It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartments Versus Hotels  (Read 6750 times)

Online msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2017, 04:26:30 AM »
You said Ukraine -that is what I responded to - I have been quite specific on that -to point out the obvious.
You are such a sly cretin you seek to move  as it suits you  - really -- you cant provide a link to support your assertions? Yeah right -- not that it changes my point one iota !

You seem to think you and your exposure is "superior" --I say bs and you are simply full of crap.( spread across many threads and forums_

JayH

My expertise re travel / staying in varied accommodation referred to FSU - I believe that includes Ukraine ? ...

Anytime you feel like responding to my challenge - rather than obfuscating with daftness ...
Sod off Photobucket - this punter moved to flickr - rather than being blackmailed

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
Once again, another hijacked thread....... :wallbash:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Online jone

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2017, 10:57:18 AM »
I read Bill's post above with interest.

At the Cosmos Hotel, in Moscow, only seven years ago, I remember being there and a whole room off the elevator lobby was reserved for hookers.   The hall monitor would not let them up the elevators unless they were accompanying one of guests.  But it was organized crime, plain and simple.  Everyone was on the take for what these gals made.

I have stayed in many other hotels in Moscow, my favorite being Swissotel.   I have never seen prostitutes working off the lobby there.  And my visits overlap that with the Cosmos.  But if one were to go to the night club in the salad bowl at the top of the Swissotel, you can find gals to sleep with you for money, if that is your inclination.  I had them pointed out to me by the gal I was dating.  They sit at the bar, waiting for an unattached man to come by and then snare them like a spider with a web.

But Moscow is much different than other parts of Eastern Europe.  Most of the hotels I have stayed at in Ukraine do not have hookers in the lobby or elsewhere.  Same with Russia, outside of the federal districts. 

While this is an interesting thread, I will say that I use AirBNB for traveling with a companion, and stay in hotels if I am by myself or dating someone for the first time.

Keep in mind what happened to one of the guys in Odessa.  He rented an apartment and the gal used his inexperience to bring a guy to the room and assault him for his money.    Staying at a hotel makes this type of assault much less probable. 
Experience keeps a dear school but fools will learn at no other - Benjamin Franklin

Online Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2017, 06:42:25 PM »
At the Cosmos Hotel, in Moscow, only seven years ago, I remember being there and a whole room off the elevator lobby was reserved for hookers.   The hall monitor would not let them up the elevators unless they were accompanying one of guests.  But it was organized crime, plain and simple.  Everyone was on the take for what these gals made.

Maybe I just don't notice things like this, being too innocent in the ways of the world  :devil:, but I never saw any obvious prostitutes in any of the hotels I stayed at in Russia (I stayed only in apartments in Ukraine).  However, I didn't frequent the Cosmos when I was last in Moscow (at the same time as you), so maybe I missed out on a visual treat.  8)

Keep in mind what happened to one of the guys in Odessa.  He rented an apartment and the gal used his inexperience to bring a guy to the room and assault him for his money.    Staying at a hotel makes this type of assault much less probable.

GQBlues made much the same point.  However, my response to you is the same as it was to him - yes, the guy was unlucky (and quite possibly lucky not to be killed), and there probably have been quite a few others attacked the same way, BUT, as a proportion of the total number of men who visit Ukraine (and the rest of the FSU) in this endeavour, this hardly even rates as a blip on the radar.  For every person attacked, 10, 20 or 100,000 others have visited with no problems at all (apart from those finding out that their "girl" really was Boris or Yuri - 2tallbill's "Employee of the Month").

I would even hazard a guess that the number of male foreigners attacked on the streets in the FSU is probably higher than the number lured to their fate in an apartment by a local siren.

Online southernX

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2017, 08:06:45 PM »
this debate still going on ?? :D

i definetly prefer apartments to stay in in the fsu ,
they are cheaper and better value in my experience for us and the way we like to travel over extended time periods

as for hookers and gangsters , yes there there but like all things you will seek what you look for in any place

if you dont trust your lady that you are going to visit , especially wovo , trips enough to book an apartment for you then id suggest you dont know her well enough at all and should not be going anyway lol

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Online JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »
this debate still going on ?? :D

i definitely prefer apartments to stay in in the fsu ,
they are cheaper and better value in my experience for us and the way we like to travel over extended time periods

as for hookers and gangsters , yes there there but like all things you will seek what you look for in any place

if you dont trust your lady that you are going to visit , especially wovo , trips enough to book an apartment for you then id suggest you dont know her well enough at all and should not be going anyway lol

SX

SX -- it is the point in bold that I dispute. Guys stating unequivocally that apartments are cheaper are just plain wrong. That is one of the points too many keep repeating --it is simply not true.
It may have been the case in the past - and that may be where many have got the notion from -- but today it is a flawed piece of incorrect advice.

For a guy on his first trip- the complications of an apartment can be significant  -even daunting .The surrounds and circumstances ,
coordinating arrival etc is a complication that is not needed.

NOTE -- I am talking about initial trips and  not established relationship situations -- and have always been at pains to point that out.
To me-- the idea of a girl cooking for you prematurely is ridiculous - it is not going to happen. Suggesting she come and do your washing and ironing -- oh yeah-I can see how well that would go !!  I would NEVER do that at home -- so why would I even consider that when in the FSU.Makes zero sense at all that argument.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Online southernX

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2017, 10:01:14 PM »
jay i have no intention of entering this long winded rather pointless debate in too much depth to be honest as it is always going to be a personal choice imo depending on many variants

For a guy on his first trip- the complications of an apartment can be significant  -even daunting .The surrounds and circumstances ,
coordinating arrival etc is a complication that is not needed.

however i used an apartment on my first trip with ease on arrival to kiev then kharkiv , as well as hotels in russia
if you can find a hotel via , your own nous or taxi , then an apartment is in the same league imo

To me-- the idea of a girl cooking for you prematurely is ridiculous - it is not going to happen

mine did  ;)

each to their own imo , but i always find apartments cheaper and better value than hotels for what you get and what they offer as below

http://kiev-apartmentrental.com/
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:21:21 PM by southernX »
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Online msmob

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2017, 10:04:25 PM »
Round and Round we go !

1/ Getting an apartment  -  is probably wiser  - if you are  likely to be inviting a lady back - the reasons have been discussed - many times. - whether you find this reasoning 'silly' or not ... the idea is surely to put the lady at ease.

2/ It will likely be cheaper than the equiv std hotel - AND you can impress her with your cooking or her you - romantic !

If this is your first trip - for sure - stay at a hotel -  if you feel more comfortable.

Do what's right for you.
Sod off Photobucket - this punter moved to flickr - rather than being blackmailed

Online JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2017, 01:46:14 AM »
jay i have no intention of entering this long winded rather pointless debate in too much depth to be honest as it is always going to be a personal choice imo depending on many variants

SX-- and neither do I  !!

I am aiming my response at all -- not just you.
If you ( & everyone else that is so adamant)want to keep stating -- "CHEAPER" --then quote some recent examples   -- show some actual; numbers   and perhaps photos or links .
The rest of the discussion is misguided to say the least -- I am not and never have had disputed the POTENTIAL of apartments.  In my view-- all who make those arguments are talking about a prior well set up inter-action-- so it does not apply to early contacts without a LOT of prelim work.

My overall point is that a hotel is a lot less hassle for a guy in his early days in the FSU.

My objection is the exaggerated unequivocal advice  that is simply wrong .

There are many examples of guys paying way over the odds for apartments-- something that could have easily been avoided if booking a hotel and seeing comparative rates  .

On the cost -- even if the quality comparison  is very approximated and cost similar ( say within a few dollars) that is what I am saying -- so lets not get pedantic of very close costs. In my view-the better facility will be the hotel.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:56:47 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2017, 06:48:10 AM »
Can't believe I am jumping in, but...

On my first trip I set up my own apartment (Olga in Odessa, highly recommended, newbies PM me for her info if you are going to Odessa or Nikolaev). I didn't ask the girl to cook for me, it just happened. She had a friend who knew English better. We went to the grocery store, purchased some food/ingredients, returned to the apartment and one hour later a large meal was prepared.

My point? If you have spent time getting to know the woman and you do your research, there is nothing unsafe about getting an apartment. Maybe I am more street smart that the average man, but I have never felt in fear in the FSU. Have we seen men attacked in their apartment? Yes. We even know of a man who was locked into the apartment over New Years because his girl had to "work" or deal with a robbery at her "work". Some people are incapable of avoiding stepping on their own dicks.

I have spent one night in a hotel in FSU (In Kiyv). It was a nice hotel, but the room was very small. Overall my preference is to stay in an apartment (for many of the reasons Bill has stated).

And Jay, you know that most, if not all, of these women are dying to cook for a man who has traveled to meet them. That is my experience 100%. Your mileage may vary.

HDL

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartments Versus Hotels
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2017, 02:00:14 PM »
Let me disagree with your opinion as I do short term rentals in Ukraine for about 12 years, I do both - apartments and a mini-hotel, so a studio or a one bedroom apartment will be always cheaper than a hotel room, some of my 2 or 3 bedroom apartments are same price than a hotel room, I will agree on this.
As for me, when I travel alone I book hotels, if not, I prefer apartments.

Thank you for your input,

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action, so be a man of action
Never make a promise that you can't keep.
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl

Offline Arti99

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2017, 08:19:07 PM »
Ari -- you can read my comments in general above- :popcorn:

On cost issues  -- I dispute that comment as being correct.
In a very specific example --it is in fact near enough the same cost  -- and in real terms can be cheaper in a hotel.
If you take into account  that breakfast is included -- it is in fact cheaper. At my favoured Hotel group it is an excellent breakfast that caters to numerous styles and healthy eating !
Now that is a current day fact !

If you take to the account that:
 - there's a lunch and dinner that are not included in the hotel price you have to go to restaurants 3 times a days if you rent a hotel
- the hotel breakfast is not an expensive thing, so you don't save a lot on breakfasts.

You should agree that apartments are much cheaper than hotels
But as I said in some circumstances I would prefer a hotel.

Offline Arti99

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2018, 03:28:15 PM »
If you take to the account that:
 - there's a lunch and dinner that are not included in the hotel price you have to go to restaurants 3 times a days if you rent a hotel to meet femmes ukrainiennes
- the hotel breakfast is not an expensive thing, so you don't save a lot on breakfasts.

You should agree that apartments are much cheaper than hotels
But as I said in some circumstances I would prefer a hotel.

Hi, i'm returning from a travel & as i said before hotel was my choice. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 9716
Latest: eich
New This Month: 11
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 466392
Total Topics: 18659
Most Online Today: 1324
Most Online Ever: 2127