It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Poll

Where is Your Wife/Fiance/Girlfriend From?

Russia
62 (45.3%)
Ukraine
58 (42.3%)
Belarus
7 (5.1%)
Moldova
1 (0.7%)
The 'Stans
4 (2.9%)
Other FSU
5 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author Topic: Poll - Lady's Country of Origin ?  (Read 19227 times)

Offline Patrick

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Poll - Lady's Country of Origin ?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 04:23:01 PM »
I have been to Moldova . I was there in 2002 and again in 2003. I was seeing a lady there . She was here 4 times as well. She works for the World Bank and comes and goes  as often as she wishes. She lived and worked here for 2 years.

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 04:58:53 PM »
I believe that majority posters met their wives/girlfriends via agencies. Will I be wrong if I say that every UW placed herself with one of them?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 06:09:38 PM »
I believe that majority posters met their wives/girlfriends via agencies. Will I be wrong if I say that every UW placed herself with one of them?

In our case, we met from an introduction by friends - so yes, it would be incorrect to say that every UW placed herself with an agency.

- Dan

Offline jinx13

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 06:20:22 PM »
 yep, didn't meet my UW through an agency either...curious as to why you would make that statement?

Offline ConnerVT

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 06:22:10 PM »
See? You should always positively never use absolutes...   ;D

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 07:03:38 PM »
How you met your lady might make an interesting poll.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 07:34:36 PM »
How you met your lady might make an interesting poll.

Might want to start a separate one.

- Dan

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 08:03:46 PM »
Yes, I agree a separte one would be the way to go.  I am busy trying to get ready for my trip to Russia.  If someone wants to start one go ahead.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 10:45:36 PM »

And me, i have meet my Ukrainian girlfriend via Forum like these one !

Offline Albert

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2006, 11:05:52 AM »

- - - - -

Just to be a little nit picky here; the guys that responded to Wild Orchid did not quite answer her question.

For instance Dan says:  "In our case, we met from an introduction by friends - so yes, it would be incorrect to say that every UW placed herself with an agency."

Now Dan, your wife may or may not have placed herself with an agency, but to say that she didn't because you met via friends does not quite prove the point.

Same applies to response of jinx13.

Offline Shadow

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2006, 11:50:02 AM »
A Moskovicha with well-travelled background.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2006, 12:13:22 PM »
A roll of the dice sent me to Rostov.

Offline apple47

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2006, 05:10:58 PM »
     My wife was born on the Caspian Sea in Kazackstan. Her parents are 100% Russian.  I met her when she was living in Almaty.  We were married Feb.11,2005.

...Larry

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2006, 06:05:07 AM »
I didnt meet my wife through an agency but I did meet the girl I was going to see when I met my wife through an agency. Well actually it was some kind of magazine that had my profile and picture.

I went to an agency in Tallinn just looking for some girl to speak English with for the 10 days I would be there. That agency put my picture and profile in some magazine. I got hundreds of letters and emails. Looking back there is no telling how many were scammers. I was on my 2nd trip to see this one girl from Kharkov when I met my wife sitting in the Kiev Trainstation. I knew she was the one the moment I stood beside her while she helped me buy my train ticket. About 5 days later she wrote to me and we missed eachother back in kharkov by only a few hours. I went back to see her a couple of months later and the rest is history. we've been married 3 years and recently had our first baby girl. Life is good.

Offline planner

• Spouse's Country: Latvia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2006, 02:35:44 PM »
My wife was born and raised in Latvia, west coast.  We met in Sochi, Russia where she spent 3 years.  She returned to Latvia prior to immigrating to USA.

Offline Captmonk1

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2006, 03:16:37 PM »
I just put Russia back on top with my wife who was born in Siberia but lived in St. Peterbsurg for 8 years before I met her and stole her to the U.S.

p.s. Get a haircut Phil.  :D

p.p.s. I miss Money Honey and Yolki Polki

Offline groovlstk

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2006, 04:41:48 PM »
Capt, do you refer to the Ukrainian restaurant Elkie-Palkie (or however it translates) in SPB?

I was in SPB last February and had trouble finding good restaurants until someone here PM'd me about Elkie-Palkie. It's a great place. I tried to return a third time one Friday evening and there was a line out the door (and this in -30c weather).

Oh, and to stay on topic:
My fiancee is one of those arrogant, proud, demanding Moscow women so many guys here seem to fear.

Offline Captmonk1

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2006, 01:30:03 PM »
Capt, do you refer to the Ukrainian restaurant Elkie-Palkie (or however it translates) in SPB?

I was in SPB last February and had trouble finding good restaurants until someone here PM'd me about Elkie-Palkie. It's a great place. I tried to return a third time one Friday evening and there was a line out the door (and this in -30c weather).

It may be. My wife pronounces it like I typed it...I think. It's like a buffet of just regular food...chicken...beef...beans etc. I think it was located right around 88 Nevsky if I spelled that right.  :D I ate there like 6 times in two weeks. We loved that place.

Back on topic...Russian's rule! We are now two up on the poll. ( Still a lot closer than I expected )

Offline Wild Orchid*

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2006, 04:17:28 AM »
- - - - -

Just to be a little nit picky here; the guys that responded to Wild Orchid did not quite answer her question.

For instance Dan says:  "In our case, we met from an introduction by friends - so yes, it would be incorrect to say that every UW placed herself with an agency."

Now Dan, your wife may or may not have placed herself with an agency, but to say that she didn't because you met via friends does not quite prove the point.

Same applies to response of jinx13.

Can’t agree more. I’ve met my husband at my girlfriend’s engagement party, 1 day prior to that party I didn’t know about his existence, but he and I had our contacts with some sort of agencies. Why I asked? Because soooo many agencies devoted to UW specifically (Herson girls etc, nothing like that in my home town) and so many UW are with agencies like Russian bride and so on… Ukraine is not that big, so I thought- is there any single women who are  not interested in relationship with foreign man?

Offline Thor

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2006, 01:13:29 PM »
My "pupsik" fiance lives in Kharkov, Ukraine. But she grew up in a Village called Noveasjlavka in Donetsk oblast....We will marry Friday 17 November her in Marriage palace in Sumska ya in Kharkov...I am a lucky man because I have found the girl I always have been dreaming to find!!!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 01:17:01 PM by Thor »

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2006, 10:33:23 PM »
Where in Siberia Captmonk? Elena is from Omsk.

To answer the question of the topic. Russia

Ken

I just put Russia back on top with my wife who was born in Siberia but lived in St. Peterbsurg for 8 years before I met her and stole her to the U.S.

p.s. Get a haircut Phil.  :D

p.p.s. I miss Money Honey and Yolki Polki
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2007, 02:49:55 PM »
WARNING: Necro-post Ahead   ;D

Did y'all notice - not a single lady from Moldova. I would have expected, given the close proximity of Moldova to Ukraine, that is would have been at least as popular as Belarus. In fact, if I understand correctly, the political regime in Moldova is not nearly so oppressive as the communist throwback in Belarus - PLUS - Moldovan wine is supposed to be TERRIFIC.

So what gives?

- Dan

Offline Daveman

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2007, 03:42:29 PM »

So what gives?

- Dan

good question.  It is rather surprising.  I did correspond with a lady from Moldova. Actually more than that, but most disappeared after the first couple of letters.  The one wrote to me almost every day for about a month or a little more and then disappeared like a cow licked her (or whatever that phrase is).  I thought she probably had a visitor and got serious about him. But if so, I guess he's not a member here..

It would seems that we'd have at least one with a lady friend from there...

Dave
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2007, 04:27:38 PM »
Two things about this poll surprised me.  First, that there were none from Moldova, same as Dan, and second, that Ukraine out-polled Russia.  I think a good question would be how many of those brides from Ukraine are of Russian rather than Ukrainian heritage.  For example, my wife was born and raised in Ukraine but considers herself Russian as her mother hails from St. Petersburg and her father from Siberia.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2007, 04:37:59 PM »
Two things about this poll surprised me.  First, that there were none from Moldova, same as Dan, and second, that Ukraine out-polled Russia.  I think a good question would be how many of those brides from Ukraine are of Russian rather than Ukrainian heritage.  For example, my wife was born and raised in Ukraine but considers herself Russian as her mother hails from St. Petersburg and her father from Siberia.

I expect if we were to run the poll on the basis of heritage, Russian heritage would have dominated the poll dramatically.

My wife too, claims to be Russian - even though she never lived *in* Russia. Her claim is based on her father's roots - he being born in Russia. Her mother is native Ukrainian, but my wife continues to claim to be Russian.

I further suspect that the reason Ukraine outpaces Russia in this poll is that Ukraine has a simpler visa regime for the past several years, hence, the entrance 'bar' to be crossed is lower. Maybe the fact that DCF was still an option in Ukraine up till a few months ago - and was NOT an option in Russia, also had an impact - but it would have been slight.

Anyway - still want to find out what is wrong with those Moldovan gals. Or have we identified some relatively uncharted territory for agencies and guys to look into?

- Dan

- Dan

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541314
Total Topics: 20860