It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukraine insurance requirements for travelers.  (Read 6508 times)

Offline Sailor291

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Ukraine insurance requirements for travelers.
« on: July 02, 2020, 07:27:54 AM »
I know there are former and or retired U.S. military people on this board so this is addressed at them, please.  I am retired military and have Tricare as my medical coverage.  Does anybody know if Tricare will suffice for the Ukrainian Covid-19 insurance issue right now as far as entering Ukraine?  If so, what do I need to show as proof, will just my retired ID card work at the border?  Wife and I need to travel to Ukraine as soon as their are flights and we need to know what we need.  From what we read and my wife watch's Ukrainian news online, it looks like they are just pushing for all travelers to buy insurance from some Ukrainian firm, since it sounds like all insurance companies must be registered and or licenses in Ukraine, not sure if Tricare is recognized, but I do know Tricare has some type of relationship with some clinics, doctors, etc in Ukraine.  Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Ukraine insurance requirements for travelers.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 08:04:17 AM »
hello fellow VET, I have tricare as well and it's useless in Russia and Ukraine
for Ukraine, last time I was there you could buy this flaky insurance policy at the airport
it's just as worthless as Tricare as far as getting medical help is concerned - EXCEPT it will satisfy the OVIR officer!!!
google this and you'll get the latest info, but I would expect Ukraine to completely shut its borders later this year

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 08:49:13 AM »

As a Veteran living or traveling abroad, you can receive medical care for VA service-connected disabilities through our VA Foreign Medical Program. Under this program, we assume payment responsibility for the necessary treatment of service-connected disabilities. You can visit our
Foreign Medical Program page for more information. There are regional toll-free phone numbers on this page that you can call for additional assistance.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/persona/veteran-abroad.asp

Sounds like you would have to enroll and it'll only cover service related conditions. May not meet the requirements of Ukraine for travel insurance.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Sailor291

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 01:52:49 PM »
Fortunately or unfortunately, however you want to look at it, I dont have any service connected disabilities.  VA is out for me, I am on Tricare. 

Offline BillyB

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 07:03:17 PM »
You may get medical care depending on your Tricare medical plan. I don't know if it counts as travel insurance that Ukraine requires but you can call one of their providers in Kiev.
http://tricare.mil/CoveredServices/BenefitUpdates/Archives/7_11_19_Traveling_Overseas_Know_How_to_Get_Care_With_TRICARE
Kiev, Novoiavorivsk
http://tricare.mil/Plans/HealthPlans/TPRO/EA

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline PatagonieMentoring

• Mentoring and Phone coaching
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 12:55:44 PM »
There is a useful link for travelers :

http://visitukraine.today/
Read the contract !
Phone coaching from Patagonie. Read "operation white panther".

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM