It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Crimea joining Russian Federation  (Read 61244 times)

Offline Wayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Crimea joining Russian Federation
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2014, 06:12:45 AM »
This is the latest from Crimea:

Russia has increased the cost of natural gas for Ukraine.
Ukraine has shut down electric to Crimea.
In Sevastopol area, cell phones are not working. Ukrainian companies control this.
Most internet service is shut off in Crimea. Again, Ukrainian companies.
Still, the only flights from Simferopol Airport are to and from Moscow.
Ukraine stopped allowing the flights over their air space, so the flights take much longer.
Tickets are almost impossible to buy.
No food in the stores.
Banks closed. No access to your money.
Weather is nice.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
I have heard that all the churches in Crimea need to register with the new government. Some of the Ukrainian religions are not allowed in Russia. I think overall that Russia has less freedoms.

Friday, 18 April 2014, is the deadline for anyone living in Crimea to decline becoming a Russian Citizen.

The bridge to Russia will cost twice as much as they thought.

Water supplies from Ukraine are being cut down by two thirds.

Some people lost money when banks closed.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2014, 01:59:21 PM »
The bridge to Russia will cost twice as much as they thought

Some people lost money when banks closed.

Just a few weeks ago you were stating how things were getting better since the annexation. Are the people/wife who told you the good things happening a few weeks ago now telling you it's bad?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline stilllooking

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2014, 03:20:38 PM »
An infrastructure costing more than they thought it would? now there is a surprise, thought that only happened in the west.

Annexing a piece of land is simple, as Russia showed with Crimea. Of course, when that land is dependent on another country for all its public services you can expect a few issues. Am sure the mighty Russia can solve all those little issues in no time.

Offline missAmeno

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2014, 05:12:39 PM »
Annexing a piece of land is simple, as Russia showed with Crimea. Of course, when that land is dependent on another country for all its public services you can expect a few issues. Am sure the mighty Russia can solve all those little issues in no time.

Yeah, mighty Russia even have a plan. Instead of bothering to build new infrastructure lets annex more of another country and use infrastructure in place there.
And suddenly mighty Russia doesn't look anything better than just bunch of thieves and muggers.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2014, 06:19:41 AM »
The laws in Ukraine are quite a bit different, it seems, than those in Russia. There are pros and cons either way. I think it will take a few years before everything gets sorted out in Crimea.

We would have been paying 19% income tax to Ukraine; now, it is 13% to Russia. So that means you get to keep 6% more of your income.  However, the cost of food and goods have gone up. Perhaps as the supply increases, they will go down again.

Ukraine is starting to impose property tax. If you have a large property or more than one property it will cost you the most. I don't think Russia has property tax yet?

Ukraine has a tax on buying land; I think it is 2%.  It works like a sales tax.  Russia has a much higher tax on purchasing land: something like 16% ?

I think a lot of foreigners who own land in Crimea will be forced into selling it. But will there be enough Russians willing to purchase? My wife thinks the value of land will go up. I don't know! She has invested the money that she earned into the new home for us, so I hope the value does go up. However, it could be a very unstable situation for years.

In driving through Crimea by car and by taking the train, it looks like most of Crimea is rugged, undeveloped county side. I posted photographs, but no one cared. I think the idea of "Putinland" may have some merits. They could make most of the land into a national park system. It already is a good place for back packing. They could develop hunting and fishing more.

How many people on this forum have seen the palaces here? How many of you have even been to Crimea?

Offline Wayne

Offline Wayne

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2014, 12:43:29 PM »
My wife was standing in line outside the bank for three hours in the hot Sun today and gave up when a woman who was standing in line died. She will try again on Monday.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2014, 02:38:25 PM »
My wife was standing in line outside the bank for three hours in the hot Sun today and gave up when a woman who was standing in line died. She will try again on Monday.

Oh! Okay then....just another ho-hum normal day in paradise.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline stilllooking

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
the hot sun makes it sound like the tropics, yet most weather sites I can find suggests a nice spring day with temperatures close to 20 degrees celsuis (or 68 fahrenheit), of course, that could just be russian propaganda....

If people are dying standing in a queue in that temperature then there must be more going on....

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2014, 02:58:19 PM »
the hot sun makes it sound like the tropics, yet most weather sites I can find suggests a nice spring day with temperatures close to 20 degrees celsuis (or 68 fahrenheit), of course, that could just be russian propaganda....

If people are dying standing in a queue in that temperature then there must be more going on....

It is Russian propaganda. How else can a dead woman try again Monday?
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2014, 03:13:01 PM »
It is Russian propaganda. How else can a dead woman try again Monday?

GQ,…... Wayne is talking about his wife trying again the next day.  8)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »

GQ,…... Wayne is talking about his wife trying again the next day.  8)

::::::There's truth in what they say. "Dying is easy. Comedy is hard.":::::::

In case you didn't know, Wayne's wife was also in an airplane crash last she flew in to Ukraine that apparently no one at the airport knew about. You thought the disappearance of MS 370 is weird.....

So strange, unexplainable things have been happening in this part of the world even before Bush got blamed for the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2014, 04:34:50 PM »
GQB, elderly woman really died today in queue to the bank today in Jankoi (Crimea).
Tho I have no idea where Wayne's wife living (was not following full story)

http://crime.in.ua/news/20140425/ochered-krym

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2014, 04:48:02 PM »
GQB, elderly woman really died today in queue to the bank today in Jankoi (Crimea).

That's sad. I didn't doubt the part of the woman dying...it was the manner in which the post was written.

:(

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2014, 02:51:29 AM »
That's sad. I didn't doubt the part of the woman dying...it was the manner in which the post was written.

:(

You must know I knew about the post and how it was written and your black humor.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2014, 03:39:54 AM »

While I feel sorry for the woman and her family, this is what I got when I tried to follow your link:

Error 1009 Ray ID: 12121e77c4cd04b6

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (crime.in.ua) has banned your IP address (xx.xx.xx.xx) on the country or region you are accessing it from.

I never realised that New Zealand was such a threat to a Ukrainian website!  :o

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2014, 09:00:38 AM »
Anotherkiwi, I do not know. I have access to that website without any issues.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2014, 09:08:38 AM »
I had no issue with that link

Назад в СССР. Крымчане умирают в многотысячных очередях
Пт, 25/04/2014 - 13:48

В Джанкое (Крым) возле отделения «ПриватБанка» сегодня утром, 25 апреля, скончалась пожилая женщина.
Как сообщили очевидцы изданию 15 минут, женщина ожидала своей очереди, чтобы написать заявление о возвращении вкладов. По предварительной информации, смерть наступила в результате отрыва тромба.Читайте также: «Затокрымнаш». Полуостров в сумерках «русского мира»</blockquote>23 апреля в Крыму начался прием документов для получения компенсаций по вкладам «Приватбанка», которому официально запретили работать в Крыму. С тех пор возле крымских банков собираются огромные очереди.
Сейчас крымчане только становятся в очередь, получают талоны с датой, когда смогут подать заявление на возврат денег. Очередь вкладчиков уже расписана до 8 мая. В каждом отделении уже зарегистрировано от 6 до 8 тысяч очередников.
Ссылки по теме:
Цугцванг. Крымские «гоблины» не могут справиться ни с экономикой, ни с преступностью
Русские. Их нет, есть неудачники, ностальгирующие по СССР
"Нас обокрали!" Пенсионеры высказали свои претензии новой власти Крыма (+видео)
Источник фото: ikrim.net.

tags:

Крым
оккупация
аннексия
Россия
деньги
банки
обзор
«Приватбанк»
crime

Offline LAman

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2014, 09:36:07 AM »
Now isn't this a little easier reading??? ;)

Back in the USSR. Crimeans die in crowded queues

Fri 25/04/2014 - 13:48

In Jankoi ( Crimea ) near the branch "Privat" this morning, April 25, the elderly woman died.

As eyewitnesses edition of 15 minutes , the woman was waiting for his turn to write a statement about the return of deposits. According to preliminary information, the death occurred as a result of the separation of the thrombus.

See also:  "Zatokrymnash." Peninsula at dusk "Russian world"

April 23 in the Crimea began accepting documents for obtaining compensation for deposits "Privat", which is officially banned from working in the Crimea. Since then, near the Crimean banks collected huge queues.

Now Crimeans only become in turn receive coupons with the date when they can apply for a refund. Turn depositors already painted until May 8. Each office is already registered from 6 to 8000 waiting.

Related Links:

Zugzwang. Crimean "goblins" can not cope with any economic or crime

Russian. They do not, there are losers, nostalgic for the Soviet Union

"We were robbed!" Seniors expressed their claims new government of Crimea (+ video)

Photo source: ikrim.net.

tags: Crimea, occupation, annexation, Russia, money, banks, overview, "Privat", crime
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2014, 09:42:59 AM »
Thanks LAman!  I had no idea of what it said.

Offline stilllooking

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2014, 12:09:01 PM »
Did not mean disrespect, just the way the original post was written makes it sound as if waiting in the hot sun was the reason of death.

With what is happening currently people will try to make every tragedy sound like it is being caused by the situation, the question is, did standing in the 'hot sun' or even standing in the queue contribute to the death. Reading ~Wayne's post it certainly sounded that way, reading the 'news' i have my doubts.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2014, 10:12:51 AM »
Miss Ameno, Jankoi is another town, so the woman is not the same person. Also, the climate varies a lot in Crimea depending upon the location and elevation.

I do remember Privat Bank in Simferopol. Most Ukrainian owned banks are closed in Crimea.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2014, 01:29:09 PM »
Latest news: Ukrainian owned banks seem to all be closed now in Crimea. Now, Moneygram is not working. There is a Russian service called:  "Unistream". They have only one office in my state which is a six hour drive round trip plus I would have to take a day off from work to get there.

So the banking problem is getting worse in Crimea, at least for now.

Also, going from Crimea to Ukraine can be done by the train, but my wife says that to return she would have to go through Russia to Kerch and then to Simferopol. So this would be a most dangerous and long trip!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2014, 03:47:52 PM »
These are fairly 'expected' events for a region recently deciding to be under the dominion of another state. Banks within will re-establish as will many infrastructure faculties...

As for Ukraine....I think it's making its own headwind in their own territorial restructuring. That's what regime changes are for. The EU and the US are making sure of that as designed.

...Halliburton did not respond to CNBC requests for comment....

Dang that Dick Cheney is at it again, no?  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:52:18 PM by GQBlues »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 3932
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2928
Total: 2937

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Today at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Today at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Today at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
Yesterday at 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 08:06:00 AM