It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Video - I am a Russian Occupier  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Video - I am a Russian Occupier
« on: March 03, 2015, 05:37:55 PM »
An interesting article on a video glorifying Russia's Soviet past -
http://www.rferl.org/content/i-am-a-russian-occupier-video-dont-mess-with-moscow/26879732.html
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
Interview with Russian soldier injured in fighting in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:12:48 PM »
Yet more evidence that units of the Russian Army are fighting in Ukraine:

Dorji Batomunkuev, military unit number 46108, is 20 years old and part of the Russian fifth tank brigade from Ulan-Ude, a city near the Mongolian border. He is a conscript and was called up 18 months ago. When we meet at the Central Regional hospital in Donetsk, his face and hands are burnt and bandaged, and his ears are singed and shrivelled. Beneath the dressings, he’s still bleeding.

He says he was injured in the eastern Ukraine town of Lohvynove on 9 February, at the mouth of the Debaltseve pocket, while fighting alongside the separatist militia of the Donetsk People’s Republic against Ukrainian forces.

The soldier said that he and his fellow tankers weren't told that they were headed to Ukraine, but realized it without being told.

“They told us that we were going to train but we knew where we were really going. I was already prepared mentally and morally – we would have to go to Ukraine.

“Back in Ulan-Ude, the numbers and emblems on some of the tanks were painted over, and our patches and chevrons were removed when we arrived at the firing range. We took it all off in order to disguise ourselves. Passports were left with the military units and military IDs were left at the firing range.

There is no other reason for painting over or removing insignia than to be able to maintain deniability that Russian troops were fighting in Ukraine.

When did you find out that you were on your way to Donetsk?

“When we read ‘Donetsk’ on signs, when we stopped in the city and saw the inscription ‘DNR’. Oh, we are in Ukraine! I poked my head out of the hatch to see the city. It is was beautiful city, I liked it. Everything beautiful.

“When we arrived, we went to a shelter and parked. We were taken to a campus for a hot meal and then put into rooms. One of our guys had a phone, and we found Radio Sputnik. There was a discussion being broadcast about whether there are Russian troops in Ukraine, and all the guests were like: ‘No, no, no’. We all listened, and said to each other, ‘yeah, right’.

The interview goes into some details about the fighting, including how this soldier was injured.  He was evacuated to a regional military hospital in Rostov (Russia, just across the border with Ukraine), where he was treated without being registered on any admission list.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/25/russia-ukraine-soldier

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Interview with Russian soldier injured in fighting in Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »
Yet more evidence that units of the Russian Army are fighting in Ukraine:

Good article, I read it earlier today. Funny how all the interviews are translated from Russian sources initially.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Video - I am a Russian Occupier
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:18:31 PM »
After reading some of these articles, I realize that they don't realize that they're fighting the Ukrainian army.  He constantly deflected to the Poles and Mercenaries from Chechnya. 

Can you imagine the US having a fight with Canada (invading) and telling the US soldiers that they aren't really Canadians that the US is fighting.  But mercenaries brought in from Siberia?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

lordtiberius

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 04:47:42 PM »
Russia is, has been and always will be a terror state.

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 05:01:47 PM »
Russia is, has been and always will be a terror state.

As long as it is run by the criminal kleptocrats.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
Look back at all of the statements from Strelkov/Girkin.
And yet Russians are in denial of their involvement in Ukraine???

Putin has said that he would respect the Ukrainian elections that have put the government in place in Kiev. And yet Moscow continues to call the government in Kiev a 'dictatorship'. This is exactly why the West is against Putin's Russia. The West does not want to conquer or humiliate Russia. The West wants Moscow to respect the government in Kiev, and the people of Ukraine. Will that ever happen? We understand that Moscow wants the West to respect the separatists in Donetsk and Lugansk, but those separatists say they would like to expand to Lviv and Romania. Remember what they said as they fired missiles into Mariupol? I suggest that Russian citizens communicate with their cousins in Kiev and Lviv. Get a clue about the realities there.
Russia is a powerful nation, but is that all there is? Russians are proud of their big bombs? Grad missiles? Tanks? The word, 'Russia' makes the world think about tanks and weapons. Countries are afraid of Russia. Are Russians unable to see how this affects them? The Russian mindset looks barbaric to me.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 10:10:42 AM »
Look back at all of the statements from Strelkov/Girkin.
And yet Russians are in denial of their involvement in Ukraine???

Putin has said that he would respect the Ukrainian elections that have put the government in place in Kiev. And yet Moscow continues to call the government in Kiev a 'dictatorship'. This is exactly why the West is against Putin's Russia. The West does not want to conquer or humiliate Russia. The West wants Moscow to respect the government in Kiev, and the people of Ukraine. Will that ever happen? We understand that Moscow wants the West to respect the separatists in Donetsk and Lugansk, but those separatists say they would like to expand to Lviv and Romania. Remember what they said as they fired missiles into Mariupol? I suggest that Russian citizens communicate with their cousins in Kiev and Lviv. Get a clue about the realities there.
Russia is a powerful nation, but is that all there is? Russians are proud of their big bombs? Grad missiles? Tanks? The word, 'Russia' makes the world think about tanks and weapons. Countries are afraid of Russia. Are Russians unable to see how this affects them? The Russian mindset looks barbaric to me.

PhotoGuy,

I understand the imagery that forces you to believe that the Russian mindset looks barbaric.  But I know many Russians.  They are far from this.  They are warm loving people. 

It is unfortunate that the Russian government chooses to present to the world the new version of the Soviet Big Lie, but that's what we are getting.  Please do not judge the Russian people by the face their government shows to the world.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 11:19:54 AM »
PhotoGuy,

I understand the imagery that forces you to believe that the Russian mindset looks barbaric.  But I know many Russians.  They are far from this.  They are warm loving people. 

It is unfortunate that the Russian government chooses to present to the world the new version of the Soviet Big Lie, but that's what we are getting.  Please do not judge the Russian people by the face their government shows to the world.
No, but  I would judge them by their approval of Putin's actions.......
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

lordtiberius

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 02:14:20 PM »
How could these people approve of this?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats