It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: A new way to visit Ukraine and Russia  (Read 7792 times)

Offline corncrowe

A new way to visit Ukraine and Russia
« on: August 13, 2005, 07:21:53 AM »
[align=justify]For my next trip to Ukraine, I plan on using the links to many writers forum, such as "The National Writers' Union of Ukraine"[/align]

[align=justify]There are many such "retreats" throughout Eastern/Western Europe for writers, backpackers, etc.  The lodgings are great and it's much cheaper than staying at a western style hotel or over-priced apartment.[/align]

[align=justify]Here is the link and some general information:[/align]

[align=justify]http://www.nspu.kiev.ua/Etexts/index_e.htm[/align]

[align=justify]The National Writers' Union of Ukraine operates a number of health resorts and spas. The first of these is the A. P. Chekhov Resort in the Crimean city of Yalta--the capital of Ukrainian health resorts. This vacation spot, located in the city centre not far from the international seaport and the main beach, has been in operation since 1935. It boasts the most up-to-date accommodations and services on the southern coast of the Crimea and was expanded in 1991. Accommodations, which include a certain number of luxury rooms, are available for 200 guests or more.[/align]

[align=justify]This resort offers a billiards-room and bar, disco-bar, library, and restaurant. The curative powers of the fresh sea air, peace and quiet, picturesque scenery, and qualified staff contribute to a restful vacation.[/align]

[align=justify]Prices for accommodations and three meals per day range from $7.50 to $15.00 per day.[/align]
[align=justify] [/align]
[align=justify]
[align=justify]---[/align]

[align=justify]Good luck![/align]

[align=justify]Jon[/align][/align]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 07:22:00 AM by corncrowe »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 07:24:16 AM »
A. P. Chekhov Resort in the Crimean city of Yalta

I was there:D

Offline corncrowe

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 07:25:25 AM »
Quote from: Elen
A. P. Chekhov Resort in the Crimean city of Yalta

I was there:D
[/quote]
Elen,

Please don't tell my you are writer also...:D

I have several acquaintances with the Writers Union in Ukraine...

Jon
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 07:25:00 AM by corncrowe »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 07:31:07 AM »
Nope! My mother in law works in GAZPROM. And as the Ukraine  run into a huge debt for our gas and had not real money to pay us it paid in "places" in its resorts. So my mother-in law had an opportunity to provide us with tours. Though now GAZPROM has built its own resort in Russian Sochi. So no Yalta anymore

Offline corncrowe

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 07:35:48 AM »
Nope! My mother in law works in GAZPROM. And as the Ukraine run into a huge debt for our gas and had not real money to pay us it paid in "places" in its resorts. So my mother-in law had an opportunity to provide us with tours. Though now GAZPROM has built its own resort in Russian Sochi. So no Yalta anymore

Elen,

I plan on visiting several of the "retreats" over the next few years.  It's a good excuse to write and find love.  Maybe I can write a love story?  Nah!

I know someone in Odessa who is a member of the Writers Union of Ukraine and he invited me to visit next summer.  He's a Brit who married a Ukrainian woman.  But he is also a pretty well known writer.  I believe he wrote a book about some dating thingy and Russian mafia? 

Jon

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 07:44:56 AM »
 Am I supposed to answer something?

Well :? I have not idea who you are speaking about :D But if you have such opportunity - let go! ( and write something about Ukrainian :P mafia )

Offline corncrowe

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 08:40:05 AM »
 Am I supposed to answer something?

Well :? I have not idea who you are speaking about :D But if you have such opportunity - let go! ( and write something about Ukrainian :P mafia )

Elen,

I never heard of Ukrainian mafia.  What is this you speak about?  Is it something to do with politics?  Maybe they help orphans like agencies in Kherson?  Maybe they belong to Catholic church?  Please explain what is Ukraine mafia?

Jon

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 01:07:12 AM »
And what would be my part of a fee you will get for your a book about some dating thingy and Ukrainian mafia?  :cool:

( Ps one more step on lovely Dan's callous - Ukrainians are at the top among all nations in Moscow crime statistics :P  )

« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 01:08:00 AM by Elen »

Offline Bruno

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 01:15:21 AM »
( Ps one more step on lovely Dan's callous - Ukrainians are at the top among all nations in Moscow crime statistics :P  )

Elen, it is easy to understand why Ukrainian are at the top in Moscow... The russian mafia have more experience that the Ukrainian one... So, the russian militia is more able to capture Ukrainian mafia... and in some way, some militia people work with Russian mafia in the hope of remove Ukrainian mafia from the "business"... :P:P:P

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 02:25:41 AM »
Psss Bruno! I'm in no mood to discuss why 40% ( in 2003) of crimes among all nationalities in Moscow belong to Ukrainians (besides there is a new moderator something there at his duty :D)  Just look at their Timoshenko :P - WANTED in Russia. Nice fact in biography

(PS Moldova is at second position with 17%, Azerbaijan is the third with its 15%)  

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 02:30:00 AM »
What is the number for the Russians, just out of curiosity?

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 02:35:26 AM »
zero:P we all are just angels

Offline Bruno

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 03:15:43 AM »
zero:P we all are just angels

Yep, it seem that i was right... russian mafia control militia ( police )... zero % of bad guys don't exist... bad police or false statistic ?????

Offline Shadow

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 03:37:26 AM »
Bruno, I think Elen is correct. 0% of the crimes commited by foreign nationals in Moscow are commited by Russians :cool: But the percentage of crime does not say anything unless you can relate it to the percentage of foreign nationals present.

On topic (for the moderator): Visit the prisons of Ukraine and Russia...it is a new way :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 03:38:00 AM by Shadow »
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2005, 11:33:06 AM »
Quote from: Shadow
On topic (for the moderator): Visit the prisons of Ukraine and Russia...it is a new way :D
Interesting :)  On my last trip to Kharkov, I had a crazy cab driver who drove 80 through the streets and almost hit several people!  The cops stopped us and I experienced 20 mintues of screaming and threats and then a bribe!!!  During all of that, I tried to sneak away.  But one cop sent me back to the cab in a not so freindly manner. I thoght we might all be going to jail!

I think I will stick to my overpriced flat :)
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline Seekandfind

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 11:38:36 AM »
God, you´re cheap...:shock: I saw anther posting where you tried to slaughter som Jack, because you felt scammed for a few bucks....how the hell are u gonna be able to support a RW???? lol

And I´ll tell u something, the jack bragg u flame so often isn´t jackisback, I know that for a fact....:D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2007
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1961
Total: 1970

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Today at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Today at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM