It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Topics of Communication Before Commitment...  (Read 20598 times)

Offline OlgaH

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Topics of Communication Before Commitment...
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2009, 12:06:47 PM »
The danger of eating too much liver is in its high content of cholesterol and vitamin A (retinol). 

Therefore everything should be within reasonable limits  ;)

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2009, 02:49:04 PM »
I think that amateurs should refrain from discussing physiological subjects :(. I'm no doctor, but have a vague recollection that the foodstuff we eat is subject to a number of chemical 'break-down treatments' (such as by ptyalin in the mouth and hydrochloric acid in the stomach) before it ever reaches the liver from the intestine via the hepatic portal vein - the whole process being called digestion .

Therefore, I'd think that whatever is in what we ingest is unlikely to reach the liver in EXACTLY the same molecular form it had originally. Please do not speculate on what you know little or nothing about.

Toxins are eliminated with the bile, that's the primary function of a healthy liver.
One among many:
The liver plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 03:19:21 PM by SANDRO43 »
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Diplomacy

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2009, 05:02:45 PM »
What are we going to talk about then Sandro? :-\

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2009, 05:46:15 PM »
- How do you resolve a conflict, argument, misunderstanding...?
- What is communication for you?
- What's the most important for you in a relationship and why?
- Faith, church, raising kids in this environment
- What responsibilities should husband/wife have?
- Traveling - how often, where, visiting relatives...
- Celebrating holidays
- Finances - what is expected from both, who will do paper work...
- Healthy eating habits
and so on

Those were all topics I put on 24 pages of paper with "A".  It was a good thing because there were a number of those topics we had never discussed before.  I was surprised that we agreed on most things.  She also asked me to explain finances to her and so I made a flow chart showing how much I spend every month and also explained how commission sales work because some months I get diddly and other months I get heaps.. though that may all change now.. but it is still relevant. 

I actually have a question for the ladies about holidays..

In Mexico there is an awesome holiday on Nov. 1, All Saints Day, or also known as Day of the Dead.  "A" had a big reaction to this name and did not even want to hear about a holiday that celebrates the dead.  At the time I thought it was because of the situation with her Father.. any thoughts?

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2009, 05:46:44 PM »
What are we going to talk about then Sandro? :-\

Perhaps communication?
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Diplomacy

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »
Celebration may be the issue.  I do not know though.  Maybe she feels the dead should be revered and respected?

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »
Another topic that I forgot to list: sex. What are her expectations, your expectations....

I found this topic to be difficult.

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2009, 06:09:19 PM »
 Luckily I was conservative to begin with.

thats really funny BF!!!  ;)

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2009, 06:14:10 PM »
Mishenka, I think I shared my independent immigration plans on the fora even earlier :)

More than that, I just came back from the post office where I made my first step towards it ;)

As for the Polish woman who suggested a tourist visa, well, this is just a tourist visa, eh? For a little time as vacation and then back home? Not the good way to immigrate. Or did she imply eventual overstay of a tourist admission into the country? This is a violation, folks.

Lily, I met a woman here in SF about a year ago from Novosibirsk.  She came on a tourist visa and literally the day after she arrived went to immigration to change her status to a student.  She was granted the change and had to attend english classes at teh city college full time.  I know she planned and hoped to gain permanent status though I did not offer to marry her so she stopped returning my calls.. ;)  Anyway, my point is you can work the system to your advantage.  Once you are here there are ways to open doors that are not in violation of anything.  If you really want to come, just come!

Offline Sculpto

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2009, 06:29:59 PM »
Celebration may be the issue.  I do not know though.  Maybe she feels the dead should be revered and respected?

Exacxtly the words she said.  I tried to explain that by going to the cemetary on this day, decorating the grave, bringing the dead persons fav foods and lighting candles was a beautiful way to show reverence and respect but she didn't want to hear about it.  I will probably have to be clandestine and just bring her to Mex to see because it is a really amazing and unique holiday.

http://gomexico.about.com/od/festivalsholidays/ig/Day-of-the-Dead/Folk-Art-Skeletons.htm

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2009, 12:40:25 AM »
My dears,

I see that this thread progressed into an obvious off-topic. Therefore it is locked.
Nevertheless, I feel that Celebrating the Dead might be interesting for some members as it contains some meaningful and related information. So I split the thread.

If any other opinions, please PM me.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM