It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Do you have to be rich ?  (Read 8176 times)

Offline Bee Farmer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Do you have to be rich ?
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2018, 09:29:30 PM »

The more non-marital sex partners, the less likely to be happy, more likely to be depressed, more likely to get an STD, and less likely to be in a stable marriage.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2018, 10:01:48 PM »

Abstinence is a good thing if practiced in moderation.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2018, 11:22:24 PM »
Hello do you have to be rich for the women to want to be with you?

In the case of attractive western women yes, in the UK these are the sort of lengths you have to go to unless you're happy to settle for a fatty:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44787426

Make sure you provide them with the suitable level of excitement they crave for also or you're history or as this article shows they are.

In comparison a FSW can actually be a cheaper option than buying the whole kaboddle that guy did. You can impress a FSW in a mid range restaurant for a few quid out there. You won't need the speed boat either you'll be glad to hear or need to needlessly do any extreme sports :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 12:50:30 AM »
In the case of attractive western women yes, in the UK these are the sort of lengths you have to go to unless you're happy to settle for a fatty:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44787426

Make sure you provide them with the suitable level of excitement they crave for also or you're history or as this article shows they are.

In comparison a FSW can actually be a cheaper option than buying the whole kaboddle that guy did. You can impress a FSW in a mid range restaurant for a few quid out there. You won't need the speed boat either you'll be glad to hear or need to needlessly do any extreme sports :)
Your words would have some worth if you knew what you were talking about.
Since you don’t they just illustrate your ignorance on all matters concerning women.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2018, 12:33:15 AM »
In further answer to OP question I think financial security is important. If your in a position where your job or business is vulnerable to disappearing then that is one area to focus on. A girl I am messagin and interested in at the moment was with a UK guy in a relationship some time but it fell apart when his job went and he struggled to get adequate replacement since it became obvious to the girl that the relationship would be going nowhere. Bad for him, good for me so long as the same does not happen to me with the rug being pulled from under my feet right at the most cruical time. With British Employers I have learned that you can't rely upon them. My job at the moment is fairly sound but you only need to make one false move, upset or be disliked without cause by some important person up the food chain and all of a sudden that secure job in the space of a few minutes becomes a insecure job or even a previous one.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2018, 03:43:18 AM »
In further answer to OP question I think financial security is important. If your in a position where your job or business is vulnerable to disappearing then that is one area to focus on. A girl I am messagin and interested in at the moment was with a UK guy in a relationship some time but it fell apart when his job went and he struggled to get adequate replacement since it became obvious to the girl that the relationship would be going nowhere. Bad for him, good for me so long as the same does not happen to me with the rug being pulled from under my feet right at the most cruical time. With British Employers I have learned that you can't rely upon them. My job at the moment is fairly sound but you only need to make one false move, upset or be disliked without cause by some important person up the food chain and all of a sudden that secure job in the space of a few minutes becomes a insecure job or even a previous one.

I'm curious..
If you think so.. then why are you on this 'quest'? you are anything but financially secure as has been established..
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Steamer

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2018, 09:03:36 AM »
                                   ***Generalization Warning!!***

What I've seen with RW is that they have no clue about what your salary means in relation to your lifestyle. Whatever amount you tell them sounds like a million bucks and can create false ideas.

No, being rich isn't a requirement (never hurts though). Saying that you are average or above ave. will convey the idea better. RW will not fully understand your situation until she is standing in you living room looking around and (more importantly) when she steps on your front porch and looks up and down the street at the neighbors. How are you compared to everyone else? This will matter to her.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline BillyB

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2018, 09:37:53 AM »
   Saying that you are average or above ave. will convey the idea better.

That's what I did. I tell the ladies I'm living the life of an average American. They have their own ideas on what that means. Saying that does not scare away women who are wanting to build a life with a man. It does scare away gold diggers. Some of them ladies stopped writing me after I said that.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Do you have to be rich ?
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2018, 11:25:20 AM »
Come on . . . you know this is not true!!!!
50% divorce rate even as most all persons are sure they have found the right girl/boy.
Try is all you can do, and hope for best . . . which only comes true about half the time, and even less for 2nd and beyond marriages.

The OP's question is
"Hello do you have to be rich for the women to want to be with you?"

My answer is based on the question. The answer is NO, you don't have to be rich
if you find the right girl and win her heart. Do you think that you need to be rich?

My wife moved to North Dakota to be with me.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:27:10 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2018, 11:44:59 AM »
$20,000 is a figure that some are quoting. IMO it's probably on the low side by quite a bit. If you live on the US west coast and fly into Moscow it's going to cost more than if you live in NYC. If you live in the middle of the US and you're visiting a woman in the middle of Russia it's going to cost much more.

A 2 week trip from NYC to Moscow, flight and cheap hotel, will run about $2,000. Add in a nice hotel and it's $3,000. Do this 5 or 6 times, add in spending money in Moscow and maybe a few side trips to London or Paris and that's already at least $20,000. Yes, you can save some money by staying at rental apartments instead of hotels but the savings aren't going to be that much. Most men say it's taken them far more than 6 trips to find a match.

Then there's the cost of the wedding. That can be $20,000 in itself. Or a few dollars for a civil ceremony. US government costs for her paperwork from beginning to naturalized US citizen done by an immigration lawyer can cost $10,000, likely more today. For my wife starting in 2006 to naturalized US citizen, done by an immigration lawyer cost about $14,000 and I got a discount. You'll save lots of money if you do it yourself and it can be done by the average American.   

Then there's the cost of an American education. How much of her Russian education will be accepted in the US? My wife had a Bsc in Math. Most of her education was accepted however since it was a decade old and lacked computer classes she had to do some computer classes and advanced math classes. Then she did a Msc. Total cost about $18,000 ending in 2010. Cost today about $26,000. Community college is cheaper as are trade schools for careers as a chef or hair stylist or electrician. If she wants to be a MD? Medical school in the US? Probably $250,000 and up. If she needs only English classes those costs can be free. In NYC there are many free classes for English learners for immigrants.

Other costs most men don't think about? What about transportation? Cost of a monthly bus pass or car? Metrocard in NYC is about $120/month. Cheap used car in NYC $3,000 and up. Yearly car insurance with decent coverage? $1,500 -$2,000. Driving lessons about $500. $1,000 if she knows nothing and is a slow learner.

What about food? Two can't eat as cheaply as one. I doubt our food costs doubled. Most times I ate out prior to marriage. Eating at home, for two, probably didn't cost more than my dining out for one. Your costs will vary. 

Then there's the cost of her clothes. We shipped most of her clothes and other valuables to the US. Cost about $1,200. If she arrives with just the clothes on her plus a couple of suitcases. It could be costly to fill her closets.

What about housing? Will she want to redecorate? Cost of a new bed at a minimum? $500. New house?

Those are some of the costs of bringing your new wife home. They are far from complete. As you can see, it might only cost $20,000 but will probably be much more.   

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2018, 11:56:19 AM »
$20,000 is a figure that some are quoting. IMO it's probably on the low side by quite a bit. If you live on the US west coast and fly into Moscow it's going to cost more than if you live in NYC. If you live in the middle of the US and you're visiting a woman in the middle of Russia it's going to cost much more.

A 2 week trip from NYC to Moscow, flight and cheap hotel, will run about $2,000. Add in a nice hotel and it's $3,000. Do this 5 or 6 times, add in spending money in Moscow and maybe a few side trips to London or Paris and that's already at least $20,000. Yes, you can save some money by staying at rental apartments instead of hotels but the savings aren't going to be that much. Most men say it's taken them far more than 6 trips to find a match.

Then there's the cost of the wedding. That can be $20,000 in itself. Or a few dollars for a civil ceremony. US government costs for her paperwork from beginning to naturalized US citizen done by an immigration lawyer can cost $10,000, likely more today. For my wife starting in 2006 to naturalized US citizen, done by an immigration lawyer cost about $14,000 and I got a discount. You'll save lots of money if you do it yourself and it can be done by the average American.   

Then there's the cost of an American education. How much of her Russian education will be accepted in the US? My wife had a Bsc in Math. Most of her education was accepted however since it was a decade old and lacked computer classes she had to do some computer classes and advanced math classes. Then she did a Msc. Total cost about $18,000 ending in 2010. Cost today about $26,000. Community college is cheaper as are trade schools for careers as a chef or hair stylist or electrician. If she wants to be a MD? Medical school in the US? Probably $250,000 and up. If she needs only English classes those costs can be free. In NYC there are many free classes for English learners for immigrants.

Other costs most men don't think about? What about transportation? Cost of a monthly bus pass or car? Metrocard in NYC is about $120/month. Cheap used car in NYC $3,000 and up. Yearly car insurance with decent coverage? $1,500 -$2,000. Driving lessons about $500. $1,000 if she knows nothing and is a slow learner.

What about food? Two can't eat as cheaply as one. I doubt our food costs doubled. Most times I ate out prior to marriage. Eating at home, for two, probably didn't cost more than my dining out for one. Your costs will vary. 

Then there's the cost of her clothes. We shipped most of her clothes and other valuables to the US. Cost about $1,200. If she arrives with just the clothes on her plus a couple of suitcases. It could be costly to fill her closets.

What about housing? Will she want to redecorate? Cost of a new bed at a minimum? $500. New house?

Those are some of the costs of bringing your new wife home. They are far from complete. As you can see, it might only cost $20,000 but will probably be much more.

and to say that in one sentence, to find her is not cheap, but once you married her and you bring her home is when the money starts rolling. ;)

I made a calculation in another thread, based in UK (or as for me Sweden) one weekend trip to Ukraine would be about $7-800 if you include everything and with a bit of planning ahead.

So of course it is cheaper from here but that is based on that you find the "one" on that first trip.. for me it took about 25 trips and ~150 days on the ground in Ukraine before I found mine.

25 trips á $1000, easy calculation.. and I spent a heck of a lot more then that.. up to about $50-70K by now in 4 years in just travels, accommodations and spending cash, but then again, I always looked on these trips as a vacation 'with perks'..
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2018, 01:32:11 PM »
I'm curious..
If you think so.. then why are you on this 'quest'? you are anything but financially secure as has been established..

At the moment I am not financially secure but I reckon I could be in about a year's time. Till then I can't afford to waste time not looking for women.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2018, 01:42:05 PM »
A quick estimate is that I have probably spent about  £6-7k over these 2 and a half years at it. That is 5 times out there. It would probably be less than that were it not for the last girl so could probably knock up to 2K of that.

I know I haven't spent loads since I don't earn loads. I could have probably stayed in cheaper hotels though they weren't normally the most expensive but thought hey, since I can get goid quality hotels in Ukraine so cheap, why not. Most of the places I have stayed have been nice through careful selection rather than being at the very top end. I think it's a case of pace yourself along on this. Many of my trips were pretty much holidays also. Since I have seen the most touristy parts of the FSU now I will probably go more for the girl now.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2371
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2361
Total: 2372

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM