It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Rushin in Russia  (Read 28405 times)

Offline Nightwish

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Rushin in Russia
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2017, 03:06:47 AM »
woohoo Jone..

Looks like the start of the road to success..  :thumbsup:
Wish you all the best and hope to hear more about this..
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline ML

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2017, 10:03:06 AM »
Nice story Jon, thanks for sharing.

Perfect slender thighs.
What is she:  5 foot 10, 110 pounds ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2017, 11:54:04 AM »
5 feet six.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2017, 01:32:36 PM »
5 feet six.

That pic musta been taken from nearly the ground!!! ))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline jone

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2017, 05:07:56 PM »
I believe it was taken by her little sister who is shorter than she is.   It does give the illusion that she is taller than she is.   But her head fits nicely under my chin when we are standing up. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2017, 08:11:09 PM »
   But her head fits nicely under my chin when we are standing up.
[/quote

So you did waste some time.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2017, 08:15:42 PM »
Ne panimayu?  What could you possibly be talking about?

Offline jone

Rushin in California
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »
So,

Here is continuation of story.  When I went to Russia, I took with me two boxes of chocolates, a very nice Dodgers jersey (woman's size) and a helicopter that is remote controlled (around $30.00) for her son.  I never met her son, as he was visiting his grandparents while we were together. 

PB went up to visit her parents and retrieve her son on Friday.  When she got there, she gave her son the helicopter.   To a seven year old, this is a big deal.  I now have a video of it taking off and a thank you post from her son.  I later heard from her that in flying it around, they landed it on the roof of a building and had to get on the roof to get it back.  I never told her that the instructions recommend only flying it indoors.

So, I flew to her home.  She didn't introduce me to her friends.  She did show me her home.  And we did grow close together.  What is the next step?  Obviously, she should come to California, if possible.  Never one to let moss grow on the rocks, I planned a trip for her and bought her a ticket.  She had a visa left over from a trip two years earlier and has the ability to enter into the country without further visa requirements.

Thinking things through, I realize that this is going to be tough on her little man, so I got her a phone yesterday and it has internet access without wifi.  This gives her son the ability to call her night and day.  When I told her last night, she was very appreciative (I had sent her a WhatsApp message from the new phone so she would have the number.)  In another thread, we have gone through her last run in with customs officials and I shared with her the group advice, of which she was very appreciative of.  Now, today, she sends me a very sexy picture of herself with the Dodgers shirt on (every time she takes a picture, it can't help but be sexy).

We are now all set for her arrival ten days from now. 

Now I have had relationships with women from Eastern Europe before.  This isn't my first dance.  But somehow, I am more conscientious of how she will feel, in our society.  While she was here before, she said that every time she heard an American speak English, she couldn't understand it.  But when we are together, I speak slowly, and enunciate each word and she only stops me occasionally to ask for clarification.  She will be dependent on me, without a group of friends around, to be her ears and her interpreter.  That's a big deal. 

More later.

Offline BC

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2017, 04:54:11 PM »
LOL.. reminds me of myself 15 or so years ago after a whirlwind tour of Ukraine and Russia that included a proposal.

Got off that last plane, picked up my bags, got in the car and drove home.  Plopped myself on the couch and my first thought was 'WTF did I just do'.....

Offline jone

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2017, 12:03:54 PM »
Hah, BC,

No proposal at this time.  I have enough years to know that these things don't happen overnight.  But aspire to how well you did.

Offline jone

Krusin in Kalifornia
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2017, 12:10:19 PM »
Step 2 Begins Today.

PB texted me from Moscow and confirmed that she's on the last leg of her flight that will bring her into Kali.  She is nervous about entry.  Based on recommendations from members here, we created a full itinerary for her stay and she has it printed out in both Russian and English. 

I realize that you can never clean your house enough for a Russian woman, but the place looks spotless and the car is washed.  True to Russian tradition, I have a gift for her that she would not get herself.  A par of Ugg slippers to wear once she takes her shoes off and before she enters the house. 

I meet her in the airport in a couple of hours and have a bouquet of Roses for her when she makes it through customs. 

She couldn't sleep last night .... too nervous about everything going on in her life ... and now, perhaps we can hop in the Jacuzzi and relieve some of that tension. 

Will update as time allows .....

One more quick note:  PB has seen pictures of my bedroom and knows what my bed looks like.  But as a symbolic gesture, I did get new sheets for the bed - and will make it, direct from the box - when she is with me.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 12:20:44 PM by jone »

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Krusin in Kalifornia
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »
Step 2 Begins Today.

Based on recommendations from members here, we created a full itinerary for her stay and she has it printed out in both Russian and English. 

Haha, I doubt anybody is going to look at any paperwork but if it makes her feel better great. It is the answers to any questions that would be more  valuable. Personally, I think it will be fairly simple(she has been before) and they may end up having to silence PB!!! )))

just wondering, do sheets have to be washed first ..........even if just coming out of package?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline ML

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2017, 12:40:21 PM »
And sheets should be soft flannel to help mitigate against knee and chin burns.

Offline JayH

Re: Krusin in Kalifornia
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2017, 01:57:47 PM »
Step 2 Begins Today.

PB texted me from Moscow and confirmed that she's on the last leg of her flight that will bring her into Kali.  She is nervous about entry.  Based on recommendations from members here, we created a full itinerary for her stay and she has it printed out in both Russian and English. 

I realize that you can never clean your house enough for a Russian woman, but the place looks spotless and the car is washed.  True to Russian tradition, I have a gift for her that she would not get herself.  A par of Ugg slippers to wear once she takes her shoes off and before she enters the house. 

I meet her in the airport in a couple of hours and have a bouquet of Roses for her when she makes it through customs. 

She couldn't sleep last night .... too nervous about everything going on in her life ... and now, perhaps we can hop in the Jacuzzi and relieve some of that tension. 

Will update as time allows .....

One more quick note:  PB has seen pictures of my bedroom and knows what my bed looks like.  But as a symbolic gesture, I did get new sheets for the bed - and will make it, direct from the box - when she is with me.

Good luck !!

Me being an expert housekeeper ( that is a not! ) You should wash new sheets before using !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2017, 08:51:03 PM »
Good luck to you both

Offline jone

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2017, 11:04:19 PM »
Couple of quick points before I move on with the tread:

1.  Bought pre-washed sheets.

2.  Most burns are usually associated with rugs, as in rug-burns.

Offline jone

Krusin in Kalifornia
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2017, 11:09:26 PM »
So, finally equipped for Medved I made it to the airport..... 

I arrived at 2:20.  Her flight arrived at 1:56.  I looked around the receiving area in Terminal B.  No PB.  Now I know my own experiences in airports.  I usually breeze through customs and pop out around a half an hour after the plane arrives, luggage intact. 

At 3:00 I started to get nervous.  Then I realized I had forgotten my phone.  Dashed back to the car in parking and back to the receiving area.  Still no PB.  I eavesdropped on a couple of Russian looking people's conversations and realized that I was not the only one waiting.  So, at 3:15, finally, there comes PB. 

Honestly, she looked a little worse for the wear.  I asked her if she had slept.  She had only slept two hours in the past 24.  I asked her what she wanted to do.  SPAT, came the response. 

She is reading this over my shoulder as I write.  But we are distracted (I took advantage of her long call to her son to do a quick update.  But that call is now over.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:17:55 PM by jone »

Offline jone

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2017, 03:04:04 PM »
Okay, PB is off to the pool and I am trying to get some work done from home. 

This will be quick.

She came into customs and the guy asked her if she knew anyone in the US.  She said 'No'.  He said that it was probably good that she didn't and laughed.

So much for all of the preparation. 

Now we are into her visit, two days later.  Many of the things I didn't know about PB are being answered now.  Likewise, I think that many of the things she wanted to know about me she is finding out.  The first real time spent together is a telling time. 

Before I launch into anything, I should point out that we are very loving to each other.  We are compatible as a couple and quickly divided responsibilities.  She is happy to do anything that moves us forward.  I find that attribute as one that could be the winning combination in creating a relationship.

After she slept the first night, we went out at eleven o'clock.  She put on a hot little black number and looked like the reason the Tom Cat Howls.  We found a chic restaurant down at LA Live and proceeded to demolish a goodly amount of food.  Upon returning, we were able to pick up where we left off in Chelyabinsk.

But there are drawbacks, too.

First off, she does not like dogs.  The first time they came running up to her when she walked in the door, she screamed.  Not a good thing.  She claims to like cats.  But dogs, no.  We were cuddling the first night and one of the dogs was whining for attention.  I told it to go in the kennel, which he did.  She then asked me how old the dog was.  I said nine years old.  She said that it was good.  It would die soon.  I told her that I found that hurtful as I obviously loved my dogs - but was quick to point out that they are only dogs, not people.  Since that time she has made an effort to get along with them.

I didn't have much in the way  food in the house.  We went shopping and everything needs to meet her approval.  While I have no problem with that, we went out for lunch and she commented that I should start on a diet.  She was telling me as if she were already in command of my life.  I told her when we were married, she could put me on any diet she wanted to.  She did smile at this and can tell it went into the 'Stored for Future Use' category. 

We went to the Queen Mary as a diversion yesterday.  Also there is a Soviet era submarine.   I think she had fun.  They have some old touring cars that are restored and I took some nice pictures of her.  Then we went to the Korean Bell center in San Pedro.  Got some great pictures of her there.  But she is very critical of her own pictures. 

She is certainly a dichotomy.  She has a fun side to her and a very serious side.  I am very easy going.  She is more serious and introspective.  Today she went through my Instagram pictures and friends to understand who each woman is who has befriended me.  I think she is satisfied with the answers.

More later.

Offline BC

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2017, 12:54:22 PM »
Thanks, jone!  Sounds like you are having fun.

Yes.. our western way of including animals in our lives as a member of the family can become a nasty subject.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2017, 06:27:36 PM »
Good luck Jon.  Sounds like you might be on your way to finding a winner.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline jone

Krusin in Kalifornia
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2017, 09:57:06 AM »
Good Morning,

I am in Beverly Hills this morning at a Russian beauty salon.  My suggestion to PB as a treat.  She is getting a hair treatment, without color, for her morning treat.  I have no idea what it is, but she seems to think it is fun and I am happy to sit through.  Am surrounded by Russian women who all think I am strange because I am waiting for her.  But I can tell she is pleased that I am here.

Wow.  So much has happened in the past four days that I can hardly recount. 

First, I set aside $2000 for treats for the two of us while she is here.  In that department, we picked out a beautiful dress and shoes for her at Macy's.  She wore it yesterday and looked very chic as we originally intended to go to the LA County Art Museum.  But it was closed.  So, instead we went to Farmer's Market and The Grove.  I liked being able to treat her to some upscale shopping there and the result was a new Coach purse that fits with her new outfit from yesterday.

PB is no stranger to luxury, but I have the feeling that such luxury came at a cost earlier in her life.  I can't put my finger on it, but while she has received some wonderful material goods, her lifestyle while she takes good care of her son is not extravagant.  She has not had many new clothes in the past two years as he is the focus of her life.

We talked last night.  I asked her how she felt about our time together.  She said that everything was perfect except for the dogs.  I am beginning to believe that the dislike of dogs is targeted at all animals and is coupled with some latent asthma.  She has not had any allergy attacks but reminds me that she is allergic.  I think she was told she had asthma when she was young and has associated that with a fear of animals.  What happens if she transfers this fear to her son who also has asthma.  Asthma is frequent in young children but often dissipates later in life.  It is possible that her son will develop her same fear of animals and, therefore, never be able to have fun with a pet.  In any event, I have to deal with her fear but she also knows that the dogs are part of me and that it would tear me apart to lose them.  This remains an open issue.  We will deal with it in the future, I suspect.
Later:

We went to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art yesterday afternoon.  This was a hit.  PB was done out as we had just come from the hairdresser.  We had lunch at Farmer’s Market, and then on to the Museum.  They have a huge selection of Picasso paintings as well as some great Egyptian remnants.  She talked about the museum all the way home, which was over an hour through traffic. 

Last night we made dinner together and had a special and soft time.  It was wonderful and she and I both know we have something special.  Today she was showing her son the dogs on Viber so he could comment.  You could hear his excitement.

This woman is all a man could want…whether Russian or any nationality.  She is warm, has a hint of humor about her all of the time, and knows how to love.  Amazing that she has not found someone sooner

Offline jone

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2017, 10:11:10 AM »
One more thing:  She now reads everything I put up here.

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2017, 10:32:28 AM »
Glad things are working out for you! :clapping:
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2017, 04:29:29 AM »
One more thing:  She now reads everything I put up here.

So you had better start being nice about the liberals!  :D

Glad it seems to be going so well.

Offline jone

« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2017, 10:09:22 AM »
Everyone but you, Kiwibreath.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1866
Total: 1877

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM