It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: And the wait begins...  (Read 24950 times)

Offline KenInUtah

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
And the wait begins...
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:57:48 PM »
Well guys, I mailed all the paperwork for the K1 today to the lawyer.  It took a little bit to compile all the info needed but the paperwork was sent today.  Now we wait for USCIS to give us their blessing.  Let's see how long it takes.  From reading online, it seems to be going quick lately in Moscow, about 80 days from filing to interview.  I can only hope.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
And the wait begins...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 03:48:30 PM »
Where were you doing your reading online? Visa journey is the best information, usually most updated information you can find. It's better than the USCIS website (which sucks btw). When I filed the application nearly 8 years ago, there was an 8 months wait. Due to USCIS incompetence that 8 month wait turned into 11 months. Stay on your toes. I understand it's a lot better now but the incompetence I'm sure hasn't changed a bit.

Offline KenInUtah

And the wait begins...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 04:08:45 PM »
Got the info from Visa Journey

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
And the wait begins...
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 04:46:50 PM »
Hopefully, your lawyer won't make the wait time even worse. Its so simple to do the K1 paperwork that you really don't need a lawyer. Most of the people that used lawyers said it actually lengthened their wait.....
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
And the wait begins...
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 08:41:10 PM »
Your lawyer will make many typing errors, which will come back to bite you on a$$ at some point and cause big delays.

Trust no one but yourself to do the paperwork correctly.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline HiTech

And the wait begins...
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 01:10:50 PM »
I also made the mistake of a lawyer on my first K-1,it slowed the process dramaticly. I did all the rest of the imigration stuff myself (Adjustment status, citenship,her fathers grean card myself, with visa journey it really was a piece of cake.

The forms are easy, it is gathering the information that is most of the work.

Good luck with the wait, to me it felt like my life was on hold, having no control over the time frame, not being able to make many plans.

HiTech
If you like aviation check out http://www.flyaceshigh.com

Offline KenInUtah

And the wait begins...
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 07:58:21 AM »
Hi guys!
We got our NOA2 yesterday - APPROVED! - Not bad, only 32 days after I got NOA1.  So far, my lawyer has done a great job. Easyfiancevisa.com

Now we need to figure out what we need to do next.  I have been following VJ and they seem about a week behind in their dates.  I have read the roadmap they give so I already have my tax transcripts and she has ordered her police report and got the cat her shots (Utah and the plane require the vet records).  What else should we be compiling?

Online Faux Pas

And the wait begins...
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 12:16:22 PM »
Hi guys!
We got our NOA2 yesterday - APPROVED! - Not bad, only 32 days after I got NOA1.  So far, my lawyer has done a great job. Easyfiancevisa.com

Now we need to figure out what we need to do next.  I have been following VJ and they seem about a week behind in their dates.  I have read the roadmap they give so I already have my tax transcripts and she has ordered her police report and got the cat her shots (Utah and the plane require the vet records).  What else should we be compiling?

If you've got the NOA2, your compiling should be done. She needs an interview date

Offline TagUrIt898

And the wait begins...
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 01:24:42 PM »
Hey Ken, congrats on making it to the next step in the process.  Hopefully you two will have you're visa in no time.  I've read that quite a few people advised against using an attorney.  Everyone's got an opinion to share, you have to do what's best for you.  Not all attorneys are incompetent and not all are stellar at that jobs.  Sounds like you have a a good one.  I hope the process continues to go smoothly for you both.

Tag

Offline ML

And the wait begins...
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 02:52:07 PM »
There are a ton of complications and tasks to do to get a gal here, get her settled and adapted . . . it goes on forever.

If a person needs a lawyer's help with one of the easiest of the tasks, then . . .
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline KenInUtah

And the wait begins...
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 03:40:33 PM »
Wow, thanks for the support ML.  Don't let your "holier than thou" out too much, do you?

Offline Wayne

• Trips: None (yet)
And the wait begins...
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 12:35:14 PM »
USCIS will mail the file to NVC for processing. FBI will do a background check on both of you. When NVC finishes their processing, the case file will be sent to the US Embassy. An embassy case number will be assigned. She will need to get the medical tests completed  prior to the interview at the embassy.

You can find detailed information at the embassy website, which is available in English and the language of the country where the embassy is located.

Does your attorney have a representative at the embassy city?

Offline Turboguy

And the wait begins...
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 05:38:54 PM »
Congratulations on the NOA 2.  The wait for a visa seems like it takes forever but it usually actually does go pretty quick.  Contrary to what you are hearing here once in a while lawyers do manage to successfully process a visa.  I usually suggest not using one but I do think a lot of people are more comfortable going the way you did.  Since you already went that route I can't see much use in discussing the pros and cons of using a lawyer.

Some of the visas do seem to be going fairly fast now and hopefully yours will too.  Keep us posted and smooth sailing.

Offline yaricksl

• Spouse's Country: Kyrgyzstan
  • Trips: Resident
And the wait begins...
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 07:37:08 AM »
So, I had blood draw yesterday and now I wait 4-6 weeks to find out if 1 I am xy and 2 if I have PAIS.
Åñëè äåëà èäóò ïëîõî íå õîäè ñ íèìè.

Offline BillyB

Re: And the wait begins...
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 03:06:25 PM »
So, I had blood draw yesterday and now I wait 4-6 weeks to find out if 1 I am xy and 2 if I have PAIS.

Yaricksl, you're always off topic and always making little sense. I googled what you said and the only two places that sentence is written exactly like you wrote it is here at RWD and Susan's place, a transgender resource. Your other posts are lifted off other forums too. How much of your life are you going to waste doing what you're doing?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 06:57:20 PM »
OK, everything has been at NVC for 2 weeks and I sent her all the paperwork she needs today (in triplicate) so she should have those Friday.  We're hoping for her packet sometime in about two weeks.  The attorney said the projected day to have the Visa in 9/10

Offline TagUrIt898

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 09:03:58 PM »
Thanks for keeping us updating. Polina and I will be submitting our K1 visa application very soon. It's good to see the process from someone who is actually is going thru it.

Tag

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 09:43:25 PM »
Back in '05, it took us about 6 months to get to the interview stage. This year, 2015, it took... just under 6 months. No complaints here.
 :clapping:

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 05:52:15 PM »
Tag, it was 32 days from NOA1 to NOA2 at the Cali Service Center so that wasn't bad.  It's been at NVC for 2 weeks already and according to other timelines on VisaJourney, it should be about time to go to the Embassy.  We are figuring around the end of next week the Embassy has it, about another month from NOA2.  She has all the paperwork ready, except her Police report, which she should have next week...so as soon as she gets the packet, she will schedule her interview and get her medical done.  We are guesstimating her interview will be on my birthday, September 4, just short of 90 days from sending the application to USCIS.  Oh yea, my lawyer is doing a WONDERFUL job (for all those naysayers).

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 06:58:35 PM »
Tag, it was 32 days from NOA1 to NOA2 at the Cali Service Center so that wasn't bad.  It's been at NVC for 2 weeks already and according to other timelines on VisaJourney, it should be about time to go to the Embassy.  We are figuring around the end of next week the Embassy has it, about another month from NOA2.  She has all the paperwork ready, except her Police report, which she should have next week...so as soon as she gets the packet, she will schedule her interview and get her medical done.  We are guesstimating her interview will be on my birthday, September 4, just short of 90 days from sending the application to USCIS.  Oh yea, my lawyer is doing a WONDERFUL job (for all those naysayers).

Sweet! But for full disclosure, how much has he charged you?

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 07:08:47 PM »
$895 - EasyFianceVisa.com

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 07:11:29 PM »

Offline KenInUtah

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 09:58:44 PM »
And the next good news! That was quick! Only 2 days at NVC

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 10:11:47 PM »
Nice! That sure beats the 7 weeks we had at NVC...

Offline TagUrIt898

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 10:14:28 PM »
$895 - EasyFianceVisa.com

Ken what does the $895 include?  Visa preparation, application fee,etc?

Tag

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2226
Total: 2237

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM