It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: USA not a popular destination among RW, why?  (Read 30687 times)

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: USA not a popular destination among RW, why?
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2016, 08:00:32 AM »
I suggested that the distance to the US is a contributing factor to why Russian girls
might favor Europe. I think that they look at far away places like Canada, Australia
and New Zealand in a similar way. Some places are more remote or more difficult
to travel to even if you live in Europe. I would think that those more remote places
and less traveled to places would be more receptive to US men however I have no
way to test that theory. I'm not going to contact women from those areas to see if
my theory is correct (it might get me keeeeled) so I suggested that Ed try it. 

Udachi!

Bill
Hi Beeel! I do try everywhere, even in the US :) ))
Interestingly Canada and the US are about the same distance from FSU yet I find that RW are a lot more receptive to Canadians versus USA men. So it's something about the USA that turns them off...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:49:53 PM by Eduard »
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2016, 08:38:55 AM »
Hi Beeel! I do try everywhere, even in the US :)))
Interestingsly Canada and the US are about the same distance from FSU yet I find that RW are a lot more receptive to Canadians versus USA men. So it's something about the USA that turns them off...

There is a sort of fake-cheeriness that too many Americans have, that might be off-putting.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2016, 08:41:42 AM »
So it's something about the USA that turns them off...

You need to promote the good things.

More sex in USA than in Canada . . . and it lasts an entire 4 seconds longer here.

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2014/4/15/Spreadsheets-10mostActive-v.3.jpg
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2016, 08:54:25 AM »
Interestingsly Canada and the US are about the same distance from FSU yet I find that RW are a lot more receptive to Canadians versus USA men. So it's something about the USA that turns them off...

So is it the US (perception, etc) or is it the American men that have signed up for your service? If so, anything you see in common among them?

Why don't you conduct a poll among the women? Great way to increase possible matches and do a little research.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2016, 09:49:44 AM »
Hi Beeel! I do try everywhere, even in the US :)))

It's Canada's exciting winter sports like curling that they love. How can our sun kissed
white sand beaches compete with that? Besides how can they wear their sorrel hats in
Florida? They would have to stand in a walk in freezer or their heads would melt.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2016, 01:19:11 PM »
More sex in USA than in Canada . . . and it lasts an entire 4 seconds longer here.

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2014/4/15/Spreadsheets-10mostActive-v.3.jpg

Warmer weather may help increase duration but are you kidding me? Men last less than 4 minutes performing sex? What's wrong with you guys? Lack of discipline and self control. BC, Sandro and their brothers last less than 3 minutes. And to think, I thought "Italian Stallion" meant something manly.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2016, 01:31:08 PM »

This girl in her late 20s LIVES in the USA for 7 years. She is an Ivy league university graduate and due to her profession she can live anywhere in the world.
The interesting part is that she only wants to marry and live in Russia. In fact she wrote that she would ONLY marry in Russia.

Кого я хочу найти:
Интеллигентного хулигана.
Живу в Америке около семи лет. Закончила один из университетов Ivy League. Образование и cфера деятельности позволяет жить в разных местах. Если влюблюсь, выйду замуж в России. В мужчине для меня важны ум, нравственность, энергия, приятная внешность, мужественность, надежность. Остальное принципиального значения не имеет )

Eduard, I may be wrong, but my interpretation of the girl' s description is different from yours.  She states that  men' place of residence and nationality do not matter to her. If the man she falls in love turns to be Russian, fine , she would marry in Russia. If the man are from US or Canada, that is also fine  because she has a degree and a job that would allow her to work in many place of the world. She definitely does not say she wants to live in Russia.

" I am looking for an intelligent hooligan/ troublemaker. I live in America about seven years. I graduated from one of the Ivy League universities. My education  and my field of work allow me to live in different  places of the world . If I fall in love, I would get married in Russia. In men I value intelligence / brain power, morality, energy, good look, manhood, and reliability. Everything else does not matter"
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2016, 01:51:31 PM »
You need to promote the good things.

Yes! I think this is exactly the answer I was looking for! Problem solved!  :ROFL:
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Eduard

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2016, 01:55:07 PM »

Why don't you conduct a poll among the women?
yep, exactly why I started this thread! But all the girls that responded (but one) come with extra equipment! LOL  :ROFL:
realrussianmatch.com

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2016, 01:57:05 PM »
I have three related explanations why some RW prefer to look for their life partners in Europe rather than US. Those are familiarity, ease,  and cost of obtaining visa to Europe. I know many people who traveled to EU and very few who traveled to US.  They would love to travel to US, but it would be  much more difficult to get US visa, much more costly.  Since very few people traveled to US, the country seems less familiar. For example, I know one girl who would love to meet an Italian man. She is not interested in men from other countries because she travels to Italy for work, knows the country well (familiarity), getting visa is easy and affordable.

Based on my experience, I would say that USA is  as desirable as other developed countries for most RW.
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2016, 02:00:40 PM »

Eduard, I may be wrong, but my interpretation of the girl' s description is different from yours.  She states that  men' place of residence and nationality do not matter to her. If the man she falls in love turns to be Russian, fine , she would marry in Russia. If the man are from US or Canada, that is also fine  because she has a degree and a job that would allow her to work in many place of the world. She definitely does not say she wants to live in Russia.

" I am looking for an intelligent hooligan/ troublemaker. I live in America about seven years. I graduated from one of the Ivy League universities. My education  and my field of work allow me to live in different  places of the world . If I fall in love, I would get married in Russia. In men I value intelligence / brain power, morality, energy, good look, manhood, and reliability. Everything else does not matter"
I found that it is always nice to get a woman's perspective as men and women perceive things differently often.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline Eduard

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2016, 02:03:09 PM »
I have three related explanations why some RW prefer to look for their life partners in Europe rather than US. Those are familiarity, ease,  and cost of obtaining visa to Europe. I know many people who traveled to EU and very few who traveled to US.  They would love to travel to US, but it would be  much more difficult to get US visa, much more costly.  Since very few people traveled to US, the country seems less familiar. For example, I know one girl who would love to meet an Italian man. She is not interested in men from other countries because she travels to Italy for work, knows the country well (familiarity), getting visa is easy and affordable.

Based on my experience, I would say that USA is  as desirable as other developed countries for most RW.
Thank you for your input VWRW!
realrussianmatch.com

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
USA not a popular destination among RW, why?
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2016, 02:10:49 PM »
yep, exactly why I started this thread! But all the girls that responded (but one) come with extra equipment! LOL  :ROFL:

I think he meant that you poll the women that you write to (for others).
There aren't enough girls here to poll. I imagine the reason you don't poll
the women that you write to is that you have other goals.

Udachi!

Bill

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Eduard

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2016, 02:26:44 PM »
I think he meant that you poll the women that you write to (for others).
There aren't enough girls here to poll. I imagine the reason you don't poll
the women that you write to is that you have other goals.

Udachi!

Bill
no, polling women in the course of helping a client wouldn't be appropriate.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline alex330

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2016, 03:46:06 PM »
no, polling women in the course of helping a client wouldn't be appropriate.

And why not? Everyone uses polls to further niche down or segment a group. By doing so you are able to offer more value to both sides as well as your business. You can offer ore refined or targeted service this way.

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2016, 01:07:28 PM »
I think the reason for that would be in personal preferences. As for me, for example, I always wanted to live in the West, and I am happy that I am here. Despite my love for European culture, I realize that Europe is less accepting of professional migrants like I am, therefore I immigrated just where I was able to go.

And no, I don't want to marry a Russian guy. Just my preference.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2016, 06:29:58 PM »
Despite my love for European culture, I realize that Europe is less accepting of professional migrants like I am, therefore I immigrated just where I was able to go.

Canada was smart to take you!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Larry1

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2016, 06:36:03 PM »
I think the reason for that would be in personal preferences. As for me, for example, I always wanted to live in the West, and I am happy that I am here. Despite my love for European culture, I realize that Europe is less accepting of professional migrants like I am, therefore I immigrated just where I was able to go.

And no, I don't want to marry a Russian guy. Just my preference.

Canada was smart to take you!

True.  And just to let you know, there have been some confidential discussions of our trading Justin Beiber for you.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2016, 04:14:56 PM »
True.  And just to let you know, there have been some confidential discussions of our trading Justin Beiber for you.

Whoever ends up with Lily (be it a person or a country) has by far the best of that particular bargain!

Offline Larry1

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2016, 04:22:01 PM »
Whoever ends up with Lily (be it a person or a country) has by far the best of that particular bargain!

I agree. But the Bieb is a Canadian national treasure.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2016, 04:51:43 PM »
I agree. But the Bieb is a Canadian national treasure dropkick.

That looks better!  8)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2016, 11:30:28 AM »
Canada is for people who can't get in the US, like me!

Why else go to such  a cold country.

Seriously though I could see reasons why FSU women would go for a European or UK guy, its far more convenient to travel back home, cheaper on the guy too, with UK you also have the NHS/benefit system (one Chinese FSU girl even told me this direct her reason for wanting to date a British guy, lol, I dropped her after hearing that).

End of the day though its where the chemistry is at I think, but if the girl or guy make preferences I guess that's where you have to work from. Unless of course you can bring the two together with chemistry from/wanting where ever then all previous stated preferences will likely fly out the window. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline alex330

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2016, 11:48:19 AM »
if the girl or guy make preferences I guess that's where you have to work from.

I would personally be very leery of a partner that was more interested in a specific location versus the person. I would take a walk if I heard that. But everyone is different.

Offline jone

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »

I would personally be very leery of a partner that was more interested in a specific location versus the person. I would take a walk if I heard that. But everyone is different.

Well, then there is the converse.  Some women might say that no matter what a great match they are with an individual, they would not wish to live where their future spouse lives.  For instance, someone might say, I really think you're great, but I would never want to live in England.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gator

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2016, 12:52:40 PM »

Such a decision should be determined early in the dating process.  I liked one UW, yet she expressed concern about sun and heat.  My suggestion of wearing a hat and using sunscreen did not ease her anxiety. :D

OTOH, my wife was reluctant to leave Russia for a man she did not feel true love.  "Much like" was not enough.   :D  She now kicks herself in the popka for not coming sooner.  I remind her that her adjustment as well as our adjustment to each other was difficult, and without love we may not have had the commitment to make it work.   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2250
Total: 2260

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM