It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Russian Invasion of Ukraine-The Real Nazis  (Read 238916 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
The Russian Invasion of Ukraine-The Real Nazis
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 08:20:15 AM »
And you vote a straight Liberal, Progressive, Democrat ticket every election.
No. What makes u say that?

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 08:34:34 AM »

Every politicians have their own array of lobbyists.

Don't believe for a minute that those street lights in Ukraine was done out of the kindness of our hearts and that we have so much money available we just don't know what to do with it. Fat corporate lobbyists are lined up for every individual brickhead running for office in Washington. So in some silly ways, it doesn't matter if you elected Bevis over Butthead, monies will filter its way through those lobbyists to suck up monies from all of us one way or another.

Hell, IRS just blew nearly 150 billion in improper EIT payments since 2003 and no one even noticed. You think a few street lights anywhere in this silly world would matter all that much in the overall scheme of things?
I hear you regarding lobbyists.  I wonder what the process was to get those lights on Ukraine, and why that money was spent before other things like better border security. ..I'm certain the American citizens would have preferred the money being spent differently than streetlights in ukraine, if we have to prioritize, which I feel we do.

I also read the story on EIC overpayments
...this story bothers me a little less than it probably should.   I might be one of the few fiscally conservative people who likes EIC.  Since corporations have shipped many  of the decent paying jobs overseas, we should give a financial boost to low wage workers, with kids...but I'd also like to see those that blatantly scammed the system put in prison.  I guess that won't happen.
Fathertime!

lordtiberius

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 08:37:29 AM »
Why vote liberal Democrat when George Soros endorses Ron Paul?

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 08:50:10 AM »
regarding lobbyists. 

Long time ago in school I remember a debate about lobbyists and whether they should or shouldn't exist. One person had a very good point. If politicians didn't have a good income or adequate finances for elections, corruption will eventually take over. There was a time in America's history where the mafia was very strong and the direction of this nation could've been different. Fortunately we has strong people in government and in the FBI to keep the mafia from growing.

If politicians didn't make good income or have adequate finances for elections because there were no lobbying, bribing could become a way of life in American politics. Mafia and or their puppets could be winning a majority elections.

Once corruption becomes a way of life in politics, it's hard to change course. Ukraine is going to need outside help to change course. They won't be able to do it on their own.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Manny

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 11:49:54 AM »
I stopped by your propaganda forum the other day and boy, it definitely looks like a subsidiary of Russia Today.

There are other views in Europe than the American one. Hard to grasp on your side of the pond I know, but really, there are.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 12:11:01 PM by Manny »

Offline Gator

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 12:53:58 PM »
There are other views in Europe than the American one. Hard to grasp on your side of the pond I know, but really, there are.

I understand and accept your point.   Yet you fail when trying to illustrate your point with music.  Also, as an older man, I say your music is old (not to mention "Its David Bowie" ....eeeeek).

Instead, how about the Ozzie hit cover song:   

At least it makes one move rather than fall asleep.

lordtiberius

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 04:32:59 PM »
An old Army buddy used to say whenever he was in a foreign land and his nationality came up, he would say they want f!$k me or fight me. Either way, they want me.
God Bless America.

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 05:15:53 PM »
Instead, how about the Ozzie hit cover song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3S4dBk4E1g
Why not the original version ;)?

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Gator

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 09:14:55 PM »
Why not the original version ;)?

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: 

1950s? 

Now that I have read the lyrics, the song is no more applicable to Manny's point than David Bowie.  My apology Manny. 

So, don't judge a song by the cover....groan....bad pun (or title either).

Petrof piano is new to me.  I read that Petrof is Czech and a high quality piano.   Steinway was started in America by a German immigrant. 

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2014, 11:10:14 PM »
Until the majority of the Russian population really "sees" the extent to which Putin has been lying to them, they will still cling to his words. Unfortunately, since all radio and TV is state owned, they never will.

All of the players in this (EU, US and Russia) have been very careful not to win this because to win means to inherit Ukraines troubles. Everyone is lying. They want the influence to rule Ukraine but not the responsibility of rebuilding it.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 06:55:29 AM »
1950s?
Yes:
During the 1950s Carosone became more and more popular, his orchestra was in great demand both in Italy and abroad, and records sales were soaring high.

His song Torero - specially composed for a Spanish tour - remained for 14 weeks at number 1 on the US hit parade. Torero was translated into 12 languages and no fewer than thirty cover versions were recorded in the United States alone. On 5 January 1957 Carosone and his band started off a successful American tour with a concert in Cuba. This tour concluded with a triumphant performance at the prestigious Carnegie Hall in New York.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renato_Carosone
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Manny

• Commercial Member
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »
There was a version of that very popular in Russia a couple of years ago, Sandro. I heard it on every radio station there This one I think:

(I have no Youtube button in this room for some reason and SMF flash code doesn't work for me either)

(Again the httpS problem ;))

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:55:38 PM by SANDRO43 »

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 03:52:46 PM »
There was a version of that very popular in Russia a couple of years ago, Sandro. I heard it on every radio station there
Curious that it'd become popular after some 60+ years after its original release :o.

But Russians seem to be partial to great Neapolitan songs like Luna rossa (Red Moon - no political implications in its lyrics, just a matter of refractive index and thin low clouds in the eastern horizon ;)):

Milan's "Duomo"

Offline JayH

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2014, 02:08:31 AM »

Putin is actually withdrawing troops?

Today, May 19, the President of Russia Vladimir Putin gave the command to turn the head of the Defense Ministry troops, who took part in exercises in Rostov, Belgorod and Bryansk region, in places of permanent deployment. According to the press service of the Kremlin, the spring force training phase is completed. "Putin gave the Minister of Defence to return troops participating in exercises at their home stations and combat training to continue on adjacent grounds", - reported in the Kremlin.
Більше читайте тут: http://tsn.ua/politika/putin-virishiv-vidvesti-viyska-vid-kordonu-z-ukrayinoyu-350237.html

http://tsn.ua/politika/putin-virishiv-vidvesti-viyska-vid-kordonu-z-ukrayinoyu-350237.html

Could it possibly be true? Not yet confirmed by other cources-- so we will see.
I think it is possible as the failure of the wider invasion has been stymied and has not spread. The Ukrainian forces are gradually getting control  and it is a trend that will accelerate .What is really needed is for the general populace to clearly understand the threat was from Russia-- and not from Kiev.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 10:08:06 AM »
There is no end  to the Russian interference.

http://tsn.ua/politika/rosiya-pidnime-v-nebo-boyovu-aviaciyu-na-kordoni-z-ukrayinoyu-u-den-viboriv-350399.html
In the Air Force of Russia reported on the readiness to conduct military exercises with combat aircraft and helicopters near the Ukrainian border on the day of the presidential elections in Ukraine on 25 May. This was reported in the press service of the Defense Ministry.
Більше читайте тут: http://tsn.ua/politika/rosiya-pidnime-v-nebo-boyovu-aviaciyu-na-kordoni-z-ukrayinoyu-u-den-viboriv-350399.html
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

lordtiberius

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2014, 04:33:54 PM »
But ft says there is no invasion.

Offline JayH

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2014, 08:06:20 PM »
Translated and quoting -for those that refuse to understand and continue to rationalise the Russian invasion.
"Now and civilized Europe (via Ukraine), learns the hard way that survived Chechnya, and now going through and the entire Caucasus.
recall this Europe without shame or conscience demanded that the Mujahideen in Chechnya and now requires the Mujahideen of the Caucasus Emirate "to stop terrorism." This Europe-ass like a fool and still repeated by inertia KGB repeats stories about "Islamic terrorism", indulging in every way bloody murder Caucasian Muslims.
And now bloody Russism delineated on the doorstep of Europe. While only slightly parted his animal mug.
Karlivka After the fight under Russian GRU officers from the terrorist gang cut heart captive Battalion "Donbass" (Video) and mutilated body of Nazi symbols. It's done in Chechnya Russian, only on a much larger scale and for nearly 20 years.
"We met with Alex on March 27 the children's festival, organized social movement" Donetsk - Ukraine is. " It took a little less than two months. May 19 we talked and he told me that in the battalion a lot of work. And now he was dead. Died as a hero, "- said a familiar fighter" Donbass. "
We brutally murdered Ukrainian volunteer survived by his wife and small child.
May 23, it was reported that near Donetsk Russian officers shot a man with a swastika on his chest for his membership in the "Rules sector. "
In fact, during the brutal torture Russian officers themselves cut his skin swastika, and then cut at the heart of the victim is still alive.
Recall that in the morning on May 23 near the village Karlivka Donetsk region ambushed soldiers were volunteers from the battalion "Donbass . "
According to the commander, more than half of his men were wounded. They asked for reinforcements, but it never came.
Approximately one hour after the start of the battle part of volunteers "Donbass" could break out.
spetsbatalona Command "Donbass" Semen Sementchenko reported that terrorists as part of Russian GRU officers, among whom were supposed Kadyrov, somehow found the route of the battalion, which is why they were ambushed, and some soldiers were taken prisoner.
Subsequently Russian terrorist gang GRU reported that all soldiers executed special battalion "Donbass", which was captured near the village Karlivka.
penalty About Ukrainian volunteers publicly boasted member of the terrorist gang of Russian GRU Lieutenant Colonel Igor a Bezler.https :/ /

Offline JayH

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 06:15:25 PM »
Vostok Battalion, A Powerful New Player In Eastern Ukraine

By Claire Bigg
May 30, 2014

Rumors that battle-hardened Chechen fighters from Russia's notorious Vostok Battalion are active in eastern Ukraine have been swirling for weeks.

They unexpectedly materialized on May 29 when dozens of heavily armed men identifying themselves as members of the Vostok Battalion stormed the separatists' headquarters in central Donetsk, evicting the motley band of pro-Russian rebels that had occupied the building since March.

The brazen raid, conducted in broad daylight, has plunged the region into new uncertainty. The emergence of such a widely recognizable Russian military structure in eastern Ukraine has also raised questions about Moscow's role in the conflict.

http://www.rferl.org/content/vostok-battalion-a-powerful-new-player-in-eastern-ukraine/25404785.html

viyskovih.htmlhttp://www.rferl.org/content/vostok-battalion-a-powerful-new-player-in-eastern-ukraine/25404785.html

http://www.rferl.org/content/ukraine-donetsk-vostok-battalion/25404061.html

Anyone want to try and tell us that Russia has not invaded Ukraine? More murderous hired thugs sent to kill and disrupt Ukraine  by Russia-- a state promoting terrorism.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 06:19:45 PM by JayH »

Offline rockford75

• Married And Loving it!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2014, 06:48:28 PM »
Russian invasion of Ukraine? Iam not sure what news you follow but your wrong. The Ukraine crisis is all western backed. Western powers namely the USA sent in forces and overthrew an elected Government namely ViKtor Yushchenko. In a attempt yet again by NATO to encircle Russia with missiles and      military forces. yes Russia invaded Crimea but if you look in your history books Crimea has always been apart of Russia on and off through the years. When Russia invaded Crimea they were only talking back what was rightfully theres.   Go here and see for yourself   http://www.infowars.com/the-truth-about-the-ukraine-crisis/

Offline Larry1

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2014, 07:03:54 PM »
The Ukraine crisis is all western backed. Western powers namely the USA sent in forces and overthrew an elected Government namely ViKtor Yushchenko... When Russia invaded Crimea they were only talking back what was rightfully theres.   Go here and see for yourself   http://www.infowars.com/the-truth-about-the-ukraine-crisis/

Viktor Yuschenko has not been president of Ukraine for several years.  But I don't expect an ignorant fellow such as yourself to know this.  Really, read RT.com or Pravda (or pretty much any Russian media source) for your opinions. Those sources, even if they lie repeatedly, at least get the players right.

Offline jone

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 07:17:48 PM »
Russian invasion of Ukraine? Iam not sure what news you follow but your (you're) wrong. The Ukraine crisis is all [western] (caps.) backed. Western powers, namely the USA, sent in forces and overthrew an elected [Government] (non caps) namely ViKtor Yushchenko Yanukovych. In an attempt yet again by NATO to encircle Russia with missiles and      military forces. yes Russia invaded Crimea but if you look in your history books Crimea has always been apart (See below) of Russia on and off through the years. When Russia invaded Crimea they were only talking back what was rightfully theres theirs.   Go here and see for yourself:   http://www.infowars.com/the-truth-about-the-ukraine-crisis/

Apart - Merriam-Webster Online
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apart
Merriam‑Webster
separated by an amount of space. : separated by an amount of time. : not together. Full Definition of APART. 1. a : at a little distance <tried to keep apart from the ...

I read this post.  It was painful.  Surely thar is no one as illiterit as this here righter!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline rockford75

• Married And Loving it!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »
 :rules          Hey thanks Jone for pointing out the grammar errors. But in 2 words WHO CARES?   There are only 2 things painful I see on this post and whole topic. 1. A person that spends there time correcting grammar errors. 2. The writer of this whole topic who loves to bash Russia and not have the facts right.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2014, 08:45:19 PM »

Anyone want to try and tell us that Russia has not invaded Ukraine? More murderous hired thugs sent to kill and disrupt Ukraine  by Russia-- a state promoting terrorism.

Since you asked, I don’t think this is an invasion of Ukraine (Not including Crimea, which I believe was an invasion).  I believe that Russian citizens have some involvement in escalating the discord and killing, but that does not constitute an invasion at this point.   When/if there are Russian troops dominating the cities, and all the systems are paying/answering to Russia then it will reach the point of where I’d agree an invasion is occurring.  I don’t think it will reach that point, because I don't believe Russia is interested enough in owning this real estate...given the problems that would likely ensue.

Fathertime!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:50:37 PM by fathertime »

Offline calmissile

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 09:12:28 PM »

Since you asked, I don’t think this is an invasion of Ukraine (Not including Crimea, which I believe was an invasion).  I believe that Russian citizens have some involvement in escalating the discord and killing, but that does not constitute an invasion at this point.   When/if there are Russian troops dominating the cities, and all the systems are paying/answering to Russia then it will reach the point of where I’d agree an invasion is occurring.  I don’t think it will reach that point, because I don't believe Russia is interested enough in owning this real estate...given the problems that would likely ensue.

Fathertime!

You gotta be kidding me.   Your definition of an invasion is consistent with an occupation, not an invasion.  Most people, I think recognize the difference.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:17:59 PM by calmissile »
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline fathertime

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2014, 10:17:07 PM »
You gotta be kidding me.   Your definition of an invasion is consistent with an occupation, not an invasion.  Most people, I think recognize the difference.

You are correct, what I mentioned was more than what would constitute ‘an invasion’.  Nevertheless, I still don’t think that Russia has invaded Ukraine, based on perhaps at most a few thousand Russian citizens joining the ranks of Ukrainian separatists perhaps much less.  If at all unified, surely a nation as large as Ukraine could expel such a small number of troublemakers.  My impression remains that a significant % of Ukrainian citizens (in the region) are involved or complicit and that is helping to create a situation where this rebellion can’t be put down very easily.   If Russia chooses to invade it will be with an overwhelming force, and they will probably annex the region, but that isn't likely to happen.  I don’t believe what is currently going on, is going to lead to an annexation….and I hope that it doesn't turn into Syria…I don’t think it will because I contend that the leaders getting together will make a deal (hopefully soon) and after this the violence will subside for the most part. 

Of course I get that part of what I've written is only an opinion or speculative, and I get that not everybody agrees with those opinions.     

Fathertime! 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1861
Total: 1872

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM