It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Getting money to your ladies  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Goombah

Getting money to your ladies
« on: January 31, 2005, 08:22:19 AM »
When I visited Kiev, I left my lady with an ATM only card and the pin number.  This seems to be an effective way to allow her to have access to funds, and she has used it ONCE in the last 5 weeks - which in itself was a good sign, unless the bank has blocked it.

I'm afraid to ask the bank, since giving it to someone else might be considered a violation of the terms and conditions.    Does anybody know if the banks really care, so long as I'm willing to take the risk on the account balance?

Kevin C.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 08:26:46 AM »
Goombah,

Did the same here.. gave her a credit card with ATM. Had my name on it (would have given with her name but we weren't married yet).  No problem whatsoever with the bank.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 05:41:04 PM »
Another option is to use iKobo.com. The way they work is that you get on the internet and send money to a designated recipient. That recipient receives a Visa ATM card from iKobo (in a few days time) to enable them to withdraw the funds. That iKard is reusable for future transfers.

Their cost is approximately 3% to you sending the money -and there is a $1.99 per transaction ATM fee.

Be advised, they have a multi-level marketing scheme going on where you can make money for refering others to their service (no, I am NOT participating).

I used iKobo to send money a while back and it worked flawlessly.

Just another option.

- Dan

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 06:45:21 AM »
I sent a Visa/Debit card and everything went well until the machine lost power.

She went to retrieve the card from the bank and since my name was on it they refused to return the card.  Nothing was ever said by my bank with the transaction in Odessa, and I just told the bank to cancel the card and no questions were asked.  
Necessitas dat ingenium

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1819
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1809
Total: 1819

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM