It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Got a story for you.  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Got a story for you.
« on: September 21, 2018, 06:14:25 AM »

I've have a friend named John I've known for 15 years. We've had diner together a number of times. I got to meet his wife a few years ago, a real doll. He is a real nice guy and she is sweet as they come. Both seem to love each other very much. They've been married several years. No green card issues to worry about. Long past that nonsense.

So he tells me last night he is in a bit trouble at his work (He works for the county). Apparently there was a get together for the employees and their wives and husbands. About 60 people in all showed up. He brings his wife 'R'. Except for the union steward no one had ever met her before.

They look at me twice as they are not used to seeing me, and at that location as well, and who is the pretty girl? The senior managers are looking her up, the recently divorced blonde engineer was all frazzled, even managed to take some photos of us on the sneak for some evil purpose and showed them to my workgroup on my day off, asking questions, digging for gossip, etc.

"One of the newer service workers is Filipino, a nice hard working guy but bad English, people think Jose' is Mexican and he apologies for his bad English but knows his job and pulls his weight so there isn't much to talk [to him] about anyways. So Jose and R got the Filipino bind and language going on, the 58 other white folks are looking at us like "what the hell?""

"After that, a new division of coldness came at the office, saying HI whenever I pass someone in the hallway has always been my thing to be friendly and polite and usually returned with a Hi or Hello, but not much anymore, and apart from the secretary, none of the women will say hi back, not that they have to, but then they got in their huddles and talked about "that guy" which I heard when passing by the engineering office. Stuck up jealous American women. So now I am really misunderstood, is he a sex trafficker? Dirty old man with a younger Asian?"

He gets an early retirement next year. Government workers have that advantage. I told him to be really careful till then. I also told him to consult with an attorney ASAP. 

She just turned 30 years old. She is 4 feet 6 inches tall (137 cm). One of the most petite women I've ever known. Again, really sweet.

Maybe I should give up on my '45 years old on up' age requirement?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:23:04 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Got a story for you.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 07:23:51 AM »
Johnny should be fine...she has declared her ever- lasting love for him.....

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 07:35:52 AM »
Johnny should be fine...she has declared her ever- lasting love for him.....

And in more places than what you noticed. The tattoo on her shoulder is a symbol of his last name.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 07:52:52 AM »
I met a Ukrainian woman who lived in Canada for a year. She said the Canadian women were outright hostile towards her and jealous because of her femininity. Good looking too.

It's the kind of thing as a guy you're simply not aware of unless you see it first hand or told by someone who experienced it.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 08:05:09 AM »
I met a Ukrainian woman who lived in Canada for a year. She said the Canadian women were outright hostile towards her and jealous because of her femininity. Good looking too.

It's the kind of thing as a guy you're simply not aware of unless you see it first hand or told by someone who experienced it.

This story sort of fits in with the Kavanaugh story with the feminist hysteria going on right now. My story is from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" (Minnesota). I told him;

"John, we are in perilous times right now. The rabid hatred of Donald Trump and his foreign born wife many years younger than him makes YOU a target. Jealous liberal women and stupid liberal men must be a very high percentage of the employees at a government workplace, especially in liberal Minnesota."

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:14:34 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline msmob

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 08:26:12 AM »
:))

Aren't the libtards' the one's who are supposed 'to be soft on immigration' and forgiving and welcoming ? ...  Seems they can't win in your eyes, Maxx  :D

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 08:52:15 AM »
IMHO, my experience with this in general is the opposite. For one, I am fortunate to have had a healthy amount of female friends that welcomed and befriended my wife when she first came. Even her AW peers today had never given her any feelings of negativity. She's treated like any other. A lot of them, even the ones she/we don't know, openly compliments her on her looks that's usually opened by asking if she's a model.

She gets a lot more 'negativity', personality-wise from her FSUW circle. When she first arrived what I easily noticed - and my wife and her friends too as well - is the condescending look cast upon them by expats upon learning they came here via the MOB route.

I will go out on a limb and say it could be that is it not so much about 'jealousy', but rather the 'oddity' of many of these 'matches'. Age difference is primal, appearance - especially the gals that are fresh off the boat, per se - they tend to don the *stripper look* a bit much. Short skirts, high heels, make-ups, lip gloss/lipstick. They stick out like sore thumbs and more times than not, not in a good way.

Bottom line is, the 'man' is, and always be, the great 'equalizier'. The reality is, as an example, had Aziz Ansari wasn't who he is today, one would think it more than weird that a fine, brilliant and sexy woman like Serena Campbell would be dating someone like him.

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 08:59:53 AM »
:) )

Aren't the libtards' the one's who are supposed 'to be soft on immigration' and forgiving and welcoming ? ...  Seems they can't win in your eyes, Maxx  :D

It is not that simple. They have an order on who they favor the most. One trumps the other. Muslims, gays, illegal immigrants, women and people with disabilities. A royal flush would be a Muslim lesbian in a wheelchair who overstayed her visa and works at the abortion clinic. What is the joker of the deck is a guy married to a foreign spouse. The feminists hate it and see it as a rejection of them. The nationalists conservatives don't like it much either "Why not marry a good 'ol American gal?" But they are a little bit more tolerant. And of course woman are known to become jealous when their men eye up a woman like 'R'. The men got to be extra careful to not get caught talking to her or becoming amorous with their wives when they get home. Kind of like Al Bundy of 'Married with Children' throwing redhead wife Peg a blonde wig and dragging her upstairs. This is after a super hot blonde got him worked up at the shoe store. Moby, I'm surprised you don't know about these things?  :D

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:35:39 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 09:33:45 AM »
IMHO, my experience with this in general is the opposite. For one, I am fortunate to have had a healthy amount of female friends that welcomed and befriended my wife when she first came. Even her AW peers today had never given her any feelings of negativity. She's treated like any other. A lot of them, even the ones she/we don't know, openly compliments her on her looks that's usually opened by asking if she's a model.

She gets a lot more 'negativity', personality-wise from her FSUW circle. When she first arrived what I easily noticed - and my wife and her friends too as well - is the condescending look cast upon them by expats upon learning they came here via the MOB route.

I will go out on a limb and say it could be that is it not so much about 'jealousy', but rather the 'oddity' of many of these 'matches'. Age difference is primal, appearance - especially the gals that are fresh off the boat, per se - they tend to don the *stripper look* a bit much. Short skirts, high heels, make-ups, lip gloss/lipstick. They stick out like sore thumbs and more times than not, not in a good way.

Bottom line is, the 'man' is, and always be, the great 'equalizier'. The reality is, as an example, had Aziz Ansari wasn't who he is today, one would think it more than weird that a fine, brilliant and sexy woman like Serena Campbell would be dating someone like him.

When I was composing this story I had a thought about you. I remember how you said your friends, especially women friends, were very accommodating and welcoming to your wife. I thought about this before, actually a long time ago. I came to two conclusions then. First is you are very very nice to women. Not all men can make friends with women. I've had women I just met have their pupils in their eyes get smaller. A sure sign they don't like me. Second as an immigrant yourself, you get a pass. One immigrant marrying another immigrant is no big deal, almost to be expected. When I did that documentary film 'Avi's Story' I was particularly attracted to Avi's story because he was a Ukrainian immigrant who found his second wife from Azerbaijan off the internet. The whole stigma of him marrying a MOB is negated because he was an immigrant himself. But try as I did I could never make a born and raised American look sympathetic to an audience in those circumstances. People are too quick to stereotype, as we all do to a degree or another.

GQ, you make so many good points. That one about the immigrant community seeing a MOB as not a desirable image of themselves. My ex faced that big time. From what I learned she changed her story on how she got to the US and were she first lived. That she said she came from Chicago rather than less cool Minneapolis. What Russian back home ever heard of Minneapolis?

Oh, and the stripper look. Should have seen the reaction at the Saint Petersburg's Russian Restaurant in Minneapolis when my then wife, a big haired blonde, walked in wearing her red leather outfit, red shoes and red lipstick. Dead silence....... Then suddenly everyone went back chatting again when they figured that she was a MOB and not a hooker.

Sorry about bringing up the ex. Sometimes I have a relapse.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:39:19 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 10:15:41 AM »
Max, doesn't seem to be in good taste to post pics of another man's wife.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 10:33:39 AM »
We seem to have had zero problems with other women or men regarding wife and I.

Of course she was over 40 when she came here 7 years ago and we started appearing in public together.  She has a good body, but never dressed like the typical FSU hooker.  She does wear skin tight jeans and sweaters, but not micro skirts with spike heels and excessive makeup.

There was only one time that I was a little bit worried about.  It was at a social event where I did not attend.

It was a evening retirement dinner for a female faculty member at a very nice banquet hall. Spouse attended in her Sunday best, whereas the other women (young and old) mostly dressed like they were going to an outdoor BBQ.

And, there was no assigned seating.  Upon entering she first encountered a group of mostly senior men faculty.  Several of them had been to our house for picnics, etc. but not all the faculty knew of this.  As they began to get the food being served, they just all naturally sat down together at the nearest table.

So there she was, a very junior female faculty member, sitting with senior male faculty.  The other women sat with those of similar rank.

She told me later that several of the women present seemed to give her looks that were not very nice.  Could have been two reasons.  The formal way she was dressed; that she was with senior men faculty.

I was worried about this.

But that was 3 or so years ago, and nothing bad seems to have carried over.

In fact now, the newly elected Chair of Department (a female) seems to have taken a real like to her, even as wife has now returned to student status in the PhD program.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 11:24:13 AM »
Max, doesn't seem to be in good taste to post pics of another man's wife.

You are right. I took down the two photos that could identify her.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 11:31:55 AM »

We have a poster that used to post here, he and his Russian wife. They haven't posted in a long, long time. Anyway his Russian wife is very much liked by his colleagues both men and women. Both of them are liberal and travel in the arts community crowd. It seems once people get past their first thoughts and prejudice they really warm up to these women.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:34:13 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline ML

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 01:10:05 PM »
It seems once people get past their first thoughts and prejudice they really warm up to these women.

I would suspect the problems or lack thereof are related to two variables:

1) The perceived age difference.  i.e. the actual age difference can be different than the perceived.  If the difference in perceived ages is painful to look at . . .

2) How the foreign bride acts, dresses and carries herself.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 02:10:29 PM »
...Should have seen the reaction at the Saint Petersburg's Russian Restaurant in Minneapolis when my then wife, a big haired blonde, walked in wearing her red leather outfit, red shoes and red lipstick. Dead silence....... Then suddenly everyone went back chatting again when they figured that she was a MOB and not a hooker.

Great visual, maxx!  :P

I would suspect the problems or lack thereof are related to two variables:

1) The perceived age difference.  i.e. the actual age difference can be different than the perceived.  If the difference in perceived ages is painful to look at . . .

2) How the foreign bride acts, dresses and carries herself.

I concur.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline jone

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 02:30:44 PM »

You are right. I took down the two photos that could identify her.

That Walmart pic was pretty offensive too.  Any chance of removing that?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 03:04:40 PM »
Maybe I should give up on my '45 years old on up' age requirement?

If life deals you a good hand take it even if she's under 45. I know a guy who passed up a much younger woman who was friendly and flirting with him. 20 years later he is still single.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 03:53:46 PM »
Maxx,

Concerning SC..like suggesting she wears factor 50 when sun-bathing - I learnt - a long time ago - that she doesn't give a ... what other folks think.. 

The most bitchy comments come from women ...  THIS being a classic from a RU lady I chatted to - but never physically met -  online... She seemed to take my choosing to meet SC over her -  rather well - then out of the blue sent me this (google translate) 'advice' ..

Dear Mark, whether your woman worked as the prostitute earlier? You inquire. She already has rather adult age about 50 years. She has to be elegant and self-sufficient in everything, even in clothes. But she dresses at such an royal for the woman age, as the 14-year-old prostitute. Soon her panties will be visible from under the dresses.

I don't think she could be defined as a 'liberal' in viewpoints and I had to think hard how to politely reply with a one-liner that would floor her ..

Can you guess my response ?

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 04:07:02 PM by msmob »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 06:17:02 PM »
That Walmart pic was pretty offensive too.  Any chance of removing that?

Done, even though I am thinking you're pulling my leg  :D

Offline MarinaSirena

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 10:00:06 PM »

Dear Mark, whether your woman worked as the prostitute earlier? You inquire. She already has rather adult age about 50 years. She has to be elegant and self-sufficient in everything, even in clothes. But she dresses at such an royal for the woman age, as the 14-year-old prostitute. Soon her panties will be visible from under the dresses.

really?) did you receive this message?
Its nice and fun)
Because of every woman  has to be elegant and self-sufficient in everything, even in her judgments :)has to know that its not elegant and polite to impose her limited view .Especially if nobody asked her opinion. :)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:06:02 PM by MarinaSirena »

Offline msmob

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 11:05:34 PM »
really?) did you receive this message?

Honesty - from a Russian lady..!  ))

Come on Maxx, anyone .. Would would YOU say to dissuade the opinionated lady from passing comment, again ! ?

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 04:15:15 AM »
Honesty - from a Russian lady..!  ))

Come on Maxx, anyone .. Would would YOU say to dissuade the opinionated lady from passing comment, again ! ?

I finally found some time to respond.

I am not sure there is anything that could be said to her to keep her from saying such things in the future. From what I understand, she just popped up and offered her opinion without a prompting from you. Was this a response from a recent photo of SC you posted? Could you repost this photo here? Did she send you a PM or post this on your Facebook page? 

As far as my opinion on how SC dresses, I'll offer it if you want me too. You'll probably like my opinion.

Offline MarinaSirena

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 04:21:24 AM »
excuse me, but what is SC?

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 04:25:55 AM »
excuse me, but what is SC?

msmob's girlfriend.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline MarinaSirena

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2018, 04:31:56 AM »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1970
Total: 1979

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM