It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Wearing fashion brands - understated or overstated  (Read 9200 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Wearing fashion brands - understated or overstated
« on: June 12, 2021, 02:23:12 AM »
So just a topic that I ponder sometimes, moreso when going out to the FSU. As we know for many FSU people, particularly women prestigious fashion brands are the be all and end all out there. They see someone walking along in it, even another woman and they think it wonderful.

So for the WM the question comes firstly of whether to bother and if so then how visibly to wear such fashion brands whether to wear them in a understated or overstated way. Overstated is if course a loud way in which to wear such brands, thinking Armani, Hugo Boss type of brands here. Doing so can be a little cringe worthy to some, look like a walking bill board to others but in the FSU it can potentially get the attention of women. They will apparently notice but is it done in a good way for them?

At the other end is wearing those type of fashion brands in a understated way. The more understated the less in a woman's face and more subtle and refined look, but is it all too easily missed? and hence a lot of it goes unnoticed and hence interest from women when out there.

I personally tend to vear towards the understated somewhat, some evidence visible but not too obvious a look of plastering it everywhere to try and get interest from women. I have a few intend where it's a bit loud, on t-shirts mainly but I don't think I've got a lot of attention of the back of it out there from women. The other issue here of course is one of style, the cut and colour combination chosen, quality of materials, fit, etc. So not just a case of wearing anything so long as it's a prestigious fashion brand perhaps. Thoughts?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 07:38:26 AM »
Thoughts?

I dress in a very conservative/understated way, sorta like Snoop/Huggy Bear

« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 07:44:13 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

Re: Wearing fashion brands - understated or overstated
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 07:52:57 AM »
I am getting sloppier and sloppier with what I wear.

Wife commented on it several years back, but now she says nothing about it.

And, of course, we haven't gone anywhere that would require quite nice dressing for a year and a half.

Wife has gone full out on jeans and T shirts for herself here in USA.
For her job in Ukraine she had always worn very nice dress or skirt and blouse with high heels.   She left a couple of pairs of high heels at her work place, wore comfortable shoes to get to work and then changed into the high heels.

I remember when she first got here 10 years ago, she dressed nicely for her first few lessons in the Intensive English Program.  But then went to the jeans and T shirt look.

And, when she was assigned her first classroom teaching job she said: I am going to wear a dress and  heels.

That also lasted only the first week; then to jeans, nice blouse and sports/walking shoes . . . same as all the other female teachers.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 08:02:08 AM »

Wife commented on it several years back, but now she says nothing about it.

And, of course, we haven't gone anywhere that would require quite nice dressing for a year and a half.

Wife has gone full out on jeans and T shirts for herself here in USA.
For her job in Ukraine she had always worn very nice dress or skirt and blouse with high heels.   She left a couple of pairs of high heels at her work place, wore comfortable shoes to get to work and then changed into the high heels.

I remember when she first got here 10 years ago, she dressed nicely for her first few lessons in the Intensive English Program.  But then went to the jeans and T shirt look.

And, when she was assigned her first classroom teaching job she said: I am going to wear a dress and  heels.

That also lasted only the first week; then to jeans, nice blouse and sports/walking shoes . . . same as all the other female teachers.

I'm generally not a huge fans of jeans for women (apart from how I previously stated) I just find their look so boring. I can't really see how it's any less comfortable for women to wear a dress or skirt when out and about.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 11:45:51 AM »

Dressing nice will definitely impress ladies and even if one is on a budget, improvement can be made without top name brand clothes. Go to a store and get advice from a lady that is dressed nice. Ask for her opinion what clothes you should try on and after trying them on, see if she likes it.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 12:39:05 PM »

Dressing nice will definitely impress ladies and even if one is on a budget, improvement can be made without top name brand clothes. Go to a store and get advice from a lady that is dressed nice. Ask for her opinion what clothes you should try on and after trying them on, see if she likes it.

Thanks Billy, that's not a bad idea asking a lady that already looks well dressed. I've taken a different tack at the moment, I've found a look online that will go well for me on the Armani website. I kind of figure that they will have some of the top designers etc there so might as well go off the back of that. Kherson girl when I was with her was pretty good at working out what worked well as she was into fashion at the time I wasn't too sure on all the choices made but now I think it wasn't a bad effort. Anyhow, I've basically been hitting eBay and found some designer stuff pretty cheap close to the look on their website. I bought some Armani Chinos the other day that were new (still had the tags on) and were reduced as just had a few small stains on the back right thigh. I reckon I can probably get them off but even if not they won't notice much I think, anyway, they were £33.78 (RRP £170) but I think if they were no stains then they would be about £60-70 new on eBay judging from the other ones. Fortunately they were in my exact size waist of 34 where none of the other options were close enough. I've made a few other purchases likewise so should be able to get the look together pretty cheap I think :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 12:42:54 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline BC

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 01:16:07 PM »
Here's something to ponder....

RWD 'Ten Commandments'

7. Always be yourself. Show the ladies the real you. Be truthful. Use current photos.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=2.msg2#msg2

Are you the designer clothes type of guy?  If not, don't buy such.

Sure, pick up a couple of shirts, decent pants and some comfortable shoes.  Stuff you feel comfortable in that folks around your town can still recognize you without immediately noting the flashy new duds and asking where you're going all dressed up.

Otherwise it's just attempted trickery.  You won't get away with it.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 02:43:12 PM »
Here's something to ponder....

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=2.msg2#msg2

Sure, pick up a couple of shirts, decent pants and some comfortable shoes.  Stuff you feel comfortable in that folks around your town can still recognize you without immediately noting the flashy new duds and asking where you're going all dressed up.

I know, it's a difficult one for me. It's kind of like wearing a suit in a photo then turning up and dating the FSW wearing a suit but not regularly wearing a suit at home, by this I mean a casual suit to wear in free time and not a work suit for when at work. I always felt it I got with the girl and she moved to UK I don't think I would be wearing a casual suit that much in my spare time, most guys don't. At the same time if I turned up in my casual gear in the FSU then the FSW would likely not be impressed lol. It like others have said that in Ukraine they tend to dress up more, so a cultural difference to overcome. I kind of reconciled this by shooting photos, some with a casual suit jacket on, some without so it doesn't look like I live in a casual suit in all of my free time.

The designer stuff I think I will do similar, I will mix in non designer (but still nice looking) stuff with some designer stuff that is quite understated but not too much so. I don't mind some designer stuff but being decked out in it from head to toe would feel a bit odd to me and either fashionista looking or too desperate to push out the designer thing. That and looking like I am beholden to designer labels. So I think mixing it in with non designer stuff would probably be best for me. I don't wish to deceive a girl but at the same time I know I need to and want to impress a girl while not getting a gold digger type - she would be sorely disappointed ;D

The colour co-ordination and style thing I think I am getting more now. It doesn't have to be a brand thing to look good if you get the colour & style right but in the FSU brand stuff can indicate prestige and that mean some early points in with a girl so I think dropping the odd few bits of designer stuff in can probably help - I'll get it on the cheap though, no point in paying top money for it :D

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 08:34:26 AM »

RWD 'Ten Commandments'7. Always be yourself. Show the ladies the real you. Be truthful. Use current photos.

That is what gets some guys in trouble with the ladies. If a guy is the type of person to wear pajamas in Walmart, it's okay if he improves for the better and as long as it's a permanent change nobody can accuse the guy of being deceiving.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 09:17:05 AM »

Women make subtle changes to their men and what they wear. That's not specific
to the FSU, American women do it all the time. If you are willing to wear
designer clothes then they see a piece of clay that they can work with.
They will still think you are hopelessly inept without their help.

Clothes that a woman doesn't like on a man tend to disappear from the closet.
They buy things and put those things in your closet and will put them out for
you to wear when you go somewhere. Angel Eyes bought me a skin tight purple
sweater. I'm never ever going to wear it. She has bought me a hundred things
that I do wear and I definitely dress better because she molded her piece of clay.

If you absolutely HATE wearing designer clothes then taking photos in
designer clothes would leave them with a false impression about the clay they
will mold. 

Trench is a cheapskate. He thinks that he can find designer looks in the Salvation
Army recycled clothes bin. He thinks he can substitute cubic zirconia for diamonds
without telling the girl. He does try to mislead, he won't fool anybody.

Many FSUW are excellent bargain hunters and that will greatly benefit Trench.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 09:25:16 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 11:50:24 AM »
I don't hate wearing designer clothes but I just find it crass when a designer label is too overtly slapped on something. In some cases it can make the person look ridiculous and in other cases also a bit try hard. I definitely think I'll generally stick with the understated designer brand stuff and keep it balanced with the non-designer stuff as wearing designer stuff from head to to again I feel the above comes into play so not for me.

For me designer chinos & jeans are the easiest as I wear that stuff anyway. Chinos I like as I'm not really a formal suit trousers sort of guy in my free time so they're smart must still casual enough not to feel like a tool wearing them in free  casual time. That's the problem with shirts for me, to my mind they are either work wear or formal occasion wear, they're not really everyday casual wear or even dating wear (well not in the UK unless going to a restaurant and possibly not even then) so to wear them like that it wouldn't feel right to me. With formal shirts they really need to be tucked in to look right and that's not a very relaxed way to be during casual free time.

So what are the other options? There are casual shirts but again the tucking them in issue. Some short sleeved ones may not too bad without tucking them in,cat least to my mind. There are polo shirts which is kind of a cross between a casual shirt & a t-shirt. They look fine not tucked in to my mind, better without I think and designed not too I feel. I don't mind polo shirts but I don't have a big collection as I tend to wear t-shirts more. So then we are down to t-shirts which are the standard casual wear that a lot of people wear in the west but apparently not so much in the FSU. They would be nearest to reality for what I do at the moment but as far as dating photos apparently more so the main one and dating girls in the FSU a bit unappealing is the impression I get.

So chinos I am happy to wear in my casual time and are a good option but for top what to do?

BTW Bill, a flawless diamond is a zirconia diamond ;D

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 12:24:00 PM »
I don't hate wearing designer clothes but I just find it crass when a designer label is too overtly slapped on something. So chinos I am happy to wear in my casual time and are a good option but for top what to do?

BTW Bill, a flawless diamond is a zirconia diamond ;D

An FSUW will try to spruce you up. Luckily for you there are quite a few who
are bargain hunters as well. Angel Eyes is a real bargain hunter and won't buy
something even if I insist, if she doesn't like the price.

A zirconia is fine UNLESS you imply that it's a real diamond. A lie by omission
is a lie none the less.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 02:56:40 PM »
If you're looking for advice, TC...these are mine.

Forget 'style' name brands, etc...instead:

1. Concentrate on what color compliments your features, both body and face.
2. Ask for an objective opinion what looks good on you (preferably from an objective lady), and not what style you should wear.
3. What you feel comfortable wearing...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 03:11:33 PM »
Beware of "thrifty women".....then again Trench might appreciate a woman like Apple.

Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2021, 03:13:01 PM »
If you're looking for advice, TC...these are mine.

Forget 'style' name brands, etc...instead:

1. Concentrate on what color compliments your features, both body and face.
2. Ask for an objective opinion what looks good on you (preferably from an objective lady), and not what style you should wear.
3. What you feel comfortable wearing...

Great advise!
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2021, 01:27:15 AM »
An FSUW will try to spruce you up. Luckily for you there are quite a few who
are bargain hunters as well.
Angel Eyes is a real bargain hunter and won't buy
something even if I insist, if she doesn't like the price.

A zirconia is fine UNLESS you imply that it's a real diamond. A lie by omission
is a lie none the less.
:D

That's the sort of girl I need! I've only got so many pennies so no point paying top money for stuff when I can get the same or similar cheaper. My thoughts are if I can get my wardrobe sorted a bit beforehand then there won't be a whole lot to buy plus I can get some top brands in cheap myself beforehand also. I don't mind a FSW having her own ideas and going with them but reckon if I stick to the usual guys colours of blues etc and combinations that look good on me I hopefully won't go far wrong. I think in fairness before with hindsight Kherson girl probably had a valid point in too much black, a but is ok but it doesn't take a lot before it gets a bit much.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 02:28:29 AM »
Ok, I think I've got it sorted out now. I'm not going with polo shirts, I'm not a big wearer of them as never been that keen on them, only have a couple in my wardrobe I think and don't wear them much. Also a lot of people aren't keen on the style or think they lack style which I can understand so not necessarily any better than a t-shirt, worse for some so I don't think they will add anything. They can be seen as store clerk work wear, school wear or stuff that geeks wear so not a good look.

So I think instead what I'll do is wear my shirts as overshirts as you can do that with most shirts these days over a t-shirt. That is pretty adaptable and I do that already though just use  one shirt that is more dedicated over shirt like. It means with the full ensemble I can wear jacket shirt tucked in & t-shirt underneath for a main profile pic & when first meeting a girl but then in other pics & later on with girl wear the shirt untucked and open if not a cold day or if not at some reasonably smart venue. That way it pretty much suits all occasions and is adaptable on the fly. It keeps a smart appearance when needed but can be more casual when needed also such as in hot weather. The girl then won't feel as if she's been deceived as I'll be wearing a t-shirt underneath even if mostly covered if weather is not good enough to wear less for the time that I'm there. In the winter of course I would wear a jumper as would be expected & jacket when needed. At home I presently wear an overshirt most days as it's a bit smarter and can be worn like a jacket and not have to be tucked in as t-shirt underneath. Not all may regard this as the best look but I think it's the best all round without resorting to stuff that doesn't feel right I think.

Offline BC

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 03:22:58 AM »
:D

That's the sort of girl I need!

Are you willing and capable of putting the same investment, time and effort 2tall did to find his wife?

My wife and I just met, no searching involved, no contact beforehand and no dressing up for the occasion, just a polo shirt, jeans and fairly new pair of shoes.

Still, the whole process wasn't cheap. A couple trips dating, a couple long visits to Russia to get to know more about each other, family etc, documents, registrations, a wedding there, trip home, drivers license, etc

Let's call it 15-20k EUR easy from the time we first met till she walked into her new home, and we're talking nothing too extravagant, but nice.  No overseas flights and some airline miles burned on top.

Onward:

She, or even they will be excited about seeing the world, so after arrival tack on travels in Europe, a kid on the way, some home improvements to make the house hers as well.  All quite normal stuff and well within reasonable expectations of any woman.  After all she didn't leave a life where travel was normal just to sit in a house here. 

And of course, whilst talking about fashion, some new clothes for her.  You think she'll be happy living out of the suitcase she brings with her?  Scrounging up clothes for you is the very least of your worries.

Trench,

A long while back there was a thread titled 'would you suggest this venture to your best friend' or such, I said "No" so don't get me wrong with my next words... Consider, for the next few minutes it takes for me to write this that I am your very best friend.

From all I have gleaned from your posts, based on information you provided, this venture is not for you.  Starting a thousand new threads will not make it so, you are simply trying to talk yourself into something you very likely already know isn't doable at this time or likely anytime in the near future.  This venture never was for everyone, and that is ok, none of this has anything to do with you personally, whether or not you are a good guy, if you are a good catch, manly enough, or whatever, or not. Think of this post as simple tough love.

As a reminder, more from the RWD Commandments:

9. Treat international dating the same as dating someone from your home country. The biggest difference
is the cost (travel, phone. etc). This is an expensive process. Don't believe anyone that tells you otherwise.

10. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MAIL-ORDER BRIDE! They do not exist.

This is the last time I'll post anything along these lines.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2021, 05:38:11 AM »
Are you willing and capable of putting the same investment, time and effort 2tall did to find his wife?

My wife and I just met, no searching involved, no contact beforehand and no dressing up for the occasion, just a polo shirt, jeans and fairly new pair of shoes.

Still, the whole process wasn't cheap. A couple trips dating, a couple long visits to Russia to get to know more about each other, family etc, documents, registrations, a wedding there, trip home, drivers license, etc

Let's call it 15-20k EUR easy from the time we first met till she walked into her new home, and we're talking nothing too extravagant, but nice.  No overseas flights and some airline miles burned on top.

Onward:

She, or even they will be excited about seeing the world, so after arrival tack on travels in Europe, a kid on the way, some home improvements to make the house hers as well.  All quite normal stuff and well within reasonable expectations of any woman.  After all she didn't leave a life where travel was normal just to sit in a house here. 

And of course, whilst talking about fashion, some new clothes for her.  You think she'll be happy living out of the suitcase she brings with her?  Scrounging up clothes for you is the very least of your worries.

Trench,

A long while back there was a thread titled 'would you suggest this venture to your best friend' or such, I said "No" so don't get me wrong with my next words... Consider, for the next few minutes it takes for me to write this that I am your very best friend.

From all I have gleaned from your posts, based on information you provided, this venture is not for you.  Starting a thousand new threads will not make it so, you are simply trying to talk yourself into something you very likely already know isn't doable at this time or likely anytime in the near future.  This venture never was for everyone, and that is ok, none of this has anything to do with you personally, whether or not you are a good guy, if you are a good catch, manly enough, or whatever, or not. Think of this post as simple tough love.

As a reminder, more from the RWD Commandments:

9. Treat international dating the same as dating someone from your home country. The biggest difference
is the cost (travel, phone. etc). This is an expensive process. Don't believe anyone that tells you otherwise.

10. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MAIL-ORDER BRIDE! They do not exist.

This is the last time I'll post anything along these lines.

Well I disagree with rule number 9, other than expense there is cultural differences to consider. That's even evident in this thread that many maybe most FSW expect the guy to be well dressed most likely especially so from abroad. They are essentially looking to date up so a look that shows that will help the guy. Of course there is whether the girl is naturally into you but if she is half way attractive she'll have options locally and if you go there looking just the same or worse than them it won't make a good impression. At the same time there is the cultural difference back in the west that a lot of guys don't dress probably anywhere near how a FSW would like. Now you may have accomplished the task in a polo shirt, jeans & shoes, I don't say that it can't be done like that but there are always exceptions, she may have been more of the Soviet era, she may have liked other things about you, etc.

Money to do this expedition we can beg to differ. You're a US guy so the setup there is difference than here in the UK, travel to Europe is not that expensive as budget airlines and good but cheap hotels are easy enough to find. It all depends on the girl of course. I can afford some extras to make the going nicer but if she's wants expensive stuff at full price she's going to be disappointed and will have to either accept the way it is or leave.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2021, 07:36:41 AM »
Well I disagree with rule number 9, other than expense there is cultural differences to consider. That's even evident in this thread that many maybe most FSW expect the guy to be well dressed most likely especially so from abroad. They are essentially looking to date up so a look that shows that will help the guy. Of course there is whether the girl is naturally into you but if she is half way attractive she'll have options locally and if you go there looking just the same or worse than them it won't make a good impression. At the same time there is the cultural difference back in the west that a lot of guys don't dress probably anywhere near how a FSW would like. Now you may have accomplished the task in a polo shirt, jeans & shoes, I don't say that it can't be done like that but there are always exceptions, she may have been more of the Soviet era, she may have liked other things about you, etc.

Money to do this expedition we can beg to differ. You're a US guy so the setup there is difference than here in the UK, travel to Europe is not that expensive as budget airlines and good but cheap hotels are easy enough to find. It all depends on the girl of course. I can afford some extras to make the going nicer but if she's wants expensive stuff at full price she's going to be disappointed and will have to either accept the way it is or leave.
As usual, Trench, you carry on showing us that you haven’t got a Scooby-Doo.

You give Scrooge a bad name.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2021, 10:17:51 AM »
Well I disagree with rule number 9

Of course you do. 99% of the time you are wrong and here is another example.

They are essentially looking to date up so a look that shows that will help the guy.

99% of the time you are wrong.

A good girl is looking for love, companionship and a family. If you find a girl looking at you
as dating up, dump her and find a good girl. A GOOD GIRL, that's what you want. 

Now you may have accomplished the task in a polo shirt, jeans & shoes, Blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah ti freaking blah

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................ seriously you spend so much time on totally
unproductive trivial pursuits. This is why you are so busy and/or knackered with a part
time job. You waste all your time on fruitless mental exercises.

Money to do this expedition we can beg to differ.

Do you spend even one kopeck on airlines or hotels with a local girl? No? Then dating
a local girl is less expensive because of the travel. Try to focus on what is actually written 
and not the squirrels running around in you head.

Look for a good girl, find a good girl, pursue the good girl, marry the good girl.

Write Good Girl on 75 post it notes, put one of those post it notes on your refrigerator,
your bathroom mirror, on your pillow, your toothbrush, your cell phone, inside your wallet,
inside your refrigerator, on every light switch inside your house. Say the words good girl
every time you wake up and every time you lay down to sleep. When you sit on the toilet
say good girl before and after taking care of your business.

You need to focus one thing, it's important, it's paramount, it's success or failure.

Udachi!

Bill

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2021, 12:00:51 PM »
The reason those fashion brands are popular in the FSU is because of prestige.  Their culture is into ostentatious displays of wealth.  This demonstrates that you can afford something most cannot.  So, unless you can continue to buy these "exclusive" brands, you will have issues with the woman you "impressed" in the future.  If you really want a suit, go get one tailored specifically for you.  That's always better than an off the rack suit, and most high end off the rack suits are made with additional tailoring in mind.  That's why the pants on top end suits (Brioni, Ermenegildo Zegna) on store racks are almost always unhemmed.  You are, I assume, not far from London.  Why not just visit Saville Row, either in person or an online tailor, to get something made to measure?

The shirt/t-shirt combination only looks good if you are very thin, and then, only with jeans.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 12:14:11 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2021, 01:57:41 PM »
As usual, Trench, you carry on showing us that you haven’t got a Scooby-Doo.

You give Scrooge a bad name.

I looked in earlier and saw this, thought our old pal Mobers had returned, then saw it was you, just his sort of phraseology lol.

Don't worry I will make sure the girl remembers to collect her pair of complimentary airline earphones along with all the other goodies she is supposed to receive for dating a WM ;D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2021, 02:04:49 PM »
Of course you do. 99% of the time you are wrong and here is another example.

99% of the time you are wrong.

A good girl is looking for love, companionship and a family. If you find a girl looking at you
as dating up, dump her and find a good girl. A GOOD GIRL, that's what you want. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................ seriously you spend so much time on totally
unproductive trivial pursuits. This is why you are so busy and/or knackered with a part
time job. You waste all your time on fruitless mental exercises.

Do you spend even one kopeck on airlines or hotels with a local girl? No? Then dating
a local girl is less expensive because of the travel. Try to focus on what is actually written 
and not the squirrels running around in you head.

Look for a good girl, find a good girl, pursue the good girl, marry the good girl.

Write Good Girl on 75 post it notes, put one of those post it notes on your refrigerator,
your bathroom mirror, on your pillow, your toothbrush, your cell phone, inside your wallet,
inside your refrigerator, on every light switch inside your house. Say the words good girl
every time you wake up and every time you lay down to sleep. When you sit on the toilet
say good girl before and after taking care of your business.

You need to focus one thing, it's important, it's paramount, it's success or failure.

Udachi!

Bill

I get the good girl thing Bill, but a girl has to find stuff attractive in a guy. Let's face it there's always competition if not in the FSU then when a girl is brought back home. Here even mildly attractive girls get a fair bit of interest. If they are very attractive then it is like feeding time at the zoo. There's various stuff to win on to keep a girl, understanding clothes fashion can be one of them. Now I know guys like GQ can rely on their social skills to win, I'm not one of them, I've learnt some stuff along the way but guys that are naturally good will run rings around me.

The expense rule I take as a challenge! Let's see how cheap this endeavour can be done!!! :D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2021, 02:21:27 PM »
The reason those fashion brands are popular in the FSU is because of prestige.  Their culture is into ostentatious displays of wealth.  This demonstrates that you can afford something most cannot.  So, unless you can continue to buy these "exclusive" brands, you will have issues with the woman you "impressed" in the future.  If you really want a suit, go get one tailored specifically for you.  That's always better than an off the rack suit, and most high end off the rack suits are made with additional tailoring in mind.  That's why the pants on top end suits (Brioni, Ermenegildo Zegna) on store racks are almost always unhemmed.  You are, I assume, not far from London.  Why not just visit Saville Row, either in person or an online tailor, to get something made to measure?

The shirt/t-shirt combination only looks good if you are very thin, and then, only with jeans.

You know you're stuff Boe. Well I should be able to afford these exclusive brands as I should be able to source them cheap enough on eBay. I'm guessing they don't have eBay out in the FSU so as long as that stays the case then I'm winning :D

I get the whole tailoring thing but for me I'm not a regular suit wearing guy plus there is always the issue with a suit as to what then to do when doing casual stuff. I know this came up before and a suit was impractical when real hot, doing activities etc. So to then go the opposite way could put a girl off.

Anyhow, they used to have a saying at Saville Row that if you have to ask the price then you can't afford it. So I don't think I'll be paying them a visit lol.

My mind has swung a little to the sort of girl the exclusive fashion brand approach may turf up. It may not be the most ideal but if we can hammer out agreeing to sourcing these fashion brands cheap then it could be a goer. I will check on eBay tonight and see what dresses I can find on there :)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2021, 02:44:28 PM »
Take this one for example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emporio-Armani-Dress-size-8-/304030188697?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Plenty of other examples of new dresses on there, go around town in Ukraine and look like you and you're girl are minted.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2021, 03:04:02 PM »
I get the good girl thing Bill, but a girl has to find stuff attractive in a guy.

If you are more attractive than a shaved ape, then all you need to do is to
win the girls heart. Stop the stinkin thinkin. You have an endless loop where
you always, always, always, always repeat yourself. Never make this stinkin
thinkin argument again.

You don't need to worry if she finds you good/interesting enough. She does
otherwise she would have put you on ignore, blocked you and thrown up in
her mouth a little bit. 

Ask yourself are you blocked? Did she dry heave? If not then you are fine.
I have no idea why every single woman in the world is not a lesbian and
neither do you. Stop trying to figure it out. You are hopelessly inept at fashion
compared to slightly retarded Russian girls. The girl likes you or she wouldn't
have talked to you. So stop with the negative crap, the negative thinking. 

Win a good girls heart and she will buy your clothes cheaper than you can
and you will look better than you deserve.

I lived in North Dakota. There were more than 70 men for every single woman
in the State. That includes 6 year old girls and 82 year old crones. I brought
Angel Eyes to North Dakota and some men had gone days without ever seeing
a woman. I had nothing to fear because I found a good girl and won her heart.

Now I know guys like GQ can rely on their social skills to win, I'm not one of them, I've learnt some stuff along the way but guys that are naturally good will run rings around me.

Who cares? GQ is married. Win the girls heart.

1. Stop the stinkin thinkin
2. Find a good girl
3. Don't come back in a month and make this same crap argument again.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 03:16:06 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline ML

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2021, 04:21:26 PM »
I brought Angel Eyes to North Dakota and some men had gone days without ever seeing
a woman. I had nothing to fear because I found a good girl and won her heart.

But didn't you keep your 'six shooter' nearby ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2021, 06:00:05 PM »
Take this one for example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Emporio-Armani-Dress-size-8-/304030188697?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Plenty of other examples of new dresses on there, go around town in Ukraine and look like you and you're girl are minted.

If you believe that is an original Armani, I have an outstanding gold stock you can invest in (read about Bre-X.  I know someone who made $40 million on that stock before it was cease traded).
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2021, 02:41:10 AM »

If you believe that is an original Armani, I have an outstanding gold stock you can invest in (read about Bre-X.  I know someone who made $40 million on that stock before it was cease traded).

It comes with all the tags on it.

This is what I bought except I got mine for half the price as while it was also new with the tags on it had a few very minor stains on the back trouser leg which I'm not bothered about as their so small and may be able to get off anyway:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AJ-ARMANI-COLLEZIONI-TCPJ15-TCS00-Mens-Chino-Trousers-Regular-Fit-Casual-Pants-/255016423129?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Even if it did turn out to be counterfeit I doubt anyone could tell the difference. There certainly seems to be the quality there in the material, mine was very soft and comfortable (100 percent cotton apparently). My guess is that it's excess stock either from a previous season, stock that didn't sell and room had to be made for new stuff in or possibly stock from shops that closed down. They've got to get rid of it somewhere so probably sell in on to traders elsewhere.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2021, 10:41:46 AM »
I can tell it’s fake just in a photo. Fakes aren’t made with the detail of designer clothing.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2021, 01:12:35 PM »

Counterfeit money comes with the serial numbers on the bills. Making the fake tag
is the easiest part. Duplicating the stitching, the seams, the thread count of the
fabric, the quality of the dye in the coloring. That's what's difficult to fake.

My Angel Eyes can make bolts of cloth into clothing. You should see her shop for
clothes, she looks at every seam every stitch, she pulls the sleeves inside out and
examines them. If there are four identical shirts she can determine which one is
made better than the others.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 01:17:34 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »

This is what I bought except I got mine for half the price as while it was also new with the tags on it had a few very minor stains on the back trouser leg which I'm not bothered about as their so small and may be able to get off anyway:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AJ-ARMANI-COLLEZIONI-TCPJ15-TCS00-Mens-Chino-Trousers-Regular-Fit-Casual-Pants-/255016423129?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Even if it did turn out to be counterfeit I doubt anyone could tell the difference. There certainly seems to be the quality there in the material, mine was very soft and comfortable (100 percent cotton apparently). My guess is that it's excess stock either from a previous season, stock that didn't sell and room had to be made for new stuff in or possibly stock from shops that closed down. They've got to get rid of it somewhere so probably sell in on to traders elsewhere.

I suppose this is all subjective, so didn't want to pick on this too much. I hope the pants fits you well.

Maybe I'm just being curious if the Armani 'look' really appeals to a lot of folks more than the other options I showed here. Looking at the link TC provided, I screen printed it, and IMHO, those pants are too long, grossly lack any complimenting 'cut' or tailoring, and worst of all, it gave you two nauseating color options - white or black!!!

Casual as it may be, even jeans like 501s, it's in the 'fit' that flatters. In addition, do you really need to spend this much money for a casual wear?

Anyway, low-waisted, flat front, well fitting (regular, slim, skinny, etc...and other than black or white) pants didn't have to cost over $30-40.00/pair! At least IMHO.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2021, 01:47:20 PM »

I suppose this is all subjective, so didn't want to pick on this too much. I hope the pants fits you well.

Maybe I'm just being curious if the Armani 'look' really appeals to a lot of folks more than the other options I showed here. Looking at the link TC provided, I screen printed it, and IMHO, those pants are too long, grossly lack any complimenting 'cut' or tailoring, and worst of all, it gave you two nauseating color options - white or black!!!

Casual as it may be, even jeans like 501s, it's in the 'fit' that flatters. In addition, do you really need to spend this much money for a casual wear?

Anyway, low-waisted, flat front, well fitting (regular, slim, skinny, etc...and other than black or white) pants didn't have to cost over $30-40.00/pair! At least IMHO.

I chose white :D

Think it was a choice of white or navy there not black though navy is quite close to black.

Yeah the pair I got tended to fit like in the photo so a bit of slack in the leg. I think the colour is probably more dependant on time of year if it suits/climate. Blacks & navy suit in a winter colder climate where in the summer white can go quite nicely even better than beige on a very sunny hot day.

I kind of find that Levi's have as their day, more of a 80s & 90s thing. Jeans in any case aren't a great choice on a very sunny hot day, it's easy to look and feel out of place in them, too heavy material for the day really.

It's true the fit may not be quite there but the FSW will likely dig the fashion brand and its job will be done ;D

The colour choice can be fine depending on what you match it with and how it goes together. Possibly the keg might need taking up slightly but will see how it goes.

Offline 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2021, 10:57:29 AM »

I can wear rags around the house or doing yard work or doing carpentry work,
but Angel Eyes won't let me go to work or an appointment or out to a restaurant
unless everything is well put together.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2021, 08:09:18 AM »
I ordered myself a new jacket the other day. It's not a suit style of jacket as in blazer, sports jacket, etc it's a more casual style than that. I would say it's smart-casual, not an easy thing to achieve for a guy think a smart casual look is easier for a woman to achieve. I needed a new jacket but decided in the end that any type of suit jacket, blazer, sports jacket just wouldn't be something I would wear everyday and that it would end up hanging in my wardrobe only to be dusted off for those occasions where it was essential to wear one. Even a casual style of blazer or sports jacket would just feel perculiar to wear out and about I feel. Ordinarily I don't think I'm a suit wearing guy sort of personality and it would probably jar a lot with who I am I think.

Offline Grumpy

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2021, 05:36:13 PM »
I get the good girl thing Bill, but a girl has to find stuff attractive in a guy.

Good girls want good guys. Work on being the best you can be, and the rest will fall in line.  (girls that want "bad boys" are not really good girls, they are thrill seekers.)
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2262
Total: 2272

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM