It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Asking this for a friend - How do they square this one?  (Read 13741 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Asking this for a friend - How do they square this one?
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2019, 04:56:52 PM »
Trench, your mate is stuck in the Uk because he has kids and shared custody I guess, but you as a single guy who has no commitments are silly for staying where you are.....Read this article.

http://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20160812-three-careers-you-thought-paid-megabucks-but-dont

There are lots of jobs here for you on great money..... Assistants earn almost twice what a UK architect earns.

It could have interest for me given depending on my circumstances at a given time. I've watched programs on TV about emigration from the UK to Australia. I get the impression in general there is far more scope to get to better money easier mainly from what I see as people aren't treading on each others toes. Here in the UK a lot of stuff you do there would be a queue of other people with the same idea. Hence the opportunity to even get the job let alone pay would be less. I get the impression in Australia people are more spread out with not a big population growth hence more opportunities being more freely available.

That said I'm not overly convinced that the figures would work out after all the essentials & tax are paid to what it first looks. It may still be higher than the UK but after all is taken into account it might not be as much as first thought.

Main thing is that at the moment I'm not at a free and easy period that emigration if only for a year or two would suit. Might be an idea for the future though possibly.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2019, 05:13:24 PM »
It could have interest for me given depending on my circumstances at a given time. I've watched programs on TV about emigration from the UK to Australia. I get the impression in general there is far more scope to get to better money easier mainly from what I see as people aren't treading on each others toes. Here in the UK a lot of stuff you do there would be a queue of other people with the same idea. Hence the opportunity to even get the job let alone pay would be less. I get the impression in Australia people are more spread out with not a big population growth hence more opportunities being more freely available.

That said I'm not overly convinced that the figures would work out after all the essentials & tax are paid to what it first looks. It may still be higher than the UK but after all is taken into account it might not be as much as first thought.

Main thing is that at the moment I'm not at a free and easy period that emigration if only for a year or two would suit. Might be an idea for the future though possibly.

I’m working along side a guy from the UK in my department. He’s in his late 50’s and he moved over here 4 years ago. The main reason was the climate, but secondarily he was a long way out in front financially as an engineer, even taking into account the higher living costs in Australia. We also have a guy from Argentina who has worked in the UK and he moved here last year and claims he’s more financially secure.

On jobs.... I’ve never been out of a job for less than a day. In 2012 the engineering company I worked for went into receivership. The next day I found another company advertising in the newspaper. I had an interview at 8am and was working at 9am. They become slow and as I was last on I was first off. An hour later I had another interview and started the next morning. If you have the skills in certain fields you can pretty much pick and choose where you work here.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2019, 05:17:51 PM »
TC - life is not transactional and deterministic, particularly when dealing with intercultural relationships. Women are different and seek different attributes in a partner. But I'll try to make it easy for you.

There are (at least) five primary factors that will determine possibility of "success" in international dating. They will vary at different times in your life:

A) Money
B) Language skills
C) Time
D) Physical characteristics
E) Personality

Money
-1: you receive any government welfare
0: need to budget, cannot afford two additional dependents, on a "low" income, etc.
1: can support two additional dependents and travel regularly without increasing income
2: money is not a concern

Language skills
-1: No language skills and clueless about the culture
0: Little or no (Russian) language skills
1: Passable conversational ability, can read a bit
2: Advanced conversational ability

Time
-1: Unlikely to visit the FSU in the next six months
0: Hard to take time off work, only two weeks annual holiday, etc.
1: Can travel up to four weeks a year and at least 2 visits
2: Can travel more than four weeks a year and make at 4+ visits

Physical characteristics
-1: 15+ years older than a woman, fat, ugly, etc.
0: 10+ years older, in poor shape, average looks, etc.
1: Within 5-10 years of a woman, in good shape, etc.
2: Less than 5 years older than a woman, good looking, good physique, etc.

Personality
-1: No confidence, boring, lacking social skills, etc.
0: Low confidence and a relatively boring person
1: Confident in dating, intelligent, an interesting interlocur
2: Can engage with people without speaking the same language, confident, charismatic, etc.

Self assess with a critical lens, rank yourself against each and add up your score:

< 0 (Cold): forget it, you don't have a chance.
0-4 (Cool): don't pursue an FSUW unless you dramatically improve yourself.
5-7 (Warm): there's potential but weaknesses may hold you back.
8-10 (Hot): if you're smart and persistent you'll probably find a good woman.

(Note: Whether you have children or not is probably the other factor I'd call out, but it really depends on your age and attitudes of a potential partner, and the age of children, so harder to rank. Generally speaking, -1 if you have kids, +1 if you don't.)

I reckon within about a year I could be around a 5 on your scale. There's still a bit more work to do. I don't think I'll ever be the most exciting and stimulating guy around but I can do stuff to make my life a bit more interesting. That should become easier after I get more financially Independent, I can put more time over to leisure, etc. I think the main reason most adults social circle dwindles as they get older is that work starts to take over, both for them and them people they know.

I know that it can depend on finding the right fit rather than holding particularly stuff, but that of course you can be better placed and make the process easier.

I don't know what ideas FSW have of the WM they will meet and the lifestyle. I've heard some stuff from some of them. Some expect to be a kept women, others want to work, some have visions of a mansion perhaps, others something more common maybe.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2019, 05:27:35 PM »
I’m working along side a guy from the UK in my department. He’s in his late 50’s and he moved over here 4 years ago. The main reason was the climate, but secondarily he was a long way out in front financially as an engineer, even taking into account the higher living costs in Australia. We also have a guy from Argentina who has worked in the UK and he moved here last year and claims he’s more financially secure.

On jobs.... I’ve never been out of a job for less than a day. In 2012 the engineering company I worked for went into receivership. The next day I found another company advertising in the newspaper. I had an interview at 8am and was working at 9am. They become slow and as I was last on I was first off. An hour later I had another interview and started the next morning. If you have the skills in certain fields you can pretty much pick and choose where you work here.

That's crazy Davo, it hasn't been that way in this country since the 50s, 60s & 70s when that generation could leave a job and like you be in another one the same day. Here in the UK I stick with the Employer I have been with a long time since I know they are good for the work. If I left or looked for other jobs it could easily be week or months before getting something else - or worst case scenario, years! :( That is what I had back in my twenties so would prefer to avoid that at my age now, lol. Once good Independant income is achieved this job is gone though :) To be honest though my work record is not as bad as some so things could have been even worse I guess.

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2019, 05:36:34 PM »
The average wage for an architect here is €46k and you get all the perks of free medical . . .

Wow . . . so the physicians, nurses, dentists are paid zero ??

They have to have gardens, etc., to survive.??
What about their housing expenses ??
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2019, 05:48:30 PM »
What are the women like in Australia Davo? I've seen stuff with Australian women on TV and they always seemed to have an interesting accent and slightly forward way about them.

Offline Davo

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2019, 06:04:19 PM »
Wow . . . so the physicians, nurses, dentists are paid zero ??

They have to have gardens, etc., to survive.??
What about their housing expenses ??

No they all earn good money. My sister is an registered nurse working in the emergency department of a regional city she earns approximately $120k a year. My father has a close mate who’s a Dr in their small town. I remember my dad telling me he earns $250k, but I might be wrong. My Ex is a primary school teacher and her wage was close to $100k.

Our taxes pay for these services....This is just my thoughts, we spend a fraction of what you guys do in the US on things like defence and other things that are not absolutely essential to the everyday person on the street, so there’s money to spend on other things like our Medicare system.

Offline ML

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2019, 06:06:52 PM »

Our taxes pay for these services....

You said it was free !!!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Davo

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2019, 06:28:03 PM »
You said it was free !!!

I see you point..... No it’s not free, unless you don’t pay tax.

We have the option to have private health insurance also. I used to have it, but decided to cancel it when I got divorced. My ex has our children on her cover. This was a mistake on my behalf as I need some cartilage in my knee cleaned up and now i’m on a public waiting list. I had an MRI done on it recently and services like that we still pay a percentage of the cost, under the Medicare system..... Xrays there is no out of pocket costs (apart from the tax we pay)

Edit... Because I’m a single father of 4 with custody, I received a family tax rebate of approximately 10-15k a year, for my engineering job wage, subsidised school fees etc... and then a big tax return because I travel between two jobs and take tools between them and other deductions, so I wasn’t essentially paying any tax. I have a good (creative) accountant for my business and paid very little tax last year for that. This financial year will be be a different kettle of fish as it’s now looking like my total income will be 150k+ so I’ll lose all my family tax benefits.

I’ve taken full advantage the system as someone who has worked all of my life but I think there’s problems with our system. It’s too easy to sit on your arse here and get around the checks in place. I went on a date with a single mother of 4 and she basically hadn’t worked for 10 years (although she could quite easily) and was a lot better off than me at the end of the day, with all the government handouts.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 07:07:32 PM by Davo »

Offline ML

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2019, 06:40:25 PM »
Xrays there is no out of pocket costs (apart from the tax we pay)

Davo, see how hard it is for even you to avoid (at first ) thinking that something is free ??

It is a type of brainwashing that has worked very well around most of the globe.

Has lead to less and less reliance on self, and more and more wanting big brother to take care of us . . . while hoping that someone else will be taxed for it . . . although many have no idea or no care about where the money comes from.

I am continually shocked at the number of educated people who come into my university town from other countries and tell me that medical care was free in their home country.

Offline Davo

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2019, 06:46:47 PM »
Davo, see how hard it is for even you to avoid (at first ) thinking that something is free ??

It is a type of brainwashing that has worked very well around most of the globe.

Has lead to less and less reliance on self, and more and more wanting big brother to take care of us . . . while hoping that someone else will be taxed for it . . . although many have no idea or no care about where the money comes from.

I am continually shocked at the number of educated people who come into my university town from other countries and tell me that medical care was free in their home country.

I get that, I just edited my post above. In previous years because of my situation, it has almost been free for me, but this year will be different.

Offline Davo

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2019, 07:38:10 PM »
ML, I have a question for you. If America said f*ck it !!.... the world can sort out it’s own problems and cut the spending in defence, intelligence etc... and all the financial support you give to other countries, so you can comfortably provided a Medicare system like other countries, would it improve your citizens financial situation and health and be a good thing for your country?

Offline ML

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2019, 07:58:03 PM »
Good question Davo.

Very, very deep.

I do not have a ready response.

Perhaps I will never be able to answer this question; even to myself.

Offline Davo

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2019, 08:12:55 PM »
Good question Davo.

Very, very deep.

I do not have a ready response.

Perhaps I will never be able to answer this question; even to myself.

I asked because I read the average cost to Americans for health care is approximately $9000 a year and we pay approximately $3000 a year more than you a year in tax, according to this old article, so there must be family’s on middle or lower incomes struggling to pay medical costs, or go without. 

I’ve never looked into it before today, so my figures could be wrong.

“According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), which analyzes the tax burdens of 35 countries, Australians paid on average $17,146 USD per capita in 2014 in "total tax revenue," while Americans paid $14,115 USD per capita. So, on average Australians pay about $3,000 more than Americans a year”

Offline BillyB

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2019, 08:33:34 PM »

Most Americans have some sort of medical insurance at any given time even if they didn't buy medical insurance. In a car accident, they will be covered. If you fall down the stairs in someone else's house, chances are you are covered by the homeowners insurance. If you get injured at work, you're covered by Labor and Industries insurance. If you're not working and are poor, those people are on Obamacare insurance. Vets get free medical insurance.

Doctors and other medical professionals make very good money doing what they do. They aren't going to sacrifice their pay to bring down costs. Fortunately my wife will be graduating in less than two years and her starting pay could be 80K a year where I live. She eventually wants to be a nurse practitioner and will make over a 100k starting pay easy if she achieves that goal. Some people think FSU women cost money. I see them as an investment.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Davo

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2019, 09:13:45 PM »
Most Americans have some sort of medical insurance at any given time even if they didn't buy medical insurance. In a car accident, they will be covered. If you fall down the stairs in someone else's house, chances are you are covered by the homeowners insurance. If you get injured at work, you're covered by Labor and Industries insurance. If you're not working and are poor, those people are on Obamacare insurance. Vets get free medical insurance.

Doctors and other medical professionals make very good money doing what they do. They aren't going to sacrifice their pay to bring down costs. Fortunately my wife will be graduating in less than two years and her starting pay could be 80K a year where I live. She eventually wants to be a nurse practitioner and will make over a 100k starting pay easy if she achieves that goal. Some people think FSU women cost money. I see them as an investment.

We are covered like you for car accidents and at work separate from private cover .... So what do Americans pay for private cover for a family?..... If I remember correctly we were paying approximately $2000 aud for a family of 6 and when I looked into for myself only it was approximately $600 a year as a single person.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2019, 04:12:46 AM »

No they all earn good money. My sister is an registered nurse working in the emergency department of a regional city she earns approximately $120k a year. My father has a close mate who’s a Dr in their small town. I remember my dad telling me he earns $250k, but I might be wrong. My Ex is a primary school teacher and her wage was close to $100k.

Our taxes pay for these services....This is just my thoughts, we spend a fraction of what you guys do in the US on things like defence and other things that are not absolutely essential to the everyday person on the street, so there’s money to spend on other things like our Medicare system.

FRANCE : replacing but the adequate  sum. 

No they all earn good money. My sister is an registered nurse working in the emergency department of a regional city she earns approximately €50k a year. My father has a close mate who’s a Dr in their small town. I remember my dad telling me he earns €82k, but I might be wrong. My Ex is a primary school teacher and her wage was close to €30k.

"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2019, 09:12:27 AM »
Well, it's been said...success is under construction.

Had any of you been one of the 198 employees of this company, you'd likely agree with that term, too.

That's AWESOME!!! Good for him, and great for his team! He divvied up $10 million amongst his 198 employees according to the years of employment, held their xmas party at a plush hotel, and handed the checks in an enclosed red holiday card. And - apparently, this bonus is in addition to their traditional annual year-end holiday bonuses.

Damn cool, I say!

Methinks Mr. St. John is a Trump supporter.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 09:14:24 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Asking this for a friend - How do they square this one?
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2019, 09:20:41 AM »
ML, I have a question for you. If America said f*ck it !!.... the world can sort out it’s own problems and cut the spending in defence, intelligence etc... and all the financial support you give to other countries, so you can comfortably provided a Medicare system like other countries, would it improve your citizens financial situation and health and be a good thing for your country?

I agree with ML, that is an excellent question.

I would think we could but ONLY if we had some sort of restriction on immigration.
If you are a doctor, engineer or even a plumber welcome aboard. If you can't speak
English and have a third grade education, or have aids then sorry the shops closed.

The other matter is tort reform.

If we did all the stuff you said above and made some smart reforms on immigration
and tort reform then yes, in my opinion we could do it and I would be ALL for it. I
would vote for the guy (or gal) who ran on doing exactly that.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2019, 09:53:55 AM »
Davo-

I am always mystified by these talking points. There is no healthcare problem in the US. Contrary to what foreigners may have 'read', our healthcare was, and is, doing fine. It was better even BEFORE Obamacare.

The US population had always enjoyed not having the government make decisions for them. The larger portion of our society get their medical coverage from their employment. The smaller one, those mostly who work for themselves, buys coverages for themselves as part of the cost of doing business. There are those who choose not to 'buy' it, or of bare minimum of coverages. Those, more times than not, are whom is reported to face dire financial challenges.

I asked because I read the average *cost to Americans for health care* is approximately $9000 a year and we pay approximately $3000 a year more than you a year in tax, according to this old article, so there must be family’s on middle or lower incomes struggling to pay medical costs, or go without. 

I think you meant to say *cost of health insurance* not cost of health care. On average, Obamacare costs roughly about $400.00/person per month. Roughly less than $5,000.00/year. This also depends on the program you choose. This is extracted from their pay before tax are levied as the taxable sum. The rest of the cost of this coverage is picked up by the employer. This 'coverage' includes dental, vision, and life insurances. The alternative to Obamacare, and most companies also provide, is what they call PPOs. It's slightly pricier but  better in so many ways, IMO.

Before Obamacare, you can 'see' a/your physician literally the same day. Most of the times, an appointment can be made within days, but never more than a week. Since Obamacare kicked in, your appointment can take up to weeks/months now. That's one BIG STUPID law levied upon the millions just to suck up the 700 billion in 3 years. Before Obamacare, an employee didn't even have to pay anything for medical coverages. Companies had competitive medical coverages as part of employment benefits to lure/keep topnotch employee/s.

There are just as many uninsured people before this stupid law was forced upon us, than there are today. The only real difference is, $700 billion of taxpayers money disappeared into thin air.

Treatment for pre-existing conditions is what many people faced before that cost a lot of families financial drain. But this was politically used front and center to sell Obamacare and it shouldn't have been.  Pre-existing condition could've been legislated and passed without having to screw up our health care system.

Davo, if our country could provide *free* health care to millions of illegal aliens, and they have, it certainly can provide for millions of it's citizens.

Again, the US do not have any healthcare problems. If that had been the case giant insurance companies like AETNA/BlueCross/Blue Shield wouldn't exist today and thriving.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 10:07:40 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2019, 01:09:50 PM »
So what do Americans pay for private cover for a family?..... If I remember correctly we were paying approximately $2000 aud for a family of 6 and when I looked into for myself only it was approximately $600 a year as a single person.

I get free health care since I was a veteran but I pay just over $300 for my wife per month for her health care. If a person doesn't have health care they can still visit the clinic if they're sick and pay around $200 for the visit.

I agree with GQ there is no healthcare problem. Anybody, including illegals can walk into the emergency room and won't be denied medical treatment. The reason our life expectancy is a little lower than Europe's is because we are too fat. Our poor on average is fatter than any nation's rich or middle class.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2019, 02:43:50 PM »
The reason our life expectancy is a little lower than Europe's is because we are too fat.

Also due to USA data showing only the aggregate result.

If broken down into ethnic groups, many of our groups would show better results than the same ethnic groups in other countries.

Same goes for results on standardized academic achievement exams, IQ statistics, etc.

But such cannot be revealed for PC reasons.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2019, 04:41:57 PM »
Sorry guys for the red post, don't understand why it happened.
Didn't want to make you blind lol
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2019, 06:31:20 PM »
If broken down into ethnic groups, many of our groups would show better results than the same ethnic groups in other countries.

That is true. Japan is usually #1 in life expectancy but Japanese live around 4 years longer in America than their counterparts in Japan. In the land of the free one can have less stress and live healthier here or eat as much crap as they want.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2019, 04:38:01 AM »
I reckon within about a year I could be around a 5 on your scale. There's still a bit more work to do. I don't think I'll ever be the most exciting and stimulating guy around but I can do stuff to make my life a bit more interesting. That should become easier after I get more financially Independent, I can put more time over to leisure, etc. I think the main reason most adults social circle dwindles as they get older is that work starts to take over, both for them and them people they know.

I know that it can depend on finding the right fit rather than holding particularly stuff, but that of course you can be better placed and make the process easier.

I don't know what ideas FSW have of the WM they will meet and the lifestyle. I've heard some stuff from some of them. Some expect to be a kept women, others want to work, some have visions of a mansion perhaps, others something more common maybe.
Trench may you explain how you count those 5 points?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1971
Total: 1981

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM