It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Reactions  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Reactions
« on: September 19, 2017, 01:45:17 AM »
Can anyone point me towards a post regarding friends, family and random peoples reactions to you dating / marrying a FSU woman, or tell your story here, good or bad.....
My Dr noticed I'd put a few kilo on today and wanted to know what's up. All I can put it to is chatting too much and not exercising as much as usual. When she heard the word Russian, oh boy did I get the third degree!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 01:59:20 AM by Davo »

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Reactions
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 01:58:00 AM »
Davo

Your Doc may have a point - get off your arse and keep active ... I understand chatting to a hot woman / women is adictive, but most aren't seeking a fat guy ;) 

I speak from experience - as every time we're parted- I gain weight and she loses it..

Dating / marrying a 'Russian' causes a few tongues to wag - probably more so - again - because of the' differences in foreign policy'.  When your family / friends meet her and see you are happy - they should be happy for you

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:22:08 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 05:04:46 AM »
Generally my family (I'm a single guy no children) well they urge me to look for a more local lass, not necessarily local, local but at least somewhere in this country. They are not so much rejectionist of FSW but I think they foresee all the BS that comes with foreign dating. They have a point, I may try for a girl in another part of the UK, I would not likely try around where I live as they are stuck up and as cold as ice and any even half way attractive normally has a line of guys after her. I do much admire the slavic physical qualities but when there is that twinkle in a girls eye it doesn't really matter where she is from so long as she's not fat ;D I too am aware that dating abroad often comes while a load of problems around lot of hot women after some other dubious reason than finding someone to be in love with. Unless a UK girl comes up though its something I will have to deal with. As to others reactions I'm not bothered, people usually settle down after a while and at the end of the day if your happy that's all what counts, people make different dating/relationship decisions all the time that others are not keen on, some date fatties, some date opposite gender or race so its just another personal choice really.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 05:26:01 AM »
You should listen to your family, Trench

Even they are telling you...this game is not for you..

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 06:16:37 AM »
Generally my family (I'm a single guy no children) well they urge me to look for a more local lass, not necessarily local, local but at least somewhere in this country. They are not so much rejectionist of FSW but I think they foresee all the BS that comes with foreign dating. They have a point, I may try for a girl in another part of the UK, I would not likely try around where I live as they are stuck up and as cold as ice and any even half way attractive normally has a line of guys after her. I do much admire the slavic physical qualities but when there is that twinkle in a girls eye it doesn't really matter where she is from so long as she's not fat ;D I too am aware that dating abroad often comes while a load of problems around lot of hot women after some other dubious reason than finding someone to be in love with. Unless a UK girl comes up though its something I will have to deal with. As to others reactions I'm not bothered, people usually settle down after a while and at the end of the day if your happy that's all what counts, people make different dating/relationship decisions all the time that others are not keen on, some date fatties, some date opposite gender or race so its just another personal choice really.

I'd like to add, the problem with them treating you like ice isn't the local girls, the problem is..... not the girls.

You think an attractive voman from FSU dont have a line of guys after her?? Yikes you are clueless..  :cluebat:

My woman still have suitors she never even met coming up to her door with flowers and candy asking her out on dates.
Her VK/Facebook and Instagram is overflowing with suggestions and flirting even if she stated in a relationship, and she has a picture of me with her on her profile.. lots of pictures of us together, lots of romantic moments where its clear, she is spoken for. Dont matter..

to OP - I had the same reactions from my family at first, there is still a lot of "stigma" about the myths of MOB industri, and that seems to be what everyone is thinking of when I mentioned I was looking in FSU, to specifics:  "Does she only want to leave Ukraine", "She only wants your money", "why someone you cant speak to (without translator present)" , "why can't you find a nice local girl" and so on.. it took 15 minute of meeting her and they all said the same thing, "You could never have found a better woman"
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:56:21 AM by Nightwish »
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 07:56:49 AM »
Can anyone point me towards a post regarding friends, family and random peoples reactions to you dating / marrying a FSU woman, or tell your story here, good or bad.....
My Dr noticed I'd put a few kilo on today and wanted to know what's up. All I can put it to is chatting too much and not exercising as much as usual. When she heard the word Russian, oh boy did I get the third degree!!

Your friends and family have been educated by television. They know that the men who consider foreign wives are losers or crazy. They also know the women in this endeavor are golddiggers and green card girls.

The only way to prove them wrong is the choose wisely.  Based on the quality woman I found some of my friends said if they were ever single again they're going to  consider doing what I did. Mothers  are always concerned about their sons. My mother was initially skeptical but now she tells me if I lose my wife it will be my fault. She's basically telling me to do my best to keep her.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Reactions
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 11:31:38 AM »

to OP - I had the same reactions from my family at first, there is still a lot of "stigma" about the myths of MOB industri, and that seems to be what everyone is thinking of when I mentioned I was looking in FSU, to specifics:  "Does she only want to leave Ukraine", "She only wants your money", "why someone you cant speak to (without translator present)" , "why can't you find a nice local girl" and so on.. it took 15 minute of meeting her and they all said the same thing, "You could never have found a better woman"

Most of my family, was curious about me chasing foreign girls but they figured I knew
what I was doing. It wasn't like I made one trip and came back married, joined the
Moonies, or decided to sell Amway or something. I have three sisters and two brothers.
I had one sister who was very skeptical, but Angel Eyes won her over when they first
met.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline jone

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 12:20:03 PM »
My family is firmly ensconced in accepting a woman from Eastern Europe.  First, the gal we had watching my father for seven years is from Ukraine.  Secondly, my niece is from Russia (adopted at the age of 2 is now 20.)  Third, some of my family members have been in many parts of Eastern Europe.

The one comment I received:  My sister said that she refused to have a sister-in-law who could not speak English.  That has never been a problem.

Having said that, the woman that I am currently dating has not yet met my kids.  While my son speaks a modicum of Russian, both have said that they just want me to be happy and are fine with whomever I choose.  That has yet to be tested.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 07:36:17 PM »
Most of my family, was curious about me chasing foreign girls but they figured I knew what I was doing. It wasn't like I made one trip and came back married, joined the Moonies, or decided to sell Amway or something. I have three sisters and two brothers. I had one sister who was very skeptical, but Angel Eyes won her over when they first met.

What have you got against Amway?  :o  Even I tried it for a short while, before realising it would take much more than "part" of my time.  :D

Offline ML

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 09:25:36 PM »
What have you got against Amway?

I met Betsy and Dick . . . briefly.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2361
Total: 2371

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM