It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Responses to Introductory Posts  (Read 64349 times)

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Responses to Introductory Posts
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2007, 10:57:31 PM »
Ahh, here we have yet another golden nugget from our man Turbo.

Gator, I have to agree that it is extremely important.   If a woman is using an electronic translator misspelled words are just not going to work, even if she does not need one she is going to find it very confusing and difficult to read poor English.
Here our man Turbo makes the point that proper spelling and grammar are important.  No make that extremely important!

I think AJ proves it is not vital.  I am sure he is far from the only one who makes some mistakes.

In the very next sentence, Turboman reverses himself, good spelling and grammar are not important at all!!!  Note to Turbo:  That AJ was successful does not prove that spelling and grammar are not important.  It only means that one person of AJ's caliber can overcome the handicap.  Not many of us are as handsome as AJ might give one clue as to why.  And AJ had a lot of other attributes to overcome his deficiencies.

I started my search long before the internet was common and went through the same things about trying to use simple sentences and trying to use a dictionary to translate some of the letters I received in Russian.   It is so much easier today.
Didn't you start your search before electricity?
I think we often tend to think everyone is like us and wants the same qualites in a woman.  I think in reality we are a very diverse group.   We have guys who are very successful in business, and we have some who hold 9-5 jobs.  We have guys who live a very cosmopolitan life and some laid back country folk.    The same applies to the women.  There are good women who are loaded with class and sophistication and there are some who work in shops or rather average jobs. 
  Maybe it is me, but have you been hitting the same bottle as Jazzy?  This pointless ramble is meaningless.

I think if someone is realistic in what they seek and has the financial ability to carry the process through and the inner strength to deal with the challenges they can probably find someone they should be happy with.   
Huh?  More mindless ramblings without substance.  Do you just pick hot button words like "inner strength" and "financial responsibility" and try to string them together in order to make a coherent sentence?  What on earth does this have to do with spelling and grammar?

Wondermonkey,   good post and I agree with a lot of it.
Which part?  Was it when he said " Honestly, I ignore most of your posts for various reasons (no content, confusing, irrational, poor judgment, etc"?
KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline KenC

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2007, 10:59:31 PM »
Oh mama dorogaya, then go get some sleep and then read it again , with all my respect

Commander Jazzy  ;D
Jazzy,
I like your new title!

Commander Jazzy, space cadet
KenC

Offline wiz

• Alt Forum
  • Born in Greece living in England
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2007, 03:03:04 AM »
KenC

You call me a sex tourist because I have met 4 RW in the past 2 years, unlike you going ONE Time to the supermarket and buying one. I suggest you look to yourself and your successful marriage to your granddaughter……..and if you have any common sense left, you will admit that, your “Happy marriage of convenience and trade off of benefits”, is nothing more than a SHAM!

I have told you my views about you and your SHAM marriage in another post and I am not afraid posting here but simply I have better things to fulfil my life than having verbal arguments with you on the internet. RWD or any other similar board is not the centre of the universe nor my REAL LIFE!:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=186;sa=showPosts;start=30

My comments were correct, judging from your 24/7 hours presence on the board. Anybody thinking, I am talking rubbish just check this thread. I have stop reading your boring and Aggressive posts and also your bragging about your SHAM marriage, sometime ago and prefer to read comments from other sensible people, like BillyB, Sandro, Simoni, Gator etc. It is also refreshing and very interesting to read posts from new people like the Wonder Monkey.

With my limited resources, I have visited Ukraine and Russia more times than many people here, I have acquired plenty of experience for both countries and its people and I only post and give advice when I think is appropriate. In my life I have had 2 very long term international successful relationships, spanning over 30 years but I have never bragged about it. I have posted honestly my personal experiences in pursuit of RW, disclosing more than necessary details, without pontificating and criticizing anybody, as you and your chums do. I have publicly admitted my mistakes and took full responsibility for my actions and I got plenty of flak for it!. I have taken notice to what people, like Groove and Catzenmouse said and I have found the right woman for me, exactly as Ken described his Elena, very long time ago:

When I met Elena and got to know her I found a woman that felt her emotions deeply, gave with all of her heart and soul, did not play "head games", was totally honest and up front, and wanted what I wanted in life. To love and be loved by the one person who matched with me. The fact that she is younger, has a very beautiful accent, and is stunning are very wonderful bonuses but were not the first and foremost points in my search. Even when we are stressing or not communicating very well I always know that this is the very best and most wonderful woman that I could have ever found in my life and she means more to me than anything else ever has.

I can assure you and your chums that as groove said, my new woman is crazy about me and she loves me for what I am and not for what she can or could get out of me. Of course YOU CAN'T SAY THE SAME for your marriage to your granddaughter.

It is obvious that this thread and comments by Dan and other's is simply the result of your recent actions and inappropriate behaviour. In actual fact you have become a LIABILITY to RWD board and a DETERRENT to the new members who are thinking of taking the plunge to post here. Your need to fill your EMPTY LIFE and your idle hours in your wheelchair, SHOULD NOT be the reason for the Demise, as predicted by your chum, of the RWD board

Just before I posted this message, I had a quick look on the thread and read Jazzy’s comments and your replies. I don't necessary agree with young Jazzy all the time but her last offering makes more sense to me than your silly reply!

Your cantankerous and ghetto mentality is becoming more of a threat to the existence and prosperity of RWD, than I thought before. I would suggest to Dan to take a closer look to your activities.

Insults directed toward another member's marriage and wife. Second offense.

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2007, 03:20:08 AM »
KenC

You call me a sex tourist because I have met 4 RW in the past 2 years, unlike you going ONE Time to the supermarket and buying one. I suggest you look to yourself and your successful marriage to your granddaughter……..and if you have any common sense left, you will admit that, your “Happy marriage of convenience and trade off of benefits”, is nothing more than a SHAM!

I have told you my views about you and your SHAM marriage in another post and I am not afraid posting here but simply I have better things to fulfil my life than having verbal arguments with you on the internet. RWD or any other similar board is not the centre of the universe nor my REAL LIFE!:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=186;sa=showPosts;start=30

My comments were correct, judging from your 24/7 hours presence on the board. Anybody thinking, I am talking rubbish just check this thread. I have stop reading your boring and Aggressive posts and also your bragging about your SHAM marriage, sometime ago and prefer to read comments from other sensible people, like BillyB, Sandro, Simoni, Gator etc. It is also refreshing and very interesting to read posts from new people like the Wonder Monkey.

With my limited resources, I have visited Ukraine and Russia more times than many people here, I have acquired plenty of experience for both countries and its people and I only post and give advice when I think is appropriate. In my life I have had 2 very long term international successful relationships, spanning over 30 years but I have never bragged about it. I have posted honestly my personal experiences in pursuit of RW, disclosing more than necessary details, without pontificating and criticizing anybody, as you and your chums do. I have publicly admitted my mistakes and took full responsibility for my actions and I got plenty of flak for it!. I have taken notice to what people, like Groove and Catzenmouse said and I have found the right woman for me, exactly as Ken described his Elena, very long time ago:

I can assure you and your chums that as groove said, my new woman is crazy about me and she loves me for what I am and not for what she can or could get out of me. Of course YOU CAN'T SAY THE SAME for your marriage to your granddaughter.

It is obvious that this thread and comments by Dan and other's is simply the result of your recent actions and inappropriate behaviour. In actual fact you have become a LIABILITY to RWD board and a DETERRENT to the new members who are thinking of taking the plunge to post here. Your need to fill your EMPTY LIFE and your idle hours in your wheelchair, SHOULD NOT be the reason for the Demise, as predicted by your chum, of the RWD board

Just before I posted this message, I had a quick look on the thread and read Jazzy’s comments and your replies. I don't necessary agree with young Jazzy all the time but her last offering makes more sense to me than your silly reply!

Your cantankerous and ghetto mentality is becoming more of a threat to the existence and prosperity of RWD, than I thought before. I would suggest to Dan to take a closer look to your activities.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: 

I'm sorry.. that's hilarious...  I know wiz was trying to flame you KenC but that has got to be one of the funniest things I've read in a long time....

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: 

... and I bet wiz doesn't even know why it was so funny.

I really love this place...  every now and then you see the sublime turn into the ridiculous right before your eyes...

Lovin' it...    wiz... please continue...

Offline jb

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2007, 03:36:58 AM »
<---- throws up his hands in disgust.   Look out world, the inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Offline deccie

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2007, 03:37:55 AM »
Jazzy,
I like your new title!

Commander Jazzy, space cadet
KenC

In that small line Ken I think you have summarised Dan's point very succinctly.
You contributed nothing to the conversation yet resorted to an implied insult.

Offline wiz

• Alt Forum
  • Born in Greece living in England
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2007, 03:59:19 AM »
Kuna

I told you sometime ago about your addiction and looks I was right….. 1763 posts in just over a year, you are definitely becoming an honourable member of the OMB’s club, without the O because of your age but that not necessary make you more wise.

Haven’t you got enough on your plate, now, than wondering around here or she is sleeping?

I/O’s conspicuous absent in posting, is pretty indicative to the attention he gives in making his dream to come to fruitful successful conclusion.

If you think my comments were ridiculous then don’t be surprised if in the future I have a good laugh too, at your expense!

I re-iterate again that I wish I am wrong and you are right!

JB

Isn't funny that the old guard, supported by the aspiring young one to become a member of their club, doen't like critisism or any debate and with your implied insults try to keep control of events on the Board?

Haven't we read enough of your exclusive knowledge in relationships and perfect marriages?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:02:14 AM by wiz »

Offline Jazzyclassy

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2007, 04:28:22 AM »
I like the forum , from time to time they post something informative and interesting, in such threads it is nice to participate and at least there is a wish to read them, but sometimes it is total empty words, pulling one bucket of words and droping them into the other the same bucket - its tyring, annoying

I never ment to criticise anyone I like those Old Rah Rah club sometimes , when they are not being energetic vampires and  are normal cuddly dedushkas , sensible critics from  them it is a normal thing, but when it gets over the top,that's too much even for a very patient person.

I do not know why Kuna is laughing , he is supposed to be with his girlfriend.......
He got an infection from Rah Rah Club and wants more of their spitting in here, it is like a drug

So where is helping information?

Some say here they know russian women inside out , however they Still can not understand and know many russian women who are posting here, so obviously those men know only their wives that's it , so where is the possibility for the newbie to meet such the same particular woman like KenC's wife for example? there is no such chance cos all women are different , there is something similar of couse, but each person is individual , so how can they claim they know russian women!

Insultings and accusations wont help, but a lot of people are no longer posting in here cos of these ghetto reason, I think Dan got to do something about it!

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2007, 04:55:46 AM »
Jazzy,  I started to respond to your post before you just posted again but I do have to say your last two posts were very good and right on the money.  You have really highlighted some important issues that we really all need to think about.

I think RW and young RW can add a lot of value to RWD.   Sometimes in your posts I see that you are very young and don't have as much experience in many things but other times your posts can give me a good view of how you and other RW your age see thing and see the world.

I agree with you.   Driving new people who come here for help from RWD does no one any good.   As you so wisely pointed out taking someone who shared good and helpful information and getting them to the point where they are more guarded about posting personal information is also not a good thing for RWD.   I could list lots of examples but SOC is a good one.   He used to post a lot of insightful things that he was running into with his marriage that helped us all.  His posts were interesting and educational and a big asset for RWD.   Of course one of our OMB's does not like SOC so he was attacked often enough that he no longer posts things about his relationship.   I too post far less about my own situtation than I did in the past.   I just can't think either driving away newbies or driving people to post less about their situations is good for RWD.  We say we like the input and perspective of RW and sometimes can be very antagonistic towards them. 

When I talked about making people more guarded about posting personal information Wiz is another good example.  Wiz has the same goals as most of us.  To find happiness.   I would guess his dilemma thread is one of the most read threads here ever.  He is one more on the long list of people who no longer post much personal information about their search. 

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2007, 05:13:43 AM »
   I could list lots of examples but SOC is a good one.   He used to post a lot of insightful things that he was running into with his marriage that helped us all.  His posts were interesting and educational and a big asset for RWD.   Of course one of our OMB's does not like SOC so he was attacked often enough that he no longer posts things about his relationship.   I too post far less about my own situtation than I did in the past.   I just can't think either driving away newbies or driving people to post less about their situations is good for RWD.  We say we like the input and perspective of RW and sometimes can be very antagonistic towards them. 

When I talked about making people more guarded about posting personal information Wiz is another good example.  Wiz has the same goals as most of us.  To find happiness.   I would guess his dilemma thread is one of the most read threads here ever.  He is one more on the long list of people who no longer post much personal information about their search.       

Yeah that's all understandable Turbo, but that is your  fights  between each other , between men who are competing with each other, it is a place for some category of men who instead of accepting  people , they reject them

Then again if looking back at those things I can admit my own mistake of registering here, as there are almost no people of my age, how could I ever was a fool to think that am fitting into this community and anyone can understand me, I found few kind people who managed to understand....  , well :)it is fine , it is a nice experience, nice rude english words into my vocabulary, always will be necessary , who knows what can happen in life :)

I just hope you will keep it friendly and all will be back to normal here :)

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2007, 05:35:31 AM »
Jazzy, I disagree about there being no people your age.  I see the number of young RW growing quite a bit and I see far more young guys in their 20's who post here and are interested in meeting RW.  The days of it being a club of older and more successful men who persued RW seem to be changing.  Some here can't accept that change.  I have a feeling the rules of the game may change dramatically in the near future.

I do think I see less understanding of the younger set than I would like.  I see the maturity of the men questioned and the same for the women and you are a good example of that.   Life is a learning experience.  I think a lot of young people feel like the older crowd does not understand them and I am talking about here to an extent but in life in general as well.  I think some of the older crowd here have forgotten what it is like to be young.  The younger crowd my not have the life experience of the Geritol set but they have other assets that make up for that.

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2007, 06:53:22 AM »
Another crazy SoC idea.

Why not utalize the live chat feature more often?

Invite the new members for a live online chat on a Saturday or Sunday. People tend to be very civilized in chat and I enjoy it when there is someone to chat with.

The chat text will not show up anywhere on the board, so any remarks about appearance and dress can be left in the chat room (if the newbie asks for that sort of advice).

Offline William3rd

• Commercial Member
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2007, 06:57:27 AM »
Actually, that is a very fine idea, SOC. Much better than the current text version of The Three Stooges or the Keystone Cops.

It will probably take more planning than anyone wants to spend, but a fine idea nevertheless.

My apologies for insulting the stooges. . . . .

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2007, 07:07:20 AM »
To my mind  I think it is very easy to keep things friendly

if not touching somebody whom you completely can not understand but you realise this person is normal just not in your circle of communication , just do not go to his thread do not provoke him/her do not touch his/her painful places and its gonna be hunky -dory :)

like I try not to post where for example Jack posts his women , he asked about it and very good that he asked ,am not posting there and by this I am not provoking anyone and not irritating and he does not irritate me , cos it is obvious people are all different one can not make them all the same

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2007, 07:16:54 AM »
Just popping in after a nice break..  funny thread indeed.

The welcome section of the board has been quite popular and is now copied as a 'standard' feature most other 'places' to welcome the newcomers and get the 'jist' of where they are coming from.

I think newcomers and OMB's alike should refrain from going into deep discussions and do their deeds in more appropriate sections of the board.

Newcomers should ask questions or solicit responses elsewhere on the board and not in their initial welcome post.

Offline KenC

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2007, 07:54:18 AM »
KenC

You call me a sex tourist because I have met 4 RW in the past 2 years, unlike you going ONE Time to the supermarket and buying one.
By suggesting that my wife can be "bought" disparages my wife's character as that of a whore or prostitute.  If that was said to my face, you would be beaten to a pulp.

I suggest you look to yourself and your successful marriage to your granddaughter……..and if you have any common sense left, you will admit that, your “Happy marriage of convenience and trade off of benefits”, is nothing more than a SHAM!
Again, you disparage my wife's character.  You have the class of a cockroach.  I will not defend my marriage to a low life such as you.  It is not necessary as we do know what we have and you do not.
And almost got banned for it before.  Attack me all you want, you slimball, but to attack my wife and my marriage is a new low here for RWD.
My comments were correct, judging from your 24/7 hours presence on the board. Anybody thinking, I am talking rubbish just check this thread. I have stop reading your boring and Aggressive posts and also your bragging about your SHAM marriage, sometime ago and prefer to read comments from other sensible people, like BillyB, Sandro, Simoni, Gator etc.

Then why this long disjointed and classless reply?
It is also refreshing and very interesting to read posts from new people like the Wonder Monkey.

You mean the post where Wondermonkey gave me high praise?
With my limited resources,

That's your problem, get a better job!
I have visited Ukraine and Russia more times than many people here, I have acquired plenty of experience for both countries and its people and I only post and give advice when I think is appropriate. In my life I have had 2 very long term international successful relationships, spanning over 30 years but I have never bragged about it. I have posted honestly my personal experiences in pursuit of RW, disclosing more than necessary details, without pontificating and criticizing anybody, as you and your chums do. I have publicly admitted my mistakes and took full responsibility for my actions and I got plenty of flak for it!. I have taken notice to what people, like Groove and Catzenmouse said and I have found the right woman for me, exactly as Ken described his Elena, very long time ago:

You have no clue about my marriage and as I said before, I will not defend it to a low life like you or anyone else.  BTW, just for the record, my wife is about the same age as my daughter, not granddaughter. (and what isthe age difference between you and your latest victim?)
It is obvious that this thread and comments by Dan and other's is simply the result of your recent actions and inappropriate behaviour.

If you knew what you were talking of, which is obvious that you don't, you would see that I did not slam Chris at all in the original thread.
In actual fact you have become a LIABILITY to RWD board

Most others don't think so, in fact Wondermonkey had just the opposite opinion.
and a DETERRENT [/b] to the new members who are thinking of taking the plunge to post here.

Again, you are talking out of your azz because I said nothing derogatory to Chris.
Your need to fill your EMPTY LIFE and your idle hours in your wheelchair, SHOULD NOT be the reason for the Demise, as predicted by your chum, of the RWD board
Is your Altzimers acting up?  You're getting hard to follow here.  What "chum" do you speak of? I walk just fine.  How I choose to spend my time is of no concern to you.  But thank you for your concern.

Maybe my mistake is that English is my native tongue?

I am sure that it is your activities that will be looked at, not mine.
KenC
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 08:38:12 AM by KenC »

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2007, 08:01:48 AM »
I think KenC needs some vacation with his wife

Wiz is a nice old man and he does not deny himself being dedushka , he has lovely wonderful grandkids and he is searching for happiness

Wiz is just with a talented soul of imaginative person , he is rather sensetive

It is already boring to read your posts , you write the same thing, I know what will you tell about me and about others beforehand, so people are all armed here :P

Offline KenC

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2007, 08:13:27 AM »
I think KenC needs some vacation with his wife

Wiz is a nice old man and he does not deny himself being dedushka , he has lovely wonderful grandkids and he is searching for happiness

Wiz is just with a talented soul of imaginative person , he is rather sensetive

It is already boring to read your posts , you write the same thing, I know what will you tell about me and about others beforehand, so people are all armed here :P

Jazzy,
It tells much about your character when you defend a man like Wiz.  Where was your Russian pride when he was saying bad things about a fellow RW?

You are quick to jump on me and others when we say something less than complimentary and yet you say nothing when wiz calls my wife a prostitute?
KenC

Offline Jazzyclassy

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2007, 09:18:30 AM »
He never called your wife like this!!!!

Wiz has his flaws I treat him with understanding,

I always stand my ground and wont bend over neither your point of view nor Wiz's

just I see him as more sensitive soul than you

If you did not want your marriage to be discussed here , you whould never post anything about it

Understand anything you want about my character, none is attacking you , you want to be the centre of attention

Wiz was not right to express his opinion in a rude way , but I am not involving into your battle, you both insulted each other so talk properly to each other and resolve the conflict

it is piss poor way to manipulate and involve me into your dirty old scandals

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2007, 09:21:36 AM »
Whoa Boy!

This topic has developed a life of its own. Guess there needed another 'venting of the collective RWD spleen' or something.

wiz - as before, I will not tolerate your responses which disparage another member's marriage and wife. As this is the second time this has been a problem, I am placing your account in Moderated status for 30 days. Posts will require Moderator/Admin approval before they appear in the live forum.

Next - there is simply no excuse for ANYONE to use name-calling or personal insults in your communications. No excuse whatsoever.

Here is a re-statement of the RWD Vision:

RWD is the premier online discussion site for people involved, or seeking to be involved, in a romantic relationship with women from the countries of the Former Soviet Union (FSU).

RWD enjoys active and vibrant participation from diverse members across the globe.

RWD stresses inclusivity and self-moderation amongst the members who join our site.

RWD promotes spirited, even heated, discourse and exchange - within the confines of civil behavior and with a focus on increasing our collective knowledge and understanding of these international unions.

RWD acts as a member of the International Relations organization to promote and encourage honest and ethical behaviors among all participants in the international dating community.

Topics at RWD range from politics to sexuality, religion, culture, history and beyond - all within the overall context of international relationships with women from the FSU

RWD practices tolerance of diversity in opinions expressed and experiences shared, and promotes the notion of individual choice wherever and whenever possible.

RWD is an unbiased and independent 'voice' in the international dating/marriage community, free of commercial leverage. We promote no group or organization (except our own) over any other.

In the future, if ANYONE see a post which violates one or more of these tenets, please point it out in a follow-up post directed to the person who violated the tenet. Post it professionally and without rancor. If a flamefest ensues, use the 'Report to Moderator' link found in each and every message.

Someone suggested that it is time for me to "do something" about all this rancor. Fact is - I *have* done something. We spent time developing the RWD Vision as a statement of what *YOU*, the members, wanted for RWD. That Vision clearly spells out the need for self-moderation and civility. I am pointing out that many of our members have 'crossed the line' and are not following the same value system they endorsed with publication of the Vision statements.

We are a site which will take on the tenor and make-up of its members. While the management team and I have a limited ability to influence direction - YOU are the ones who will make RWD whatever it is you want it to become. If you want a cesspool of hate-speak, you will, over time, manage to get it there. At this point, the RWD Vision represents what the members have told me you want - and it is what I am trying to help make happen - but ultimately, YOU will decide.

- Dan

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541327
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843