It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Please Identify these Ladies  (Read 30702 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Please Identify these Ladies
« on: April 25, 2007, 09:00:32 AM »
I received this mystery photo in my email from someone who did not identify themselves. 

They stated that it was taken while writing a post to RWD.

Are Elen and Kvina in the photo?  Who are the other two?  Are they ladies from Antidate?

Please help.  I would like to know.

Offline jb

Re: Please Identify these Ladies
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 09:04:28 AM »
Gator,

LOL, no,,, that's just what RWs look like without their makeup on.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:39:19 AM »
Gator, I have met Elen and Kvinna, they are not in that photo. Elen and Kvinna are much younger and prettier.

Offline Gator

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:52:47 AM »
Jack, thank you.   I felt the same in my imagination about Elen and Kvinna, so I am happy you confirmed it. 

So the mystery remains unsolved.  They sure do have a nice laptop computer.

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 10:09:05 AM »
Perhaps they are the female version of "Fat Yuri"? That smokin' hot model you've been writing to who loves you and has a friend at the travel agency that can get her a visa if only you'll send $1500.00 quickly!  ::)

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 10:16:31 AM »
They sure do have a nice laptop computer.
The laptop is just a cover for the big stick between her legs (no pun intended ;)).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline wiz

• Alt Forum
  • Born in Greece living in England
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 10:32:49 AM »
Gator, I have met Elen and Kvinna, they are not in that photo. Elen and Kvinna are much younger and prettier.

The one with the Laptop is not Elen......

Online Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »
 >:(
Guys,

i don't think this thread looks good and I am sad to see it here. Irrespective of the behaviour of some women members, the thread looks offensive to Elen and Kvinna.

No complaints came to me so far, and I will think what I can do with this senseless topic.

If only the appearance would adequately reflect the essence.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Sohkay

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 12:52:07 PM »
Lily,

You are being overly sensitive, and perhaps a little anti-male. Things like this have occasionally occurred on the boards for at least the past couple of years that I've been reading them. I've read every post here and see nothing but a little good-natured ribbing. And then, if I were to compare it to the pages and pages of venom and outright ill-will I've seen kvinna and elen spew, it truly becomes a non-event at that point.

You are slightly out of line young moderator.

Sohkay

Offline Bruno

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 01:23:37 PM »
1) You are being overly sensitive, and perhaps a little anti-male...

2) And then, if I were to compare it to the pages and pages of venom and outright ill-will I've seen kvinna and elen spew, it truly becomes a non-event at that point.

3) You are slightly out of line young moderator.

1) anti-male ? Are you jooking... it remember one of my colored worker... when i give him work, he complain that i give him work more difficult that other because he is black... of course, he find that all work are difficult... From the begin, never Lily have show a anti-male behaviour...

2) It is not a excuse... if you find these two ladies be bad, by acting like them, you reach the same level... so, you are not better that other...

3) Moderator is always right... the only one who can comment is the Administrator... if you are not happy of Lily like moderator, send you complain to Dan... It is you who is out of line !

Offline Gator

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 01:26:33 PM »
Lily,

You are the moderator and I will agree, without protest, with what you decide.  

It was intended as an attempt at sarcastic humor and I think every American man will see it that way.  The photo just struck me as very hilarious in light of some recent discussions.

It was not intended to be insulting.   In fact, no sane American (if there are any) would think that these are the ladies at Anti-date.  And have you seen some of those wacky avatars at Anti-date?!  The above photo of babushkas with a laptop is  mild by comparison.  

Humor does not always travel across the gap between our two cultures.  Perhaps this thread can be made more beneficial by discussing that point and using this photo as one example of where Western men (Americans in particular) have a different sense of humor than RW.  

I am really busy for the next few days, so I can not contribute any more examples (besides  I have done enough harm today).  Suffice it to say that my ex- had a great SOH, and I consider myself the same.  Yet, we did not always laugh together.  She frequently would say, "Is this suppose to be an American joke; for sure it is not a Russian joke."

Another point, Russians have an expression something like "In every joke there is some truth".  That would suggest that Russians are more sensitive.  In America, men pepper their conversations with sarcasm.  American women do not unless they are trying to be one of the guys.  Psychologists say that men do this because of their fear of intimacy and expressing fondness, and use sarcasm as a surrogate - "I love you so much that I can laugh when you make fun of me."

Again, I am okay with your decision.  I apologize if I have insulted someone.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 01:30:57 PM by Gator »

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 01:34:53 PM »
Lily,

You are the moderator and I will agree, without protest, with what you decide.   

It was intended as an attempt at sarcastic humor and I think every American man will see it that way.  The photo just struck me as very hilarious in light of some recent discussions.

Absolutely ... this is a way we joke with each other, and even with our women sometimes..  I thought it was funny anyway...
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 02:59:17 PM »
This shows who is actually answering your e-mails when you think it's some hot Russian chick with a sexy profile.  It's called augmenting a meager pension.

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 08:49:05 PM »
Lily,

I fully agree with Gator's assessment of this thread. Some humor, some sarcasm, and some truth. No disrespect was intended in the posts that I can see.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 09:24:05 PM »
Wonder since when and in what society making personal ( as names were mentioned) jokes about women's appearance  and ages was showing a respect ? Especially in cases when you are not familiar enough with those women and did not too much efforts in your past to show friendly attitude to them to be such sure your jokes with doubtful intentions would be taken in right way?

PS I;m not going to make claims here to moderators I just not going to post here in that female's reservation organised with don't know what intention
But I do have one "demand" to moderator - don't delete this thread Let it be here like an example of what American males ( exactly that generalisation) think like appropriated things

BTW Gator

When you think that you maybe insult someone PERSONALLY you should not make apologies  to "someone" or to moderator but PERSONALLY to those whose names you used such clumsy for you silly jokes.

Wonder again are any ethicet rules which are universal all round the world applied to Americans and are they all the same ( judging by this tread ) or it's only this particular forum where such kind of jokes pop time after time as well as argument "you're just old Babushka" is the last lovely agreement in males' discussion here when they have a luck of something better?

I 'm not going to post that in Russian to bring my point because gentlemen  here are not able make transaltion well and I would be accused in "aggressive" behaviour in any way either they got a meaning of Russian sentences or they dropped 50% of words and got nothing.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 09:43:44 PM by Elen »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 09:33:32 PM »
Lily,

I fully agree with Gator's assessment of this thread. Some humor, some sarcasm, and some truth. No disrespect was intended in the posts that I can see.

Ken

I'm ready with open mind to see your explanation what exactly were humore here, what exactly were sarcasm and the most interesting part what exactly were truth

Hope you would find a time to clarify that ( as Gator "suddenly" became too busy to do that  ::) )

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 09:37:10 PM »
Don't send Gator to the Gulag at antidate. I think he prefers to be hogtied and beat with an ugly stick. Some men like that kind of punishment. ;)

For the record, I've never met Elen or seen her photos but somebody who has met her said she's HOT looking. She is not a babushka in the photo.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online Lily

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 09:41:33 PM »

if you find these two ladies be bad, by acting like them, you reach the same level... so, you are not better that other...

Thank you Bruno. The only thing I disagree with you is that the moderator is always right. No she isn't. I didn't meant this particular thread, though.

I realize the issue about the sense of humor and this is about different mentalities.

What made me particular sad is the suggestion of being ill-willed connected with old age and bad appearance. Moreover, the thread is posted at the Ladies Board, therefore is meant to be seen by women mostly. I don't think I would post anything like that if this thread was placed somewhere else, say, in Odds and Ends.

Elen, thanks for posting, and I am very sorry.

Online Lily

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 09:46:20 PM »
I'm ready with open mind to see your explanation what exactly were humore here, what exactly were sarcasm and the most interesting part what exactly were truth

Hope you would find a time to clarify that ( as Gator "suddenly" became too busy to do that  ::) )

Yes guys, can someone elaborate on this please? Thank you.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 09:47:31 PM »
It's not about different metalities at all It;s about good manneras and personal attitude to those " who we don't like"

Before somebody tell " you are the same, Elen" I offer that "somebody" to find any one my PERSONAL joke of such a kind

Offline Daveman

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 10:16:10 PM »
Yes guys, can someone elaborate on this please? Thank you.

The difference - I think it's a saying in Russia that every joke has an element of truth.  But that's not always true for us. What makes this funny is that there is obviously zero element of truth. It's a different style of humor.  The next phase in the 'joke' would be for Ellen or Kvinna to post a picture of "Gator" and then someone else, etc etc, and we all get a good laugh from "ribbing" or "roasting" each other..  I've been "roasted" this way many times by females at work, or on different boards.  I can't imagine any offense was actually intended.

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 10:21:34 PM »
It's not about different metalities at all It;s about good manneras and personal attitude to those " who we don't like"
Thats kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, don't ya' think?
You may not post a sarcastic cartoon or joke but you for sure attack men on this board & others with your twisted sense of logic. Argueing with you is like trying to teach a pig to sing, it only frustrates you & irritates the pig!
Russians for most part will never get our humor. I have tried & they just don't get it. They prefer slapstick comedy & that seems to be the basis of most of the humour I have seen in Russia. Anything more complicated seems not to fly at all. They just don't get it & take it as a personal insult. Sarcastic humor is particularly elusive to them, I have found, which even my wife doesn't understand most times until I sit & explain it to her.
Its acultural thing & if it can't be veiwed in that lite, oh well. ::)
Maybe 500 years of beating the people down in this country has destroyed their sense of humor. ???
Unfortunate as life is too short not to laugh ;D even at ourselves & our own shortcomings! ;D
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 10:26:27 PM »
As nobody here post such pics and make such fun about their own girls or about women they like then intention of such jokes is rather clear All your excuses is only lame excuses Nothing more
But never mind  ::) I don;t count at any apologises from such kind nation like Americans ( anyway they would be just their famous hypocrisy I  just made a not in my long term memory  ::) that's all

Online Lily

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 10:27:59 PM »

Maybe 500 years of beating the people down in this country has destroyed their sense of humor. ???

Agree, but rather influenced than destroyed. Humor is the thing that can hardly be measured at the good-bad scale.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 10:31:55 PM »
Thats kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, don't ya' think?
You may not post a sarcastic cartoon or joke but you for sure attack men on this board & others with your twisted sense of logic. Argueing with you is like trying to teach a pig to sing, it only frustrates you & irritates the pig!
Russians for most part will never get our humor. I have tried & they just don't get it. They prefer slapstick comedy & that seems to be the basis of most of the humour I have seen in Russia. Anything more complicated seems not to fly at all. They just don't get it & take it as a personal insult. Sarcastic humor is particularly elusive to them, I have found, which even my wife doesn't understand most times until I sit & explain it to her.
Its acultural thing & if it can't be veiwed in that lite, oh well. ::)
Unfortunate as life is too short not to laugh ;D even at ourselves & our own shortcomings! ;D

I offered to find even one moy PERSONAL joke of such a kind You failed one more time But your post perfectly proved what exactly were an intention of this thread. But like I said never mind. I'm off from this reservation which for sure is more close to ghetto and leave you in a peace here to have your fun.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541379
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1400
Most Online Ever: 12701