It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is body-weight any more/less of an issue with Russian women than in the US?  (Read 9773 times)

Offline cednation

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1 - 3
I think this is a wonderful story. I think you got incredibly lucky. My cousin (male) is a "chubby chaser." I had never heard this term until my sister pointed out to me that he has dated nothing but fat girls, his whole life. He himself is not fat at all. He's a total normal dude. It sounds to me like your lady friend is maybe not a full on "chubby chaser" like my cousin, but she is at least one of the rare ladies out there who doesn't hold body weight anywhere near the top of her list of attractive features in a man. These people exist for sure.

Age also can come into play. When I was 25 years old, I was so non attracted to fat girl, I do not think I would have even been able to have sex with one... like... physically. Now, at 43... things have changed. I still would not be attracted to a clinically obese gal... but... even I am surprised at some of the ladies I find hot these days, that I know I would not have liked 20 years ago.

Thanks for sharing your story man. It made me feel good just reading it. And believe it or not, it made me feel good for you! I sure hope that whole thing works out for you, because it sure sounds like you've got a winner!!!!

Thanks man, I'm glad my story was able to help. Seriously though, my story wasn't to point out that you might get lucky and there is a small chance it would work out, I honestly think it will work out for you with like 90-95% confidence. My lady was the only one who I met in person, but I video chatted with maybe 8 different ladies first through an agency, and only one of them had any issue with my weight. In my dating profile I used pictures from like 5 years ago when I was a lot thinner, so it might have been a surprise for the ladies when we started video chatting. Just one girl pointed it out and said she wasn't interested in me anymore. All of the others, even though they were all fit and beautiful didn't show any issue. And you have another advantage over me with your impressive height, which many girls will really like.

This woman has seen you multiple times on video camera. She knows you're overweight. She probably has a better idea than you think. I don't think it makes sense to compare women's thoughts about weight vs men. For women in general it means a lot less, and for FSU women, I think it means much less than American. Their complaint about their local men is that they aren't faithful, reliable, honest, hard working etc. She's interested in your for your personality (which sounds pretty great BTW :) ) And that's not going to change when you meet her in person. I'd say don't be afraid to stand up in front of the video and don't be afraid to go there.

Because this was a fear of mine, part of me wanted to warn the women I was seeing, but I thought if I said or focused too much on it, it would come off as whiny or weak. What I did was tell her that the last few years has been really stressful in my life, post-divorce, and that I was trying to get back into shape.

Stop worrying, sounds like you found a women who does it for you. Go meet her! She could be the one for you. Good luck man!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10

Their complaint about their local men is that they aren't faithful, reliable, honest, hard working etc.

Which is probably the most accurate to the truth. The MOB industry tend to push the more women than men (which is only really the case after 30 ish) and the guys are alcoholics, etc. Part of that is probably true and probably works into it but many of the women over there like alcohol too and may have issues. I think at its core though is the issues your girl has listed Ced. I think many of the guys that are any good in terms of bringing in money see that they are off interest to many girls. Over there in a lot of cases guys get paid more than the women (the old way of doing things) so that makes more men attractive to many women. A lot of guys will then get carried away on all of the interest and go around having sex with many women for the fun of it. Add to that what Japs tells us that Ukraine is a lot of talk culture of people talking up about themselves but not doing. So a lot of girls getting with guys and breaking up, divorces etc. So a western guy probably comes off in a pretty good light when he can deliver on what he says and doesn't sleep around.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 07:14:40 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
I honestly think it will work out for you with like 90-95% confidence.

A 170 lb 16 year old with an excellent 6 weeks of martial art training might think that
he can beat up some old 54 year man who may have been an athlete back when dinosaurs
roamed the earth. He might believe that with 95% confidence never having heard of Mike
Tyson or ever saw him fight. Do you think that his confidence might be a little bit too
optimistic?

That's not a great analogy, but that 16 year old doesn't even know what he doesn't know. 

I always advise being cautiously optimistic and to stay positive. I am not being a Debbie
Downer. I just want you to understand you are both in a fragile situation and need to work
very diligently because things can fall apart. 

I've made trips (plural) where everything was great, I was taken back to the airport
by a beautiful girl, love was proclaimed, many tears streamed down pretty faces,
then later it fell apart.

I found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow more than once and I didn't end up
with the girl.

I am putting together a thread here about things you can do to deal with problems
that will come up and the best steps and practices that you can use to minimize
the curve balls that life throws at you.
[Note to self: I am mixing too many metaphors]

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=25182.0

« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 12:23:25 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Zubarev

:arguing: :arguing:
I'm 6'3" @ 305 pounds. Normally I am 215-20 pounds. I am self conscious about my weight too. Ms Zubarev is 5'7" 120 pounds and we are trading email everyday. She is 24 years old and I am 41. She says she is attracted to me for my height when she sought contact from me on Loveawake.com and immediately gave me her personal email. I found it unique she wanted to communicate via personal email instead of dating site transmissions. She is registered to a small village in Ural Mountain foothills outside of Ekaterinburg where she works as a nurse/doctor in Children's Hospital as a pediatrician. Her USA citizenship she will win by passing USMLE. It proves her right to practice medicine in USA. She is adamant about flying to O'Hare and moving in with me. I don't need a passport to visit her at all. Her village upbringing has her hooked on being my matryoshka. She swears she wants me to handle all of our finances and tells me all her hard earned money will go to me because I am the man of the household. Is that strange? I told her we will get a joint account. She has me very excited. Her devotion to me is incredible. She reigns down loyalty and commitment. I am perplexed and amazed. She wants me to father her children. She is certain we will make a family together. I guess what I'm trying to say is I know I can lose weight over time and I will do just that. Her faith in us for a bright future is so vivid I believe she overlooks my body build. Truly I am concerned about our age gap, but she grew up without a father so she swears that is not a concern either. I am not robbing the cradle, but I know deep down I need to get sportier in my physique to not catch odd looks from people in general society thinking we are an odd looking couple. Trimming up will help me look much younger and I'm sure we will both appreciate that much. End of story.   

Offline ML

A nice fairy tale Mr. Zubarev.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
I can see why ML is sceptical, because of past similar looking baiting posts, but I’ll treat this as genuine, just incase you’re a newbie who hasn’t done any research. I’ve met many in the past few years who’s first steps into FSU dating has been falling for a seductive scammer..... Some have gone on to be successful.

Everything you’ve written is a series of red flags.....  I stoped counting at 10!!. I’ve trialed Loveawake.com and in my experience it has a ratio of 5% genuine women to 95% email scammers, which you’ve found a classic visa / airfare variety..... So don’t be concerned about your weight, because there’s a good chance Mrs Zubarev tops the scales at 300+ lbs too and her real name is Boris.

If the next woman you meet online does everything exactly the opposite of Mrs Zubarev, then she’s worth pursuing.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 08:35:35 PM by Davo »

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Trimming up will help me look much younger and I'm sure we will both appreciate that much. End of story.

I think you have all the potential to be a one post wonder. If you are an actual newbie then welcome
to the forum. Your story has a lot of red flags.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
:arguing: :arguing:
I'm 6'3" @ 305 pounds. Normally I am 215-20 pounds. I am self conscious about my weight too. Ms Zubarev is 5'7" 120 pounds and we are trading email everyday. She is 24 years old and I am 41. She says she is attracted to me for my height when she sought contact from me on Loveawake.com and immediately gave me her personal email. I found it unique she wanted to communicate via personal email instead of dating site transmissions. She is registered to a small village in Ural Mountain foothills outside of Ekaterinburg where she works as a nurse/doctor in Children's Hospital as a pediatrician. Her USA citizenship she will win by passing USMLE. It proves her right to practice medicine in USA. She is adamant about flying to O'Hare and moving in with me. I don't need a passport to visit her at all. Her village upbringing has her hooked on being my matryoshka. She swears she wants me to handle all of our finances and tells me all her hard earned money will go to me because I am the man of the household. Is that strange? I told her we will get a joint account. She has me very excited. Her devotion to me is incredible. She reigns down loyalty and commitment. I am perplexed and amazed. She wants me to father her children. She is certain we will make a family together. I guess what I'm trying to say is I know I can lose weight over time and I will do just that. Her faith in us for a bright future is so vivid I believe she overlooks my body build. Truly I am concerned about our age gap, but she grew up without a father so she swears that is not a concern either. I am not robbing the cradle, but I know deep down I need to get sportier in my physique to not catch odd looks from people in general society thinking we are an odd looking couple. Trimming up will help me look much younger and I'm sure we will both appreciate that much. End of story.

It can happen. Last time I posted against something like this, my post got deleted. LMAO! So go for it, dude!

I do have to remind myself that it took a giant effort on my part when I got an email from the former First Lady, that if I sent $100.00, she'll be able to meet me for dinner in New York.

First and foremost, I'm married. Plus, I really like Donnie, you know, my POTUS, so I really didn't want to cause any friction between him and the FLOTUS. I've always known I'm irresistible. I know that. But sometimes reality reminds me not everyone is as smart as me, too.

As Nike will always remind all of us (I should say 'you' since I didn't subscribe to Nike or any of its silly hypocritical athletes): 'Just Do It'.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:48:39 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2896
Total: 2906

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM