It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is it actually Russia that is imposing more and more costs?  (Read 95225 times)

Offline LiveFromUkraine

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Is it actually Russia that is imposing more and more costs?
« Reply #375 on: February 06, 2015, 11:08:55 AM »
If the reforms required by the EU hold in the Rada, I could see  a time in the very near future where there would be a run on farming in Ukraine.  I spent a significant amount of time in the Mykolaiv area reviewing old farming infrastructure left over from SU days.

Appreciate the info posted up thread, jone.  It certainly looks like there will be a run on farming which is why I was asking those questions.  While the investment and upgrades in tech would be immensely helpful, you still have to worry about it being overly dominated by the big corps. 

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #376 on: February 06, 2015, 11:09:45 AM »
Yes, I agree.  I don't think non Ukrainians should be allowed to buy farmland.  They are not in Canada.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #377 on: February 06, 2015, 11:12:47 AM »

They don't have to do business in the U.S.  The U.S. has no jurisdiction in Switzerland.

You can't get away from the US financial markets.  It is impossible, which is why the whole world crashed when we did.  To say they don't have to do business isn't realistic. 

See above.  BTW, it is not just Switzerland caught in this.  Canadian banks have to hand over information as well.  The difference is, Americans with Canadian bank accounts are already paying tax on those accounts.

Yes, the US is pushing for this to be the norm and is getting their way.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #378 on: February 06, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
I don't really have an issue with American tax cheats being discovered.   Canada has a self reporting system now for foreign holdings.  It just doesn't have the clout of the US to force compliance by foreign banks.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #379 on: February 06, 2015, 11:29:34 AM »
I don't really have an issue with American tax cheats being discovered.   Canada has a self reporting system now for foreign holdings.  It just doesn't have the clout of the US to force compliance by foreign banks.

It also screws legally abiding citizens trying to use foreign banking services.

http://blogs.wsj.com/totalreturn/2014/09/22/tax-evasion-crackdown-has-intense-impact-on-expats-survey-finds/

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #380 on: February 06, 2015, 02:44:57 PM »
You were the one who wrote "sanctioned nations."  Please write clearly if you attempt to make a point.  However,  part of writing clearly is thinking clearly, something beyond you. 

Don't blame me if you couldn't figure out the logical conclusion of what was written...I clearly mentioned non-sanctioned nations is who they were working with...  It twas YOU that glossed over that and instead plucked out off nations never mentioned like Myarmar..in order to make a pointless point. 

3.  India and China are under no threat of being sanctioned.

Actually that is not entirely true...many nations are always under the threat of sanctions.  If China were to make a strong military move they could be sanctioned, and your inability to see/consider this indicates the extent of your blindness. 

That said, the US might have a difficult time trying to sanction a country we have become so dependent on. A country that is smartly buying up assets throughout the world, while we spend resources dithering in Ukraine. 

1.  The difference between the West and Putin is one word, control.   If the US were interested in control, we would have done what the Soviets did in Europe after WWII.   Do you think the other countries mentioned such as India and China would trust Russia?

:ROFL:
Considering how knowledgeable you seem to think you are, the misunderstanding of world issues is breathtaking.  It isn't and wasn't ever a case of trusting!

That's not it.  Mendy is a far better writer than me; it is his profession.  He is able to use more compassion and elegance in pointing out that you are a blockhead, even suggesting the possibility there is hope for you.  I, OTOH,  know both your darkside and your lack of depth.  You are hopeless, so hopeless that you do not recognize your failings.

You only think you know darksides because you put your own on display here, and I am now happy I was able to provoke it merely by having strong opinions about our role in Ukraine and how I thought/think this should be handled!    :D [/size][size=78%] [/size]

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #381 on: February 06, 2015, 03:14:10 PM »

Hard to say FP.  As of right now, I would agree, but things can change.  We were lucky to bring down the whole world during the last economic fiasco.   Otherwise who knows whom could have landed on top.  Hong Kong and Singapore are tech hubs now.  I can see more and more investments following that route to be honest.

I don't have any doubt that the dollar will fail and it will eventually change into a one world currency but, nothing will take place between the dollar and a one world currency. The day of reckoning is coming when the dollar dies and when it does, 2008 will be a trip to Disneyland for the globe

Offline Gator

Offline Boethius

Offline fathertime

« Reply #384 on: February 14, 2015, 11:43:13 AM »
I was browsing the internet this morning and found a couple links discussing EGYPT and Russia abandoning the US dollar.

The second link is Jen Psaki, denying this will happen because“We provide a great deal of security assistance to the Government of Egypt,”
[/size][/color]
[/size]It is interesting how security assistance (Military) is so entwined with financial benefits such as using the US dollar.  Those who control finance can then feed their military which feeds their financial capacity, which feeds their military, which feeds their financial capacity.... and so on and so on.   Not the only factor of course, but always plays a role.    [/color]

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/09/putin-says-russia-and-egypt-actively-discussing-replacing-u-s-
[/size][size=78%]dollar-in-their-trade-agreements/[/size]

http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/02/11/us-believe-egypt-russia-will-end-dollar-usage/
US State Department Spokesperson Jen  Psaki said that she does not believe that the Egyptian government would share the statement if asked during Tuesday's Daily Press Briefing
Fathertime! 

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #385 on: February 14, 2015, 01:39:11 PM »
I was browsing the internet this morning and found a couple links discussing EGYPT and Russia abandoning the US dollar.

The second link is Jen Psaki, denying this will happen because“We provide a great deal of security assistance to the Government of Egypt,”

It is interesting how security assistance (Military) is so entwined with financial benefits such as using the US dollar.  Those who control finance can then feed their military which feeds their financial capacity, which feeds their military, which feeds their financial capacity.... and so on and so on.   Not the only factor of course, but always plays a role.   

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/09/putin-says-russia-and-egypt-actively-discussing-replacing-u-s-
[size=78%]dollar-in-their-trade-agreements/[/size]
[/color]

http://www.dailynewsegypt.com/2015/02/11/us-believe-egypt-russia-will-end-dollar-usage/
US State Department Spokesperson Jen  Psaki said that she does not believe that the Egyptian government would share the statement if asked during Tuesday's Daily Press Briefing
Fathertime!

And what are they going to use?

The (quickly flunking) Euro? Or the (useless) Rubble?

Bwa hahahahahahaha
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline fathertime

« Reply #386 on: February 14, 2015, 04:35:37 PM »

And what are they going to use?

The (quickly flunking) Euro? Or the (useless) Rubble?

Bwa hahahahahahaha

Well Muzh today this story just hit the wire regarding Egypt:
Egypt ends US arms 'monopoly' with French jet fighter deal
http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-ends-us-arms-monopoly-french-jet-fighter-212939915.html

Here are a few selected quotes:"Egypt no longer wants to be "blackmailed" in its relations with the United States, said Zayyat, an expert with the Cairo-based National Centre for Middle East Studies.""The contract (with France) is an implicit message to the United States signifying that Egypt will no longer count exclusively on US weapon supplies," said retired Egyptian army general Mohammed Mujahid al-Zayyat."Egypt will continue to buy weapons from the Americans but it will also buy them from Russia, and this was clear during Putin's visit to Cairo," said Arab affairs expert Mathieu Guidere.I had a little difficulty with the formatting here so the quotes all bunched up.[/font]

Offline Muzh

« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2015, 11:17:04 AM »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #388 on: February 16, 2015, 01:42:11 AM »
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Doll

« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2015, 04:55:21 AM »
Mendy, wrong move to post this video- Russians are not b^$(*tching , they're calm (though Putin is evel hahahaha)
Exactly what I said before- Russia is used to it.

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2015, 05:44:53 AM »
Sooooo calm that they have resorted to hoarding Ikea furniture to preserve their wealth.

Offline Doll

« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2015, 05:46:21 AM »
Sooooo calm that they have resorted to hoarding Ikea furniture to preserve their wealth.
I am commenting Mendy's video. Don't remember they talked about Ikea.

Offline sleepycat

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2015, 05:55:48 AM »
Then why aren't you back in Russia to endure the hardship alongside your fellow compatriots?
Finding dirt a bit hard to swallow after getting used to dining on tender scotch fillet steak?  :cluebat:

Offline Doll

« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2015, 05:58:31 AM »

Offline Doll

« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2015, 06:00:13 AM »
Then why aren't you back in Russia to endure the hardship alongside your fellow compatriots?
Finding dirt a bit hard to swallow after getting used to dining on tender scotch fillet steak?  :cluebat:
First- I answered this question many times
Second- it is none of your business
Last- I am planning on returning to Russia.

Offline Doll

« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2015, 06:03:27 AM »
This is one of the comments on this video exactly what I said many times)

the West still does not understand Russians at all:-) you have absolutely no idea....all those medias waiting, when Russians will finally get scared only make me laugh.....EU citizens should get scared, because this will fall hardest on them and they are not used to hardships like Russians are

Offline Doll

« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2015, 06:21:48 AM »
I am living very modestly here. My older son and his family eat much better
Why steak is "scotch"?
You have no clue how many poor people live in the US. I mean- they live "modestly". When I shop groceries I can watch people thinking heard when they see prices for beef. Didn't see many people buying NY steaks for %11.00 a pound. Forget file minion  which is more than $15.00 a pound.
They (most Americans) shop for simple food ( and a lot of frozen junk)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2015, 12:59:49 PM »
Doll:
Mendy, wrong move to post this video- Russians are not b^$(*tching , they're calm (though Putin is evel hahahaha)

It was not a wrong move. It was journalism. I understand that is not common in your past, but over time you will become used to it.

In free countries Doll, all sides of an issue are shown. Some of those interviewed had no concerns, but others were cutting back.

A propaganda piece would have edited out whatever did not fit the theme of the interviewer. This piece showed both sides. That is honest journalism.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Muzh

« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2015, 04:22:12 PM »
Doll:

It was not a wrong move. It was journalism. I understand that is not common in your past, but over time you will become used to it.

In free countries Doll, all sides of an issue are shown. Some of those interviewed had no concerns, but others were cutting back.

A propaganda piece would have edited out whatever did not fit the theme of the interviewer. This piece showed both sides. That is honest journalism.

Mendy, old Soviet relics are hard to die.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #399 on: February 24, 2015, 10:23:32 AM »

Just noticed a piece in one of Russia's main Orthodox publications about the sanctions and their impact on the Lenten fast. For those who read Russian, the link is: http://www.pravmir.ru/pochyom-postitsya-v-krizis-infografika/

Nothing earth shattering in the article, other than the observation that sanctions, especially those reverse sanctions ordered by the Kremlin, are having a continual impact on daily life.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541457
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1973
Most Online Ever: 12701