It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Russian Invasion of Ukraine-The Real Nazis  (Read 241007 times)

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The Russian Invasion of Ukraine-The Real Nazis
« Reply #600 on: February 10, 2015, 02:38:31 PM »
I liked this one....

MUNICH — The most difficult thing for a communist, it has been observed, is to predict the past.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline AkMike

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #601 on: February 10, 2015, 02:39:56 PM »
250 words they say, is max.

Offline JayH

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #602 on: February 10, 2015, 03:05:16 PM »
At last some positive news-- questions have been asked why this did not happen earlier--the Russian advance has been concentrated further north.
Now Ukrainians are pushing more lightly defended frontline further back towards Russia.

Azov Battalion spearheads Ukrainian counter-offensive

Ukraine's Azov Battalion, famed for its near-suicidal bravery and ultra-nationalist views, is spearheading a Ukrainian counter-offensive along the country's Black Sea coast today.
http://www.kyivpost.com/content/kyiv-post-plus/azov-battalion-spearheads-ukrainian-counter-offensive-380136.html
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

« Reply #603 on: February 10, 2015, 05:28:10 PM »
http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/249765.html

National Security and Defense Council's press service, that the Ukrainian military freed Pavlopil, Kominternove, Lebedynske, Berdianske and Shyrokine.

"The enemy has sustained very serious combat losses," Turchynov said, adding that the Ukrainian counteroffensive "ensured reliable defense for Mariupol from artillery strikes."

The Azov special task regiment was in the vanguard of the attack, Turchynov said.

Some independent verification is required, but if true, it destroys the idea that Ukraine's military prospects are hopeless and that the Russians are invincible.

Offline JayH

« Reply #604 on: February 10, 2015, 06:01:24 PM »
http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/249765.html

Some independent verification is required, but if true, it destroys the idea that Ukraine's military prospects are hopeless and that the Russians are invincible.

This area is lightly defended currently by Russians. As I said earlier--their attention has been further north-in attempt to encircle and trap Ukrainian army.Russians are desperate to show "victories" anywhere.
The move in the south is designed to draw attention from the concentration up north. Over 1500 Russian troops crossed into Ukraine last night and some 300 vehicles-- so it will not remain so easy to push them back.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

« Reply #605 on: February 10, 2015, 06:22:24 PM »
They keep taking territory Jay.

Offline JayH

« Reply #606 on: February 10, 2015, 07:34:50 PM »
They keep taking territory Jay.

Стратегия и тактика Украины: оборона Дебальцево и наступление под Мариуполем

"Но пока, к счастью всё идёт нормально. Пусть не так быстро как хотелось бы, но в правильном направлении."
http://hvylya.net/analytics/politics/strategiya-i-taktika-ukrainyi-oborona-debaltsevo-i-nastuplenie-pod-mariupolem.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:36:21 PM by JayH »

Offline JayH

« Reply #607 on: February 11, 2015, 05:36:28 PM »
Interesting and moving story. For those in denial about Russia in the Donbas-you need to read.

Letters From Donbas, Part 3: 'Dirt, Tears, and Blood'

Viktor Alanov, social worker, Donetsk

I am a Donbas native. I am an ethnic Russian. I speak both Russian and Ukrainian fluently, although I consider Russian my mother tongue.

I was never anti-Ukrainian. I always took Ukraine for granted, a fact I considered neither good nor bad. I saw to which abyss Vladimir Putin was leading Russia all these years and I had long stopped associating myself with this country.

http://www.rferl.org/content/ukraine-letters-from-donbas-situation-fighting-day-to-day-life/26836295.html

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #608 on: February 12, 2015, 01:09:32 AM »
Jay, I understand your passion but when will you open your eyes? You only write here what you want to acknowledge..... and think everything positive, well its not. Ukraine has lost 200 square miles of land since  ceasefire....what in that do you not understand???

Let me let you in a little secret you won't find on internet. The Ukraine army is so short on medical supplies that volunteers are scampering to find them. A friend of mine, which was helping to train in first aid care last summer( which included several americans on vacation  :o), was speaking to a friend of her's on phone while we were having dinner. He could not say where he was(tappings) but was in urgent need of compression needles. My friend told me she has found someone in ...California to send her the needed supplies( a few other supplies also). The biggest trouble is to get the supplies to the frontline. I asked her what about the government? Her replay is What government??? anything that happens is because of volunteers!! If I hear anything in Dnipropetrovsk I will write, I only know many of the injured are taken to hospitals there.
Signin off
War correspondent ))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

lordtiberius

« Reply #609 on: February 12, 2015, 05:10:17 AM »
Agree.

:'(

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #610 on: February 12, 2015, 07:11:26 AM »
Jay, I understand your passion but when will you open your eyes? You only write here what you want to acknowledge..... and think everything positive, well its not. Ukraine has lost 200 square miles of land since  ceasefire....what in that do you not understand???

Let me let you in a little secret you won't find on internet. The Ukraine army is so short on medical supplies that volunteers are scampering to find them. A friend of mine, which was helping to train in first aid care last summer( which included several americans on vacation  :o), was speaking to a friend of her's on phone while we were having dinner. He could not say where he was(tappings) but was in urgent need of compression needles. My friend told me she has found someone in ...California to send her the needed supplies( a few other supplies also). The biggest trouble is to get the supplies to the frontline. I asked her what about the government? Her replay is What government??? anything that happens is because of volunteers!! If I hear anything in Dnipropetrovsk I will write, I only know many of the injured are taken to hospitals there.
Signin off
War correspondent ))

I didn't quite understand your post.  Are you the war correspondent?  Can you clear up a little confusion on this?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline LAman

« Reply #611 on: February 12, 2015, 08:00:09 AM »
I didn't quite understand your post.  Are you the war correspondent?  Can you clear up a little confusion on this?

War Correspondent? Just some fun from my part....just giving some insight from what I see and hear!!!

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #612 on: February 12, 2015, 08:20:46 AM »
A great video which clearly shows the hoped for end game of the Putin regime.

http://www.rferl.org/content/daily-vertical-ukraine-bosniafied-minsk-talks/26842045.html

Offline jone

« Reply #613 on: February 12, 2015, 09:50:19 AM »
War Correspondent? Just some fun from my part....just giving some insight from what I see and hear!!!

Are you in Ukraine right now?  If you are, we would love a trip report and observations on the ground.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

lordtiberius

« Reply #614 on: February 12, 2015, 04:20:00 PM »
Are you in Ukraine right now?  If you are, we would love a trip report and observations on the ground.

I was there a month ago in Kiev for two weeks.  Everyone is on edge.  Mobilization and conscription notices have gone out.  I heard the news broadcast of Donetsk airport falling and the shelling of Mariupol.  Ukraine has no one to help her.  They are alone.  Good enough report for you?

Offline AkMike

« Reply #615 on: February 12, 2015, 06:08:31 PM »
I was there for 2 month up until a couple of weeks ago. All was calm and easy going. Life as normal until the last week, then I did see some APC's set up at major hwy's coming into Kyiv.

Until that it was the same as the last few years there.

lordtiberius

« Reply #616 on: February 12, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »
I was there for 2 month up until a couple of weeks ago. All was calm and easy going. Life as normal until the last week, then I did see some APC's set up at major hwy's coming into Kyiv.

Until that it was the same as the last few years there.

2 years ago, the Grivna was at 8 to 1.  When I was there it was 16 to 1.  Now it is 23.  When I got the plan on the first time, guys with tattoos on their hands sat next to me.  Now it is kids traveling with their families.  There were men in uniforms - fatigues and people recognized the Cyborg patch.  Back then, those in uniforms shook you down for a bribe.  The economy in Lviv seems to be doing better than it was 2 years ago.  But that's just me . . .

Offline AkMike

« Reply #617 on: February 12, 2015, 07:07:12 PM »
Quit riding back in the cattle car section! in more than 15 trps I've never had anyone with tats near from what I could see. Tats are uncommon in UA.

Everything inn the central part of UA is doing better than it was when I went there 11 years ago.
 It's been a slow growth but fairly steady. The 08 recession slowed the country down but it's climbed out and is better.

lordtiberius

« Reply #618 on: February 12, 2015, 08:23:51 PM »

Re: economics
A young man I know graduated law school in 2008.  He has never seen a good year in Kiev. 

:offtopic:
I do see tattoos.  I don't know what the big deal is.  I don't have any.  Yes, I do judge people who have them but it is not a deal breaker for me.

Offline LAman

« Reply #619 on: February 13, 2015, 12:35:07 AM »
Quit riding back in the cattle car section! in more than 15 trps I've never had anyone with tats near from what I could see. Tats are uncommon in UA.

Everything inn the central part of UA is doing better than it was when I went there 11 years ago.
 It's been a slow growth but fairly steady. The 08 recession slowed the country down but it's climbed out and is better.

They are very common for the younger crowd, which means as time goes the number will be going UP.

Offline cc3

« Reply #620 on: February 13, 2015, 01:44:40 AM »
I'm in Lviv now. All is calm and life is pleasant (if you have no relatives in the war zone).

Offline JayH

« Reply #621 on: February 13, 2015, 02:00:24 AM »

Despiite some success early on with their lies the western media has caught on quite well now to the depth of that lying--more and more articles are appearing that show that Putin is caught with his hand in the till .Another up top date and relevant story today.
Why is it so obvious to everyone but a few leaders?

Putin’s bodyguard of lies has overtaken Russia

The Soviet leader was referring to the Russian concept of maskirovka — literally “little masquerade” — the strategy of denial, disinformation and deception that has been central to Russia’s military thinking for more than a century.

Maskirovka is one of the defining features of Vladimir Putin’s Russia: the annexation of Crimea and Moscow’s war-by-proxy in Ukraine are classic examples of Russian military subterfuge, invasions by stealth, deliberately shrouded in deniability and confusion. But maskirovka is more than just a military concept: it has become state policy, a deliberate blurring of truth and illusion that is the key to Putin’s hold on power.

Yesterday Putin announced a ceasefire in Ukraine, while maintaining the fiction that Russia has no military involvement in east Ukraine. The situation remains deeply uncertain, in large part because Putin’s motives and actions remained concealed and opaque, shielded by a bodyguard of lies.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/putins-bodyguard-of-lies-has-overtaken-russia/story-fnb64oi6-1227218341029?nk=a8427af4f5e5115174a58a20ddc24d99

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #623 on: February 15, 2015, 04:42:49 PM »
250 words they say, is max.

That includes the required comment on the article from the post. This helps prevent posting articles that the poster hasn't even read

Offline JayH

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 05:01:02 PM by JayH »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541470
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3392
Most Online Ever: 12701