It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartment in Kyiv  (Read 34695 times)

Offline Franco Rey

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: None (yet)
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2019, 02:53:50 AM »
I))  am just the father of two daughters  One aged 27 who hopes they will not marry an 'ol git...

An ol git like you?  :)

In this place, definitely, people can't say anything without saying it in an ugly manner that can only be described as an attack. Verbal aggression. Terrible. I could convey the same message without having to throw at the recipient. Obviously, you can't. Holy s  :wallbash:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 03:21:36 AM by AnonMod »
It's the end of the world as we know it... so let's have fun.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Trips: > 10
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2019, 02:56:41 AM »
Like every forum you will find some  :arguing:
Try to keep the right informations you need.
The problem is that the virtual life is just virtual.

Lets me explain :
There are many reasons that a RW would like to talk with a foreigner : learn english (more and more popular), have a nice travel (most popular hobby in FSU : travelling) and so on.

But now imagine that she is a nice girl, genuine and start to have some feelings, do you know that more than 90% of virtual talkers never come (90% is a kind numeral)?
How she could feel if you deceit her?
Hurt.

What we want to say is that there is a big gap existing because 1/ you never yet moved to FSU 2/ and real meeting has nothing to do the keyboard.

If i talk to a FSU women and i say : i am Pat, i have been married to an ukrainian woman and we loved each other 5 years, i really love Ukraine, i came there 18 times (i have a copy of my old passport with all the stamps because 99% of time a normal FSU women would imagine that you are cheating on her), NOW she starts to raise an elbow and consider my message with more attention (nothing more).

This is good that you are slim, this is good that you are sportive and that's better that you have learnt some russian. Keep on track.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2019, 03:02:49 AM »
An ol git like you?  :)

Clearly !))

In this place, definitely, people can't say anything without saying it in an ugly manner that can only be described as an attack. Verbal aggression. Terrible. I could convey the same message without having to throw s at the recipient. Obviously, you can't. Holy s.  :wallbash:

I believe you'll find there's a lot of 'bitchiness'..(myself included) but most of us mean well and get frustrated when we see yet another guy keen to be the latest victim of  train wreck scenario..

FSU really go for calm and assured.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 03:22:42 AM by AnonMod »

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2019, 03:09:26 AM »
"You really think you are too wise, don't you? Some of you... What do you know? "

some of us spent years actually living there, engaging at business, professional and personal levels
some of us are descended from fearless Russian fighters with centuries of family experience combating Russians (cuz some of us come from there!)
some of us skipped the virtual girl friend approach and went straight to the mother lode with a gold pan and struck it rich

so if you have a Russian problem
who ya gonna call?
Russ Busters!
"I ain't afraid of no Russian"

P.S.
if you be bringin home a Russian woman mon, ye best not be livin in no basement!!
Russian woman will want second floor to be livin on at least, not first floor, not basement, horrosho?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 03:51:08 AM by krimster2 »

Online krimster2

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2019, 03:24:24 AM »
"In this place, definitely, people can't say anything without saying it in an ugly manner that can only be described as an attack. Verbal aggression."

can't wait til ya actually get to Russia and experience life there, oh boy oh boy!!!!

my first trip may years ago
my girl friend asked me to stop smiling at people on the street, because:
1. the people will think I'm crazy
2. or the people will think I'm making fun of them

your first trap when you visit will be, "ohh, it's kinda like the West, sorta similar, cuz ya see similar buildings, cars, people, etc"
but you'll soon learn that perception is dead wrong...

one day you should make it a point to leave behind the virtual world and cozy basement and turn lose the hunter that dwells deep in your IMAGINATION
I woke mine up, and let him run free and pillage and plunder in Ukraine
to this day, I still have 3 female captives in my house as a result of raids for females on Ukrainian villages many years ago
and you talk about your virtual girl friends, a 51 yr old man, so sad....

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 04:04:23 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Nightwish

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2019, 03:33:09 AM »
another snowflake that can't stand not knowing everything  :rolleyes:

all I see a  :trainwreck: in progress

Maybe you should crawl back into your basement, living your virtual life with your virtual girlfriends, out here in the real world you are in for a world of hurt if you can't even stand being contradicted on a forum.

Did I offend you again now little snowflake?
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2019, 03:49:22 AM »
I))  am just the father of two daughters  One aged 27 who hopes they will not marry an 'ol git...

So being a decade younger than Franco I am still in with a chance then :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2019, 03:53:55 AM »
Trench, in your case, age difference or LTR virtual relationships on VK  are not the issue..

Online krimster2

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2019, 03:57:50 AM »
dewd, age is probably the least detrimental aspect of your "condition"
it's other things holdin ya back, which I think ya know...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2019, 05:06:02 AM »
dewd, age is probably the least detrimental aspect of your "condition"
it's other things holdin ya back, which I think ya know...

Fair enough, there can be some stuff for a guy to work on in order to get better results with FSW.

I don't want to hijack Franco's thread though so lets move this on here and see if we can help Franco out. I'm still intrigued to know what Agency Franco is using, maybe we can help him out there.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2019, 07:06:55 AM »
I see Franco has been muted. He must have set the all time speed record for that!

Offline LAman

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2019, 07:13:20 AM »
I see Franco has been muted. He must have set the all time speed record for that!

Well, it is a chance for ya'll old gits to pile on!!!  ))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online krimster2

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2019, 07:29:07 AM »
"Well, it is a chance for ya'll old gits to pile on!!!  ))"

well, it would just be rude of us to turn down such a gracious invitation
ok...

is it your mom's basement that you're living in?
does it get cold and damp down there in the winter?
did she give you some heavy warm socks to wear?

my man, airbnb which I've used frequently lists apartments on Khreshchatyk for under $50/night
seriously, what more do you need?
everything that stands between you and having a fun 3 weeks in kyiv can be solved online in 10 minutes or less
back when I was a boy it'd take... oh, never mind...

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:36:36 AM by krimster2 »

Offline LAman

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2019, 07:35:18 AM »
Well, it is a chance for ya'll old gits to pile on!!!  ))

well, it would just be rude of us to turn down such an invitation
ok...

is it your mom's basement that you're living in?
does it get cold and damp down there in the winter?
did she give you some heavy socks to wear?

I'm surprised you didn't ask if he used tin foil antennas to communicate via internet? ))

Online krimster2

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2019, 07:43:54 AM »
"
I'm surprised you didn't ask if he used tin foil antennas to communicate via internet? ))"

the internet is a collection of tubes all connected together, the foil isn't an antenna
no, no, no... it's in case one of the tubes leaks and the foil is there to catch the leak so it doesn't leave a stain on the basement floor!
Franco's mom would be really angry if he left another stain on the basement floor
oh man, don't EVEN go there...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:46:59 AM by krimster2 »

Offline LAman

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2019, 07:47:28 AM »
Franco, to answer your original question, it is way too early to be looking into an apt/flat in Kiev. Why don't you wait to see if your communication with girl develops closer. Who knows, you may end up in another city with another lady? If you are intent with booking a apt early, use booking.com, many hotels/apts there have free cancellation.

As someone said before, airbnb is good but their cancellation could come at a cost. dobovo is used by locals and inexpensive but again cancellation could be an issue.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2019, 11:41:54 AM »
msmob - I've only ever heard the term "девочка" for a child, never a woman. The term "девушка" is more appropriate.

Sorry moby, I missed your original question.

rwd is correct, девочка is a child, say, under 16, девушка is "young girl", a young lady of say, 16-21, and unmarried.  However, if you are referring to women in a jokey manner (my husband used to call babas on the benches devochky), you would use the former, rather than the latter.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:51:30 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2019, 04:13:27 PM »
And in spite of assurances by Boethius to the contrary, yes, many women told me that the men are just irresponsible grown up children, cheaters, and yes, drunkards. Also, often guilty of domestic violence. They described it as a generally serious problem (the men).

Yeah, because women never lie to men.  Particularly not women attempting to manipulate a man. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Look, I lived in the society.  I know 1000 times the number of FSUM that you do. The statement is not true. 

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 05:42:06 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

Re: Apartment in Kyiv..how to adress a lady..in Russian)
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2019, 10:02:35 PM »
Sorry moby, I missed your original question.

rwd is correct, девочка is a child, say, under 16, девушка is "young girl", a young lady of say, 16-21, and unmarried.  However, if you are referring to women in a jokey manner (my husband used to call babas on the benches devochky), you would use the former, rather than the latter.

Once again thanks to rwd and you for taking the time to explain my error !)

So...when a lady in a shop forgets her phone and a man runs after her, am I wrong in thinking I heard' девушка ' ?

How SHOULD you refer to a middle aged lady, respectfully, in such a scenario...?

Offline Boethius

Re: Apartment in Kyiv..how to adress a lady..in Russian)
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2019, 10:23:28 PM »
Once again thanks to rwd and you for taking the time to explain my error !)

So...when a lady in a shop forgets her phone and a man runs after her, am I wrong in thinking I heard' девушка ' ?

Oops, edited. No, you are not wrong.

How SHOULD you refer to a middle aged lady, respectfully, in such a scenario...?

Zhenshchyna would be the most polite.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:51:32 PM by Boethius »

Offline msmob

« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2019, 11:19:55 PM »
Thank you

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »
(my husband used to call babas on the benches devochky), you would use the former, rather than the latter.

The Baba-yaga's with tongues wagging about
everyone's business except their own.  :D
Your husband has a sense of humor.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Davo

« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2019, 01:59:43 PM »
That's OK... When I read folks post about 'girlfriends on VK' .... and their pronouncements on FSU guys and those who believe it .. I realise I'm in a parallel universe.   ;)  some of the most loving, caring  husbands I've met are FSU guys.

'

“k” as I call her in my TR, had a bad time with her ex, due to his drinking, cheating and not helping which their children, but he has changed his ways considerably.

I was only chatting last night privately with a member (who has given me great advice over the last year) regarding the topic of fsu men.

Before travelling to Russia, I believed the stereotype, due to one womans experience, but now after spending 2 weeks here, I’m not so sure that generally speaking it’s correct. Especially with who you would consider average middle class men.

Everyday I see men playing with their children. Pushing their  babies in prams, with no wife in sight, often with other men and their children. They take their kids fishing roller blading and flying kites.

I’ve seen many Men riding bikes with their partners. Fathers doing the same with their kids. Middle aged men taking  picture of their wives and girlfriends on the foreshore.

I see men my age hand in hand with their partner, laughing and enjoying each other’s company. Couples on the beach embracing each other. Actually I’ve seen far more public displays of affection than at home.

Every time we go out for dinner there are men making incredibly romantic gestures for their wives, something I rarely see in Oz.

If you had never heard the stereotype, you would say that pubically at least, the average Russian man and father are more family orientated, romantic and thoughtful  than western men.

Just my opinion, based on what I’ve seen.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 08:46:02 PM by Davo »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2019, 03:40:17 PM »
That's OK... When I read folks post about 'girlfriends on VK' .... and their pronouncements on FSU guys and those who believe it .. I realise I'm in a parallel universe.   ;)  some of the most loving, caring  husbands I've met are FSU guys.

Some of the most beautiful, sexy, interesting and loving women in the world
are American women, however, 99.998% of them are happily married. You
can only pick from those who aren't.

Those loving, caring husbands have wives that stay married to them. The good
FSUW have to go after the men who are single or divorced.   

You've met women after a breakup or divorce, sometimes they lump all men
together or break them into groups. Sometimes us Western men get a bit of
the grass is greener treatment by these women.

Having said all that if some gal is saying that 100% of Russian men are
__________________ (enter something here), I would be fairly skeptical.

That's my two kopecks,

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2019, 04:40:10 PM »
Having said all that if some gal is saying that 100% of Russian men are
__________________ (enter something here), I would be fairly skeptical.

That's my two kopecks,

Bill

She probably means the ones who are left beyond those that aren't suitable for her or her suitable for them as they know what she is like. The girl I was with from Kherson was a good 8-9 on the looks scale. When asked about dating local guys she used to go on about the various forms of dregs around her parts. I don't for one minute believe that she couldn't find a half decent guy with her looks, now looking back. I think because she was materialistic a lot of the decent guys were either not suitable as they would not aquises or lacked the money too. Others probably ran fast as they probably decided to place their bets on a less materialistic girl that wouldn't be so demanding on the wallet. I think most guys there just want a happy bog standard family life and have no desire to be spending out in clothes shops working around the clock to pay for it and keep her satisfied. So yeah worth looking to see if there are other reasons. Odds are they will show not long after meeting if not before if you keep aware to be looking out for something.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1955
Total: 1964

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM