It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Care package  (Read 13066 times)

Offline wallm

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Care package
« on: March 09, 2017, 10:31:42 AM »
So, I would like to send a care package every few weeks to the lady I am interested in. How do I ship it? USPS? UPS? FedEx? Does the customs in Ukraine open every package and impose duty when they want to and how do I pay it if they want me to pay some duty?

What are some interesting things that you guys may have sent I could consider. I have my own ideas of course.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
Re: Care package
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 11:29:42 AM »
So, I would like to send a care package every few weeks to the lady I am interested in. How do I ship it? USPS? UPS? FedEx? Does the customs in Ukraine open every package and impose duty when they want to and how do I pay it if they want me to pay some duty?....

Most folks we know use this: http://www.meest.us/eng/poslugi/dostavka_posilok/ukraina.html

We just use USPS, but for Russia not Ukraine.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Brillynt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 03:20:53 PM »
I have sent packages many times using USPS over the last few years, it takes 2 to 3 weeks. I never had any problems with customs, I just put down that the items were not expensive on the customs declaration.  USPS won't allow certain items to be shipped so check out their website.  This includes perfume, but I shipped it anyways without putting it on the customs declaration. One thing I would suggest is to put her name and address in English and Russian on the package, just makes life easier for handling once it gets to Ukraine. Also it will not be delivered to her apartment, she will get a notification and will have to go pick it up from the post office. Your customs declaration will also be your tracking number so that you can track the package.  I always gave the tracking link to my wife so she could follow the package as well.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:25:24 PM by Brillynt »

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »
So, I would like to send a care package every few weeks to the lady I am interested in. How do I ship it? USPS? UPS? FedEx? Does the customs in Ukraine open every package and impose duty when they want to and how do I pay it if they want me to pay some duty?

What are some interesting things that you guys may have sent I could consider. I have my own ideas of course.

Yes, let's have the ladies fall for what you are as opposed to who you are. And raise their expectations......
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 03:29:27 PM »
Yes, let's have the ladies fall for what you are as opposed to who you are. And raise their expectations......

:-X  ;)
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline JayH

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 05:33:18 PM »
Most folks we know use this: http://www.meest.us/eng/poslugi/dostavka_posilok/ukraina.html

We just use USPS, but for Russia not Ukraine.

Meest is good system -- and once set up easy to use  .It is a tight system !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 06:43:05 PM »

Care Package? As in basket of food, chockies, fruit, drink, etc. New one on me, I know many of the websites for Women's day do this stuff from about $50 - 100 or more depending on how much you want to send. Expensive compared to how much you can but this stuff for in Ukraine but of course when not there. I'm not sure if doing it yourself would end up any more cost effective or time effective. I know one of the sites I use delivers free on orders over $80. Weekly I think any 'care package' would add up but if you have deep pockets. In a way sending her the money would probably be more efficient use of money but is usually a big no-no with girl as can set a bad precedent with girl just seeing you as a cash machine and ruining the relationship. I'm not sure if a 'care package' would be a better way to show you care without being perceived as easily taken or just amounts to much the same. For me I think LA man may have a point I'm not sure why she would need one on a weekly basis, once every so often maybe, but its your call.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline wallm

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 08:37:50 PM »
Shut up Trench. You talk too much. :D I said this already. I didn't say I will send her a care package on weekly basis. I said once every few weeks. This girl drives her own car and works two jobs. Doesn't need my money. For the first one I was thinking of framing a few of the pics we took together when I was there plus some Hershey's kisses which they don't have there as far as I know. Simple, sweet things. Don't you clowns turn this into another free for all thread.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:46:38 PM by wallm »

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 11:50:42 PM »
Wallm

If you don't want this tread 'ruined by clowns' - the the wording of your title should be changed - as it COULD be interpreted as some sort of welfare 'care' as opposed to, "I wish to demonstrably care for you, care... "

TC, When you have actually been in this twilight zone  of having met someone you want to care for ... then you can offer 'advice' ..

Offline wallm

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 01:30:22 AM »
Aptly put by the head clown. Thanks Moby. ;D

Offline msmob

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 02:13:31 AM »
Aptly put by the head clown. Thanks Moby. ;D

Mozhet bit, kto eto deystvitelno kloun... dolzhen smotrit na obbraz v zerkale....  ?  Ti stazher ;)

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 01:30:04 PM »

I disagree with you.  If a woman loves you for what you are, and is not a woman of dubious character, it would not matter whether you sent her stuff or not.  Same with raising expectations.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:52:08 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline calmissile

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 02:35:02 PM »

I disagree with you.  If a woman loves you for what you are, it is a woman of dubious character, and it would not have mattered whether you sent her stuff or not.  Same with raising expectations.

Is this really what you meant to say?
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 03:30:50 PM »
Heh, no, I didn't.

Corrected.  Thanks.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 06:37:59 PM »
USPS won't allow certain items to be shipped so check out their website.  This includes perfume, but I shipped it anyways without putting it on the customs declaration.

Customs officials in other countries can steal things especially if they're not on the list. Perfume bottles can break under rough handling. Flammable liquid and understandably restricted. Probably won't catch of fire but will certainly ruin the other items in the package.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline wallm

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 12:39:54 AM »
Customs officials in other countries can steal things especially if they're not on the list. Perfume bottles can break under rough handling. Flammable liquid and understandably restricted. Probably won't catch of fire but will certainly ruin the other items in the package.

I am sending framed photos of us and some Hershey chocolate and some French candy I picked up in duty free shop last week. :D

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 04:25:42 PM »
I am sending framed photos of us and some Hershey chocolate and some French candy I picked up in duty free shop last week. :D

That's a wonderful gesture on your part there, wallm.

FWIW, and certainly not trying to lessen your generosity, FSU folks pride themselves with their local chocolates, and they're very candid about that.

In the event you asked in the future how she liked the Hershey's, don't be surprised to hear all about 'chocolate content' in these sweets.  ;)

Offline wallm

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 04:54:59 PM »
She loves Snickers and asked me about Hershey. Hence the idea to send it.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »
...FSU folks pride themselves with their local chocolates, and they're very candid about that.

I'll second, third and fourth that!  One absolutely delicious brand that became my favourite in Russia was Вдохновение - nearly as good as Whittaker's!

Offline wallm

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 05:05:02 PM »
I tried the local crap. They suck. At least the ones i tried. Apparently the President owns a chocolate company. Those absolutely suck. YMMV. :D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 10:11:37 PM »

See's Candy chocolate truffles are always a hit with the ladies no matter how good they think their candy is. They have some locations in NY. Get a box and she'll love you forever.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 11:00:35 PM »
Shut up Trench. You talk too much. :D I said this already. I didn't say I will send her a care package on weekly basis. I said once every few weeks. This girl drives her own car and works two jobs. Doesn't need my money. For the first one I was thinking of framing a few of the pics we took together when I was there plus some Hershey's kisses which they don't have there as far as I know. Simple, sweet things. Don't you clowns turn this into another free for all thread.

The girl works two jobs and doesn't need money?  :D Funny logic if you have any.  ;D Check USPS prices for package, then decide if your artificial Hershey's worth it. I'm sure they have all this stuff in Ukraine even if you didn't see it. If your girlfriend knew how much it'll cost she'll say "Лучше б деньгами".
My future husband sent money monthly to me despite my 3 works and a good income. This money never were superfluous.
I shipped packages to my daughter living in Russia, it's about 100$ per large Priority Mail box, it takes about 2 weeks to deliver.

Offline JayH

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 11:15:58 PM »
The girl works two jobs and doesn't need money?  :D Funny logic if you have any.  ;D Check USPS prices for package, then decide if your artificial Hershey's worth it. I'm sure they have all this stuff in Ukraine even if you didn't see it. If your girlfriend knew how much it'll cost she'll say "Лучше б деньгами".
My future husband sent money monthly to me despite my 3 works and a good income. This money never were superfluous.
I shipped packages to my daughter living in Russia, it's about 100$ per large Priority Mail box, it takes about 2 weeks to deliver.

That does not translate so well for me--- basically you are saying that money is more useful ! ( correct me if I am wrong)
Also good post -- ( we have been here a few times previously !!  ;D)the forum gets hung up on the scam/money issue and it only serves as a disservice in my view.
A little extra money goes a long way to making life easier and takes some pressure of a girl-- especially if she is inconveniencing her life to be in contact.
As my lady says-- you can't eat flowers !
Just on that point --last week I had sent money for flowers ( we know that she can buy far better flowers and value than thru sending agencies) . She promptly bought flowers for her mother and sister. e . btw  I knew from the colours and type of flowers that she bought that she did not intend them for herself !I had anticipated that -- and arranged flower delivery for her  as a surprise
I can't emphasise enough  what a good idea that proved to be !! ;D

It is a REALLY REALLY important day to FSUW -- and never to be forgotten or ignored.
Sending stuff is a half good idea -- but--the principle is that it should be an extra --not instead of !
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:17:38 PM by JayH »
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 11:25:10 PM »

I just noticed the customs duty part of post-- that is best resolved in a way I previously indicated (pm) as the easiest and cost efficient way of handling business matters.
In years gone by -customs were a crooked nightmare - and depending on your likely capacity to pay would create delays.
Keep declared value nominal to real, and don't bother trying to send expensive stuff .
I would really hope that all this has improved -but have no recent experience to expand on.Often on arrival customs people will ask about gifts etc and money .  Being offhand works a treat !

Offline msmob

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2017, 11:30:43 PM »
I tried the local crap. They suck. At least the ones i tried. Apparently the President owns a chocolate company. Those absolutely suck. YMMV. :D

Chances are you've been brought up on local 'crap' - as many FSU chocs - like Roshen - taken from PoROSHENko - have higher chocolate content than many popular western brands ...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541382
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2540
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2530
Total: 2540

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Today at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Today at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Today at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Today at 08:06:00 AM

Re: Trippin........... by Trenchcoat
Today at 06:09:50 AM

Re: Trippin........... by ML
Today at 05:21:01 AM

Trippin........... by 2tallbill