It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Race in Russia and Ukraine.  (Read 15398 times)

Offline Terryrnz

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Race in Russia and Ukraine.
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 09:57:08 PM »
Cheers for the input, neck and hand tattoos have been laser removed now so,.., and technically I'm not Caucasian half New Zealand Maori and my mum is white, there's a large New Zealand community here in Australia, kind of Spanish looking id say, just thought I'd ask first,.thanks for your help  :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:06:40 PM by Terryrnz »

Offline Nat

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2017, 12:31:31 AM »
Here is an archetypal Ukrainian man -

And this one, from Western Ukraine -

These two are no way considered to be sexy men, these are for grandmas :)  "Ocean Elsy" - yep, they are a type of what's considered to be appealing now :)
Tattoos are really popular among young people now - although being covered with them does imply that the person has kind of bad taste.
Speaking of race, I guess it's kinda different here, because we don't consider such men as TS a person of color. If your're a totally black guy, an Arab, an Indian or a Chinese/Japanese, for example, this is gonna be an issue with most girls, although there are some who will consider this to be an interesting and intriguing feature :D  Speaking of half-Hispanic or half-Maori, nobody cares, actually, it adds up to nice appearance, so why not? :) ))))

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »
I didn't say they were attractive, just that they are archetypes.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jumper

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 08:40:10 PM »
Beo is correct on the neck tatts.
Very much associated with a criminal element.

I'm likely as dark as TS, and have tatts (not on hands or neck  )
  Nyet problem in general.
I'd say that it could be a slight issue with some women or a certain society class, but not a general big problem at all at TS age and who he is likely to meet.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 06:51:19 PM »

My MIL asked me on my first visit to her daughter if I had any tattoos. I said "no". Later I found out if I answered "yes", she'd tell her daughter to dump me.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 07:05:25 PM »
My MIL asked me on my first visit to her daughter if I had any tattoos. I said "no".

What about the one on your d!ck that says 'Little.'

Do you know the rest of the humor ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2017, 10:11:35 AM »
My MIL asked me on my first visit to her daughter if I had any tattoos. I said "no". Later I found out if I answered "yes", she'd tell her daughter to dump me.

While close minded, likely a very typical outlook in FSU parents.

As a educated doctor I'd both expect that, and conversely expect she be more open minded.
 The tattoo could be a SSN,or seriel number on your rib cage since dog tags don't always stay in place.
Or a number of silly reasons from a prior decade in your life .

But yes I'd agree the stereotype is for a reason on both sides of the equation.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2017, 10:19:14 AM »
I never asked my MIL but I have a feeling she feels tattoos are associated with the criminal element. Times changes but not everybody changes with the times. My wife asked what I would think if she got a tattoo. I don't know if it was a serious or trick question but my answer would still be the same. I told her tattoos may look ugly on her in the future and that her body is beautiful and I wouldn't want it altered. I myself have no tattoos or piercings but I don't hold it against others if they do.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:34:33 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2017, 12:01:29 PM »
I have a bit darker skin tone passed down from Portuguese ancestors.  Somehow I fit in.. In Turkey I'm often mistaken for a Turk, even stopped at the border leaving one time because they thought I was evading military service using a stolen passport.  Across the med recognized as anything but American. In Russia have been asked for directions fairly often.. they seemed surprised at my faltering answers in basic Russian.  As far as your ethnicity and skin tone goes, shouldn't be a big deal.  Regarding your tats, well some like 'em, some not,  like everywhere.  There's a lid for every jar out there... might be harder to find but hey, why not try.  Skype a lot to get reactions up front.

Offline Ludmila

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2017, 10:33:38 PM »
Depends on the social status of the prospective fiance. If the girl isn't refined, she may like it. It is unlikely that a highly educated gal with a status in society will welcome it. May be a deal breaker. That said, I know a lady, a young lawyer, who wouldn't mind it at all. She is a goth, too. Thinks that legal profession is boring and confessed once she wants to have sex on a grave :-)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2017, 10:56:29 PM »
confessed once she wants to have sex on a grave :-)

I dated a Ukrainian woman in Seattle. I asked her where she wanted to go on one of our dates. She wanted to go for a nice walk through a cemetery. We sat on a bench in front of a mausoleum and made out. If it weren't for the groundskeeper driving around, we may have done more. I like pleasing women. If I were single and met your lawyer friend, I may have made her dream come true too.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541284
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701