It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How do Russian Men typically treat their women?  (Read 30189 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: How do Russian Men typically treat their women?
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2017, 10:49:03 PM »
Ok, got some authoritative reading from the Sun her on the recent law change over domestic violence in Russia and some statistics on the subject:

Trench, perhaps you could use parentheses to denote irony ? I wasn't aware The Sun was 'authoritive' about anything  - other than who / what you should be voting for, immigration and whether she has nice 'hooters'...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2017, 11:17:22 PM »
Trench, perhaps you could use parentheses to denote irony ? I wasn't aware The Sun was 'authoritive' about anything  - other than who / what you should be voting for, immigration and whether she has nice 'hooters'...

Yeah, its just a bit like that isn't it, lol
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline mies

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2017, 08:08:15 AM »

Trenchcoat is right. You are misinformed. Domestic physical abuse, along with some other types of violence, has been recently decriminalized in Russia.
Changes in Russian legislation: http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Document/View/0001201607040116?index=0&rangeSize=1
Will be in effect soon, unless President Putin signs and executive order banning those proposed changes.

A recent spike in violence against women (domestic abuse) in Yekaterinburg after the amendment to the law was voted for, statistics quoted:
http://echo.msk.ru/blog/roizmangbn/1925382-echo/
Population of E-burg is 1.35mln, before changes to the law police was called to 120-130 domestic violence incidents per day, after the amendment - 300-350 times per day.

Commentary on the situation and changes to the existing law:
http://womenation.org/%d1%87%d1%82%d0%be-%d0%bf%d1%80%d0%be%d0%b8%d1%81%d1%85%d0%be%d0%b4%d0%b8%d1%82-%d1%81-%d0%b4%d0%be%d0%bc%d0%b0%d1%88%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc-%d0%bd%d0%b0%d1%81%d0%b8%d0%bb%d0%b8%d0%b5%d0%bc-%d0%b2-%d1%80/

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:11:55 AM by mies »

Offline msmob

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2017, 09:20:43 AM »
Trenchcoat is right. You are misinformed. Domestic physical abuse, along with some other types of violence, has been recently decriminalized in Russia.
Changes in Russian legislation:index=0&rangeSize=1[/url]
Will be in effect soon, unless President Putin signs and executive order banning those proposed changes.

A recent spike in violence against women (domestic abuse) in Yekaterinburg after the amendment to the law was voted for, statistics quoted:
http://echo.msk.ru/blog/roizmangbn/1925382-echo/
Population of E-burg is 1.35mln, before changes to the law police was called to 120-130 domestic violence incidents per day, after the amendment - 300-350 times per day.

Mies

As English is your second language, I will 'forgive' your mistake :)

I first read the ridiculous proposed change in legislation in the UK Independent - owned by a Russian, ironically ..

The Sun Newspaper may have quoted the correct information - but it is not famous for being a serious newspaper

Sadly, it is now law ... :(

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-domestic-abuse-violence-signs-controversial-law-russia-a7568151.html

Vladimir Putin signs controversial law partially decriminalising domestic abuse in Russia

Offline mies

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2017, 09:25:25 AM »

Mies

As English is your second language, I will 'forgive' your mistake :)

I first read the ridiculous proposed change in legislation in the UK Independent - owned by a Russian, ironically ..

The Sun Newspaper may have quoted the correct information - but it is not famous for being a serious newspaper

Sadly, it is now law ... :(

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-domestic-abuse-violence-signs-controversial-law-russia-a7568151.html

Vladimir Putin signs controversial law partially decriminalising domestic abuse in Russia

I do not appreciate your patronizing style even if it was an irony. Keep it to yourself and for your significant other.
English is not my second language. it is my third language. I also speak several more. How many languages do you speak or understand?  :popcorn:

It also  might be helpful if before jumping into argument you cared to read the articles, using the links I provided above. Then you wouldn't be talking about "proposed changes".

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:27:04 AM by mies »

Offline msmob

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2017, 11:49:56 AM »
I do not appreciate your patronizing style even if it was an irony. Keep it to yourself and for your significant other.

Your next sentence will explain YOUR problem ..

English is not my second language. it is my third language.

So, there we have it ... YOU just misunderstood...

I also speak several more. How many languages do you speak or understand?  :popcorn:

Great ! I get by in a few - but, there is no need to turn this into a pissing contest - just - because you misunderstood..

It also  might be helpful if before jumping into argument you cared to read the articles, using the links I provided above. Then you wouldn't be talking about "proposed changes".

1/ The Sun article discussed proposed changes - yes ?

2/ The Indie article confirmed VVP had signed them into statute.

Can you accept that I wasn't

a) trying to insult you
b) looking for a spat

?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:54:41 AM by AnonMod »

Offline mies

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2017, 01:39:10 PM »
Your next sentence will explain YOUR problem ..

A person who is not capable to understand the written point, made clearly, twice (or three times, if you count the original post by Trenchcoat), in their native language, is not in a position to judge foreign language skills of other people.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2017, 01:49:58 PM »
LOL.  It is a full moon tonight.

While I am not attempting to get in the middle of a dipute between moby and yet another poster, in this case, mies, it was indeed you who missed the nuance.  moby posted he first read about the proposed changes.  So, his post was not in the current tense, nor was he suggesting the legislation has not been passed.  His subsequent post was just saying The Sun, which is the UK equivalent of the National Enquirer, or perhaps even less reputable, is not the first newspaper he'd look to for information.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 01:51:59 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2017, 02:11:31 PM »

mies, it was indeed you who missed the nuance.

Дякую

Offline mies

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »

While I am not attempting to get in the middle of a dipute between moby and yet another poster, in this case, mies, it was indeed you who missed the nuance.  moby posted he first read about the proposed changes.  So, his post was not in the current tense, nor was he suggesting the legislation has not been passed.  His subsequent post was just saying The Sun, which is the UK equivalent of the National Enquirer, or perhaps even less reputable, is not the first newspaper he'd look to for information.

Boethius, thank you. But I don't think that i've missed any nuances.

What I do think, is that msmob's patronizing tone is highly inappropriate and plain rude.

Let us review the key points in this discussion:
Trench: "got some authoritative reading from the Sun her on the recent law change over domestic violence in Russia and some statistics on the subject"
msmob: "perhaps you could use parentheses to denote irony" -- what was there to be ironic about? has the amendment to the law not been voted on? No. It has been voted on positively, twice so, in two readings. The only thing that can prevent it from happening now is a Presidential veto.
me: "Trenchcoat is right. You are misinformed." - the article did contain information that was factually correct, hence - "authoritative read"
msmob: "As English is your second language, I will 'forgive' your mistake. Your next sentence will explain YOUR problem...YOU just misunderstood..."

Let us ask google, or a dictionary, what does the word "authoritative" mean: "able to be trusted as being accurate or true; reliable"
Did trench claim that "Sun" as a publication was authoritative? No. He said that a reading (=an article) was authoritative. Which is factually correct. The article was in fact authoritative.
msmob's claim, questioning the credibility of information, however, is based on the fact that he is misinformed. Which I have politely pointed to him.
To which he responded to me with some crude remark on his 'forgiving' me "my mistake" and insinuations regarding my (supposedly poor) English-language proficiency. After that he went on with a rant about MY problem, and something about pissing contest. Which to me, personally, proves again that he was in fact trying to patronize me and offend me. 

Since he hasn't responded to my question how many foreign languages does he speak, I presume this can mean anything in the range [0, infinity).
Before judging my foreign language skills and offering his rude forgiveness, he can start with improving his own reading comprehension skills in his native language.

I do not personally care what is his role on this forum board.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 04:49:32 PM by mies »

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2017, 05:09:47 PM »

. Which to me, personally, proves again that he was in fact trying to patronize me and offend me. 

hey-- don't take Moby seriously --99% of the board see him for what he is !
He repeatedly insults etc in the attempt to provoke a reaction . Moby thinks it is all about him-- and as such--- seeks to make every thread a moby vs   anyone who bites thread!
To say he is loose with the truth--is a compliment when referencing moby. :welcome:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »

Yup - you did ..end of..

Since he hasn't responded to my question how many foreign languages does he speak, I presume this can mean anything in the range [0, infinity).
Before judging my foreign language skills and offering his rude forgiveness, he can start with improving his own reading comprehension skills in his native language.

Just wasn't seeking a 'pissing contest'..

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2017, 09:34:19 PM »

I disagree.

What I do think, is that msmob's patronizing tone is highly inappropriate and plain rude.

Let us review the key points in this discussion:
Trench: "got some authoritative reading from the Sun her on the recent law change over domestic violence in Russia and some statistics on the subject"
msmob: "perhaps you could use parentheses to denote irony" -- what was there to be ironic about? has the amendment to the law not been voted on? No. It has been voted on positively, twice so, in two readings. The only thing that can prevent it from happening now is a Presidential veto.

The irony he was referencing was in referring to The Sun as "authoritative".  It was just humour on moby's part, taking a jab at The Sun.  Trench got it.  I did too, probably because Canadian humour is closer to Brit humour, and I know that The Sun is a rag.  It would be akin to using SpongeBob Squarepants as an authoritative source for knowledge of sea life.

me: "Trenchcoat is right. You are misinformed." - the article did contain information that was factually correct, hence - "authoritative read"
msmob: "As English is your second language, I will 'forgive' your mistake. Your next sentence will explain YOUR problem...YOU just misunderstood..."

Let us ask google, or a dictionary, what does the word "authoritative" mean: "able to be trusted as being accurate or true; reliable"
Did trench claim that "Sun" as a publication was authoritative? No. He said that a reading (=an article) was authoritative. Which is factually correct. The article was in fact authoritative.
msmob's claim, questioning the credibility of information, however, is based on the fact that he is misinformed. Which I have politely pointed to him.

None of which negates the joke.

To which he responded to me with some crude remark on his 'forgiving' me "my mistake" and insinuations regarding my (supposedly poor) English-language proficiency. After that he went on with a rant about MY problem, and something about pissing contest. Which to me, personally, proves again that he was in fact trying to patronize me and offend me. 

I believe he was referring to the fact you missed the "joke", rather than the source of informatioon or its nature.  I would put that down to culture rather than language. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:47:38 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2017, 10:01:51 PM »
Yup, Boethius has put it better than I could ..

Let's not feed trolls

Offline mies

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2017, 11:17:58 PM »
I disagree.

The irony he was referencing was in referring to The Sun as "authoritative".  It was just humour on moby's part, taking a jab at The Sun.  Trench got it.  I did too, probably because Canadian humour is closer to Brit humour, and I know that The Sun is a rag.  It would be akin to using SpongeBob Squarepants as an authoritative source for knowledge of sea life.

None of which negates the joke.

I believe he was referring to the fact you missed the "joke", rather than the source of informatioon or its nature.  I would put that down to culture rather than language.

Boethius, I have no problem understanding humor. And I know what kind of publication Sun is.
I do not see anything funny or humorous in the topic of violence against women, or denying the fact, by a man (not woman) as a way to make a joke.
Not all jokes are equally funny. Regardless of whether humor is British, Canadian, or Russian. Some are just not.
Some people are just rude. And they are trying to put a sticker "humor" or "irony" or "joke" on their rude and inappropriate attitudes and comments.

Offline mies

« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2017, 11:23:58 PM »
hey-- don't take Moby seriously --99% of the board see him for what he is !
He repeatedly insults etc in the attempt to provoke a reaction . Moby thinks it is all about him-- and as such--- seeks to make every thread a moby vs   anyone who bites thread!
To say he is loose with the truth--is a compliment when referencing moby. :welcome:

Thank you :-)

Offline msmob

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2017, 01:38:42 AM »
He repeatedly insults etc in the attempt to provoke a reaction .

Nope - if you regard my pointing out the lack off care you take to check some of the bollox you post as 'insults' - more fool you..

Moby thinks it is all about him-- and as such--- seeks to make every thread a moby vs   anyone who bites thread!

Nope - 'Moby' just has an opinion - based on his not inconsiderable exploits travels in the FSU. ..and when he sees someone posting daft - says so ...

)))  'Poor' JayH - another poster who makes up stuff when his feelinz get hurt ?

Yup .. a troll got fed...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:06:17 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2017, 01:48:39 AM »
Boethius, I have no problem understanding humor. And I know what kind of publication Sun is.
I do not see anything funny or humorous in the topic of violence against women, or denying the fact, by a man (not woman) as a way to make a joke.
Not all jokes are equally funny. Regardless of whether humor is British, Canadian, or Russian. Some are just not.
Some people are just rude. And they are trying to put a sticker "humor" or "irony" or "joke" on their rude and inappropriate attitudes and comments.

I'm 'sorry' ?

Are you now compounding your folly, suggesting I made light of the subject of DV ?

I've read a few of your recent contribution and they are coherently written and wise..  It is a shame that you still choose to doubt the council of Boethius
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:00:54 AM by msmob »

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2017, 04:48:07 AM »
I got the joke, hoping the original statement was indeed ironic. I laughed/groaned seeing "The Sun" and "authoritative" in the same sentence. The joke HAD NOTHING to do with domestic violence which is most certainly NOT a laughing matter.

Mies, in one of your posts you actually made the point:

Key parts of the definition of "authoritative" here - able to be trusted, reliable - implies doing something over and over and over again that establishes "trust" and "reliability". Therefore the Sun having one factually true article (probably purchased from Reuters or AP), is not enough to pass the test of "authoritative" since the one reliable article does not now make the Sun magically trustworthy in general or reliable.

Mies, I really really like the stuff you've been posting elsewhere here. Very informed, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and instructive. But in this case, sometimes its best to recognize when it's time to stop digging a hole.  ;)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2362
Total: 2372

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM