It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML  (Read 317267 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Four Year Wonders Got Married: Ochka and ML
« Reply #925 on: April 27, 2020, 08:43:30 PM »

Depending on your DSL line speed, you may be able to stream content.

We do have a DSL line.

We cannot stream ANYTHING.

Yes, have tried multiple times.

Don't know what the Mbps available is, but whatever . . . cannot stream anything or even download movies.

Can watch short clips on youtube, with some delays.

But thanks for all the input fellow posters.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #926 on: April 27, 2020, 09:05:39 PM »
We do have a DSL line.

We cannot stream ANYTHING.

Yes, have tried multiple times.

Don't know what the Mbps available is, but whatever . . . cannot stream anything or even download movies.

Can watch short clips on youtube, with some delays.

But thanks for all the input fellow posters.

http://www.speedtest.net/

Offline BillyB

« Reply #927 on: April 27, 2020, 09:13:01 PM »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #928 on: April 28, 2020, 12:35:49 AM »
Most people don't test their speed, properly:

http://www.lifewire.com/rules-for-a-more-accurate-internet-speed-test-2617984

Most people only refer to their download results ?! 

The UPLOAD is vitally important, as are ping times  - esp if you have gaming kids in the house.

The Upload is how fast you can send stuff to the internet ( and confirm receipt, before another incoming piece of data is allowed to arrive) - so it affects your download speed

Ping times demonstrate latency .. how quickly info takes to go from / to  your computer , tablet or phone  to a server ... longer ping times are associated with wireless fed internet, the worst being satellite internet .. which can make for a VERY noticeable delay in responses - if being used for videochat. 

100Mbs ( down) would, initially, suggest a more than reasonable internet connection - if other criteria are good, too.

*I* prefer to use speedof.me as ( historically) Speedtest.net seems to be overly optimistic and took FAR to long to come across to HTML5 from flash ... 

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:38:31 AM by msmob »

Offline ML

« Reply #929 on: April 28, 2020, 07:24:36 AM »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #930 on: April 28, 2020, 07:33:18 AM »
I tried and got message:  No Results

That's weird. Try again. When I was on dsl I checked it regularly usually with no issue. There usually are a couple of location options in which to check it from. If it doesn't work on one try one of the other locations. I just got 189 but I'm at work with a dozen others on the same connection

Offline msmob

« Reply #931 on: April 28, 2020, 08:01:09 AM »
Are you running a virus checker, ML...?

Offline ML

« Reply #932 on: April 28, 2020, 08:04:05 AM »
Are you running a virus checker, ML...?

Certainly.

Online Brillynt

« Reply #933 on: April 28, 2020, 10:21:51 AM »
Actually, now I don't want to watch after reading reviews.

Many claim it is simply propaganda financed by fossil fuel industry to discourage the use of nuclear energy.

And, Krimster mentioned high suicide rate after viewing.

I thought it was very good. The only thing it did was make me angry at the stupid communist leaders trying to cover everything up and hiding everything from the people that were affected by it.

I don't understand why people would commit suicide after watching.  I would like to see the links to that, to even begin to believe it.

Online Brillynt

Offline msmob

« Reply #935 on: April 28, 2020, 12:38:06 PM »
Certainly.

Try running the test in safe mode with the virus checker off ...or... just try running speedof.me .... type this is your mobile or tablet's browser ....when connected to your wifi and run the test close to the router

I note Brillynt also posted about speedof.me

From my earlier post:

*I* prefer to use speedof.me as ( historically) Speedtest.net seems to be overly optimistic and took FAR to long to come across to HTML5 from flash ...

Offline ML

« Reply #936 on: April 28, 2020, 12:58:20 PM »
Fellow posters.  Thanks a lot for all the info and suggestions.
My Internet connection problem has already taken up too much time and space.
I actually accepted my situation long ago, so shouldn't have brought it up here.
I will not respond to further postings on this topic in this thread.
Thanks again, ML

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #937 on: April 28, 2020, 06:18:38 PM »
are there any civilized places in Arkansas with broadband and running water, indoor plumbing and such?
maybe try living there instead, and learn how to use a lawn mower instead of just letting your goats graze around the yard and "fertilize" it as well
or do what I do and hire Mexicans!!
it's easy being civilized and living like a white person even in Arkansas
it all depends on location
check it out...

HUD houses will be dirt cheap in a few more years, the last HUD house I bought was for $89,000 + closing and fixup....
buy one for yourself or rent them out...
all of mine purchased before 2009 have already paid off the purchase price
but next year they may end up being half last year's renting price
hopefully tax and insurance will fall as well

I just don't understand how you can live in the 21st century without broadband
unless you're some kinda religious ascetic wearing course weaved fabric living in a mud hut that you and your wife built yourself in the middle of the Arkansas wildnerness
and you raise pigs inside a stick fence in the back of the mudhouse
and your outhouse door actually has a crescent moon on it

you know...
wait a minute....
are you a REDNECK?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:25:34 PM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #938 on: April 28, 2020, 06:28:18 PM »
Interview of and film shown to 83 year old USA veteran of WWII who flew Spitfires in WWII.
He had to crash land the Spitfire wheels up and never knew that someone had filmed the event until shown the film some 63 years later.

He had tremendous recall of his missions over Germany during WWII.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ie3SrjLlcUY

Offline BillyB

« Reply #939 on: April 28, 2020, 09:31:30 PM »
Interview of and film shown to 83 year old USA veteran of WWII who flew Spitfires in WWII.
He had to crash land the Spitfire wheels up and never knew that someone had filmed the event until shown the film some 63 years later.

He had tremendous recall of his missions over Germany during WWII.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ie3SrjLlcUY

Nice historical film. I Googled the pilot's name and he lived in Tacoma WA, not too far from me. He died in 2016. It was interesting to learn he flew a Spitfire with US Army Air Force markings all the way to Berlin and back in WWII.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #940 on: April 28, 2020, 09:58:59 PM »
Wow, thanks, ML !

Lovely story

Had to check up on where RAF base Mount Farm was :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Mount_Farm

My first reaction was also , You can't have flown a Spitfire from England to Berlin and back ... No guns ? Wonderful guy

Offline ML

Offline ML

« Reply #942 on: May 03, 2020, 10:07:25 AM »
Wife got notice to report for jury duty 5 or so years ago.
She was not a US Citizen at that time, and when we notified them, they removed her name.
But, last week she got second notice.
She replied that although she had everyday English and excellent knowledge of math words, symbols, etc. . . .
she might have trouble with understanding words used in the trials and back and forth arguments from lawyers.
And that she needed to go to Ukraine to tend to her aged parents.
Head judge ignored all that and told her to report.
Then, continuing this silliness, told her if she didn't understand the proceedings, she was to immediately inform the presiding judge.
Which she is going to have to do for sure . . . so just a big waste of time for everyone.
And for sure the lawyers for one side, or both, are going to request her dismissal.
50 days of service starting next week.

Even more strange, she called twice in 5 years or so . . . I have never been called.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #943 on: May 03, 2020, 10:28:53 AM »
I have never been called.

It's random. I've been called a couple of times within a few years and then go 15+ years without being called.

It's their job to deny almost everybody who wants to get out of jury duty. They want you to show up to make sure they have enough people in the jury pool and will dismiss those who are asking to be dismiss. One guy got dismissed because he says for anybody to be tried in court to begin with, he believes they are presumed guilty. Last year I got called and asked to be excused because I already had a vacation set up to be in Mexico the time I'm supposed to show up. They denied me. I wasn't going to show up regardless but later did send me a letter I didn't have to come because they had enough people.

Offline ML

« Reply #944 on: May 04, 2020, 08:31:41 AM »
An article appeared in local newspaper that originally appeared in Chicago Tribune, April 16, 2020.
Author Christen A. Johnson (female).
She quotes some other 'experts' in her 14 suggestions.

I think there will be a lot of protests sent to local newspaper over this.

If You Don't Live Together:
Take advantage of technology. “Increase sexting, video sexting and mutual masturbation via video,” said Herzog.

If You Live Together:
The banks are still open. Actually walk in and speak with a teller (with your protective gear on, of course), and withdraw the approximate cash you’d spend on a regular date night — but get it in ones. Create a sexy set up at home, give your partner the stack of $1 bills to throw at you while you derobe. You now have an in-house strip club.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #945 on: May 04, 2020, 09:13:00 AM »
IMHO, the best approach is putting that energy into "working out"
get yourself in peak condition for the fight that lies ahead of you...
I run 3 times per day (even in the Texas heat) and once at night...
been doing it for over 2 months now, have more than doubled my running distance, greatly increasing my stamina
I'll be completely ready to face anything or anyone by end of summer

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #946 on: May 04, 2020, 02:43:42 PM »
If You Live Together:
The banks are still open. Actually walk in and speak with a teller (with your protective gear on, of course), and withdraw the approximate cash you’d spend on a regular date night — but get it in ones. Create a sexy set up at home, give your partner the stack of $1 bills to throw at you while you derobe. You now have an in-house strip club.

I take it the author's date nights are normally at strip clubs?

Offline ML

« Reply #947 on: May 04, 2020, 03:59:28 PM »
Finnish guy supposedly killed more than 500 Russians in 100 days.
In 1939, the Soviet troops are advancing towards the Finnish border. Tasked with a simple mission, a sole sniper is hell-bent on stopping the proceeding of the enemy.
Simo Häyhä, a prolific sniper in Finland, leads his people to victory over the impending Russians in the Winter War of 1939.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 04:11:29 PM by ML »

Offline msmob

« Reply #948 on: May 04, 2020, 10:33:51 PM »
Shame of the Winter War was that the Finns lost most of Karelia and decided Nazi Germany was an enemy of Stalin so a 'friend' ...  Post WW2 'reparations' meant handing over even more of Karelia to the USSR.

In all my travels, driving as snow started falling in Karelia and the borderlands with Finland filled me with the most awe.

I bought 12 litres of craft beer from Vyborg before crossing - for my hosts in Finland and had no idea that Vyborg had been their family's home town.

Some 'historical experts' suggest Finns have forgotten the loss of Karelia ..    :wallbash: 

Offline ML

« Reply #949 on: May 05, 2020, 08:50:42 AM »
This doesn't warrant its own thread . . . but I just was recently researching it, and there was some discussion recently on other threads about what a partner gets in divorce.

- - - - -

I have been watching re-runs of Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.  Wife isn't much interested but she watches some.  I was telling her about Johnny's 4 wives, etc. and decided to google them.

Couldn't find any info about money wife 2 got. She was apparently having an affair with Frank Gifford.
Wife 3 was variously reported to have gotten $20 million or $35,000 a month, or maybe both.
Wife 4 inherited all that was there, which was around $450 million and she gave $150 million to a foundation in his name.  He had been earning $40 million a year, but they spent lavishly, so only $450 million left.

Situation with wife 1 was most interesting.  She produced his only 3 children.
They divorced long before he started earning big money, but the divorce settlement specified she would get 15% of his earnings for life . . . until she remarried.
At the time, he was probably earning $50,000 a year or so, giving her $7,500.
If she would have stayed with this 15% . . . her yearly income would have been quite nice as time went on.
But, she wanted to get married, so they went to court and changed agreement so that she would get $13,500 a year whether she married or not.
She married a few days later.

Years later she, of course, was sick about what she had agreed to, and went back to court seeking millions a year.  She said his later wives spent more on one dress that she got all  year.

Judge turned her down.

Note:  I never understood Johnny's (and other wealthy men's) urge to get remarried.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1966
Total: 1977

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM