It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Nine Years Today!  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Diplomacy

Nine Years Today!
« on: March 02, 2009, 06:38:29 PM »
I thought you all might like to hear that my friends that introduced me to my Fiance, celebrate their nine year anniversary today.  They are an AM/FSUW couple, so it does work out for the long run also.

She came here knowing nobody, almost no English, and that she was committed to her husband.

Today she is a Citizen, Republican, and someone to be proud of.  She is a teacher, and there is a greater than 10 year age difference.(Not much more than that, or that would make her about 10 years old right now ;D

They have been a great source of inspiration and their help ensured us both of a less difficult path to follow.  Yes, I went into this after trying to find logic in a hour long explanation from his wife.  From that point on, I just found it easier to ask. What would you do?  It is best to not ask why, she gives good advice.  In some weird way, I am starting to understand the reasoning also.   :-X

Offline Vaughn

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Nine Years Today!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:45:36 PM »
I thought you all might like to hear that my friends that introduced me to my Fiance, celebrate their nine year anniversary today.... and their help ensured us both of a less difficult path to follow. 

This sounds familiar, very much so... congratulations to them. We had a couple who mentored us, and
they were on-the-spot during a difficult first few days. Their advice and calming affect were invaluable.
While we eventually found it natural to "break free" of their guidance, we never forget its significance.

Diplomacy, I haven't forgotten about the inspection. Texas-bound early April...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:48:58 PM by Vaughn »

Offline Diplomacy

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 04:48:26 AM »
Preparing for inspection Vaughn.  You missed a few epic battles already.  It was close, but this weekend I got the fridge to almost store bought clean.  I got to tell you though, I am finding the need to go to the gym now.

After a weekend of going to look for plants, cleaning the fridge, organizing the spices, and washing clothes.  I needed to watch some sports and get into the gym. 

God have mercy on my soul :-X

Offline Sailor291

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »
Congrats.  My Ukrainian wife and myself will be celebrating our 10th anniversary in August.  We also live in Dallas.  Do we know you?  Lewis and Natasha

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541457
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2382
Most Online Ever: 12701