It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Girl's Internet Connection is real bad, can anything be done?  (Read 4257 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
So this is one pain that is cropping up a fair bit, my girl's internet connection is pretty bad. Skype video often slows & cuts out & the quality form her end is not great. I'm not sure if its her equipment or just the local connection. She has an iphone type of phone although possibly a knock off. She lives in Kherson, so not the wealthiest region. Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on this? Even messaging over Skype is a chore of waiting ages for a response at the moment and getting pictures through to her is proving problematic. My thoughts are at the moment is that its local connection as when in Kiev it seemed ok, any thoughts?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Girl's Internet Connection is real bad, can anything be done?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 02:55:20 AM »
Sounds like she is in poor mobile data coverage area

Wait until your next meeting and decide if you want to invest in providing her with a home internet connection

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 09:18:32 AM »

If the girl likes you, she'll let you call her phone anytime. Don't need Skype.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 11:15:31 AM »
Sounds like she is in poor mobile data coverage area

Wait until your next meeting and decide if you want to invest in providing her with a home internet connection

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head they're Moby. In the past one time on Skype she was outside her apartment block and the Skype session didn't last long due to poor internet connection, most likely mobile internet, almost certainly I would have thought. Possibly she has better home internet in the apartment if she has home internet. I've done some sessions where she's been in the apartment and it varied, none were that perfect on the internet connection/quality front. Quite possibly she just uses mobile internet (she always uses her internet phone to Skype from what I recall). Though in the past she's said its not always convenient to video Skype in her apartment as sharing with other family members & they are kind of squashed in, which I can understand. I think it is probably worth me asking her about whether it is just mobile connectivity she has so that will at least help me understand the situation more. That and if better internet in apartment actually arrange set times to message when she is there. We currently message twice a day morning & evening, occasionally more if both off work. She comes from a poor background so could quite likely be the case, many thanks :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:17:56 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 11:23:32 AM »

She likes me for sure :D but I think we both prefer messaging, we both work so random calls are not convenient to either of us, plus her English is not that good, its okish but not at all fluent so seeing the other person really helps. Its just what works best for our relationship, other people with other circumstances no doubt prefer/use other communication methods, but I kind of like the set up we've got. Its really actually being together is where we want to be so inbetween it just dealing with not being together as best as possible. 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Girl's Internet Connection is real bad, can anything be done?
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 12:27:53 PM »
So this is one pain that is cropping up a fair bit, my girl's internet connection is pretty bad. Skype video often slows & cuts out & the quality form her end is not great. I'm not sure if its her equipment or just the local connection. She has an iphone type of phone although possibly a knock off. She lives in Kherson, so not the wealthiest region. Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on this? Even messaging over Skype is a chore of waiting ages for a response at the moment and getting pictures through to her is proving problematic. My thoughts are at the moment is that its local connection as when in Kiev it seemed ok, any thoughts?

It's probably the connection, she might even be piggybacking on a neighbors wifi, 
I know it's frustrating, make it work (your girl will). On weekends maybe she can
call from a better wifi connection.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »
we both work so random calls are not convenient to either of us, plus her English is not that good, its okish but not at all fluent so seeing the other person really helps.

Got to teach her English sometime. Although you won't be able to understand each other fully, you both should be happy to hear each others voices.

Its just what works best for our relationship, other people with other circumstances no doubt prefer/use other communication methods, but I kind of like the set up we've got. Its really actually being together is where we want to be so inbetween it just dealing with not being together as best as possible.

Faulty technology shouldn't make or break a solid relationship. Make do with what you got unless the problem is easy to fix. In the old days, before Skype and mobile phones, quality of international phone calls were bad and were expensive. Before phones, mail took months to travel overseas and may not even make it yet people maintained relationships. Consider yourself lucky with the technology you have, even if it's not performing at the moment.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 04:14:40 PM »

BB -- you are not following closely enough -- calling on the phone costs money !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 05:47:18 AM »
BB -- you are not following closely enough -- calling on the phone costs money !

Exactly :D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 05:55:12 AM »
Well I'm paying for her to have some English lessons and I think long term all will be good.

Turns out she just has mobile phone internet access so no internet access in the apartment. Its not so bad that its so patchy that making headway is at all arduous. It just means waiting a minute or two/few between Skype messages. Now that I know what the problem is I am more comfortable with the situation as before I was not quite sure what was happening. If it was her mood or when, where & what sort of connectivity was going on. Goes to show that communication with girls can vary depending upon circumstance I think.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 02:50:41 AM »
I would suggest you use Viber as a communication means. It works best via mobile/cell phones.

The fact that she is in Kherson, Kivy or Khmelnytskyi matters little for the internet connection.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 06:05:11 AM »
I would suggest you use Viber as a communication means. It works best via mobile/cell phones.

The fact that she is in Kherson, Kivy or Khmelnytskyi matters little for the internet connection.

You mean connectivity/response or just the interface?

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 06:22:03 AM »

I mean she downloads Viber onto her phone (assuming she has one) and you do the same (assuming you also have a phone)

Speak and exchange everything important, well except bodily fluids.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541296
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 3326
Most Online Ever: 12701