It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Has anyone have much experience with aerosvit?  (Read 8553 times)

Offline anono

Has anyone have much experience with aerosvit?
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2005, 02:35:21 PM »
i think i've flown RT twice now, JFK-KBP aerosvit.

it is one less leg for me. i used to have to catch three flights from STL to get to KBP.

on these two trips, the JFK to KBP was not packed like the flights home. it is not as nice as the lufthanza airplanes but they are ok. i remember my aisle of seats did not have working headphone jacks for the movie. it's a little more relaxed and laid back. i did sit next to a ukrainian man on one flight home. it happened to be my birthday so he invited me to join him in the chicken and vodka he brought aboard.

when i go through passport control and customs at JFK, usually i am "fast tracked" and given some colored card that allows me to drop off my suitcase and get checked in for my connecting flight to STL. once my luggage was delayed a day but on the trip home that is never a problem. i have all i need at home and carry my notebook and other necessities in my carry-on. the airline delivers it to my home the next day. i plan on it being late. i just want to catch my connecting flight.

the only hassle with the airtrain thing is you have to know what terminal you need to go to. it was not clearly marked which terminal for which airline. i lucked out with a guess.

aerosvit is ok, i guess, it's just another long jet ride.

Offline wxman

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2005, 02:31:47 PM »
I have checked the KLM web site. If you click on Ukraine as your country, and then select flight, the round trip ticket from Kiev to MSP is much cheaper than if you went through KLM using US web site. The only problem, I fill out pasenger names for tickets, and then when I go to pay with credit card, it assumes the same person is paying and has Ukraine address. I have not gone past that as I do not want ot get charged yet. They also have a phone number I can call, and I will use that if cc entry does not work. I do not know if they will allow me to purchase since I am in US, if not, I can have my fiance purchase in Ukraine. So KLM is just a cheap as Aerosvit if one purchases tickets from KLM Ukraine site, or in person at KLM in Ukraine.  
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline soaring16

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 02:34:31 AM »
Amazing the differences in prices you find on the net.

Take a look at this web page from AeroSvit. Looks like it hasn't been updated for quite some time but check out the prices.

http://aerosvit.ua/eng/actions/

Bob

Offline dorogoyroberto

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2005, 02:55:38 AM »
Those prices are for round trips originating in Kiev...

Roberto

Offline soaring16

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 03:05:53 AM »
That was the point! Cheaper one direction than the other.

When I first saw those prices I checked into JFK to Kiev round trip and they were double for the same flights..

Offline dorogoyroberto

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2005, 03:15:57 AM »
The difference, as my travel agent back in New York, is that airport fees are lower at Borispol than they are at Kennedy...rather does work out better for me, true...

Roberto

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2005, 04:36:19 AM »
My experience with aerosvit was good.  I took their JFK/Kiev flight and Kiev/JFK flights in April 2005.  The plane was new, clean and service and food was good.  It left on time from both JFK and Kiev and arrived early.  
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2005, 06:25:13 AM »
The prices are probably higher during the summer months.

My lady paid a lot more for her round trip tickets originating in Kiev to JFK airport.

Maybe that link shows prices for November and not July.

I am afraid to say what I paid for her tickets.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2005, 06:38:12 AM »
wxman-

I'm less forgiving on certain things in life when there are 'options' available. The airline industry is one of them. When I flew Aeroflot last, I vowed to never again use them if other companies are available - EVEN if I had to pay a higher price. IMO - this is just me. It wasn't so much about their scheduling, but rather their 'ground' business/public relations.

jb said:

"..When my wife arrived the first time she was delayed by POE immigration officers about one hour and they actually conducted a little interview before they stamped her papers and gave her the "Welcome to the United States" speech...."

WOW jb, once again, you're right on the money. That is exactly what happened to my girlfriend. She came through LAX. I thought LAX officials just gave people causes of frustration, but in reading your post, it did eased a bit of my frustration why she had to go through that again.

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2005, 04:32:14 AM »
Matt,

Perhaps it would be instructive to remind everyone that the U.S.State Dept gives out the visas, but the BCIS has the final word on who gets into the country.  A person having acquired a visa is still not assured they will gain entry.

Hence the little interview at the POE.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2005, 05:07:29 AM »
Take it as a compliment.. BCIS only interviews the good lookin gals at port ;)

jfobst

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2005, 01:51:15 PM »
jb/BC-

Not to take anything away from wxman's thread, but her Moscow interview were met with a lot of 'inappropriate' lines of questioning/remarks...

She was 'asked' why a young, beautiful woman like her would want to marry at this point in her life....then added, there'd be a lot fo things she's bound to miss in her life....then asked her how many 'boyfriends' she had before we met, etc....

Then when he found out on one of my email, where I asked if she received the money, he asked her how much and what she did with it? (I was sending her 2,500 rubles/month - 80-100 USD) It's not much money but it bugs me why he would even asked how she spent it...

I'm not lost in my duties and obligations of the laws in our country. I strongly abide by them (for the most part), but I just felt I dotted my 'i's and crossed my 't's, and while it's OK for them to exercise their duties as interviewer; I believe that the chosen lines of questioning were way off the intent of the interview....

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541320
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701