It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why think of RWD at a time like this?  (Read 11494 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Why think of RWD at a time like this?
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 05:35:39 PM »
The funny thing is, Zon married  a Western feminist. :)
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 10:20:27 AM »
I'm never ceased to be amazed at some of the huge age discrepancies between married couples on RWD. It's funny when the general stance on the forums seems to be that searching for a girl more than 10 years younger is fool's gold, yet some of the regular posters have wives much younger than this.

Reminds me of one of those wife hunting tours to the FSU you see on youtube, filled with either obese old men, or guys who just aren't all mentally/socially.

I guess the Western feminist stereotype does ring true in some instances.

Meh...posting here is pointless.

Actually no, it's not pointless to post here whether you agree with many posters or not. Sure there are many with large age gaps. Different strokes for different folks. The heart want's what it wants. I do believe most  many of them are are marrying fools gold but, some of them are not. It's not up to us to decide which is which or separate the wheat from the chafe. That will happen soon enough.

All posts and contribution to the forum is not only desired but vital and necessary. If you are looking for a place where everyone agrees with your point of view, move on. This isn't the place for you however, if you can voice an opinion and support it then, jump in, the waters fine  ;D

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 02:23:07 AM »
Ages ago, before I even knew of this forum, Olga and Legal wanted me to meet with friends of theirs, Ken and his wife. We never pulled the meeting off due to schedules, but years later I wished that we had found the time. Ken had a much younger bride and as he grew older, she grew apart. His handling of that, and the way he handled criticism from many here and other places, was with grace when it came to the subject of his bride. However it seemed obvious that it was a punch in the gut to him. That is never easy.

I've always thought that Ken's journey could be very instructive for new guys who have that gleam in the eyes (deer in headlights very often) with the prospect of a wife who is so much different in age. Then, there are couples who have managed to make it work.

In the end, we can only judge how it ends. For Ken, the ending was sad, but he always held her in esteem. It was not the ending for which he had hoped, but I seem to recall that he was a gentleman to and about her in all circumstances.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 08:42:06 AM »
Ages ago, before I even knew of this forum, Olga and Legal wanted me to meet with friends of theirs, Ken and his wife. We never pulled the meeting off due to schedules, but years later I wished that we had found the time. Ken had a much younger bride and as he grew older, she grew apart. His handling of that, and the way he handled criticism from many here and other places, was with grace when it came to the subject of his bride. However it seemed obvious that it was a punch in the gut to him. That is never easy.

I've always thought that Ken's journey could be very instructive for new guys who have that gleam in the eyes (deer in headlights very often) with the prospect of a wife who is so much different in age. Then, there are couples who have managed to make it work.

In the end, we can only judge how it ends. For Ken, the ending was sad, but he always held her in esteem. It was not the ending for which he had hoped, but I seem to recall that he was a gentleman to and about her in all circumstances.

Ken's saga was indeed a sad one. By all appearances and indications his wife entered the marriage earnestly and honestly in love with him. As it so often happens especially with large age gap relationships life goals change and more often than not go in completely opposite directions as was the case with Ken and his wife. As with Ken and his wife, many or most enter the marriage in good faith, sugar plums and dancing fairies living happily ever after but, then the reality hits home a few years down the road. It's something newbies specifically the guys in their 40's 50's 60's don't want to hear. They point only to the ones that do work and proclaim "that's me". When the numbers actually tell another ending.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 08:57:48 AM »
FP,

I've thought of what you've said often.  It should be pointed out that most of the men seeking spouses overseas have been previously married.  Sometimes more than once.  There are guys on here on their fourth marriage or more. 

In such a situation, I'm wondering that even if the couple is perfectly yolked (as the expression goes) if it wouldn't die because that is the nature of the man in question.  It is a question every man who is getting married for (at least) the second time has to ask himself.  I keep coming back to the Scorpion and the Frog.

Does 'Happily Ever After' die after the first marriage?  If it is alive and well, then what is the secret spell to keep it so?  I have always been an incurable optimist so I must believe that happy life situations can result and be permanent.  But I will always keep a weather eye in the relationship I am in now, and into the future.

Perhaps a good thread should be opened up about this topic and what characteristics perpetuate a marriage, FSU and WM or otherwise.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 12:25:28 PM »
The funny thing is, Zon married  a Western feminist. :)

How do you know she is a Western feminist?  She could be a former adult video star.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 12:41:20 PM »
The two are not incompatible.  She owns her own successful business. 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »
I'm never ceased to be amazed at some of the huge age discrepancies between married couples on RWD. It's funny when the general stance on the forums seems to be that searching for a girl more than 10 years younger is fool's gold, yet some of the regular posters have wives much younger than this.

Reminds me of one of those wife hunting tours to the FSU you see on youtube, filled with either obese old men, or guys who just aren't all mentally/socially.

I guess the Western feminist stereotype does ring true in some instances.

Meh...posting here is pointless.

It's only pointless if you feel your posts need to be adhered to, rather than simply heard, and considered.

and I have a large age gap marriage, so take all the free shots you'd like!
 :D

I have no problem with western feminists view point,nor am I bald , fat, or socially inept.
 I am guilty of being older than my wife.I'll be sure and do my proper penance.
 :popcorn:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:05:27 PM by Jumper »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 01:22:04 PM »
I am guilty of being older than my wife.  I'll be sure and do my proper penance.

On your knees... :ROFL:

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 02:17:43 PM »
It's only pointless if you feel your posts need to be adhered to, rather than simply heard, and considered.

and I have a large age gap marriage, so take all the free shots you'd like!
 :D

I have no problem with western feminists view point,nor am I bald , fat, or socially inept.

Who said you weren't socially inept?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline JayH

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »

So much suffering you are doing!! ;D ;D
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Jumper

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »
Who said you weren't socially inept?

These guys..!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:19:05 PM by Jumper »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats