It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: International Dating in the age of Covid  (Read 3837 times)

Offline cameraguymn

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
International Dating in the age of Covid
« on: June 16, 2020, 12:39:54 AM »
What are your expectations and goals?

I'm not looking at going overseas within 3 month or 6 months - not probably until there is a vaccine.

More importantly what are the ladies expectations now?

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: International Dating in the age of Covid
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 02:44:30 AM »

I'm not looking at going overseas within 3 month or 6 months - not probably until there is a vaccine.

Given the common cold is a coronavirus variant, you're not going abroad, ever ((

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »
so you’re an “old school" advocate
i.e. going to an economically disadvantaged culture
and exploit the economic difference (a multiplier effect for you)
to gain better leverage in the “market”
hoping to find yourself a “McMouse” Muse
right?

yeah...

Westerners “look different” to Russian women and Russian women ARE VERY ATTRACTED to handsome Western Men, they get TONS of attention from Women there!!!

women can be openly forward
I’ve had women sneak kisses from me at parties who had basically just met me

and I’ve taken lots and lots of young Russian women to banias
and watched their skin glisten with perspiration
while I catch them glancing sideways out of their eyes looking at my “you know what”
mine was likely the first circumcised one they had ever seen, as well as probably the only "manscaped' one
and seemed to spark their interest and curiosity
so....
WELL, of COURSE I had to let them touch it!!!!

OK?

this was a normal part of the dating scene in Kyiv back then, for real
mutual junk inspection!
I saw MORE Pooty-Tang in my first month in Kyiv, than I did my whole life in the USA
I was in SHOCK!!

getting naked with them at a bania (and 100% they will go along and get naked with you!)
was just one of a bunch of different ways to see naked women in Russia/Ukraine
before Corona

it was like a sport, where the pay-off was you got to see some Russian/Ukrainian girl's junk
when she got stoned/drunk
either in the bania, or the pool, or in the living room. flashing you, after removing her underwear
while making intense eye contact with you
to gauge your reaction

or getting them to model for me, a figure study
standing nude before me
a perfectly sculpted body
created purely from nature
and then you can see
how the look in her eye has changed
and she doesn't want you
to paint her any more

but probably in a few more months Ukraine will return to lockdown again
and will be off limits to travelers like Russia will be as well...

nothing like sunny KrimSkaya!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:27:40 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 01:40:59 PM »
What are your expectations and goals?

More importantly what are the ladies expectations now?

If you can bring the girl a free gas mask as a gift you will probably be most welcome by them ;D

Recent news reports from Ukraine has suggested the virus has been spreading there at a higher rate for the last five days:

http://www.intellinews.com/second-wave-of-coronavirus-hitting-ukraine-185434/

So the jury is still out for Ukraine. They are apparently in the process of opening borders, for how long and whether any flights will resume who knows?

Ukraine is the sort of country that will suffer badly economically and otherwise if they get hit with a wave of the virus like we did. They locked down early, same time as us in the UK but with far less cases. People thought this would mean they would get away with the big rise in cases we had but that might prove presumptuous given recent news. Still too early to tell if this will turn into a big wave but with lockdown now eased in Ukraine it may not be a good sign.

Game is as always that it is the economic differential as Krim highlights above that helps out the Western Man. If Ukraine's economy suffers badly out of this, worse in comparison to western countries then that differential can widen. Personal economic circumstance of the guy at home also can affect that. It sounds bad to say if girls are not doing well economically in Ukraine then better chance for the Western Man in general but it tends to be true. While you don't want a desperate woman who will likely dump you when she is no longer desperate if there are economic forces at work that make you more admiralable then that will likely make it easier.

Myself I would like to get out there for around September time if things are decent enough. If things are going bad with the virus out there then then I won't. If things are going bad with the virus here then I won't as girls are unlikely to want to meet.

I am eager to get out there but I don't want to do it if too much virus risk or ordeal in doing so. If there ever is a vaccine for this virus of any sort or any sort of half way decent treatment is one thing but I don't see much of that coming about any time in the next few months. I think social distancing will be the way forward. I feel social distancing has only been done quite well in a few places so far. In many of the places I visit in the UK ill thought out methods have been devised that doesn't comprehensively sort out the problem. I hope in time businesses will adapt better and it will become a more manageable part of life.

I think the dating scene will come back out there and elsewhere and it may be possible to get in this year depending on what happens. I personally would go if risk is not too high as you can catch the virus anywhere. I always wear a professional mask in highly trafficked areas, Supermarkets, busy public places, etc and take it off when just dealing with individuals 2 meters apart, I also wear gloves. So for me it would just mean doing the same in Ukraine, etc.

What about you CG, how did you come to the FSU dating scene?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 05:14:11 PM »
So the jury is still out for Ukraine.

Ukraine only reports just over 900 deaths yet my MIL reports she can't even get an appointment at a Ukrainian hospital.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 11:56:14 AM »
Ukraine only reports just over 900 deaths yet my MIL reports she can't even get an appointment at a Ukrainian hospital.

Yeah, it seems a bit low, I know most of Eastern Europe supposedly had fewer cases at the start than us at the same point in time me. If they are covering up a lot of it then they could be in a bad way indeed.

It looks like from today's articles Ukraine is holding off on any further easing of lockdown. Maybe it might be the start of a U-turn but either way I'm not sure flights will be leaving for there any time soon:

http://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/ukraine-to-prolong-adaptive-quarantine-amid-spike-in-covid-19-cases.html
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 12:50:05 PM »
Unlike you, Trench,  I check stuff out before posting and making a prat of myself ;)

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 03:35:43 PM »
The rapid international spread of the virus worldwide was caused by international travel. Why put yourself in that cesspool where people are constantly coming into contact with people who have made contact with 100 different people who have made contact with a different set of 100 people. 

I've been to Eastern Europe in college. Always was fascinated by the culture, history and art so there is a natural attraction to Russian and Ukrainian women - and who isn't attracted to hot women who speak English a little funny? Getting back into looking for something long term but I'm learning all about all the scams. Thanks to some sage advice through this forum and another one I've learning it's a new set of rules. 

This pandemic seemingly is putting a stop into a casual trip to Eastern Europe. I was planning on going out there this summer. I probably wouldn't venture out unless there's been some really strong bonds formed. But life will get back on track some way or another. The pursuit of love (or lust) always finds a way.

I have to say this. The few relationships I've had with Russian and Ukrainian women - super intense. Crazy drama with incredible highs and lows. Dating stateside seemed a cheaper and more sane situation for many years.

Offline msmob

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 11:41:23 PM »
The rapid international spread of the virus worldwide was caused by international travel. Why put yourself in that cesspool where people are constantly coming into contact with people who have made contact with 100 different people who have made contact with a different set of 100 people. 

In many E.European nations ( that had, have aspirations to join the EU )  you'll be safer than the US, based on infection rates ...

and who isn't attracted to hot women who speak English a little funny?

N.Americans speak 'English' like they constantly have clothes pegs clasped over their noses ...For sure, it's more interesting to hear English spoken with a Slavic accent and the word order jumbled up..;)

This pandemic seemingly is putting a stop into a casual trip to Eastern Europe. I was planning on going out there this summer. I probably wouldn't venture out unless there's been some really strong bonds formed. But life will get back on track some way or another. The pursuit of love (or lust) always finds a way.

I have to say this. The few relationships I've had with Russian and Ukrainian women - super intense. Crazy drama with incredible highs and lows. Dating stateside seemed a cheaper and more sane situation for many years.

You seemed to have talked yourself out of this venture.. I can't WAIT to meet my other half in a country that had a very low incidence of COVID-19 and will welcome folks from nations with a crap reputation for handling the crisis, like the  UK, RU, US ..

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 07:48:20 AM »
wot's all this about Yank lingo, eh?
is it worse than the wanna be Jafaikan spoken by college kids in London?
no...

but you're right about the future though...
the foreign bride days are gonna be over with soon!!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 12:43:51 PM »
Looks like Ukraine might just be starting their big rise up in cases:

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ukrinform.net/amp/rubric-society/3047595-ukraines-coronavirus-cases-doubled-in-past-week-stepanov.html

Like we had, cases doubling then doubling again, etc in the big rise up the curve, if they continue to follow this path then the rise in deaths follow.

So this is bad news for those of us looking to go out there. If it continues like that those plans are likely to be off the table for quite a while.

I don't reckon Ukraine can take another economic hit if closing down their economy again and may just decide to take the hit on people's lives.

Belarus seem to be there guy lipped on how it's going down there, so I'm not sure Belarus can be counted upon. Russia I am doubtful if they are over it so I'm not counting on that.

Looks like we'll just have to wait it out a bit longer and see how it goes.

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 01:07:08 PM »
Of COURSE, Russia isn't 'over it' ... VVP just told the Governors to end their region quarantines to 'normalise' lie, so as he could have his ' make me a Tsar referendum', which most do not support, but he is going through the motions ..

The regions with high numbers are now free to spread the virus to those who've not had issues, up to now ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2020, 01:29:44 PM »
Of COURSE, Russia isn't 'over it' ... VVP just told the Governors to end their region quarantines to 'normalise' lie, so as he could have his ' make me a Tsar referendum', which most do not support, but he is going through the motions ..

The regions with high numbers are now free to spread the virus to those who've not had issues, up to now ..

Ah, so it's a bit different to what we hear on the news reports online then. Sounds like Russia is out as well then and looks like they may be getting their turn in the virus up peak. If so then that will certainly be something to avoid.

As an alternative I've been thinking about a Bulgarian, it's apparently not bad out that way if reports are to be believed. Other that that there is Italy, the girls out that way are likely to be eager to please as the economy is unlikely expected to go well. I could bundle it in with buying up a cheap holiday property while I'm at it :)

Would kind of be a shame about Ukraine but who knows they might come back from it before the year's out.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 01:50:41 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 08:36:39 PM »
Speaking with a gal from Belarus and she said the country is not on lock down. She's been working all this time.

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2020, 09:44:57 PM »
Speaking with a gal from Belarus and she said the country is not on lock down. She's been working all this time.

That's correct,

Her President believes the 'healthy lifestyle' of Belarusians will see them through and they'll be one of the last countries whose citizens will be welcome overseas ..

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2343
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2336
Total: 2347

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM