities that I liked (caring and loyal), but her bad traits waaaaay outweighed her good ones. She was a headcase, was insanely jealous of the silliest things, and also tried poking her nose into my family's business. That relationship didn't go very far past the casual dating stage.

2. Second most recent was with a Russian Jewish girl named "E" living in AZ. She was born in St. Petersburg, but her family moved to the US shortly after the fall of the USSR. She is fluent in English, Spanish, and Russian. Again, that relationship didn't go very far past the casual dating stage, due to tentativeness on both of our parts. There weren't any huge personality flaws that ended it, but just simple logistics. She wanted to move to Texas, where she is now, and I wanted to try my hand at living somewhere in the FSU, where I am now. We still talk and are on good terms. If we're both geographically closer to each other someday, and both still single, I wouldn't be against giving it another go.

3. This one isn't technically a true FSUW. She was a Ukrainian-American woman named "A", living in PA. She was born and raised in the US, but both of her parents came from Western Ukraine (Lviv, to be exact). She was fluent in English and Ukrainian. That was by far the longest relationship of the three, with by far the worst ending. She was raised with the typical FSUW traits that we Westerners tend to salivate over (takes care of house and home while the man wins the bread, etc.). However, she had more than a few AW traits that we all tend to hate as well (entitlement issues, among other things). To say she was a headcase would be a massive understatement. I don't want to go into any further particulars on that relationship, but let's just say that my overall experience with her was NOT positive.

Those are just my experiences. Take them for what they're worth.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »

Maybe I am giving too much credit to men searching for an FSUW woman, but I am betting these men are more gentlemanly in their search.

I agree with you. I've been accused of illegally searching for RW for sexual purposes. Those people have no clue you can't catch a quality marriage minded RW with trash talk.

If any of you reading out there are sending trashy emails with the lady you intend to marry, make note that your correspondence will be read by a consular officer and the green card interviewer.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline TheTraveler

• Married to a Disproportionately Hot Russian Wife
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »
12+ years ago... back before i met my dhrw, a russian girl living in washington state (or maybe it was oregon?) came across my website, 'ya ishu ruskaya boginya', and she started calling and emailing.  she was a lot of fun to talk with one the phone.  she spoke good english, too.

one strange fact... she would never send a photo in her emails.  it might have been a pride thing?... didn't want to be judged like a piece of meat in the grocery store?

oh, i also remember she was overly inquisitive about other girls i was writing to in russia.  basically, she was pretty jealous (not that she shouldn't have been).

if she hadn't been so coy about the photo thing, i'm sure i would have traveled to meet her.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 01:52:53 PM »
Occasionally, I have seen a few Russian women who are living in the US ...

Curious...but [city?] where is it that you 'see' this?
Usually there are Americans who are children of Russian families.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline cc3

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 02:33:04 PM »

The Russian expat community in the Denver area alone is estimated to be 50,000+....dated a lady from Nizhny Novgorod via St. Petersburg who has resided in Denver more than 14 years...until I found my true FSUW in Luhans'k.

Offline Anechka

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 03:14:35 PM »
She was raised with the typical FSUW traits that we Westerners tend to salivate over (takes care of house and home while the man wins the bread, etc.)

Do you want to tell me that every AW wants to work instead of raising her children?

Btw, I would have to stay at home for some time, have no clue how I'm going to survive that...  :wallbash:
I'm used to work, however, I think that "man wins the bread" is true if you plan kids...

Offline YoungBuck

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »

I live in Los Angeles. I also lived in NJ near NYC.

Offline cc3

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 10:34:29 PM »
Occasionally, I have seen a few Russian women who are living in the US, listed on the agency sites. Has anyone tried their luck with them, and what happened? I feel the proximity factor is huge, and since traditional values are learned at youth, then they should be equally as good. Also, most of these women speak fluent English which reading through the forums is a reason why many first-meets actually fail. Communication is key in my opinion.

By the way, YB, harking back to your original observation about English fluency, my RW dating partner in the US, with 14 years residency and American citizenship, speaks English more poorly than my UW fiancee, who is only in her second year of university level English courses. The RW was totally apathetic toward improving her English and has an RW university student daughter at home, who speaks English without an accent, but they only converse in Russian at home. My UW fiancee is intrigued by English and desires to study it at the highest levels available at her university.

It's the individual, not her location. Proximity, at least for me, was not a huge factor.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541325
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701